GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Oct 2019, 08:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V35
WE: Pharmaceuticals (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2015, 01:30
Hi All,

I'll submit my application in R2. Just to confirm, does McGill follow rolling admissions process?

In case anyone got admitted, please share your profile and experience :)

Thanks,
Kunal
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2015, 02:28
Eventhough I began the application ages ago, I'm still working on it. I cannot believe I am so horribly slow!. :) Got to be R2.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2015, 04:02
VijayG6387 wrote:
Eventhough I began the application ages ago, I'm still working on it. I cannot believe I am so horribly slow!. :) Got to be R2.

I too am working on my essays and plan to submit it around late November.

It'll be great if any current student can let us know about the Pharmaceutical and Healthcare opportunities in and around Montreal and Toronto. If any person doesn't know french, will this be a barrier in getting a job in Montreal after school?

Thanks,
Kunal
Manager
Manager
B
Affiliations: PMI
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE: Operations (Aerospace and Defense)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2015, 07:58
stevkang8 wrote:
shyamnambiar wrote:
Hey everyone.
I have a basic issue/ confusion with the McGill online app!
While all other schools have a straightforward app online, here it takes you to the McGill univ site, then clicking management, full time MBA 2016 etc, it takes you to a screen asking for basic details and 2 references, and then to a payment page. What about the essays/ education/scores et al - the standard rigmarole? Or, do they come up after the payment? Kind of strange, it appears!
Or, am I filling the wrong app? ((https://nimbus.mcgill.ca/uApply/dashboard/applicant))

Could somebody help urgently, please?

I do not remember encountering that, everything was pretty straight forward if I remember correctly. Then again I applied back in May so....don't remember it quite well. I recommend you just do it anyway, if you are missing anything the admission committee will contact you, so I do not think you have to worry about that. Do make sure you pick the correct program though.

I have finally submitted the app.
It indeed works this way :-
Apply from common McGill University site, fill basic details and then pay the fees. Thereafter you get to the page where you fill out other data and upload documents. Quite interesting Essay questions too, compared to the staple "Why MBA, Why now, Why You, Why Us"! The AdCom is very responsive here, which is an impressive facet.
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge
Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2015, 19:09
For those who have submitted and waiting for interview intimation, and for those looking at subsequent rounds, here is something to munch on, in the interim!

http://www.bloomberg.com/bschools/rankings/full_time_mba_profiles/mcgill.html
Please update your application status, now that we have crossed the R1 deadline on 01 Nov 15. Many may have been busy with that and not got time to 'update status'!

Also, here is a link to the next round of info sessions:-
https://www.mcgill.ca/desautels/programs/mba-programs/mba/information-sessions?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=button&utm_campaign=infosession 08 Dec 2015 12pm. The full list of offline sessions in various countries is also listed at this URL.
In India the info sessions are on 30 Nov 15 @ Delhi and 05 Dec @ Mumbai
Contact mba.mgmt@mcgill.ca for setting up a meeting.
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2015, 10:40
Hey Guys!

Want to know what Hult Prize at McGill is about? Join our facebook page to know more about the $1M Hult prize event at McGill and hoe students can participate in it to make their vision for change a reality!
Like and share!
https://www.facebook.com/hultprizeatmcgill/?fref=nf
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2015, 12:43
How did the first round application for everyone go?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2015, 05:50
KunalV21 wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:

I too am working on my essays and plan to submit it around late November.

It'll be great if any current student can let us know about the Pharmaceutical and Healthcare opportunities in and around Montreal and Toronto. If any person doesn't know french, will this be a barrier in getting a job in Montreal after school?

Thanks,
Kunal

Hi,

Can any current student give inputs to this question? That'll be highly helpful.

Thanks,
Kunal
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Reviews Badge
Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2015, 06:09
Not a current student but I live in Toronto and have been doing some research in the Montreal job market. Here is what I think,

If you do not speak French, forget about getting a job in Montreal, they don't like people who don't speak French. You can live there perfectly fine because you will be paying and they don't mind that, but if you want to find a job without speaking French, good luck.

Healthcare market wise, not too sure. I have no seen too many job options for MBA students. There are a good number of nursing and caretaker jobs but I doubt anyone with an MBA would do that.
Pharm jobs wise, Canada overall has a solid industry, you can even find those jobs in the west coast if I am not mistaken.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2015, 07:21
stevkang8 wrote:
Not a current student but I live in Toronto and have been doing some research in the Montreal job market. Here is what I think,

If you do not speak French, forget about getting a job in Montreal, they don't like people who don't speak French. You can live there perfectly fine because you will be paying and they don't mind that, but if you want to find a job without speaking French, good luck.

Healthcare market wise, not too sure. I have no seen too many job options for MBA students. There are a good number of nursing and caretaker jobs but I doubt anyone with an MBA would do that.
Pharm jobs wise, Canada overall has a solid industry, you can even find those jobs in the west coast if I am not mistaken.

Thanks for your valuable inputs, stevkang8.

How likely does any McGill MBA get a pharm job or say a job in Toronto? Just trying to understand the mobility. Their website says that a quarter of them landed in Toronto irrespective of the industry. However, since you live in Toronto, I'd love to have your inputs.

Additionally, what are the other schools in Canada which are good for a person with goals associated with pharm industry?

Best Regards,
Kunal
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2015, 05:56
To me, MBA's in Canada are more leaning toward the general management stream, so I don't think there is one school that is particularly going to make you the golden boy/ girl in that industry, as long as you can get into a good school, I think you stand roughly equal chances.

I actually never looked into the pharm industry in Toronto, I have a general idea of what Canada has, but specifically in the city....not sure. If staying in Toronto is your long term aspiration, you might be doing yourself a favour by going into consulting or finance. Most of my friends from undergrad are in finance or financial engineering now.
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2015, 09:03
stevkang8 wrote:
How did the first round application for everyone go?

The interview notifications seem to be just about starting off. Not too many yet notified.
Heard back from the AdCom that it should be known in a couple of weeks. Guess they are lagging the US Schools by a month, akin to their Course start dates!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2015, 11:00
McGill actually starts classes in early August for a one month mini training camp for stats and math and accounting. I would think students there start earlier than any American ones lol
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT Date: 07-05-2015

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2015, 10:52
Hey can anyone throw some light about the conversion rates of McGills post interview. Actually I had my interview on 2nd November still no reply from the adcom.
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2015, 07:00
sghosal99 wrote:
Hey can anyone throw some light about the conversion rates of McGills post interview. Actually I had my interview on 2nd November still no reply from the adcom.

Could you throw some light on how your interview went and the generic nature of questions, formality, time factor, mode of interview etc please, to guide the rest?
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2015, 07:52
Invited to interview :)
16th November by Skype, Ms Antoinette Molino
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2015, 06:50
Anybody else here heard from McGill regarding the interview slot or otherwise? ZFor those who haven't, it is just "Not Yet", so nothing to lose hope! Kindly update :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2015, 06:09
Right, made my decision. Not completing my application to McGill. :/
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2015, 06:56
shyamnambiar wrote:

All the very best for your interview! Please keep us posted :)

Quick question - One of my recommenders is going to take some time (a week or so) to submit the recommendation. I've completed rest of the application. Will they wait to receive the recommendation or will they consider my application with 1 recommendation (with 1 more to be received)?
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2015, 09:28
KunalV21 wrote:
shyamnambiar wrote:

All the very best for your interview! Please keep us posted :)

Quick question - One of my recommenders is going to take some time (a week or so) to submit the recommendation. I've completed rest of the application. Will they wait to receive the recommendation or will they consider my application with 1 recommendation (with 1 more to be received)?

Thanks! :)
By the way, the normal procedure seems to be to review the app after all components are received. However, if you are close to a deadline, you could email them with your particular circumstances, seeking relaxation of a few days for one of the recos.
Am sure they would oblige that, if everything else is alright! Good luck :)
By the way, they seem to be doing pretty well in the rankings of 2015! :)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!   [#permalink] 15 Nov 2015, 09:28

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13    Next  [ 247 posts ] 

Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!

new topic post reply Update application status