GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 10 Dec 2019, 05:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Marketing
GRE 1: Q161 V164
GPA: 3.42
Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2019, 13:29
1siriusblack wrote:
Mgraynap wrote:
cf1111 wrote:
Question, perhaps an odd one:
Had my interview yesterday, think it went reasonably well. However, when we reached the subject of my volunteer experience...I have a hard time talking about it without getting emotional. I work with a children's bereavement camp that I attended after my father died over 10 years ago; I've been volunteering with them since I was 17, and its something that is extremely close to my heart because of the children I've met and the stories I've come into contact with there. This is the second interview that I have actually teared up/gotten pretty emotional while talking about my involvement with this organization, though I believe I managed to answer the question thoroughly/articulately despite crying (still makes me cringe). This happened during my McCombs interview as well, and I was admitted there with a full ride, so clearly they appreciated the "extra sincerity" I guess.

My question is, do you think this hurts my chances at Kellogg at all, or do you think they will see it as a sign of my genuine passion for and commitment to the organization?

Thanks...every time I think about it, I die a little inside :|

I'm certainly not an expert, but as long as you weren't straight-up sobbing / unable to carry on, I can't imagine this would count against you. Especially at Kellogg where they seem a little more "human" than some other Ad Comms. I would guess this felt like a bigger deal to you than it did to the interviewer. Any reasonably empathetic person would understand why it's an emotional subject for you. And it does show sincere dedication to your cause. Did your interviewer react in the moment in any way?

I thought you were an R1 applicant

Nope r2 for Kellogg

Posted from my mobile device
INSEAD School Moderator
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2019, 23:48
Mgraynap I love this~~~the name of the game is to establish an emotional connection, and for her to see the depth of your passion is frankly very "on brand" with Kellogg. Please do not give this a moment's thought. It would be different if it was fake or you were doing it for attention. Shedding a few tears because you are touched by this is so very OK.

Mgraynap wrote:
Question, perhaps an odd one:
Had my interview yesterday, think it went reasonably well. However, when we reached the subject of my volunteer experience...I have a hard time talking about it without getting emotional. I work with a children's bereavement camp that I attended after my father died over 10 years ago; I've been volunteering with them since I was 17, and its something that is extremely close to my heart because of the children I've met and the stories I've come into contact with there. This is the second interview that I have actually teared up/gotten pretty emotional while talking about my involvement with this organization, though I believe I managed to answer the question thoroughly/articulately despite crying (still makes me cringe). This happened during my McCombs interview as well, and I was admitted there with a full ride, so clearly they appreciated the "extra sincerity" I guess.

My question is, do you think this hurts my chances at Kellogg at all, or do you think they will see it as a sign of my genuine passion for and commitment to the organization?

Thanks...every time I think about it, I die a little inside :|

Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2019, 23:59
So the virtual session on Mar 5 about student experience is targeted at R3 applicants?
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.83
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2019, 05:34
1siriusblack wrote:
So the virtual session on Mar 5 about student experience is targeted at R3 applicants?

When you register they'll send you a survey where you're asked if you submitted your application in R1/R2 or you're researching. So I think it's not just for the R3 guys.

Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2019, 09:12
Not to get ahead of myself....but does anyone know when the Day at Kellogg (DAK) weekend is this spring?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V42
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2019, 09:19
michelle54321 wrote:
Not to get ahead of myself....but does anyone know when the Day at Kellogg (DAK) weekend is this spring?

End of April. Last year it was the 21st.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2019, 20:23
Should I assume, if I have not received an invite by now, that it's a ding?
Current Student
G
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2019, 20:28
dolphinbooboo wrote:

Did you receive a waiver? If you haven’t received anything then you probably will hear from them in the next couple of days. That’s what happened to me. If you’ve received a waiver they do interviews up to the deadline so it’s just a waiting game.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2019, 20:35
FuturePM91 wrote:
dolphinbooboo wrote:

Did you receive a waiver? If you haven’t received anything then you probably will hear from them in the next couple of days. That’s what happened to me. If you’ve received a waiver they do interviews up to the deadline so it’s just a waiting game.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

I got a waiver last week... :( Thank you so much!!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2019, 08:13
michelle54321 wrote:

They mention it's in April, but no details into exactly when...

https://kellogg.campusgroups.com/jv/dak/
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2019, 08:40
Quick question - I noticed earlier on this thread for Round 1, that people were disputing whether or not the “closed-invitation” invites (such a applicant brunch or cocktail reception with alumni) was a positive or neutral indicator of your status as an applicant.

Now that round 1 has come and passed, did anyone know whether it was true one way or another? I.e. did everyone who was invited to those events for Round 1 get admitted?

I just went to one in NYC and am wondering if it’s a good indicator

Intern
Intern
S
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.85

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2019, 08:58
Kgsully1 wrote:
Quick question - I noticed earlier on this thread for Round 1, that people were disputing whether or not the “closed-invitation” invites (such a applicant brunch or cocktail reception with alumni) was a positive or neutral indicator of your status as an applicant.

Now that round 1 has come and passed, did anyone know whether it was true one way or another? I.e. did everyone who was invited to those events for Round 1 get admitted?

I asked around some people during DAK and it was completely a mixed bag. I went to a small dinner and all the people (about half) that I kept in touch with afterwards in my city got accepted. However, I've met some friends at DAK who told me that it was not the same for their cities.

I think it should definitely be seen as a positive sign, but nothing more than that.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2019, 09:15
Did you interview on campus or with an alumni. I got invited to one but got an interview waiver. In the event that you went to, were there any applicants with an interview waiver?

Kgsully1 wrote:

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2019, 12:28
sn198 wrote:
Did you interview on campus or with an alumni. I got invited to one but got an interview waiver. In the event that you went to, were there any applicants with an interview waiver?

Kgsully1 wrote:

I had my interview with an Alumni in NYC, everyone who I spoke to either interviewed with an alumni or interviewed on campus
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Yale '21 (A)

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2019, 19:47
I received an interview waive 2 weeks ago and started to lose hope now :(
Is it possible that they might still request for interview after round 2 decision (as round 3 deadline is in April)?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2019, 19:51
pnakata - where are you based?

I was told that Kellogg doesn’t waitlist without interviews - not sure how true this is.

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Yale '21 (A)

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2019, 20:00
sn198

I'm in Southeast Asia, where I know there are lots of Kellogg alumni here.
Just wondering if I will know my status before March 27 or still have a chance until the end of round 3
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Marketing
GRE 1: Q161 V164
GPA: 3.42

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2019, 12:11
gunster wrote:
Kgsully1 wrote:

I asked around some people during DAK and it was completely a mixed bag. I went to a small dinner and all the people (about half) that I kept in touch with afterwards in my city got accepted. However, I've met some friends at DAK who told me that it was not the same for their cities.

I think it should definitely be seen as a positive sign, but nothing more than that.

I've also been curious about this, going to one in Boston tonight and cant help but wonder if its them just looking for oooone more data point. Scope us out in our natural habitat :lol:
Intern
Intern
S
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.85

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2019, 13:35
Mgraynap wrote:
gunster wrote:
Kgsully1 wrote:

I've also been curious about this, going to one in Boston tonight and cant help but wonder if its them just looking for oooone more data point. Scope us out in our natural habitat :lol:

I wouldn't overthink it too much. Yeah it is definitely one more data point, but realize that they are spending money to bring in alumni (and some are big names at least at our dinner), feed you, and give you a chance in a small group setting to ask questions. That's not typically something I imagine adcom will do for people that they are borderline on.

On the flip side, obviously it is still a second data point. So if you do anything that the alumni don't like or don't think makes you a good fit, they'll probably report it on up.

It's another data point but a positive sign. At the same time, it's not any form of guarantee of your acceptance.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q42 V44
GPA: 3.98

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2019, 13:49
Do we know at all where these are happening? Anyone heard of one in Dallas?
GMAT Club Bot
Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!   [#permalink] 07 Mar 2019, 13:49

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28    Next  [ 554 posts ] 

Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: tanmay1392, jaja231