GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Feb 2019, 14:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in February
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
272829303112
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
242526272812
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 18 Dec 2014
Posts: 356
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE: Design (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2019, 05:23
bschoolapp1 wrote:
Hoping to figure out a timeline.

One thing that really has baffled me about the Kellogg interview process is the inherent uncertainty in the process. There's so much randomness involved that it is difficult to ascertain a trend in the invites. Trust me, you don't want yourself scratching your head (maybe banging too) over the interview invite process. I have been there-TWICE-and my two cents are: just lay back and let the process take its course. Regarding off-campus interviews, for which the slots are limited, if you are a strong candidate and are destined to get an invite, you'll get one. Else, you meet the inevitable 'your interview has been waived' email (which, unfortunately, is more or less like hand your boots already!). Either way, it's not under your control.

I understand that you have expectations and the wait can be agonizing. However, that's the part and parcel of the application process. One thing that this process teaches you is patience. So, once again, calm your nerves and stay hopeful. I wish you all the very best for your outcome :thumbup:
_________________

12345aBcDeFgHiJkLmNoPqRsTuVwXyZ67890

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Apr 2017
Posts: 20
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2019, 08:24
Does Kellogg keep track of your participation in school offered events?

After the deadline I recieved an email from the Hispanic Management Association offering mock interviews with current students. It was extremely helpful and I'm hopeful adcoms will take into consideration the effort.

I didnt receive an invite from Ross yesterday, so of course I'm concerned about my other pending applications.

Posted from my mobile device
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 18 Dec 2014
Posts: 356
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE: Design (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2019, 10:50
Eric8923 wrote:
Does Kellogg keep track of your participation in school offered events?

Well, I don't know the extent upto which, but every school keeps track of the events.
_________________

12345aBcDeFgHiJkLmNoPqRsTuVwXyZ67890

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Dec 2014
Posts: 50
Schools: Anderson '21 (S)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2019, 22:12
1
Can we ask them to change our preference to Skype interviews if off-campus ones are not getting scheduled in our region? That will still be better than an interview waiver right?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 31 May 2016
Posts: 35
Location: Austria
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V49
GPA: 3.5
WE: Corporate Finance (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2019, 02:22
anulfc wrote:
Can we ask them to change our preference to Skype interviews if off-campus ones are not getting scheduled in our region? That will still be better than an interview waiver right?

If they can't find an alumni interviewer, you will be invited for a Skype interview anyway. That's precisely what happened in my case. If you should happen to get a waiver, then your interview preference was not the reason.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Jan 2019
Posts: 3
Location: China
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2019, 06:37
Does anyone know whether Kellogg actually interviews "everyone"? Although some websites said 80%+, I am thinking the 20% that are waived might because of technical reason or application withdraw?
I would like to understand the rate of acceptance after the interview..
Current Student
User avatar
G
Joined: 05 Nov 2015
Posts: 459
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2019, 07:08
Wkgli wrote:
Does anyone know whether Kellogg actually interviews "everyone"? Although some websites said 80%+, I am thinking the 20% that are waived might because of technical reason or application withdraw?
I would like to understand the rate of acceptance after the interview..


It’s around 80%. The waivers are mostly concentrated with international students who don’t have alumni interviewers near them but domestic students can get waived too.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Jan 2019
Posts: 3
Location: China
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2019, 14:53
FuturePM91 wrote:
Wkgli wrote:
Does anyone know whether Kellogg actually interviews "everyone"? Although some websites said 80%+, I am thinking the 20% that are waived might because of technical reason or application withdraw?
I would like to understand the rate of acceptance after the interview..


It’s around 80%. The waivers are mostly concentrated with international students who don’t have alumni interviewers near them but domestic students can get waived too.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app



Thank you. That probably implies a 30% acceptance rate after the interview.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Dec 2014
Posts: 50
Schools: Anderson '21 (S)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2019, 23:26
Ahh got it. Thanks.

danpo wrote:
anulfc wrote:
Can we ask them to change our preference to Skype interviews if off-campus ones are not getting scheduled in our region? That will still be better than an interview waiver right?

If they can't find an alumni interviewer, you will be invited for a Skype interview anyway. That's precisely what happened in my case. If you should happen to get a waiver, then your interview preference was not the reason.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Dec 2018
Posts: 3
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2019, 10:29
Any R2 New York-based applicants get an interview email? Just trying to figure out if I may have been missed and should expect a waiver...

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Aug 2018
Posts: 23
Location: United States (NY)
Concentration: Strategy, Nonprofit
GPA: 3.98
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2019, 10:45
1
I’m in NY and haven’t received anything yet. According to the timeline, it could take another 1-3 weeks. Here’s hoping we hear something soon.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 May 2013
Posts: 27
Location: India
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2019, 00:08
It's the end of January. Are all interview invites already sent off. I am an applicant from India
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 18 Apr 2017
Posts: 11
Location: India
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE: Consulting (Commercial Banking)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2019, 04:19
I hope not. I'm from India too and waiting for a decision.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 31 May 2016
Posts: 35
Location: Austria
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V49
GPA: 3.5
WE: Corporate Finance (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 30 Jan 2019, 16:01
2
1siriusblack wrote:
It's the end of January. Are all interview invites already sent off. I am an applicant from India

With all due respect, your claim is completely baseless. I honestly don't understand how you come up with this when the admissions website clearly states that "if you request an off-campus interview, you will be notified of your assignment or waiver via email within four to six weeks from the application deadline." Even if you take into account that some people have already been invited at this point (only three weeks after the deadline), you're way off base: According to the decision tracker around 90% of applicants were interviewed in R1; in R2 we're currently at around 33%. Previous years don't indicate a significant difference of the interview invitations between R1 and R2. So there simply is no evidence for your claim.

EDIT: Apparently I misread your post. If this was actually a question, I apologize. The answer would have been no, for the very same reasons. So I’ll still leave my original post up for transparency.

Originally posted by danpo on 30 Jan 2019, 07:45.
Last edited by danpo on 30 Jan 2019, 16:01, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Jan 2019
Posts: 10
Location: Viet Nam
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.83
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2019, 07:48
1
danpo wrote:
1siriusblack wrote:
It's the end of January. Are all interview invites already sent off. I am an applicant from India

With all due respect, your claim is completely baseless. I honestly don't understand how you come up with this when the admissions website clearly states that "if you request an off-campus interview, you will be notified of your assignment or waiver via email within four to six weeks from the application deadline." Even if you take into account that some people have already been invited at this point (only three weeks after the deadline), you're way off base: According to the decision tracker around 90% of applicants were interviewed in R1; in R2 we're currently at around 33%. Previous years don't indicate a significant difference of the interview invitations between R1 and R2. So there simply is no evidence for your claim.

TL;DR: Fellow applicants, don't let yourself put down by someone's baseless claims. Invites are still rolling out.


I think you misread his post. He's just asking for information.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Apr 2018
Posts: 2
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.85
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2019, 09:31
Hello GMAT Club -

Did anyone else receive an email from Kellogg inviting them to complete a financial need based survey? I just received such an email today.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Oct 2018
Posts: 18
Location: United States (IL)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.31
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2019, 09:43
TopMBAHopeful34 wrote:
Hello GMAT Club -

Did anyone else receive an email from Kellogg inviting them to complete a financial need based survey? I just received such an email today.

Posted from my mobile device


Yes, I received the same email as well. The email says "Please note that this application will have no impact on your admissions decision and it will be your only opportunity to apply for financial need based scholarships if admitted. The application will become available February 6th with a deadline to complete the application by March 6th."
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Jan 2019
Posts: 3
Location: China
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2019, 10:08
ryan774 wrote:
TopMBAHopeful34 wrote:
Hello GMAT Club -

Did anyone else receive an email from Kellogg inviting them to complete a financial need based survey? I just received such an email today.

Posted from my mobile device


Yes, I received the same email as well. The email says "Please note that this application will have no impact on your admissions decision and it will be your only opportunity to apply for financial need based scholarships if admitted. The application will become available February 6th with a deadline to complete the application by March 6th."


Is this for domestic applicant only?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 May 2013
Posts: 27
Location: India
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2019, 10:23
danpo wrote:
1siriusblack wrote:
It's the end of January. Are all interview invites already sent off. I am an applicant from India

With all due respect, your claim is completely baseless. I honestly don't understand how you come up with this when the admissions website clearly states that "if you request an off-campus interview, you will be notified of your assignment or waiver via email within four to six weeks from the application deadline." Even if you take into account that some people have already been invited at this point (only three weeks after the deadline), you're way off base: According to the decision tracker around 90% of applicants were interviewed in R1; in R2 we're currently at around 33%. Previous years don't indicate a significant difference of the interview invitations between R1 and R2. So there simply is no evidence for your claim.

TL;DR: Fellow applicants, don't let yourself put down by someone's baseless claims. Invites are still rolling out.



I shouldn't have ignored the question mark after my second sentence. I am as relieved after reading your response as you were annoyed after assuming my assertion.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Oct 2018
Posts: 18
Location: United States (IL)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.31
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2019, 10:38
Wkgli wrote:
ryan774 wrote:
TopMBAHopeful34 wrote:
Hello GMAT Club -

Did anyone else receive an email from Kellogg inviting them to complete a financial need based survey? I just received such an email today.

Posted from my mobile device


Yes, I received the same email as well. The email says "Please note that this application will have no impact on your admissions decision and it will be your only opportunity to apply for financial need based scholarships if admitted. The application will become available February 6th with a deadline to complete the application by March 6th."


Is this for domestic applicant only?


I believe so. The email references these as "Financial Need Based Scholarship Applications". Kellogg's website describes them as eligible for "Admitted One-Year MBA, Two-Year MBA, and MMM applicants who are U.S. citizens and permanent residents may be considered for financial need based scholarships.

https://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/pr ... ships.aspx
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!   [#permalink] 30 Jan 2019, 10:38

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23    Next  [ 459 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Gnpth, DigitsnLetters, hanamana



Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.