GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 06 Jul 2020, 18:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 7631
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2020, 23:11
2
Aviral1995 wrote:
Anyone applying to Tepper in Round 5? Also, is it advisable to apply in round 5 amidst current situation?

Whether to apply in late rounds amidst the current situation? Yes. In light of the increasing number of deferral requests from R1/R2 admits, many schools are looking to recruit more # of students in late rounds than they normally do.
Whether these rounds are suitable for international candidates? May be not, and that is because of uncertainly over student visas. In fact, some schools (such as Vanderbilt Owen) are even asking international applicants to not apply in late rounds. Check this https://gmatclub.com/forum/covid-19-out ... l#p2492648

Disclaimer: This is not specific to Tepper. I am talking about general admission scenario.
_________________
MBA Spotlight - GMAT Club's Top 20 MBA Fair. Learn More | Register
2020 MBA Applicants: Introduce Yourself Here!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Aug 2016
Posts: 12
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2020, 09:09
Narenn wrote:
Aviral1995 wrote:
Anyone applying to Tepper in Round 5? Also, is it advisable to apply in round 5 amidst current situation?

Whether to apply in late rounds amidst the current situation? Yes. In light of the increasing number of deferral requests from R1/R2 admits, many schools are looking to recruit more # of students in late rounds than they normally do.
Whether these rounds are suitable for international candidates? May be not, and that is because of uncertainly over student visas. In fact, some schools (such as Vanderbilt Owen) are even asking international applicants to not apply in late rounds. Check this https://gmatclub.com/forum/covid-19-out ... l#p2492648

Disclaimer: This is not specific to Tepper. I am talking about general admission scenario.


How about for Canadian passport holders? We don't need student visas.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Apr 2020
Posts: 1
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2020, 15:50
Does anyone know how the ReVera verification check works? Does it cost money? I see it mentioned on Tepper web page but wondering if this is an additional fee and what it entails. Thanks.

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
User avatar
V
Joined: 24 Aug 2016
Posts: 786
GMAT 1: 540 Q49 V16
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2020, 16:50
A potential admit has to pay for the third-party services out of pocket. This is standard across the schools in USA. It should be around 200-250 USD... (donot remember the exact amount).

Posted from my mobile device
_________________
Please let me know if I am going in wrong direction.
Thanks in appreciation.
Current Student
User avatar
V
Joined: 24 Aug 2016
Posts: 786
GMAT 1: 540 Q49 V16
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2020, 16:53
How about for Canadian passport holders? We don't need student visas.[/quote]

They definitely need one... but the process is wayyyyy simpler.

Posted from my mobile device
_________________
Please let me know if I am going in wrong direction.
Thanks in appreciation.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Apr 2019
Posts: 6
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2020, 19:31
Hey, I have applied in R3 and haven’t heard from the Adcom regarding my interview. I want to know if any R3 applicant has received the interview invite?

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 3598
GRE 1: Q168 V154

GRE 2: Q169 V152
GPA: 3.49
WE: Engineering (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Apr 2020, 11:49
rishabh16993 wrote:
Hey, I have applied in R3 and haven’t heard from the Adcom regarding my interview. I want to know if any R3 applicant has received the interview invite?

Posted from my mobile device


From the decision tracker, I see one person who applied in R3 got interviewed.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/tepper-205/d ... acker.html
_________________
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 May 2017
Posts: 33
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.57
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2020, 01:37
Has any R2 waitlist received an update?
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 3598
GRE 1: Q168 V154

GRE 2: Q169 V152
GPA: 3.49
WE: Engineering (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2020, 09:35
I see the decision day for Round 3 Part-time and Full-time MBA is May 4th 2020. Is anyone still waiting to hear from them today? Feel free to join here https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php?room_id=50050073

Attachment:
Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 10.53.41 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 10.53.41 PM.png [ 71.13 KiB | Viewed 1506 times ]

_________________
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Aug 2018
Posts: 14
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2020, 11:32
I applied for R4, went complete a week or so ago
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Apr 2017
Posts: 3
Location: India
Schools: UVA Darden
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2020, 20:00
Did anyone receive any update on their R4 application?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Aug 2018
Posts: 14
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2020, 06:06
Not yet, anxiously waiting. My top choice so anxiously waiting
Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 13 Apr 2019
Posts: 240
Location: India
Schools: Kellogg '22
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.85
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2020, 06:37
salesguy725 wrote:
Not yet, anxiously waiting. My top choice so anxiously waiting


Hey! I am planning to apply for Round-4. Given the current situation of Covid-19, i was wondering if Transcripts are mandatory to apply for Tepper Business School. Or in place of transcript I can submit my undergrad Degree along with Marksheets in PDF format.

Looking forward to your help!
Thanks in advance
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Dec 2019
Posts: 3
Location: United States (PA)
Schools: Tepper (A)
GPA: 3.17
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 May 2020, 05:11
1
Aviral1995 wrote:
salesguy725 wrote:
Not yet, anxiously waiting. My top choice so anxiously waiting


Hey! I am planning to apply for Round-4. Given the current situation of Covid-19, i was wondering if Transcripts are mandatory to apply for Tepper Business School. Or in place of transcript I can submit my undergrad Degree along with Marksheets in PDF format.

Looking forward to your help!
Thanks in advance


The adcom is super helpful, just call the general number or make an appointment online to ask. For the application pre-COVID you could use any copy of your transcript that you have (I had one from graduation stashed behind my diploma that I scanned and sent to them). My undergrad is only offering digital copies now, which I believe is /was also acceptable to upload to the application. To matriculate you need to try and get an official copy but that is due sometime over the summer after you’re admitted.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Posts: 6
Schools: Tepper '22 (S)
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 06:53
salesguy725 wrote:
Not yet, anxiously waiting. My top choice so anxiously waiting


Did you hear back anything? The decision release date is May 21 and I haven't heard back anything yet. Getting anxious.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Aug 2018
Posts: 14
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 09:25
Didn't know there was a definite date for decisions.

No word on the eastern front.
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 3598
GRE 1: Q168 V154

GRE 2: Q169 V152
GPA: 3.49
WE: Engineering (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 09:41
salesguy725

I see that May 21st is the decision day for the part-time program. Did you apply for a part-time or full-time program?

https://www.cmu.edu/tepper/programs/mba ... lines.html
_________________
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Aug 2018
Posts: 14
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 09:43
workout wrote:
salesguy725

I see that May 21st is the decision day for the part-time program. Did you apply for a part-time or full-time program?

https://www.cmu.edu/tepper/programs/mba ... lines.html


I applied full time Fall 2020
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Posts: 6
Schools: Tepper '22 (S)
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 10:11
workout wrote:
I see that May 21st is the decision day for the part-time program. Did you apply for a part-time or full-time program?


Oh wow, now I am worried. I am sure I have applied to the full-time MBA program at Tepper. The title to the application that I submitted is "2020 Master in Business Administration". I am praying that this is not the part-time program.

Regarding the date I mentioned, I had received an email from Tepper stating, "If you feel that you are ready and able to submit your application by Thursday, April 16th at 11:59 pm ET, we will still have the opportunity to consider your candidacy in Round 4. Our Round 4 decisions will be released on May 21, 2020." This is why I was wondering about the May 21st date.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Aug 2018
Posts: 14
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2020, 12:49
Againstallodds wrote:
workout wrote:
I see that May 21st is the decision day for the part-time program. Did you apply for a part-time or full-time program?


Oh wow, now I am worried. I am sure I have applied to the full-time MBA program at Tepper. The title to the application that I submitted is "2020 Master in Business Administration". I am praying that this is not the part-time program.

Regarding the date I mentioned, I had received an email from Tepper stating, "If you feel that you are ready and able to submit your application by Thursday, April 16th at 11:59 pm ET, we will still have the opportunity to consider your candidacy in Round 4. Our Round 4 decisions will be released on May 21, 2020." This is why I was wondering about the May 21st date.


Spoke with admissions, they said if you are admitted, you typically will be interviewed.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022   [#permalink] 14 May 2020, 12:49

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19    Next  [ 375 posts ] 

Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022

  new topic post reply Update application status  





cron

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne