Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 02:25 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 02:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q43 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE:Marketing (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Schools: ISB '17 (D)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 2.96
WE:Project Management (Consulting)
Send PM
ISB School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Schools: ISB '17 (D)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 2.96
WE:Project Management (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
kunalarora23 wrote:
srivashist wrote:
Can someone in the know confirm if the invites are sent all at once or in batches?

Or if one is not shortlisted, is the same updated in the website? I am super tense as I see many people have received invites for the mumbai round.

Thanks!

Hey invites are send in batches not in one go. So, you just need to be patient enough to wait this out.

Just relax and keep preparing. Best of luck!

Thanks for the quick reply! I spoke to Vijay from CrackVerbal, and he said something very similar.

Past experience suggests that they roll it out over 3 to 5 days from the day the first shortlist goes out for a particular interview city.

So for those in the same boat as me - hang in there, and dont stop the prep! :)

Cheers!
ISB School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Send PM
Dhananjai1990 wrote:
hey i got the below update in my portal, but havent received the mail, what do you think i should do.

Interview Status:
Shortlisted

To accept the invitation to the interview please click on the acceptance link provided in the email sent to you with the interview details.

Interview Date: 21-Feb-2016
Time: 15:30
Panel No: 3
Venue: Admissons Office, ISB Campus, Gachibowli, Hyderabad 500032, Tel No: 040 - 2318 7474/7484

Check spam folder. Check alternate email id. Lastly call ISB and ask them to send the mail again.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 101
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 2.4
WE:Marketing (Health Care)
Send PM
Hi Revenge2014,

I come from healthcare industry. Worked in both pharmaceutical and advertising industry.
I have nearly 7.5 years of experience. GMAT score of 680.

Just wait till the weekend. Good Luck.

Regards
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 101
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 2.4
WE:Marketing (Health Care)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi srivashist,

I submitted my application on 17th Dec 2015. So there are high chances that my invitation for the interview came early.

So be patient. You will get it.

Regards
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 133
Concentration: Finance, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
My interview location had been shifted from Delhi to Mohali.
Got an update today. Interview is on 28th at Mohali Campus.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q43 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE:Marketing (Manufacturing)
Send PM
kunalarora23 wrote:
Dhananjai1990 wrote:
hey i got the below update in my portal, but havent received the mail, what do you think i should do.

Interview Status:
Shortlisted

To accept the invitation to the interview please click on the acceptance link provided in the email sent to you with the interview details.

Interview Date: 21-Feb-2016
Time: 15:30
Panel No: 3
Venue: Admissons Office, ISB Campus, Gachibowli, Hyderabad 500032, Tel No: 040 - 2318 7474/7484

Check spam folder. Check alternate email id. Lastly call ISB and ask them to send the mail again.

called them and they resent the mail! would've missed it if i hadnt checked the portal, would advice others to do so if they havent already
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
WE:Other (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Got an interview call for Mumbai as well. Similar time & venue as others.

For those who are interested: CA with 5.5 yrs WE in Banking. CFA L2 Cleared as well. Geez, too many CAs with CFAs huh?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.88
Send PM
Looks like they started with CAs and Healthcare guys!
ISB School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Send PM
RW911 wrote:

For those who are interested: CA with 5.5 yrs WE in Banking. CFA L2 Cleared as well. Geez, too many CAs with CFAs huh?

Yups. That is the feedback i received from one of the students at ISB. This year, for some reason, too many candidates from financial services background have applied leading to increased competition for finance background people.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
RW911 wrote:

CA + CFA seems to have been the norm in Mumbai these days (Atleast, lots of guys I know).. Won't be able to comment about the same about other cities. That being said, this combination didn't seem to come up in the previous posts at other locations..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
RickRoy wrote:
RW911 wrote:

CA + CFA seems to have been the norm in Mumbai these days (Atleast, lots of guys I know).. Won't be able to comment about the same about other cities. That being said, this combination didn't seem to come up in the previous posts at other locations..

Yeah that's true. A lot of my friends have been pursuing CA & CFA so it does seem to be the trend. That effect seems to be brushing off in the applications from Mumbai this year!
any fresh invites today ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 354 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Are all the invites for mumbai over? Heard on other forums that Mumbai interview invites are over !!
Anyone got invite today who selected Mumbai as location?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kconfused wrote:
Interview debrief: Feb 13, 2016

The interview was scheduled for the afternoon. I reached with about an hour to spare and that's plenty!
My panel was running behind the schedule, thanks to some board meeting they had to attend. But this gave me a chance to interact with a bunch of other candidates (well spoken people!)
I was jittery when I arrived but we all quickly got immersed in a chat and by the time they called me in for the interview, I was feeling very at ease.
Given that the interviews are almost unpredictable, one piece of advice that would always work is to interact with the other candidates. Nothing settles you down as well as this does. And who doesn’t want to make new friends?

The interview started with a light moment, thankfully, and from there it was all business. It was a two member panel, the nicest people I have met in a while. They were very well spoken and paid great attention to everything I had to say, even when it was prolonged.

1. (As expected) Take us through your profile: I was preparing to deliver my 30 second pitch, but it somehow turned into a longer response (close to 5 minutes)
Guys so keep a longer introduction ready, just in case!
2. A long discussion ensued here about some of my career decisions. They wanted to know the reasoning behind choices I have made. They seemed to nod in agreement even when I wasn’t completely convinced with my responses (not complaining!)
3. My current work is in Business Intelligence and I am relatively new to this field, and they wanted to know if this was a deliberate shift, at this point in my career ( I have around 6 years of IT and social experience)
4. The exact nature of my current work (very exact here)
5. Post MBA career goals: This area took up the most part of the discussion. We have debated many possibilities with regard to my goals (the industry, function etc.)
It pays to have a clear understanding of what you want to do post your MBA.
There’s no escaping this discussion! No Sir!!
6. Dream Company: Be prepared to answer why that company and what your role is going to be.
7. What if your plans don’t work out: I just responded saying that I have great confidence that I could find employment in the sector I am focusing on (and some stuff about how the PGP will help me in assuring that)
8. Why not join the startup movement which gives you the necessary client exposure, knowledge and experience
9. What would you do if your focus area tanks in the future (Deep learning etc. obviating the need for analytics): I don’t quite remember what happened to this question
10. What if not an MBA
11. Why not opt for a Masters degree in Statistics or some Analytics related subject
12. ISB loves diversity in its class and how would you contribute or add value and diversity to this year’s class?
13. They asked about one of my initiatives at work and what was my part in it.
14. I spoke about my longer term goals (10 -15 years) and said that they are still a little crazy (meaning still vague) and I used that to justify why I wouldn’t opt for a masters in stats etc. and why I need a holistic view of business management.
15. If we were to give you 5 Crore rupees and ask you do as you wish, what would you do? I said I am more patient now and I would wait until I gain the needed experience in my domain before rushing into spend my capital. (I felt wussy, but they nodded somehow)
16. Oh the one word essay was on ‘Fallacy’. (I taught GMAT verbal for some time, so this was an easy one for me)

The interview lasted for about 40 minutes (+ or – 5)

For the most part, I was totally honest with my experiences, my feelings, my fears and my ambitions. I don’t know if it was the wisest thing to do. Guess I will find out! 

Hope!

Totally identify with the last line you said... Guess we will find out soon!! Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 4
Send PM
Are all bangalore invites done? :(
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Anyone going to/interviewing at Mohali on 23/24th?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
I had a question pertaining to the guesstimate that may be asked in the interview - generally how much detail is a candidate expected to delve into while arriving at the final estimate (say, 3-5 mins or more than 10 mins)? or is it that the duration is completely dependent on the type of estimate the candidate is asked?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  52   53   54   55   56   57   58  ...  63   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts