GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 25 Mar 2019, 09:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellogg '21 (I)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2019, 10:01
Is there some degree of profile evaluation before Kellogg distributes off-campus invites?

I recieved an off-campus invite for the DFW area, I'm just hoping my chances of admittance have improved since the day I submitted my round 2 app.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE: Consulting (Commercial Banking)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2019, 10:04
Anyone from India received an invite yet?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2019, 13:10
I am from India and I did receive an invite today

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2019, 00:23
anikroy wrote:
I am from India and I did receive an invite today

Congratulations. mind telling us a bit about your profile
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2019, 00:35
Hey sure

UG -IIT Kharagapur
PG - XLRI Jamshedpur
Current Job - PwC Deal Advisory
GMAT - 750
Post MBA Career - Consulting

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.5
WE: Marketing (Transportation)

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2019, 01:15
Also got an invite in India yesterday
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2019, 02:28
YNWA007 wrote:

congratulations. It will be helpful if you can also tell us something about your profile.
Current Student
G
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2019, 08:12
1siriusblack wrote:
YNWA007 wrote:

congratulations. It will be helpful if you can also tell us something about your profile.

Knowing someone’s “profile” is not helpful especially for Kellogg.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2019, 09:17
FuturePM91 wrote:
1siriusblack wrote:
YNWA007 wrote:

Why so? I was just looking to understand what the school really looks for (for any future application)

Current Student
G
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2019, 22:03
1siriusblack wrote:
FuturePM91 wrote:
1siriusblack wrote:
[quote="YNWA007"]Also got an invite in India yesterday

Why so? I was just looking to understand what the school really looks for (for any future application)

Posted from my mobile device[/quote]

Two reasons:
First, Kellogg makes every effort to interview as many applicants as possible. They literally won’t even read the rest of your application until the interview is completed or you receive a waiver. So unlike other schools, getting an interview isn’t really reflective of your chances of being admitted.

Second, the profiles posted on here lack a lot of the context which makes a big difference in the admissions decision.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2019, 01:19
1siriusblack wrote:

Two reasons:
First, Kellogg makes every effort to interview as many applicants as possible. They literally won’t even read the rest of your application until the interview is completed or you receive a waiver. So unlike other schools, getting an interview isn’t really reflective of your chances of being admitted.

Second, the profiles posted on here lack a lot of the context which makes a big difference in the admissions decision.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app[/quote][/quote]

I got enough context about Anik. but for the sake of this thread, let's end it here.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V35
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 202  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2019, 12:16
A new Kellogg Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/kellogg-191/interview_debrief.html#debrief-883
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2019, 14:10
Hello ! For off-campus interviews they provide an e-mail and a phone number of the Alumnus. Do you guys usually e-mail the person only or text him/her also to schedule ?
BSchool Forum Moderator
G
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE: Design (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2019, 22:27
MBADREAM1987 wrote:
Hello ! For off-campus interviews they provide an e-mail and a phone number of the Alumnus. Do you guys usually e-mail the person only or text him/her also to schedule ?

Either is fine. But, I would suggest to reach out through email first. If the Alum doesn't respond in a couple of days, you can reach out via phone.
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2019, 03:44
Still no invite or waiver... about to hit the 6-week mark

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2019, 04:07
Has anyone from Bangalore gotten an invite?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2019, 05:30
Same here. Called them last Friday and they said - we are still in the process and yet to reach out to some candidates... Wednesday marks the end of 6 weeks. Fingers crossed

Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Marketing
GRE 1: Q161 V164
GPA: 3.42
Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2019, 09:04
Question, perhaps an odd one:
Had my interview yesterday, think it went reasonably well. However, when we reached the subject of my volunteer experience...I have a hard time talking about it without getting emotional. I work with a children's bereavement camp that I attended after my father died over 10 years ago; I've been volunteering with them since I was 17, and its something that is extremely close to my heart because of the children I've met and the stories I've come into contact with there. This is the second interview that I have actually teared up/gotten pretty emotional while talking about my involvement with this organization, though I believe I managed to answer the question thoroughly/articulately despite crying (still makes me cringe). This happened during my McCombs interview as well, and I was admitted there with a full ride, so clearly they appreciated the "extra sincerity" I guess.

My question is, do you think this hurts my chances at Kellogg at all, or do you think they will see it as a sign of my genuine passion for and commitment to the organization?

Thanks...every time I think about it, I die a little inside :|
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.49

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2019, 09:29
Mgraynap wrote:
Had my interview yesterday, think it went reasonably well. However, when we reached the subject of my volunteer experience...I have a hard time talking about it without getting emotional. I work with a children's bereavement camp that I attended after my father died over 10 years ago; I've been volunteering with them since I was 17, and its something that is extremely close to my heart because of the children I've met and the stories I've come into contact with there. This is the second interview that I have actually teared up/gotten pretty emotional while talking about my involvement with this organization, though I believe I managed to answer the question thoroughly/articulately despite crying (still makes me cringe). This happened during my McCombs interview as well, and I was admitted there with a full ride, so clearly they appreciated the "extra sincerity" I guess.

My question is, do you think this hurts my chances at Kellogg at all, or do you think they will see it as a sign of my genuine passion for and commitment to the organization?

I'm certainly not an expert, but as long as you weren't straight-up sobbing / unable to carry on, I can't imagine this would count against you. Especially at Kellogg where they seem a little more "human" than some other Ad Comms. I would guess this felt like a bigger deal to you than it did to the interviewer. Any reasonably empathetic person would understand why it's an emotional subject for you. And it does show sincere dedication to your cause. Did your interviewer react in the moment in any way?
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Marketing
GRE 1: Q161 V164
GPA: 3.42

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2019, 09:34
cf1111 wrote:
Mgraynap wrote:

I'm certainly not an expert, but as long as you weren't straight-up sobbing / unable to carry on, I can't imagine this would count against you. Especially at Kellogg where they seem a little more "human" than some other Ad Comms. I would guess this felt like a bigger deal to you than it did to the interviewer. Any reasonably empathetic person would understand why it's an emotional subject for you. And it does show sincere dedication to your cause. Did your interviewer react in the moment in any way?

Thanks, you're probably right that my interviewer likely wasn't as phased by it as I'm thinking she was. She was very sweet about it, when I apologized for getting emotional, she said something like "well it makes sense, concerning the subject"...I'm trying to stop over-analyzing it, just hoping they're not thinking "this girl is unstable" hahaha
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!   [#permalink] 19 Feb 2019, 09:34

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26    Next  [ 508 posts ] 

Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Gnpth, DigitsnLetters, hanamana

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap