GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Oct 2019, 13:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
Affiliations: PMI
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE: Operations (Aerospace and Defense)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2015, 09:29
VijayG6387 wrote:
Right, made my decision. Not completing my application to McGill. :/

VijayG6387, if you have decided upon it, may I request you to update the same on your status please? The detailed applicant list would auto update accordingly! Thanks, and good luck with your chosen Schools! :)
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2015, 10:09
Just done with my interview, on Skype, with Ms Antoinette Molino.
A very professional interviewer who put me at ease in the first 30 seconds (my first interview for B Schools)!
the questions were really personal about Intro, Why MBA, Why McGill and so on, with an opportunity for questions at the end. Was not hurried and had a chance to clarify all queries that I had. Notwithstanding the decision, the interview process was really enjoyable - felt like I was speaking to somebody I knew pretty well!
Good luck to those lined up next! :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2015, 12:45
VijayG6387 wrote:

Got into somewhere else? Good luck with other choices!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2015, 09:07
Just submitted my application, hopefully will get a decision by mid December or at least before year end. Cheers everyone.
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2015, 18:58
stevkang8 wrote:
Just submitted my application, hopefully will get a decision by mid December or at least before year end. Cheers everyone.

McGill seems pretty quick about processing apps. I would say you should hear from them by end of December, as they are now processing those submitted by the R1 deadline of 1 Nov.
Good luck :)
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2015, 07:00
http://www.bloomberg.com/features/2015- ... s-schools/
A good resource for candidates, the latest Bloomberg rankings of non US MBAs.
Mcgill ranked 16, the highest amongst 2 year MBAs in Canada, placed 13th for placements.
The weightage is 35%, 30%, 15%, 10% & 10%, for Employer feedback, Alumni response 5 -6 years after MBA, 2015 students, job placements & starting salary respectively.
Please don't forget to read the very last paragraph though, before going solely by the rankings! ! :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2015, 09:42
shyamnambiar wrote:
stevkang8 wrote:

McGill seems pretty quick about processing apps. I would say you should hear from them by end of December, as they are now processing those submitted by the R1 deadline of 1 Nov.

Ehh hopefully in mid December so I will be able to compare my offers...if I do get some lol
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2015, 09:43
stevkang8 wrote:
shyamnambiar wrote:
stevkang8 wrote:

Ehh hopefully in mid December so I will be able to compare my offers...if I do get some lol

Oh you will have enough, and enough of time too! Every school gives between 4-6 weeks to make the first payment!!!! :)
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2015, 14:11
KunalV21 wrote:
KunalV21 wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:
Eventhough I began the application ages ago, I'm still working on it. I cannot believe I am so horribly slow!. :) Got to be R2.

I too am working on my essays and plan to submit it around late November.

It'll be great if any current student can let us know about the Pharmaceutical and Healthcare opportunities in and around Montreal and Toronto. If any person doesn't know french, will this be a barrier in getting a job in Montreal after school?

Thanks,
Kunal

Hi,

Can any current student give inputs to this question? That'll be highly helpful.

Thanks,
Kunal

hey!

Current student here. Please connect with Bryan st. james, Nirros Ponnudurai or Yatin Singhal (all McGill MBA's) to learn more. Find them on LinkedIn and stalk them (jk)

Cheers!
Jonty
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2015, 14:14
sghosal99 wrote:
Hey can anyone throw some light about the conversion rates of McGills post interview. Actually I had my interview on 2nd November still no reply from the adcom.

Hey!

Current student here.

Don't worry about conversion rates. You will get a response as soon as the adcom has fully processed your app. The adcom sometimes have a surge of work and delays tend to take place. Please be patient.

Best,
Jonty
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2015, 17:05
Pretty quiet in here for a while! :)
Anybody else interviewed or got a date for it?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2015, 23:12
stevkang8 wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:

Not really mate. Hoping to get into Sauder of Schulich. I am not able to see myself being a part of McGill, somehow doesn't fit. So going by my feeling, I've dropped it.
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2015, 10:05
VijayG6387 wrote:
stevkang8 wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:

Not really mate. Hoping to get into Sauder of Schulich. I am not able to see myself being a part of McGill, somehow doesn't fit. So going by my feeling, I've dropped it.

Would you be willing to elaborate on that part - "not able to see myself being a part of McGill"? Just in case there is something the others have missed out finding out! :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2015, 10:16
shyamnambiar wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:
stevkang8 wrote:

Would you be willing to elaborate on that part - "not able to see myself being a part of McGill"? Just in case there is something the others have missed out finding out! :)

I didn't research Desautels all that much, so I'm sure there is nothing that I've found which others might have missed. :) My decision is purely based on the fact that I couldn't quite connect with Desautels as I could with Sauder. When I started looking into Sauder, I felt that I could be there, didn't feel the same when I started with McGill.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V35
WE: Pharmaceuticals (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2015, 11:31
RhodesJonty wrote:
KunalV21 wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:
Eventhough I began the application ages ago, I'm still working on it. I cannot believe I am so horribly slow!. :) Got to be R2.

I too am working on my essays and plan to submit it around late November.

It'll be great if any current student can let us know about the Pharmaceutical and Healthcare opportunities in and around Montreal and Toronto. If any person doesn't know french, will this be a barrier in getting a job in Montreal after school?

Thanks,
Kunal

hey!

Current student here. Please connect with Bryan st. james, Nirros Ponnudurai or Yatin Singhal (all McGill MBA's) to learn more. Find them on LinkedIn and stalk them (jk)

Cheers!
Jonty

Thanks for your inputs, Jonty. They're on my radar now :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2015, 15:01
VijayG6387 wrote:
stevkang8 wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:

I hope you get into both of them mate. Toronto and Vancouver are both great cities. I live in Toronto and had the opportunity to spend 4 months in Vancouver for an internship term, you will find both to be friendly and rewarding.

One piece of thought I'd share, Toronto has way more career opportunities, and I think for an MBA (or any degree nowadays), it matters a lot. Good luck in your journey.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V35
WE: Pharmaceuticals (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2015, 21:43
Finally, my second recommendation has been submitted and my application is now complete :) Two questions:

1) Once the checklist is complete, is there any further step in the process that I need to do? The general process is to fill the basic details and enter the two recommenders --> Submit app and pay fees --> Complete checklist --> anything else?
2) How much time does McGill take to process the app to invite an applicant for an interview?
Intern
Intern
Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 23 Nov 2015, 07:31
Desautel vs. Rotman.

What are the stats between these schools?

Originally posted by dazzledazzle on 22 Nov 2015, 21:58.
Last edited by dazzledazzle on 23 Nov 2015, 07:31, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Reviews Badge
Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2015, 07:06
KunalV21 wrote:
Finally, my second recommendation has been submitted and my application is now complete :) Two questions:

1) Once the checklist is complete, is there any further step in the process that I need to do? The general process is to fill the basic details and enter the two recommenders --> Submit app and pay fees --> Complete checklist --> anything else?
2) How much time does McGill take to process the app to invite an applicant for an interview?

Not really, you just wait. They are very quick, probably takes them a week before calling you for interview and then maybe another week and a half to two weeks before they tell you their decisions.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2015, 07:12
dazzledazzle wrote:
Desautel vs. Rotman.

Hello everyone! just a quick question.
I have been to both campuses for campus tours.. and I gotta say Rotman.. wow.. it really looks like they spent billions of dollars on their building.
Bue McGill...? really? that one ugly building is the MBA building?

Really confused to where the tuition money goes to..

MBA is the biggest cash cows for any single school on the planet. I wouldn't care too much about where the money goes to....gotta go somewhere, and knowing McGill gives a dis-proportionally high level of scholarships, I think it is better than having a fancy building but 10k less in scholarships.

The end goal of an MBA is to get you a great job and ensure good career growth, and I think both schools do a phenomenal job in that when it comes to Canadian business school. I wouldn't think too much about a crappy building lol

One thing to note, 3 months employment rates, McGill is at 89%, and UofT is at 83%, with roughly the same median salaries. To me I would bear with a bad building for that additional 6% boost in confidence.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!   [#permalink] 23 Nov 2015, 07:12

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13    Next  [ 247 posts ] 

Calling all Desautels(McGill) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!

new topic post reply Update application status