It is currently 13 Dec 2017, 05:24

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Ross R1 | Kellogg R1 | Darden R1 | Tepper R1


Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2016
Posts: 20

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.15
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2016, 17:44
saranyan1991 wrote:
Hi guys,

I just wanted to know whether any applicants from Chennai have got interview calls?

Btw I called the admissions office today and they mentioned that they are expecting to send out interview invites till 26th November!



I am an applicant from Chennai and yet to receive a call.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Mar 2015
Posts: 27

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2016, 19:29
Is there anyone who opted for Skype interview still waiting for an invite?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Sep 2015
Posts: 91

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2016, 02:09
Just got an interview invite. I'm from Bangalore.

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Sep 2015
Posts: 91

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2016, 02:10
Just got an interview invite. I'm from Bangalore.

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Jan 2014
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2016, 02:20
got the invite - bangalore

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 Oct 2015
Posts: 57

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GPA: 3.6
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2016, 05:07
sidtheheartbreakkid wrote:
ManUtd20 wrote:
sidtheheartbreakkid wrote:
Hey ManUtd20, did you get in? Want to evaluate my chances as my profile is quite similar to yours, just with a much lower GMAT :lol:


I got in. I was quite sure my interview went absolutely horrible. I guess that happens with quite a few people.

Got a waiver too :-D



Wohhh..You're the first one i have heard from about a waiver.

Gives me hope to apply now :P


Thanks bro.

Good luck with your application!

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Mar 2015
Posts: 21

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2016, 10:35
are the calls for bangalore over? or we can expect few more next week? Anyone any idea...

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Jan 2016
Posts: 57

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: HEC April'18 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.8
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2016, 22:00
robinsharma wrote:
are the calls for bangalore over? or we can expect few more next week? Anyone any idea...

You can expect invite till Tuesday.

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
P
Status: Back to work...
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 4831

Kudos [?]: 3848 [0], given: 2462

Location: India
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2016, 22:50
3 invites in last 2 days. Hope to see more invites coming in next week. Good luck to all!

Attachment:
ISB_Invites.png
ISB_Invites.png [ 69.66 KiB | Viewed 2027 times ]

_________________

100+ Interview Debriefs from GMAT Club members

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Kudos [?]: 3848 [0], given: 2462

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
P
Status: Back to work...
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 4831

Kudos [?]: 3848 [0], given: 2462

Location: India
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2016, 23:00

Blast from the Past: Interview debriefs of previous ISB applicants



jkaustubh wrote:
ISB Interview Debrief – Kaustubh Joshi

Place : ITC Sheraton, Saket, New Delhi
Date : 12-Jan-2013
Time : 4:30 PM

I reached the venue an hour early, on reaching the floor, I was asked to sign on an attendance page. At first I was perplexed and my hands were shaking while signing, but then I got better of my nerves, hell yes I was nervous. The essay topic that I got was "Drubbing". I moved from my chair which was near the door to a more comfortable sofa. I was just gauging others in the room, and believe me every one was looking at their smart phone screens.

So I also looked up the meaning for the word, and thought about it for a minute. Then I wrote the essay about the drubbing that India got from Australia in 2001, and the learning about how a resurgent India won the next match and then the series. Essay done, now the wait for the real thing started. There was a few interactions between the candidates sitting there in the waiting room.

When my name was called, one of the panel members was standing outside and escorted me to the room. Panel number 2, was my panel, there were two guys (both alums I guess). The guy who received me made me comfortable, while I was just taking my seat, the other one asked me about one of the instances that I had mentioned in my essays (the first one), as to why I was reluctant at first to go for the UATs at the beginning. I told him all the difficulties I had faced in the project, and I knew beforehand about all these difficulties. Then more question followed about the project, the technicalities and what was the whole project about. I guess I handled this pretty well.

The second person then asked me about why MBA, as he was not able to gauge the same from my application material. He also told me to switch companies. In response to that I told him, it is because I want to change my job profile that I want to do an MBA. He told me to switch to Alstom, and asked me whether I know the company. I told him that Alstom is one of my vendors (I forgot to mention that Alstom has one of the worst ratings as per L&T's procurement department, with poor past records).

Now again the one who asked me about the UATs, wanted to know about the management trainee scheme, which I had mentioned in my essay. The details, which I told them in detail, what all difficulties I faced and the stages that I liked the most. I gave the answer and it was ok. Now came the guesstimate, to which I was able to arrive at a figure, with help from the panel member, he gave me hints all the way till I was able to arrive at a certain figure.

Apart from this, they asked me where I am from, I told them from Dehradun, to which, the other guy said "lo kar lo baat". After that, he started taking to me in Hindi (I think he noticed my weakness of speaking hindi words in between a lot). So from then the whole interview was in Hindi and English.

In the end, they told me if I had any questions, to which I asked "if selected, what kind of preparation I will have to do before joining ISB (pretty lame question in my opinion)", to which both of them gave their opinions.

The interview lasted for around 25-30 minutes, with the whole process taking about one hour. That was it, nothing fancy, the panel made me comfortable throughout but still was probing. I guess the situation is very dicey, with very bleak chances of converting the call. My fingers are crossed, let’s hope for the best.



_________________

100+ Interview Debriefs from GMAT Club members

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Kudos [?]: 3848 [0], given: 2462

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
P
Status: Back to work...
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 4831

Kudos [?]: 3848 [0], given: 2462

Location: India
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2016, 23:01

Blast from the Past: Interview debriefs of previous ISB applicants



gmatbugsme84 wrote:
Just had my interview at Mohali. Here's how it went.

I showed up more than an hour early and was greeted by the coordinator in the CCD on campus. After signing in, I was told to wait a half hour. There were very few people for the interview today. I think only about 17 people were scheduled to be interviewed in the whole day. Anyway, I whiled away time by attending some official calls.

Half an hour before the interview timing, I was given my word for the essay. "Drubbing". I know that the word has been reported earlier as well (And interestingly enough, 2 more people got the same word today... at least that I know of... I glanced at their sheets :wink: ... but no cheating... they started after I had finished my essay). I wrote about 130 words on the topic even though I tried to keep it short. But seemed that the words wouldn't stop from flowing out of my pen :lol:

The atmosphere was overall very relaxed. I chatted with 3 other applicants in the warm sun in the sitting area outside the CCD while awaiting my turn. I even spoke a bit with some of the current students.

I had panel no 1. They called me in 10 minutes later than the scheduled time. There were 2 interviewers. Both seemed to be Adcom members (though one might have been a senior alum). The room was a small meeting room with a table for 8 people and they were both seated on the far side of the table opposite eachother. They asked me to sit at the head of the table. I agreed cracking a small joke about it being OK as long as I didn't have to foot any bills. I think that one of them might have smiled a little at this wisecrack.

Then we started off with walking through my resume. Where I am presently working, where I stay etc. A little joke a Delhi traffic commutes. Then asked me "Why MBA?". Then the follow up question "Why ISB?" Then they tried rattling me by asking me what would happen if I didn't get into the role I was looking for post MBA (I am looking for a role change). Both interviewers asked me this on separate occasions. Then they again asked me to give 3 reasons why I wanted to come to ISB (I gave 3 reasons, which I think are pretty good, but stupidly forgot to mention that its a 1-yr program - this is actually a very important reason for me). Then asked me why MBA after 5 years of experience and why not earlier (I mentioned that I am a reapplicant and that they were the ones who had very nicely handed out rejections the previous 2 times, both times without interviews :eh: ). Then they asked me about other schools that I have applied to. Followed up by other schools that I applied to in the past and the result. Interesting follow up question was about why I did not attend the school (SPJ exec prog) I was admitted to previously (I had a good reason - I would not be able to make the role change that I was looking for, as recruiters at SPJ didn't recruit for the roles that was looking for).

No questions on guesstimate, puzzle, case etc.

Concluded by asking me if I had any questions for them. I asked them 3. Global consulting practicum, a question about opportunities for spouses at ISB and about the CLIC (center for leadership, innovation and change).

Then I thanked them for their time and after shaking hands, left the room. Grabbed quick sandwich from CCD :) (hey, no lunch today cause of the timings)

I thought that the interview was very short, lasting only about 20 minutes. Initially I though that they had decided to ding me, but then I found out that they were interviewing everyone for about the same time. The whole environment was quite stress free (at least I felt that as I had prepared for almost every question that they asked me).

I can't say if it went well or not. Though I am not happy that they gave me only 20 minutes. But, I guess I'll find out in 10 days time.

Though I think that almost all interviews might be over for us GMATclubbers for this year, I am still posting this in the odd chance that it might help someone. All the best in case someone is still interviewing. :gl



_________________

100+ Interview Debriefs from GMAT Club members

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Kudos [?]: 3848 [0], given: 2462

Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 05 May 2016
Posts: 72

Kudos [?]: 108 [0], given: 5

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '19 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.75
WE: Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2016, 23:47
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Interview done today @ 10.25 & Panel 9, Delhi. Very friendly interview. They had gone through my app, and we discussed what I had written in detail. General questions: tell me something about yourself? Why MBA? Why ISB? What if you cannot get in? Work experience in-depth discussion. Experience as a stay-at-home dad? Any questions for us? The panel comprised of 3 people: 2 ISB pass outs and one ad-com member. Approximately 30 mins. Tough for me to speculate on my chances since the panel did not give anything away.

Yes, one more thing, I wrote my one-word essay after the interview!! I had reached on time, but my 10.55 am(as described in the email) interview which their attendance sheet was showing being scheduled at 11.25 got preponed on the spot to 10.25
I was glad to not having to wait and was happy to give the interview ASAP, so did not complain!!

Last edited by rahulprasad11 on 19 Nov 2016, 11:31, edited 3 times in total.

Kudos [?]: 108 [0], given: 5

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
P
Status: Back to work...
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 4831

Kudos [?]: 3848 [0], given: 2462

Location: India
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2016, 23:49
rahulprasad11 wrote:
Interview done today @ 10.25 & Panel 9, Delhi. Very friendly interview. They had gone through my app, and we discussed what I had written in detail. General questions: tell me something about yourself? Why MBA? Why ISB? What if you cannot get in? Work experience discussion. Experience as a stay-at-home dad? Any questions for us? The panel comprised of 3 people: 2 ISB pass outs and one ad-com member. Approximately 30 mins. Tough for me to speculate on my chances since the panel did not give anything away.


Thanks for sharing your interview experience and good luck for the final decision.
_________________

100+ Interview Debriefs from GMAT Club members

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Kudos [?]: 3848 [0], given: 2462

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Mar 2015
Posts: 23

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 6

Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2016, 13:11
rahulprasad11 wrote:
Interview done today @ 10.25 & Panel 9, Delhi. Very friendly interview. They had gone through my app, and we discussed what I had written in detail. General questions: tell me something about yourself? Why MBA? Why ISB? What if you cannot get in? Work experience in-depth discussion. Experience as a stay-at-home dad? Any questions for us? The panel comprised of 3 people: 2 ISB pass outs and one ad-com member. Approximately 30 mins. Tough for me to speculate on my chances since the panel did not give anything away.

Yes, one more thing, I wrote my one-word essay after the interview!! I had reached on time, but my 10.55 am(as described in the email) interview which their attendance sheet was showing being scheduled at 11.25 got preponed on the spot to 10.25
I was glad to not having to wait and was happy to give the interview ASAP, so did not complain!!


Wish you all the best Rahul.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 6

Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 05 May 2016
Posts: 72

Kudos [?]: 108 [0], given: 5

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '19 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.75
WE: Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2016, 02:53
chimish wrote:
rahulprasad11 wrote:
Interview done today @ 10.25 & Panel 9, Delhi. Very friendly interview. They had gone through my app, and we discussed what I had written in detail. General questions: tell me something about yourself? Why MBA? Why ISB? What if you cannot get in? Work experience in-depth discussion. Experience as a stay-at-home dad? Any questions for us? The panel comprised of 3 people: 2 ISB pass outs and one ad-com member. Approximately 30 mins. Tough for me to speculate on my chances since the panel did not give anything away.

Yes, one more thing, I wrote my one-word essay after the interview!! I had reached on time, but my 10.55 am(as described in the email) interview which their attendance sheet was showing being scheduled at 11.25 got preponed on the spot to 10.25
I was glad to not having to wait and was happy to give the interview ASAP, so did not complain!!


Wish you all the best Rahul.


Thanks and wish you all the best too!!
But having had a day's time to think about yesterday's interview, and with the initial euphoria of friendly interview getting over, I would peg my chances of getting through at 25%. That too because I did not stutter during the interview, was able to speak my mind, was able to prove my technical abilities and was not intruded upon too frequently.

Upon further analysis, I now have noted that my interview's conclusion could have been much better, I get the feeling that the interview ended in a rush and that I should have controlled the pace further. Also, the way in which one of the panelists said that he had nothing more to ask me and the kind the expression he had on his face, makes me think that he was not impressed by me.
In this age of admission consultants and crisp answers, my genuineness and straight talk might come back to haunt me. I think the two alumni were both not convinced by my "what if not ISB answer."
Maybe it is my mind playing tricks on me, but my gut says not in. Such assertion is based on the quality of the playing field I was competing against and the small margin of errors that is allowed in such interviews.

Of course, I will glad to be proved wrong on 05-12-2016 !! :)

Kudos [?]: 108 [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 May 2015
Posts: 44

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2016, 19:26
rahulprasad11 wrote:
chimish wrote:
rahulprasad11 wrote:
Interview done today @ 10.25 & Panel 9, Delhi. Very friendly interview. They had gone through my app, and we discussed what I had written in detail. General questions: tell me something about yourself? Why MBA? Why ISB? What if you cannot get in? Work experience in-depth discussion. Experience as a stay-at-home dad? Any questions for us? The panel comprised of 3 people: 2 ISB pass outs and one ad-com member. Approximately 30 mins. Tough for me to speculate on my chances since the panel did not give anything away.

Yes, one more thing, I wrote my one-word essay after the interview!! I had reached on time, but my 10.55 am(as described in the email) interview which their attendance sheet was showing being scheduled at 11.25 got preponed on the spot to 10.25
I was glad to not having to wait and was happy to give the interview ASAP, so did not complain!!


Wish you all the best Rahul.


Thanks and wish you all the best too!!
But having had a day's time to think about yesterday's interview, and with the initial euphoria of friendly interview getting over, I would peg my chances of getting through at 25%. That too because I did not stutter during the interview, was able to speak my mind, was able to prove my technical abilities and was not intruded upon too frequently.

Upon further analysis, I now have noted that my interview's conclusion could have been much better, I get the feeling that the interview ended in a rush and that I should have controlled the pace further. Also, the way in which one of the panelists said that he had nothing more to ask me and the kind the expression he had on his face, makes me think that he was not impressed by me.
In this age of admission consultants and crisp answers, my genuineness and straight talk might come back to haunt me. I think the two alumni were both not convinced by my "what if not ISB answer."
Maybe it is my mind playing tricks on me, but my gut says not in. Such assertion is based on the quality of the playing field I was competing against and the small margin of errors that is allowed in such interviews.

Of course, I will glad to be proved wrong on 05-12-2016 !! :)


Yup! I know what you are feeling now. On the day of the interview, I thought I successfully cracked the interview. But upon introspecting further, the very small details are haunting me. I guess, everyone goes through such phase.
Anyways, what is with the date 05-12-2016? Correct me if I'm wrong, AFAIK, those who haven't received interview invites will get rejection mails on this day.
Fingers crossed! hoping for the best for you and in-turn me.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 05 May 2016
Posts: 72

Kudos [?]: 108 [0], given: 5

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '19 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.75
WE: Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2016, 23:27
drashi17 wrote:

Yup! I know what you are feeling now. On the day of the interview, I thought I successfully cracked the interview. But upon introspecting further, the very small details are haunting me. I guess, everyone goes through such phase.
Anyways, what is with the date 05-12-2016? Correct me if I'm wrong, AFAIK, those who haven't received interview invites will get rejection mails on this day.
Fingers crossed! hoping for the best for you and in-turn me.


Hi,

Thanks and best wishes to you too.

The mail from ISB describing the PGP Admissions Process for Cycle-1 mentioned:

"
Decision 2 - Candidates interviewed between Nov 10 and Nov 30 will receive offer decision (Selected/Rejected/Waitlist) on Dec 05, 2016.
Reject Notification - All candidates who were not interviewed will be notified by e-mail on Dec 05, 2016.
"

05-12-2016 is the result date!!

Best wishes,
Rahul

Kudos [?]: 108 [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 May 2015
Posts: 44

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2016, 04:11
rahulprasad11 wrote:
drashi17 wrote:

Yup! I know what you are feeling now. On the day of the interview, I thought I successfully cracked the interview. But upon introspecting further, the very small details are haunting me. I guess, everyone goes through such phase.
Anyways, what is with the date 05-12-2016? Correct me if I'm wrong, AFAIK, those who haven't received interview invites will get rejection mails on this day.
Fingers crossed! hoping for the best for you and in-turn me.


Hi,

Thanks and best wishes to you too.

The mail from ISB describing the PGP Admissions Process for Cycle-1 mentioned:

"
Decision 2 - Candidates interviewed between Nov 10 and Nov 30 will receive offer decision (Selected/Rejected/Waitlist) on Dec 05, 2016.
Reject Notification - All candidates who were not interviewed will be notified by e-mail on Dec 05, 2016.
"

05-12-2016 is the result date!!

Best wishes,
Rahul



Re-checked the date, and couldn't believe I missed that.
So, can any admitted students throw some light whether all the questions that were thrown by the interviewers answered by you guys?
I know, I know, I'm kinda being desperate.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

ISB Thread Master
avatar
Joined: 20 Jul 2015
Posts: 99

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 11

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Engineering (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2016, 06:24
drashi17 wrote:
rahulprasad11 wrote:
drashi17 wrote:

Yup! I know what you are feeling now. On the day of the interview, I thought I successfully cracked the interview. But upon introspecting further, the very small details are haunting me. I guess, everyone goes through such phase.
Anyways, what is with the date 05-12-2016? Correct me if I'm wrong, AFAIK, those who haven't received interview invites will get rejection mails on this day.
Fingers crossed! hoping for the best for you and in-turn me.


Hi,

Thanks and best wishes to you too.

The mail from ISB describing the PGP Admissions Process for Cycle-1 mentioned:

"
Decision 2 - Candidates interviewed between Nov 10 and Nov 30 will receive offer decision (Selected/Rejected/Waitlist) on Dec 05, 2016.
Reject Notification - All candidates who were not interviewed will be notified by e-mail on Dec 05, 2016.
"

05-12-2016 is the result date!!

Best wishes,
Rahul



Re-checked the date, and couldn't believe I missed that.
So, can any admitted students throw some light whether all the questions that were thrown by the interviewers answered by you guys?
I know, I know, I'm kinda being desperate.


There are no correct and incorrect answers to the question asked during interview. It's rather a process to understand you at a deeper level. There's is also no correlation between the interview length and chances of admission. For example: my interview lasted only for 14 minutes and at the end when I asked the interviewer to suggest some courses that will help me transition into b-school: one of them replied "Forget courses you need to start reading FT." And all this incidents haunted me until I received an admissions offer. So relax and let time do its job.

Best wishes

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 11

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Mar 2015
Posts: 23

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 6

Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge
Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2016, 08:29
Hi everyone,

Even I had the similar post-interview anxiety. But with about two weeks remaining until the final results are out on 5th Dec, there is nothing much we can do. I have therefore refrained from introspecting about what happened and how could I have done better.

All interviewees will admit that making it this far has been an anxious journey too and we all have already rung the bell of the ISB door. Hope we all get in. If not (although I don't want that to happen) life will surprise us with something good.

Any ideas on how many have been interviewed so far?? and what have been the acceptance rate post interview last year?? I find many have not updated their status on the tracker.

See................ anxiety trickling into my mind again!!!!!!

I am logging out :(

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 6

Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018   [#permalink] 21 Nov 2016, 08:29

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22  ...  35    Next  [ 681 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: mihir0710, warriorguy



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.