It is currently 15 Dec 2017, 02:27

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Wharton R1 | Stanford R1 | Tuck R1 | Ross R1 | Haas R1 | UCLA R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 231

Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.8
WE: Management Consulting (Insurance)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2016, 20:55
prnv03 wrote:
One thing I'm really nervous about is the one word essay. How do I actually plan to write it ?

My word was "Happy" and it was indeed a surprise that I also forgot to submit and my panelists also didn't ask about my one word essay . When I went later to submit it to them, they were like it's cool, we're good without it. I was in a dilemma and couldn't guess as to why they behaved as such...does my interview had any impact on this ?! ...Blank...Can't think of any reason...

The Mind is everything . What you think you become. - Lord Buddha

Consider giving KUDOS if you appreciate my post !!

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 231

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 53 [0], given: 5

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2016, 23:03
Hi,

Anyone who got an interview call during early decision category got a rejection mail from ISB?

Regards.

Kindly press the Kudos to appreciate my post !! :-)

Kudos [?]: 53 [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 6

Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2016, 02:09
Vinitkhicha1111 wrote:
prnv03 wrote:
One thing I'm really nervous about is the one word essay. How do I actually plan to write it ?

My word was "Happy" and it was indeed a surprise that I also forgot to submit and my panelists also didn't ask about my one word essay . When I went later to submit it to them, they were like it's cool, we're good without it. I was in a dilemma and couldn't guess as to why they behaved as such...does my interview had any impact on this ?! ...Blank...Can't think of any reason...

Hi there,

Even the one word essay for me was tricky. "Sanity" was the word. I wrote two paragraphs, first on "What is sanity?" and the second on "Why sanity is important in our lives". However, I did not count the number of words when I finished. I now feel that I might have overshot the limit. Anyways, what's done is done.

Second just before my interview one of my panel members walked up to me and asked me to handover my essay and went inside the interview room. He came out after five mins and called me in. I felt that was kind of different. None of the people who were called for their interviews from the waiting area ahead of me were asked for the essay in advance.

Every person will have different experience to share so let's be patient until we hear from the Adcom on 5th Dec. Last year the results went out at around 6 pm on the results announcement date. This year too we may expect the same. Fingers crossed. May all of us make through the ISB gates.

Cheers!!

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 6

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 49

Concentration: Strategy, Operations
WE: Other (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2016, 20:59
Had my interview yesterday in Hyderabad. Here is the brief.

- One word essay was 'presentable' (Had around half an hour to write)
- I used demonetization issue and PM Modi's speech as points in the essay

I enter Interview room. 2 Alums and 1 adcom member. They started getting deep in the profile. As my work background has been in public sector and development projects, I was asked few questions on them. The alums did not seem to know much about this sector and so, asked questions specific to my work. for example, as I had worked with Sarvajal (water-ATM project), they asked me to describe my work and about the team I worked along.

The adcom member asked me questions on the 100 word essay I wrote. I had written that I was convinced of demonetization and the way it was implemented. She took an opposite stand and asked me to justify about my stand. I did that giving specific examples and pointers which made me come to the conclusion.

The interview went for ~ 45 minutes. Alum's seemed convinced. The adcom seemed more on the side of being less unconvinced, more so, because, she did not had much to ask from my work background.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 49

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Schools: ISB '18 (II)
Re: Scheduled interview  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2016, 01:43
Any one suggest regarding one word essay

Sent from my 2014818 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 34

Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
WE: Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2016, 14:09
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Done with my skype interview yesterday. Overall, the experience was pretty bad. I was angered and frustrated by the end of the interview.
Two alums were there in the panel. One of them was very rude and said that he was not impressed with my profile. He asked me to convince them by telling something that was not in the application. They grilled me more after that. At one point of time, they suggested that i should wait for my green card approval and stay in US instead of moving back to India, which i thought was unnecessary. Did anyone of guys have a similar experience in the interview?

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 342

Concentration: Finance, Marketing

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2016, 21:01
I am anxious about the result.

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 342

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.28
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2016, 21:06
Just got the Reject mail. Not even shortlisted for the Interview.
First Ding of this year.

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: HEC April'18 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2016, 05:17
abrakadabra21 wrote:
I am anxious about the result.

One more week..

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 9

Concentration: Other
GPA: 2.9

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2016, 07:45
SVTTCGMAT wrote:
Done with my skype interview yesterday. Overall, the experience was pretty bad. I was angered and frustrated by the end of the interview.
Two alums were there in the panel. One of them was very rude and said that he was not impressed with my profile. He asked me to convince them by telling something that was not in the application. They grilled me more after that. At one point of time, they suggested that i should wait for my green card approval and stay in US instead of moving back to India, which i thought was unnecessary. Did anyone of guys have a similar experience in the interview?

Don't be surprised if you get a call..
Similar incident happened with a friend of mine last year. He said they were very rude, but he dint loose it, just kept his calm. They accepted him.Its a separate thing that he dint go to ISB but went to the US.. which seems just the opposite to your case in a way.
I don't know what mind-set they have but you just can't tell what's a good or bad interview.'
Grilling is not a harbinger for bad news, stay hopeful!

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 9

Intern
Intern

Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
WE: Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2016, 08:42
kshitij ghildiyal wrote:
SVTTCGMAT wrote:

Don't be surprised if you get a call..
Similar incident happened with a friend of mine last year. He said they were very rude, but he dint loose it, just kept his calm. They accepted him.Its a separate thing that he dint go to ISB but went to the US.. which seems just the opposite to your case in a way.
I don't know what mind-set they have but you just can't tell what's a good or bad interview.'
Grilling is not a harbinger for bad news, stay hopeful!

Thanks kshitij ghildiyal . Good to know that.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge
My ISB Review [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2016, 15:06

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Schools: Darden '19 (WL)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2016, 21:23
Hi,

I had an interview in Bangalore on 26th. Very chilled out process. 2 alums and 1 adcom were present. Most questions were based on my application and they genuinely wanted to know my career path and why ISB and why my said goals at ISB. I spoke for around 25 mins and they just interjected whenever they wanted to clarify or ask new questions. And I forgot to submit my one word essay !. The interview is very profile based this year and depends a lot on which panel you get. Cheers and best of luck to all

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5
WE: Sales (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2016, 03:51
Hello All, I'm an Indian applicant based in Sharjah, UAE. I had my skype interview today and it lasted for 22 minutes. Below is my profile in brief:

GMAT1: 710 (Q49, V37)
GPA: 8.73/10
Education: B.Tech (Hons.), Chemical Engineering, NIT-Rourkela (Class of '11)
Current profile: Sales & Marketing Engineer selling Engineered products for O&G applications in the Middle East region
Previous roles: Trade Compliance, Strategy & Business Development
Overseas experience: 5 years+ in UAE (Entire career spent working for an American MNC in UAE. I was Campus recruited from NIT-R)

There were 2 professors and 1 alumnus on the interview panel and the interview went quite smoothly. Following are the themes they touched upon:

1. Current role: I was asked to explain my current role and I described my B2B Industrial Sales role in detail for about 5-7 mins.
2. Bid/Tender Criteria: Based on the above, I was asked what criteria I look at when submitting a Bid/Tender and I had a ready answer for that.
3. Incoterms/Delivery terms: I was asked the difference between Ex-works, FOB and CIF incoterms and this was a simple one.
4. Workplace learning: I mentioned how I encountered unfair practices such as price undercutting in the market, in this part of the world and one of the panelists immediately asked me what I learnt from that. I responded by saying that I look at my cost structure and get it as lean and mean as possible. Add a healthy margin on top and go ahead with the bid. As, we cannot control our competitor's actions, all we do is get our selling price "right". They seemed to be satisfied with that answer
5. Personal learning: They asked me how I learn new concepts. I told them that I learn through 3 modes: Mentors, Books and NPTEL (National Program on Technology Enhanced Learning initiative). At this point, I was asked if I new about another self-learning initiative called "Swayam" which I did not know but told them I would check it out.
6. Backup plan: They asked me about my backup plan in case I don't get into ISB. I told them that I would give GMAT again and apply for INSEAD. I was also asked what I would do if I don't get into Mckinsey (I had mentioned Mckinsey as part of my ambition in the application). I joked and said I would get into BCG and THEN get into Mckinsey which they found funny!
7. Role model: I was asked who my role model was. I mentioned that Mark Cuban, the self-made billionaire investor is my role model and how I get motivated by him given his temperament, approach and views.

At this point, they checked if I had any questions for them. I had just one:
1. AICTE approval: I asked if ISB was planning to get the AICTE approval and they said no.

Now, I have my fingers crossed until December the fifth!

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: HEC April'18 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2016, 10:46
It looks like a silence before the storm in this group! Round 1 final decision in less than 70 hrs!!
All the best folks.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 42

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2016, 03:49
Hello,

I am seeking some advice on which school to join. I have an admit to IIM Bangalore's EPGP course (with admission scholarship) and I am hoping for an admit from ISB as well ( results come out tomorrow. 5 Dec). I have 6 years of work ex in IT and I wish to get into Product Management. Can you suggest which college will be better suited for me?

Thanks in Advance

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 42

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 10

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2016, 21:59
Any idea what time they release the results during the day?

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 10

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 2

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2016, 22:00
This post received
KUDOS
arcanerain wrote:
Any idea what time they release the results during the day?

Its usually after 5 in the evening

Sent from my A0001 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 2

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 1

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: ISB '18 (A)
Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2016, 00:06
Good luck to all!!

If you get the admit, mail me your decision letter at abhirup_ab@yahoo.com and I will add you to our whatsapp group.

Abhirup Bhabani
ISB Co2018.

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 1

BSchool Thread Master
B

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 15

Concentration: Leadership, Finance
Schools: Fisher '19 (A)
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2016, 00:24
Hi abhiab

How many offers have already rolled out? Whats the group count?

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 15

Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018   [#permalink] 05 Dec 2016, 00:24

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24  ...  35    Next  [ 681 posts ] 

Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: mihir0710, warriorguy

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap