GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Feb 2019, 10:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in February
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • MBA ADMISSIONS INTERVIEW: On Campus Vs. Off Campus

February 18, 2019

February 18, 2019

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Learn how On-Campus & Off-Campus interviews are structured, and when your should opt for on-campus interview. Subscribe to our Youtube channel to get notifications of upcoming videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEIeUiExox8otkETZFC9DKA
  • GMAT vs GRE - Insider Insights and Tips to Help You Decide

February 20, 2019

February 20, 2019

12:00 PM EST

01:00 PM EST

Planning to apply to business school? Don't know which standardized test to take? Noodle Pros experts will discuss the nitty gritty of the GMAT vs GRE. Monday, Feb. 11th at 12 PM and 7 PM ET

Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2019, 08:03
Any Indians who got the invite?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2019, 12:13
1siriusblack wrote:
dolphinbooboo wrote:
They told us off-campus invites are coming out 4-6 weeks after the deadline, so don’t freak yourselves out guys!

It's not after. It's within.

Oops sorry about that
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2019, 23:20
shah8 wrote:
Any Indians who got the invite?

Nothing yet for me. I saw someone with Consulting Background was interviewed in January, might have been reported by mistake. Anyone else from India received any correspondence?
BSchool Forum Moderator
G
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE: Design (Energy and Utilities)
Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2019, 00:11
ssinghal03 wrote:
I saw someone with Consulting Background was interviewed in January, might have been reported by mistake.

Not necessarily. It is very much possible that Kellogg has interviewed someone. It is not necessary that all invites are sent out close to each other. The process is very random.

12345aBcDeFgHiJkLmNoPqRsTuVwXyZ67890

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.45

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2019, 11:22
Did everyone wear business casual to the interviews like stated in the email?

I am meeting at my interviewer's office, and I know that is usually expected to be business formal - but Kellogg's correspondence says different.

Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.31

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2019, 12:03
Music2mba wrote:

I am meeting at my interviewer's office, and I know that is usually expected to be business formal - but Kellogg's correspondence says different.

Thanks in advance!

I wore a suit but no tie to my interview. Mine was also at the interviewer's office, and he was in jeans. If you expect your interviewer to be dressed in business formal, I'd go with that. But if the interviewer is in business casual, that should be fine.
Current Student
G
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2019, 12:18
Music2mba wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Always do business formal. It’s the safest bet. The most casual I would do would be a suit no tie as stated above but a suit is generally expected even if the invite says otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Current Student
G

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2019, 12:19
ryan774 wrote:
Music2mba wrote:

Thanks in advance!

I wore a suit but no tie to my interview. Mine was also at the interviewer's office, and he was in jeans. If you expect your interviewer to be dressed in business formal, I'd go with that. But if the interviewer is in business casual, that should be fine.

Also as an aside/FYI this also happens at intern recruiting events. The invite will say business casual but you show up and everyone is in suits. I’ve never had the opposite happen when it’s bschool events.

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Tuck '21 (WL)

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2019, 20:55
Hi, Is there any specific weightage to getting an offline alumni invite vs getting a skype invite with adcom? The email does mention that due to less number of alums in your area, they will want to interview through skype with the adcom.

Just wondering.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Anderson '21 (S)

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2019, 21:01
I saw a couple of invites to Indian candidates today. Does that mean it is done for the rest of the candidates in this region or can we expect another flow of invites soon?

INSEAD Thread Master
P
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2019, 21:09
rb2727

Are they stating their preference, or are they giving you a directive? I think this kind of boils down to whether or not you are good on camera. I had a candidate who put off a slightly weird vibe on camera....he did an interview with Kellogg on Skype, and it was like the only school he didn't get into. He’s at Stanford now.

If you feel insecure about your ability to deliver on camera then you might offer to travel a country/region where there is a greater concentration of alumni.

rb2727 wrote:
Hi, Is there any specific weightage to getting an offline alumni invite vs getting a skype invite with adcom? The email does mention that due to less number of alums in your area, they will want to interview through skype with the adcom.

Just wondering.

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Tuck '21 (WL)

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2019, 21:14
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
rb2727

Are they stating their preference, or are they giving you a directive? I think this kind of boils down to whether or not you are good on camera. I had a candidate who put off a slightly weird vibe on camera....he did an interview with Kellogg on Skype, and it was like the only school he didn't get into. He’s at Stanford now.

If you feel insecure about your ability to deliver on camera then you might offer to travel a country/region where there is a greater concentration of alumni.

rb2727 wrote:

Just wondering.

It is a directive. No option of offline interview has been provided. While a few candidates in my area did get an offline invite with an alumni.
INSEAD Thread Master
P
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2019, 21:22
That sucks I'm very sorry, and I believe it's because you're Indian. A t this point they are probably not sure how many Indians they can afford to move forward with; they’re interested but if a more diverse applicant accepts their offer, or a better qualified Indian from a previous round, there's less space available for you. And vice-versa, of course. So I think this is about the allocation of scarce resources and in this case it is alumni time and attention. This is why you see a lot of Indians get wait listed with an interview.

rb2727 wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
rb2727

rb2727 wrote:

Just wondering.

It is a directive. No option of offline interview has been provided. While a few candidates in my area did get an offline invite with an alumni.

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2019, 21:47
What time did the invites start coming in for indian students?
BSchool Forum Moderator
G

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2019, 22:21
inds wrote:
What time did the invites start coming in for indian students?

The interview invitation process for Kellogg is rolling, there's no particular date or timing for it. Someone got the invite much earlier (as reported in the Decision Tracker), whereas, few peeps got an invite yesterday.

BSchool Forum Moderator
G

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2019, 22:24
anulfc wrote:
I saw a couple of invites to Indian candidates today. Does that mean it is done for the rest of the candidates in this region or can we expect another flow of invites soon?

One can't be sure if there are more invites expected. But, it doesn't hurt to stay optimistic.

BSchool Forum Moderator
G

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2019, 22:33
rb2727 wrote:

Just wondering.

Hey, I woudn't bother about it at all. Rather, after reading the highlighted portion, I'd be even more positive going into the interview! The reason being that even though there aren't ample alums in your area, the Adcoms still want to see you getting interviewed. This means that they loved your application and are willing to interview you when they could've issued you a waiver. Do you get my point? No matter what you think or what anyone (including me) has to say, you are at an advanced stage and you should rather focus preparing for the interview than worrying about your odds (which of course no one can predict except the Adcoms). Any given day, an opportunity to interview is a comfortable place to be in than receiving a waiver. All the best :thumbup:

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2019, 00:35
rb2727

Congrats! What city are you from, btw?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V49
GPA: 3.5
WE: Corporate Finance (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2019, 02:06
rb2727 wrote:

Just wondering.

The exact same thing happened to me and like you, I was also worried. On one hand because I believed that I could make a better impression personally, on the other hand because I felt like I should have indicated the willingness to travel (and hence signaled that I'm serious about the school). So I called the admissions office and offered to travel for a personal interview.

There were two take-aways:
1. While they said they'd be happy to do that, they subtly made it clear that it would require additional work on their side (rescheduling, reaching out to alumni,...), which I interpreted as a gentle way of advising me against it. (I may have been interpreting too much into it though.)
2. Over and over again, they stressed that they really had no preference. For real.

Eventually I agreed to go with the Skype interview and, hey, I got in.

Don't stress out about it. If other candidates in your area received a personal interview and you didn't, they might have just reached the interviewers' full capacity. Like someone else said above, they could've just dinged you, but they didn't. Take that as a positive sign.

Good luck!
Current Student
G

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2019, 04:45
rb2727 wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
rb2727

rb2727 wrote:

Just wondering.

I did a Skype interview with adcom last year. As mentioned previously I don’t think it matters at all from Kellogg’s perspective. It only matters if you perform better/worse on camera than in person.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!   [#permalink] 14 Feb 2019, 04:45

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22    Next  [ 431 posts ] 

Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Gnpth, DigitsnLetters, hanamana

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap