Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 05:22 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 05:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
WE:Other (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE:Engineering (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
WE:General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
drashi17 wrote:

Even I had a similar experience, but I'm fretting about the interview duration, mine was 20 to 25 minutes. I read somewhere that more the duration more are the chances of happening, how true is this?

Hi drashi17,

I feel otherwise. Most interview experiences posted on the forum are in the range of 20-25 mins. Further, I also feel that a longer interview as you indicate may stretch upto 30-35 mins max. Any interview longer than that may indicate that the panel is struggling to make up their mind about the candidate. And this is purely my opinion and not a judgement. I feel shorter/longer interviews irrespective can still be converted to a final admit. Therefore, the relation between interview length and chances of getting thru may not be linear curve and there will be a number of exceptions to this. So just chill !! You have done your bit. Be patient and you shall be rewarded. All the very best to you.

Cheers!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5
WE:Sales (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
HaddyPainkiller, I got the interview confirmation today morning. 26th/27th Nov on Skype.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
srinidhi91 wrote:
HaddyPainkiller, I got the interview confirmation today morning. 26th/27th Nov on Skype.

Great. Best of luck!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
chimish wrote:
drashi17 wrote:

Even I had a similar experience, but I'm fretting about the interview duration, mine was 20 to 25 minutes. I read somewhere that more the duration more are the chances of happening, how true is this?

Hi drashi17,

I feel otherwise. Most interview experiences posted on the forum are in the range of 20-25 mins. Further, I also feel that a longer interview as you indicate may stretch upto 30-35 mins max. Any interview longer than that may indicate that the panel is struggling to make up their mind about the candidate. And this is purely my opinion and not a judgement. I feel shorter/longer interviews irrespective can still be converted to a final admit. Therefore, the relation between interview length and chances of getting thru may not be linear curve and there will be a number of exceptions to this. So just chill !! You have done your bit. Be patient and you shall be rewarded. All the very best to you.

Cheers!!

Don't try to correlate interview duration with your chances. For my interview lasted only 13:48 minutes and I made it while I am in touch with other applicants who had very lengthy interviews (45 -50mins) and who were also successful. So according me both are independent variables. Best of luck. I hope you make it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi Guys

I would like to share a different experience than majority of people. I probably went in around 11:30 and it lasted for more than half hr for sure (reached down stairs arnd 12:29).

What I can't get my head around is same panel was very friendly with other candidates but I felt mine went quite grilling mostly on job changes..

But towards the end we started talking about how can i achieve my goal at ISB, they were advising me and we started speaking in hindi..

Also I mentioned my plan B if VC entry doesn't happen to me for that I received a response that you should have told this story earlier (this was last 8 min)

Its a relief to see people who were interviewed longer was accepted ... but since my panel comprised of two alumn and generally I have heard such stories from adcom panel.

I am not sure what to make of mine . Can somebody please help :cry:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
makeitlarge wrote:
People, are majority invites for Delhi already rolled out or not? Any opinion?

Bumping up again. People, thoughts?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 240
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Business Development (Insurance)
Send PM
How are guys with finance industry goals post-MBA are looked at in ISB interviews...Do they grill them more or consider them outliers for school's fit ?!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Gave first GMAT attempt(two months serious preparation,scored 490 in first mock) and scored 640(Q49,V27,IR6,AWA6) and was aiming for ISB but it seems like a lost cause this time. Although, have an experience in IT of almost 5.5 years and used to be quite good at debating at school level but lately, haven't been involved in anything of the extra-ordinary sorts.

Plan is to now shift my focus towards developing my verbal skills first for another GMAT attempt for a higher score followed by some serious development in my professional life.

The challenge, although, remains a huge skepticism of which MBA specialization to aim for and I am too uncertain as to where do I see my selves in another 5 years.

I understand it would be near to impossible to get through admissions in any B school if I am not sorted first but I don't know what should I be aiming for.

Any feedback, suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Name: Pranav Sharma
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.02
Send PM
Guys,

anyone got from invites for interviews for Mohali campus? I have not seen any post related to this in the thread.

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys,

I just wanted to know whether any applicants from Chennai have got interview calls?

Btw I called the admissions office today and they mentioned that they are expecting to send out interview invites till 26th November!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: ISB '18 (I)
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Guys,

So I had my interview in Hyd on 13th and here's the debrief :-

The first thing that I was told to do was to sing a song. This was because I had written in my essays that I have been a professional singer. I seemed to impress the interviewers (3 of them) and they clapped and thanked me for making them feel upbeat. Then they asked the following questions :-

1. I see a change in the product that you work on between your current organization and the last. Why did you take this decission?

--> I was prepared for this question.

2. So what do you know about salesforce since you aspire to be a CRM delivery head?

--> I confessed that I have not had a chance to work on this and get to know the product.

3. What is your weakness? And please dont give us any of those strength weakness answers.

--> I mentioned what I believe my weaknesses are. They seemed to like the first weakness I shared and appreciated me for being honest and genuine. Because they were just two, they asked me if I was married and if my wife does not point out anything for me.. We had a good laugh on this one.

4. Tell me something about your experience in the UK?

-->I mentioned my responsibilities and how I helped automate a solution for the client.

5. So, if you automated the solution, you made Infosys lose money with the client. Do you think that was smart?

--> I mentioned to them as to why I think I took the correct decision.

6. Okay so elaborate more on this 'operational excellence' that you have mentioned in your essay.

--> I told them what exactly I wanted to portray. The interviewers seemed to have a strong liking for this part and came back twice asking questions on this term.

7. So, have you had any conflict with your team? And how do you go about resolving them?

--> I told him how tough it is to be a functional manager with no authority to get job done. Shared my experience as to how I get conflicts resolved in the team.

8. Tell me something about your entrepreneurial effort and why is it not operational any longer?

--> SHared my experience with the interviewers and explained to them the specific problems I faced. Here I explained exactly how I would like to have ISB help me make better risk taking decisions.

9. Any questions for us?

--> I had just one queestion to ask them and I did to which they discussed amongst themselves and answered to me. I clearly saw the effort that they were putting in to help me as much as they can on this one.

I thanked them and came out of the room.

Bottomline - Be thorough with your application. Make sure you have rebuttals for every loophole that you may have in your application and be completely yourself. It was not an interview but rather a discussion and I am sure it would bring out only the best in people.

Regards,
Arko
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Curious about my profile. I am well on the way to finishing essays by the first week of December. I've been working in digital marketing for over three years now. GMAT score 690. Average acads and strong extra-curriculars. What do u think? Decent shot?
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Expert Reply
felixhamburg wrote:
Curious about my profile. I am well on the way to finishing essays by the first week of December. I've been working in digital marketing for over three years now. GMAT score 690. Average acads and strong extra-curriculars. What do u think? Decent shot?

It depends om how well you execute your application- and that applies for every applicant.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBADecoder wrote:
felixhamburg wrote:

It depends om how well you execute your application- and that applies for every applicant.

Sure, I think that applies to everyone. Just hope my stats don't already place me at such a disadvantage that I am unable to overcome it in my essays or through my story.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Expert Reply
felixhamburg wrote:
MBADecoder wrote:
felixhamburg wrote:

Sure, I think that applies to everyone. Just hope my stats don't already place me at such a disadvantage that I am unable to overcome it in my essays or through my story.

They will not, if you submit a good application. Let me elaborate further on what good means:
1. career progression
2. clear career goals and a need for MBA
3. maturity in essay writing and ofcourse answering the essay completely.

As a warning - a lot of applicants do a bad job of the resume section. Remember, it goes towards showing your career progression and your work achievements, so fill this section well

Originally posted by MBADecoder on 17 Nov 2016, 09:32.
Last edited by MBADecoder on 17 Nov 2016, 23:23, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
saranyan1991 wrote:
Hi guys,

I just wanted to know whether any applicants from Chennai have got interview calls?

Btw I called the admissions office today and they mentioned that they are expecting to send out interview invites till 26th November!

I am an applicant from Chennai and yet to receive a call.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3
Send PM
Is there anyone who opted for Skype interview still waiting for an invite?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  35