GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 11 Aug 2020, 23:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Admitted
04 Mar, 2020
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.62
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022 [#permalink]
I was called today about being admitted, and let me say I’m ecstatic and congrats to all other admits! but I’m still waiting on the email. When should I expect the email by?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.83
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022 [#permalink]
wackyboy29 wrote:
I was called today about being admitted, and let me say I’m ecstatic and congrats to all other admits! but I’m still waiting on the email. When should I expect the email by?

You may wanna check your application portal now, mine was updated about 20 minutes ago without an email (only found out cuz I was refreshing it like crazy haha). Good luck!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.62
Kael wrote:
wackyboy29 wrote:

You may wanna check your application portal now, mine was updated about 20 minutes ago without an email (only found out cuz I was refreshing it like crazy haha). Good luck!

Hey thanks! As luck would have it I just received it. Congrats!
Admitted
10 Dec, 2019
04 Mar 2020, 20:24
Private, GMAT: 740; United States; via Phone
Decision received 3/4/20. Not sure why I can't change it. [#permalink]
Current Student
GMAT 1: 540 Q49 V16
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V33
Congratulations to all the Admits !!
Founder
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
Expert Reply
Quote:
Decision received 3/4/20. Not sure why I can't change it.
Admitted on: 2019/12/10
GMAT: 740
Heard back via: Phone

Congrats!!! Sorry if the date is fixed, we try to match it up with the release date. They released earlier than expected :?

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
WAMC! - What Are My Chances - Automated Profile Evaluation Tool is Here!
Everything we know about GMAT ONLINE is Here!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Got into Tepper with no scholarship money.

Is it possible to send an email asking for one?
BSchool Moderator
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
akrockheartz19 wrote:

Its possible. You will be better off if you have another admit with scholarship. You can quote the other scholarship case in the email.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
redskull1 wrote:
akrockheartz19 wrote:

Its possible. You will be better off if you have another admit with scholarship. You can quote the other scholarship case in the email.

In such communications, is it advisable to quote the other institute and the exact amount of the offer?

BSchool Moderator
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
Yes. We just might have to. Otherwise they will think we are not serious. My 2 cents.

bb Some help..?

Read some posts on Gmatclub. You will find a lot of material.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/negotiate-sc ... 95522.html

See this post once.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
Schools: Tepper '22 (S)
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V32
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Can anyone tell me when the round 3 application results would be out?

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
ManasviHP wrote:

May 4, 2020 according to this link:
https://www.cmu.edu/tepper/programs/mba/admissions/apply/important-dates-and-deadlines.html
Intern
Intern
GRE 1: Q165 V165
Got a WL. Enlisted for the priority WL. Can't think of ways I can improve my application. Any suggestion would be welcome. Also, when do they usually let you know know more?
NUS School Moderator
Concentration: Marketing, Sustainability
GPA: 4
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
To all the admitted students, how did your scholarship letter turn out, substantial scholarships?
Intern
Intern
s1lntz wrote:
ManasviHP wrote:

May 4, 2020 according to this link:
https://www.cmu.edu/tepper/programs/mba/admissions/apply/important-dates-and-deadlines.html

Thank you. Got a mail from them saying they need my Degree scroll to verify my transcripts further.
I wanted to enquire whether on May 4 i.e. on the result day of round 3, will applications of all rounds get their final results too ( especially the ones on WL). Since this is the last round...
Also was wondering whether applicants from the last round are generally ever put on hold (WL) or directly declined?
Lastly, if you could help me with the timeline... In the sense, suppose they like me, typically when will I get called for the interview?

Thanks in advance. :)
Intern
Intern
GRE 1: Q162 V164
GPA: 3.23
blowice27 wrote:
To all the admitted students, how did your scholarship letter turn out, substantial scholarships?

Way better than expected, I was feeling nervous on whether or not I'd even get in since I got dinged from Fuqua and Anderson w/o interviews.

Ended up getting in with $50k total ($25k per year). Definitely a pleasant surprise.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
Expert Reply
Congratulations to all admits! I've created a closed chat group of Tepper admits to get in touch and discuss the next steps. Group chat feature provides you nearly all the benefits of popular chat apps while protecting your privacy. Here is an invitation link of Tepper admits chat group.
I submitted my application on 2 March and my application says completed but nothing more than that? Any thoughts how long it'll take?

Intern
Intern
Schools: Tepper (A)
GPA: 3.17
ManasviHP wrote:
I submitted my application on 2 March and my application says completed but nothing more than that? Any thoughts how long it'll take?

I applied to the PT program R3, I received an interview invite by email I think it was on the 3rd., make sure to check your spam. I don't think I saw anything in the portal about my interview...final decision for R3 is 5/4 for everyone. I'm local so I'm not sure if that impacts how quickly I received the interview invite...and the part time program is very small so probably fewer applicants to go through for those interviews.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  19   
Moderators:
Board of Directors
3628 posts
BSchool Moderator
423 posts
Current Student
790 posts
Feedback