GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Oct 2019, 08:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Re: Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2015, 10:15
desaichinmay22 wrote:
You intend on immigrating to Quebec? Without French knowledge, it would be very difficult. If Finance is your interest, then in terms of program and placement, McGill is better than Sauder.

I plan to utilize the work permit and later apply for PR. I am well versed in French so that won't be a problem. But Finance is not my cup of tea i guess.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Schools: Desautels '18
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Re: Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2015, 10:19
desaichinmay22 wrote:
bharatgakhar wrote:
I am planning to apply before the 15 jan deadline. Have written to the Admissions office but havent received an reply for days now.

As per my understanding:

1) TOEFL/IELTS is not required if u have completed undergrad in english medium. I have my transcript which clearly states that the medium of instruction was english. So I believe I am exempt.
2) During the application we first need to submit reference details and then make the payment. After that upload documents ( essays, transcripts etc.). Is there anything left?
Does the reference form is automatically sent out once we make the payment.

Please correct me if I am wrong. I am currently working on essays and any help on this front would be crucial esp. when it seems that Adcom might not be available to respond to any queries due to winter vacations in canada.

For the first point you are correct, since transcript mentions that medium of instruction was English, you are exempted.
For the second point, once you pay the application fee, your referees will receive the link to upload their letters. There are employment history form and application survey form which you will have to provide along with transcripts, essays, CV etc.[/quote

Than
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: CBS '17
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Consumer Products)
Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2015, 10:34
aakashbaweja wrote:
desaichinmay22 wrote:
You intend on immigrating to Quebec? Without French knowledge, it would be very difficult. If Finance is your interest, then in terms of program and placement, McGill is better than Sauder.

I plan to utilize the work permit and later apply for PR. I am well versed in French so that won't be a problem. But Finance is not my cup of tea i guess.

Generally speaking Quebec economy has more to offer in terms of employment than BC economy. Its proximity to Ontario and US also helps. If I were you, I would prefer McGill, unless BC offered more opportunities in my career area. With your language skills, immigration law differences between the two would be minimal.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V40
GPA: 3.61
WE: Consulting (Accounting)

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2015, 16:06
Has any of your references encountered problems with the email to upload the letters? I entered their info correctly (double checked that) and paid my application fee. However, both my references did not receive the email. Is it sent as soon as you pay the fee or does it take a couple of days?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
WE: Engineering (Computer Hardware)

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2015, 08:42
aakashbaweja wrote:
KunalV21 wrote:
aakashbaweja wrote:
Got an admit from Mcgill with 10,000 CAD scholarship

Congratulations!

Are you planning to join the program?

I have got an admit from Sauder as well. So right now deciding between the 2.

Anyone has any information about the difference between the immigration laws of British Columbia and Quebec?

Congratulations..Did you also get scholarship along with the offers?
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: ACCA
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.3
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2016, 05:31
Hi,

I applied today the 5th of January. The R2 deadline was on the 4th of Jan. Does anyone know what happens now? Will my application be opened with R3? I am an international student, does this mean that I have missed the deadline? I am sooo worried!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: CBS '17
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Consumer Products)

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2016, 06:23
enywmara wrote:
Hi,

I applied today the 5th of January. The R2 deadline was on the 4th of Jan. Does anyone know what happens now? Will my application be opened with R3? I am an international student, does this mean that I have missed the deadline? I am sooo worried!

First of all, go as per the time and date at Montreal and not your place to decide when you submitted your application. Factor in the the time difference and see whether you submitted your application before or after deadline. Even if you missed deadline, it wouldn't make any difference to your application. So don't worry. All the best for your application.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Economics, Finance

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2016, 11:11
enywmara wrote:
Hi,

Hi,

I believe the R2 deadline is 15th January

https://www.mcgill.ca/desautels/program ... quirements
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2016, 17:03
With McGill I don't think the deadline matters much when it is early. They do it on a rolling basis, I submitted a few days after R1 deadline but was contacted in two weeks, and after my interview, the decision was literally out the next day. I am sure you will hear something soon, good luck!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2016, 17:05
Quebec is sort of different from rest of Canada, but I do not believe it makes a difference to an MBA student. You get the three year work permit after your program either way so it is basically up to you now. Congrats!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2016, 02:36
I had my interview with McGill yesterday.
The interviewer told me that there are 70% students get placed in Canada and 30% go elsewhere.
I checked the website but the geography wise placement statistics were not present.
Does anyone have any idea about these statistics ?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2016, 03:13
amitjathar wrote:
I had my interview with McGill yesterday.
The interviewer told me that there are 70% students get placed in Canada and 30% go elsewhere.
I checked the website but the geography wise placement statistics were not present.
Does anyone have any idea about these statistics ?

The geographical breakdown is given on their website. Here's the link - https://www.mcgill.ca/desautels/career/data
I am guessing that most of those who don't get placed in Canada return to work in their home countries.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2016, 12:58
Guys,

Both the referees have to be from the professional arena or can I include an academic referee along with a professional referee?

Thanks!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2016, 21:07
bazookabanger wrote:
Guys,

Both the referees have to be from the professional arena or can I include an academic referee along with a professional referee?

Thanks!

Depends on how many years of professional work experience you have accumulated. If it more than 5 years, it generally does not make sense to add an academic reference.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2016, 21:10
Thanks Vijay. I have 3.5 years of work experience.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2016, 21:45
bazookabanger wrote:
Thanks Vijay. I have 3.5 years of work experience.

You should consider both professional in my opinion. :) as it will indirectly add to show that you are able to network well. Again, that's purely my opinion. :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2016, 03:15
Can any of the admitted folks quickly help me with how to upload the unofficial gmat score to McGill application? I do not see a link for that on the application page and it just says 'Your test scores are automatically sent to McGill.' I had however selected McGill as one of the schools to receive the score while taking the exam. Any idea on how it'd work?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2016, 03:46
VijayG6387 wrote:
Can any of the admitted folks quickly help me with how to upload the unofficial gmat score to McGill application? I do not see a link for that on the application page and it just says 'Your test scores are automatically sent to McGill.' I had however selected McGill as one of the schools to receive the score while taking the exam. Any idea on how it'd work?

Shoot an email to the adcom. They must not have updated your file yet. I wouldn't worry about it.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2016, 06:35
AA2909 wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:

Shoot an email to the adcom. They must not have updated your file yet. I wouldn't worry about it.

Ta mate, will do that. :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2016, 12:38
Done, submitted it today. Just in time for the R2 deadline. Fingers crossed.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!   [#permalink] 10 Jan 2016, 12:38

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13    Next  [ 247 posts ] 

Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!

new topic post reply Update application status