Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:06 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V29
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.02
WE:Design (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: ISB '17 (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
I had my interview today. It was actually pretty stressful, contrary to the popular belief. I was asked to analyze two cases which nearly took 20 minutes. Then one more question related to group assignments, how to resolve conflict and what kind of task can be assigned to different team members based on their background. There were hardly any questions like what value would you add. How would you contribute at ISB and so on. The interviewers were stone faced. No smile. None of them even asserted whether I was right or wrong. So guys be ready for the worst. Maybe it all depends on the interview panel.

The interview lasted for 45 minutes. I lost hope but lets see what would happen.

All the best to all the remaining invitees.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GPA: 3.37
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Ajay1988 wrote:
I had my interview today. It was actually pretty stressful, contrary to the popular belief. I was asked to analyze two cases which nearly took 20 minutes. Then one more question related to group assignments, how to resolve conflict and what kind of task can be assigned to different team members based on their background. There were hardly any questions like what value would you add. How would you contribute at ISB and so on. The interviewers were stone faced. No smile. None of them even asserted whether I was right or wrong. So guys be ready for the worst. Maybe it all depends on the interview panel.

The interview lasted for 45 minutes. I lost hope but lets see what would happen.

All the best to all the remaining invitees.

Which panel bro, also what were the cases you got ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Done with Interview at Hyderabad. Interview was average, not bad nor too good.
No generic questions, only profile based questions. It lasted for 20 minute.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
It's time for me to give my two cent's back to the community. I just finished with my interview today.

I was taken to the room by senior alum Ashish from 2005 batch. As soon as i entered the room i was greeted by adcom member. We exchanged greetings and i was asked to take my seat.

1) Intial question was that i have over 7 years experience with the company. Can i comment more on that.

The way question was framed i stumbled for first line and then picked on from there and completed the answer. midway through the answer halted by adcom. He asked sorry for the interruption.

2) Then i was asked why product management.

3) What kind of companies for product management.

4) Why cannot you become a product manager now.

They didnt look very convinced initially . Though i kept blabbering on my convictions and found a blank face.

5) what are your three biggest strengths which help you at work

6) what is your biggest failure at work.

I intially said on a feedback at work and then i was asked to listen to the question properly. I blabbered on one of my failure at work.. they didn't look much convinced.. or rather i found a blank face.

7) You have mentioned you want to be entreprenuer. can you mention why.

five minutes speech on my idea.

adcom - you have done a good homework, have you talked to investors. no because of certain reasons.

adcom - fair enough

adcom -any questions for us?

1) question open ended - got good answer.

2) question - adcom i am not aware of it . write mail to the club.

I was left with a feeling "why didn't i get a better question to ask"

Me - that's it. Thank you and greetings exchanged.

Take away - The whole interview lasted for only fifteen minutes. I found blank faces most of the time. Have no idea on my chances.

Thank you Krishna for all the support for my interview preparation.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Send PM
Done with interview too today in Hyderabad. I had the same feeling as what others said - pokers faces, just don't know how the interview went. Came out of it feeling bleh. Don't know what to make of it.

Good luck to others.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has any1 received fresh invites for Hyd location in last two days?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GPA: 3.02
WE:Design (Telecommunications)
Send PM
jojojoseph..... congrats for the interview invite and interview man.

I just wanted to know when you submitted the application and got the interview invite ...just to figure out if I can still hope for a interview call from ISB. And if you don't mind can you also share what other schools you applied.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
pankajvashist wrote:
jojojoseph..... congrats for the interview invite and interview man.

I just wanted to know when you submitted the application and got the interview invite ...just to figure out if I can still hope for a interview call from ISB. And if you don't mind can you also share what other schools you applied.

Bro write to PGPAdmissions@isb.edu to know the exact status of your app. mention your application ref no.

I have applied on 14th jan and got invite on 9th feb. I have not applied to any schools other than ISB currently.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Guys..
I heard they have this thing called one word essay.. As in... They give u one word and you have to form an essay around it... Anymore of such tricky surprises in store?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3793 [0]
Given Kudos: 412
GMAT 1: 530 Q47 V17
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36
WE:Business Development (Consulting)
Send PM
nandinibasu27 wrote:
Guys..
I heard they have this thing called one word essay.. As in... They give u one word and you have to form an essay around it... Anymore of such tricky surprises in store?

if you are interviewed Face to face you get a one word essay. It is just to check whether are you the person who write your essays.
ISB School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
Send PM
nandinibasu27 wrote:
Guys..

It is not much of a surprise (regular affair at ISB interviews). And need not spend any time preparing for this part of the interview. Pretty straight forward thing - write whatever comes to mind, can google it out as well to some extent.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 102
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V28
Send PM
Kudos
I posted my debrief in some other forum as well but because GMATCLUB is the forum that helped me come this far... I owe my debrief and success(in case I get selected) to it...so here it goes(a little modified version of the debrief after I could recollect some more questions) :)

Interview location- Hyderabad, slot - 21st Feb, 2.45PM. Panel - 5, 3people not sure if they are alums, they didn't tell, I didn't ask. Don't remember their names, let's say P1,P2,P3.
P1- Are you from Hyderabad?
Are you the only child?
What is the employee strength of your company? (also asked approx. count working from each of the two offices in India)
How many countries does your company operate from?
What are thsoe countries?(Told the major 4...I said I can't recollect the others)
Tell me the top 2 most important achievements of your Toastmasters club during your term as VPPR

P2- Everybody says this Toastmasters is so fancy but tell me what are its negatives, critically evaluate the program

P1- Tell me about what you wrote in your first essay, you told that it is your biggest achievement. Told him. Asked for more and more explanation.
P3- (Picked from what I said only) Asked me something business terminology related, I know the answers but I couldn't recollect, which I know is very bad.
P1- Little more grilling about essay-1
P3 asked me something in the middle while I was explaining but I am not sure if I got carried away or whether P1 cut me with another question making me get carried away.

P3- Again coming back to your Toastmasters thing..... ( I got so carried away answering this question that I don't remember what his question exactly was but I hope he asked about my learnings in Toastmasters?) Told him an incident and challenge I faced and what I learnt from it.

All- Any questions for us? - No thanks.
P3 was so good at catching people off gaurd :)

No other regular questions at all. Interviews have an advantage of surprise element. They take us by surprise no matter how much we prepare. So, as long as you are aware of what's written in the application, it's better to stay calm and pray that you will be surprised in a pleasant way.

My feeling just after exiting the room was a positive one but as I retrospect I don't have a clue about what they decided about me. I am only scared whether I got carried away too much while answering(a severe problem I knew I had even before going to the interview room). However I performed or whatever the result might be, I will remain proud that I have been extremely confident and didn't feel nervous at all even after going through a lot of turmoil till yesterday.

I feel compelled to appreciate the interview panel for making the entire experience so stress free and beautiful. A clichéd but important suggestion to people who are yet to attend their interviews is, just stay relaxed and try not to get bogged down. It is going to be a stress free and nice experience. All the best!
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: PMI
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [1]
Given Kudos: 103
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GPA: 3.9
WE:Operations (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
Looking forward to welcoming most of you in the R2 bandwagon onto the already rocking and crazy https://gmatclub.com/chat and https://gmatclub.com/chat groups..... Good luck and happy waiting....
It is going to be madness after the decisions, with hardly any time for the balance activities... deposit, loans, travel plans and what not.. apart from the group "discussions" on the social media!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q43 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE:Marketing (Manufacturing)
Send PM
So had my interview on the 21st, very different from b school interviews from abroad.

The panelists have already read your apps, so i got a bit of grilling on my essays. It was as if they didn't believe that A) that these things actually happened and B) that i actually did them

the conversation then generally went towards the business and industry in general before they asked some hypothetical questions such as
1)what are the top 5 things i'd do if i were ceo of my current org 2) What would i do i in my immediate role post ISB (have to say i fumbled a bit on this before coming up with a slightly underwhelming answer)

Through out the interview i kept providing examples and instances (sometimes they would prompt for an example, other times id volunteer the information) , usually met with blank faces and the occasional laugh.

Overall i don't think i could judge how the interview went or read their reactions. Hopefully its all good. The wait to know is annoying
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello

I got an email for Application Verification Completion on Feb 11th but have not yet heard back on the interview status yet.
I opted for Delhi location for my interview but I believe there are none happening in Delhi right now. :?

Are they still interviewing candidates? If yes, by when I can expect any response.

Any help is appreciated. :|
ISB School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
Send PM
gargp wrote:
Hello

I got an email for Application Verification Completion on Feb 11th but have not yet heard back on the interview status yet.
I opted for Delhi location for my interview but I believe there are none happening in Delhi right now. :?

Are they still interviewing candidates? If yes, by when I can expect any response.

Hey, seeing from this thread as well as some other threads, interviews are still going on. Though these are the last few days for interviews as results are expected on March 5th for R2. Don't lose hope yet.

Wish you luck.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Real Estate, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V37
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V38
Send PM
Kudos
gargp wrote:
Hello

Same boat. Lost hope. :?
Towards fresh endeavors. :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59  ...  63   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts