GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Oct 2019, 09:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2019, 16:03
remicat wrote:
Do we know at all where these are happening? Anyone heard of one in Dallas?

Yeah, I got invited to an event at Sixty Vines in Dallas this Saturday (the 9th). Unfortunately I had a trip planned already and will not be able to attend.
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2019, 23:36
Any leads on NW Kellogg's Round 2 interview invites? One wave of invites has already been completed. Till when are other invites expected?
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Kellogg '21 (I)

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2019, 07:29
MittalMewada wrote:
Any leads on NW Kellogg's Round 2 interview invites? One wave of invites has already been completed. Till when are other invites expected?

Have you not received an interview invite or waiver yet? Invites go out around 4-6 weeks after the deadline. If I were you, I would call Kellogg admissions and check on your status. From what I understand the window for interview invites has passed and if you have not recieved one yet then it's likely your interview was waived.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Kellogg '21 (I)

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2019, 08:04
From what I can gather about the odds of admissions after an interview, it looks to me that Kellogg interviews around 60% of their applicant pool and not the 80% that is speculated. I came to this conclusion based on data from GMATClub, but if the 37% admittance of interviewed applicants is accurate, then Kellogg interviewing 80% of it's applicant pool would not be possible.

20.2% acceptance rate of all Kellogg applicants= 37% acceptance rate of interviewed applicants, if only 54.6% of the Kellogg applicant pool is interviewed.

If 80% of the Kellogg applicant pool were interviewed then the acceptance rate of interviewed applicants would need to be closer to 25.3%.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/chances-of-getting-admitted-after-an-interview-230246.html

Now all the data on GMATclub is self-reported and it's not 100% reflective of the actual Kellogg data, but I think it would be unrealistic for that large of a sampling pool to yield such a drastic difference from the actual data.

I had some down time and I'm trying to convince myself that my interview invite was actually meaningful, the wait really is agonizing. Does anyone else have any speculation to add? I'm gladly wearing my tinfoil hat.
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
S

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2019, 09:29
We have confirmed that Kellogg is holding these events as a way to keep applicants connected to the school during what would otherwise be a long period of silence from the program because of how their interviews work. They don't mean anything, even though I personally think they serve to raise people's expectations and hopes. I have had a few clients who didn't get in and then were upset because they felt the program had led them on with these invitations and even students reaching out to them directly during the process. I think they are in a period of testing to see how effective these tactics are.

So in short, don't get overconfident if you are invited to a reception, and definitely try not to worry if you don't.

[quote="gunster"][quote="Mgraynap"][quote="gunster"][quote="Kgsully1"]Quick question - I noticed earlier on this thread for Round 1, that people were disputing whether or not the “closed-invitation” invites (such a applicant brunch or cocktail reception with alumni) was a positive or neutral indicator of your status as an applicant.
I've been an admissions consultant with Stacy Blackman Consulting since 2008. I went to Harvard Business School for my MBA and Michigan Ross for my BBA. I have helped clients gain acceptance into all of the top programs and am a big believer in letting your voice and your personality shine through in your application materials. Best of luck!

Interested in a free 30-minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Erika Olson | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2019, 11:56
SBCErikaOlson Thanks for the input!
Thunderfan00 Thanks!
I had received an interview waiver but was told that online interview may be scheduled if needed.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Economics, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 4
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 202  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2019, 05:28
A new Kellogg Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/kellogg-191/interview_debrief.html#debrief-946
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q164 V152
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2019, 08:25
Does anyone know if Kellogg releases decisions on a rolling basis, or do we all need to wait for the decision deadline regardless of the outcome? The suspense is... suspenseful.
Current Student
G
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2019, 08:30
MBAhhhhmazing wrote:
Does anyone know if Kellogg releases decisions on a rolling basis, or do we all need to wait for the decision deadline regardless of the outcome? The suspense is... suspenseful.

They call the morning of the decision date. The portal updates agent they’re done. Which is usually around 3-4pm Evanston time.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2019, 18:07
So I am guessing that if you haven’t heard back for a Skype/Phone interview since getting a waiver, it’s as good as a ding right?

Or do folks think that there is still hope?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.49

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2019, 07:04
The Kellogg website lists the decision date for R2 as March 27th, but the GMATClub list has the 26th. Is that maybe just an error or do they call people the day before?
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2019, 08:40
cf1111 wrote:
The Kellogg website lists the decision date for R2 as March 27th, but the GMATClub list has the 26th. Is that maybe just an error or do they call people the day before?

cf1111

Thank you for bringing this to our notice. It is an error from our side. I have corrected the date to March 27th. Kellogg calls applicants only on the decision day, not a day before.
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.49

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2019, 08:43
workout wrote:
cf1111 wrote:

cf1111

Thank you for bringing this to our notice. It is an error from our side. I have corrected the date to March 27th. Kellogg calls applicants only on the decision day, not a day before.

No worries, thank you for the clarity!
Current Student
G

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2019, 15:02
sn198 wrote:
So I am guessing that if you haven’t heard back for a Skype/Phone interview since getting a waiver, it’s as good as a ding right?

Or do folks think that there is still hope?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it is not looking good. I’ve heard only very rarely of people getting interviews the last week before decisions. There’s a lot that has to be done before decision day so if you haven’t interviewed by now it’s unlikely that you will be interviewed. They may do 1 or 2 but again it’s highly unlikely.

Current Student
G

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2019, 15:09
Thunderfan00 wrote:
From what I can gather about the odds of admissions after an interview, it looks to me that Kellogg interviews around 60% of their applicant pool and not the 80% that is speculated. I came to this conclusion based on data from GMATClub, but if the 37% admittance of interviewed applicants is accurate, then Kellogg interviewing 80% of it's applicant pool would not be possible.

20.2% acceptance rate of all Kellogg applicants= 37% acceptance rate of interviewed applicants, if only 54.6% of the Kellogg applicant pool is interviewed.

If 80% of the Kellogg applicant pool were interviewed then the acceptance rate of interviewed applicants would need to be closer to 25.3%.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/chances-of-getting-admitted-after-an-interview-230246.html

Now all the data on GMATclub is self-reported and it's not 100% reflective of the actual Kellogg data, but I think it would be unrealistic for that large of a sampling pool to yield such a drastic difference from the actual data.

I had some down time and I'm trying to convince myself that my interview invite was actually meaningful, the wait really is agonizing. Does anyone else have any speculation to add? I'm gladly wearing my tinfoil hat.

Im always confused by those that speculate that schools are misrepresenting the process. Why would they lie?

Kellogg interviews 80% of applicants. They pride themselves are interviewing as many people as possible because it helps to preserve their unique culture. It actually hurts the school to interview fewer applicants because they are so focused on culture fit that not interviewing a candidate could result in denying admission to someone who is a good culture fit which they care about. A lot. So they always try to interview as many candidates as their resources allow.

Keep in mind that most ppl on Gmatclub are international students. The Gmatclub data is therefore highly skewed and the large gap you’re seeing is not really that unreasonable.

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Leadership

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2019, 05:50
Does anyone know if Kellogg only releases the results on deadline? Or we should expect news on the day before?
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Marketing
GRE 1: Q161 V164
GPA: 3.42
Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2019, 06:58
lucasoliveira wrote:
Does anyone know if Kellogg only releases the results on deadline? Or we should expect news on the day before?

workout wrote:
cf1111 wrote:

cf1111

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2019, 11:44
Does anyone know what weekend the RD 2 Admitted Students Weekend will be?
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.67

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2019, 08:46
Has anyone tried the email trick yet? I've put a few current students emails into the email testers and those are coming up as negative, so I'm not sure if anyone has a site that actually works...
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2019, 08:51
where dis you test it?

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!   [#permalink] 22 Mar 2019, 08:51

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28    Next  [ 554 posts ] 

Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: jaja231