GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Oct 2019, 21:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Jan 2016
Posts: 16
Schools: Rotman '18 (I)
Re: Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2016, 12:36
Is it possible to get an extension on the deadline?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Aug 2015
Posts: 35
Re: Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2016, 12:41
The average scholarship amount is CAD 12.5K and max scholarship is half of tuition fee
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2015
Posts: 11
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.5
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2016, 11:35
Hi all,

i applied on 15th Jan but my GMAT and TOEFL scores were reported only on 21th Jan. Up to now,no feedback no email. Crossing finger as this is my 1st choice, the other one is HEC.
I applied at the same time at HEC and will have the interview tomorrow.

GMAT 680 Q49V34
iBT 99
GPA 3.5
Non native african woman
6years experience in IT

Wish me good luck dears!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Oct 2014
Posts: 17
Concentration: Economics, Finance
Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2016, 03:53
No reply in 3 weeks. Does it mean rejection?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Mar 2015
Posts: 49
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V35
WE: Pharmaceuticals (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2016, 05:40
dseian88 wrote:
No reply in 3 weeks. Does it mean rejection?


Don't lose hope. It's not over until it's over.

P.S - McGill admission committee is pretty fast though.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Oct 2014
Posts: 17
Concentration: Economics, Finance
Re: Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2016, 13:11
KunalV21 wrote:
dseian88 wrote:
No reply in 3 weeks. Does it mean rejection?


Don't lose hope. It's not over until it's over.

P.S - McGill admission committee is pretty fast though.


Thanks for the encouraging words but I am surprised the way this group is silent.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Mar 2015
Posts: 49
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V35
WE: Pharmaceuticals (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2016, 00:52
dseian88 wrote:
KunalV21 wrote:
dseian88 wrote:
No reply in 3 weeks. Does it mean rejection?


Don't lose hope. It's not over until it's over.

P.S - McGill admission committee is pretty fast though.


Thanks for the encouraging words but I am surprised the way this group is silent.


Not sure about aspirants but admitted students are connected through other channels.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Nov 2015
Posts: 21
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GPA: 3.79
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Re: Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2016, 08:34
Got dingedd.....:-) :-D
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Sep 2014
Posts: 26
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V36
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Entertainment and Sports)
Re: Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2016, 09:18
supr5988 what was your gmat and work experience? dinged with or without interview?
i submitted a week back
havent heard anything yet
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Nov 2015
Posts: 21
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GPA: 3.79
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Re: Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2016, 09:32
shakib143 wrote:
supr5988 what was your gmat and work experience? dinged with or without interview?
i submitted a week back
havent heard anything yet


Dont worry, you might get in given ur gmat score. Congrats on ISB. i am a hedge fund manager with 6.5 yrs exp in Investment Management. I submitted my GRE instead of GMAT. i got a letter which said something they got too many applications this time, etc etc.. My guess in a class of 80, they don't want too many indians...already 10 plus indians have accepted their admit from mcgill.

Y mcgill over ISB?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Sep 2014
Posts: 26
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V36
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Entertainment and Sports)
Re: Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2016, 09:58
supr5988 wrote:
shakib143 wrote:
supr5988 what was your gmat and work experience? dinged with or without interview?
i submitted a week back
havent heard anything yet


Dont worry, you might get in given ur gmat score. Congrats on ISB. i am a hedge fund manager with 6.5 yrs exp in Investment Management. I submitted my GRE instead of GMAT. i got a letter which said something they got too many applications this time, etc etc.. My guess in a class of 80, they don't want too many indians...already 10 plus indians have accepted their admit from mcgill.

Y mcgill over ISB?


Thanks! Let's hope that happens. McGill over ISB will be a decision post getting an admit (basis scholarship :-) )
I applied because I wanted to work internationally for sometime. Canada has a friendly work atmosphere with good options in different industries.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jun 2015
Posts: 380
Location: Canada
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2016, 22:07
supr5988 wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:
Completed all the components of my application on 12th of January, had have received a confirmation only yesterday that it is complete and has been picked up for review. I wish they don't take 2 more weeks to invite me for an interview.



Hey Vijay..received any updates?


None at all mate. Has been awfully silent. Just got a confirmation two weeks that ago that my application is complete (when in fact I had completed it a week prior to that).
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 28 May 2015
Posts: 76
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2016, 03:12
VijayG6387 wrote:
supr5988 wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:
Completed all the components of my application on 12th of January, had have received a confirmation only yesterday that it is complete and has been picked up for review. I wish they don't take 2 more weeks to invite me for an interview.



Hey Vijay..received any updates?


None at all mate. Has been awfully silent. Just got a confirmation two weeks that ago that my application is complete (when in fact I had completed it a week prior to that).


Same - I got a mail a week back saying that my application is complete but it was completed on 18th Jan.
I do not know where is this leading.
Good luck guys.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Jan 2016
Posts: 16
Schools: Rotman '18 (I)
Re: Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2016, 11:42
I think McGill's bar to admit Indian students is a GMAT of over 730 unless he or she is from a non traditional background or has something really special going on.....
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Sep 2014
Posts: 55
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Re: Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2016, 21:02
Spent a semester at Desautels as an undergrad exchange student. Good luck everyone. McGill and Montreal are such a charm.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 28 May 2015
Posts: 76
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2016, 22:29
spears115 wrote:
I think McGill's bar to admit Indian students is a GMAT of over 730 unless he or she is from a non traditional background or has something really special going on.....


Ah this is disheartening. Though I am from non-traditional background.
Hope for the best.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2015
Posts: 11
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.5
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2016, 01:13
Hello dears,

I will have an interview this week! Crossing fingers and preparing myself for this important moment.

Good luck to all
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Sep 2014
Posts: 26
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V36
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Entertainment and Sports)
Re: Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2016, 01:19
kristou

can you share your application timeline?
when you submitted?
when it was picked up for review?
when the interview call came?

Just want to get an idea in the current round.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2015
Posts: 11
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.5
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2016, 05:14
shakib143 wrote:
kristou

can you share your application timeline?
when you submitted?
when it was picked up for review?
when the interview call came?

Just want to get an idea in the current round.



Hi dear,

i applied on 15th Jan but my application was really completed on 22nd Jan
i don't know when exactly it was picked up for review but yesterday morning i sent them an email just to check on where my application was standing.
And they answered me that i will be contacted shortly for interview and that was the case some hours later.

I will let you know the outcome
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2015
Posts: 11
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.5
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2016, 05:18
utsavsharma19 wrote:
I submitted my application on 8th of Dec 2015 and got an interview call for 8th of Jan 2016. It was good and my interviewee was Marie-Eve Roy. Took about 30 to 40 minutes. Had a friendly conversation and clear and crisp answers to all her questions. She said the reply would be in 1 or 2 weeks. My profile is:

Undergrad: From Pune, India with First Class
Work Ex: 2+
GMAT: 670
IELTS: 8.0

Can anyone suggest what are my chances of getting a call letter from them ? And how long does it take to get a reply ?


utsavsharma19 did get any feedback from them?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!   [#permalink] 09 Feb 2016, 05:18

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13    Next  [ 247 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!

  new topic post reply Update application status  





Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne