GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Oct 2018, 22:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2018, 18:49
jwang516 wrote:
I just received my Interview Assignment! Both exciting and scary at the same time. I thought I would have a lot more time to prepare (they said 4 - 6 weeks for offsite interviews! ha!) and I'm still in the process of completing a few other applications.

My email said I will need to complete the interview within 14 days of today. Does anyone know how stringent this deadline is? I am traveling for work the next two weeks and would love to be able to extend this deadline by a week or so.

Thanks

Great news! How did they reach out to you about the interview? When did you send in your application?
Intern
Intern
B
Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2018, 18:54
I also received an invitation for an off-campus with the same info as above (via email). Application submitted about 3 weeks ago. Good luck everybody!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2018, 20:08
I received my interview mail too.

Do the interviewers have access to our essays?

+1 kudos if you find this useful
GMAT 1: 750 (Q50; V40; IR 8; AWA 5.5)
Debrief: https://gmatclub.com/forum/first-attempt-750-q50-v40-ir-8-awa-245721.html

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2018, 20:36
jwang516 wrote:
I just received my Interview Assignment! Both exciting and scary at the same time. I thought I would have a lot more time to prepare (they said 4 - 6 weeks for offsite interviews! ha!) and I'm still in the process of completing a few other applications.

My email said I will need to complete the interview within 14 days of today. Does anyone know how stringent this deadline is? I am traveling for work the next two weeks and would love to be able to extend this deadline by a week or so.

Thanks

Congratulations, that's so exciting!! Where did they give the 4-6 week estimate, did you receive some sort of email? Anxiously awaiting word, and wondering how long after the deadline I should start worrying if I haven't heard!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q44 V44
WE: Analyst (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2018, 06:27
maximlew wrote:
Hi R1 submitters:

Did you actually receive any kind of confirmation that everything is well and that your R1 application is final and will now be checked?

Wondering the same thing- I didn't receive any confirmation that my application was complete. In the portal it shows that all my materials are in, I just didn't receive a confirmation on or around the app deadline. Did those that have received their interview invite receive any form of confirmation?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2018, 06:34
thejazeffect31 wrote:
maximlew wrote:
Hi R1 submitters:

Did you actually receive any kind of confirmation that everything is well and that your R1 application is final and will now be checked?

Wondering the same thing- I didn't receive any confirmation that my application was complete. In the portal it shows that all my materials are in, I just didn't receive a confirmation on or around the app deadline. Did those that have received their interview invite receive any form of confirmation?

Third-ed. I'm in the same boat and wondering how bad of a look it is to reach out to admissions to check.

bschool2019 wrote:
Looks like we (off-campus interviews) will be notified 4-6weeks after the application deadline

"If you request an off-campus interview, you will be notified of your assignment or waiver via email within four to six weeks from the application deadline. Off-campus interviews are conducted by members of Kellogg’s Alumni Admissions Organization."

bschool2019, where did you read the above? Did you get an email or some kind of confirmation after hitting submit?
Intern
Intern
S
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V42
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39
GMAT 3: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.73

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2018, 10:05
okaysoanyway wrote:
thejazeffect31 wrote:
maximlew wrote:
Hi R1 submitters:

Third-ed. I'm in the same boat and wondering how bad of a look it is to reach out to admissions to check.

bschool2019 wrote:
Looks like we (off-campus interviews) will be notified 4-6weeks after the application deadline

"If you request an off-campus interview, you will be notified of your assignment or waiver via email within four to six weeks from the application deadline. Off-campus interviews are conducted by members of Kellogg’s Alumni Admissions Organization."

bschool2019, where did you read the above? Did you get an email or some kind of confirmation after hitting submit?

I received an email after submitting my application (before the video essays). That quote about the off-campus interviews is in that email.

I think you should be fine, especially if your portal has all the checkmarks. It does say within 4 - 6 weeks which is a substantial amount of time. I live in a fairly large city in the US so it may just have been that alumnis were available and easy to match with
Intern
Intern
B
Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2018, 10:31
bschool2019 wrote:
I received an email after submitting my application (before the video essays). That quote about the off-campus interviews is in that email.

I think you should be fine, especially if your portal has all the checkmarks. It does say within 4 - 6 weeks which is a substantial amount of time. I live in a fairly large city in the US so it may just have been that alumnis were available and easy to match with

Ah, gotcha. Thanks! I'm in NYC, so my sense of unease at the wait isn't totally abated, but appreciate the info. :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2018, 10:35
okaysoanyway wrote:
thejazeffect31 wrote:
maximlew wrote:
Hi R1 submitters:

Nope didn't receive any confirmation as such. Just received an automated 'thank you for submitting' mail immediately after clicking on submit.

The next communication was the interview assignment.

Debrief: https://gmatclub.com/forum/first-attempt-750-q50-v40-ir-8-awa-245721.html

Retired Moderator
G
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 2.6
WE: Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2018, 21:11
Hi Guys, current student here...was in your shoe recently so to clarify some questions that were asked:

Your interviewer does not see any part of your application except for your resume. Interviews are blind.

Don’t stress if you don’t have an interview assignment yet. Assignments go out all the way up to the 6 week mark for applicants that aren’t waived which will be most people, especially those located in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2018, 00:50
What areas are usually probed during the interviews? Other than the expected 'Why MBA', 'Why Kellogg' stuff?

Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q167 V164
GPA: 3.78

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2018, 08:23
For my interview which I had recently on campus they focused on the following:

- Initial explanation of my positions. Since I am a nonstandard applicant they wanted details and explanation of selectivity for each position.

- Why an MBA

- Short and long term goals

- How co-workers describe you, good and bad

- Extra cirriculars

They then switched to ask more leadership questions

- How leadership style has changed throughout career

- Explain a time where you were resilent as a leader

- Anything else we should know.

Be prepared for questions on your leadership and have some solid examples of each. Should be easy since you have your whole application to pull from so reinforcing those examples probably would help as it strengthens them with a fresh perspective. The interviewer will not be reviewing your application before or after so keep that in mind as you prepare. Of course who is interviewing you matters too. As long as you practice the questions available from the debriefs from various sites and the ones above you should do great. Best of luck to everyone going for the interview!

nishantd88 wrote:
What areas are usually probed during the interviews? Other than the expected 'Why MBA', 'Why Kellogg' stuff?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2018, 11:00
Hey guys, Chicago resident here waiting on an invite for an off-campus interview. Given that they've already started scheduling many on and off campus interviews, when do we think is the latest that will come through?
Retired Moderator
G
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 2.6
WE: Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2018, 20:33
gmatpercher wrote:
Hey guys, Chicago resident here waiting on an invite for an off-campus interview. Given that they've already started scheduling many on and off campus interviews, when do we think is the latest that will come through?

I got mine the day after waiver notifications went out. (I didn’t get a waiver notification so I was still in the “normal” process). So basically it could be awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q45 V48
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2018, 14:21
FuturePM91 wrote:
Assignments go out all the way up to the 6 week mark for applicants that aren’t waived which will be most people, especially those located in the US.

FuturePM91 is there somewhere on Kellogg's site where they mention that the interview almost everyone? I've seen many applicants saying, including my friends, that they interview everyone but can't actually confirm it.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2018, 01:10
Had my alumni interview today.

My background: Indian working in Kuala Lumpur, applying for the 1-year MBA

Interviewer was a very senior alum from 2006 batch (1-yr MBA). He is former country head of BCG Malaysia and currently EVP at a government agency.

Questions
1) Walk me through your resume
2) Explain a bit more about your current role. Type of projects, team size, your responsibilities, etc.
3) Explain rationale of career path and job choices
4) What do you like the most and hate the most about your current job?
5) Your most significant achievement
6) Short-term and long-term goals
7) Why MBA? Why Kellogg?
8) Two criticisms you have received at work and how did you work on them?
9) Example of when you led a diverse team. What did you learn?
10) Describe a situation when someone from your team wasn't giving his best. What did you do to fix it?
11) What do you think is the weakest part of your application?
12) What is unique about you as a candidate?
13) Anything you would like to discuss which was not touched?
14) Any questions about Kellogg?

Was a pretty casual interview. Lasted half an hour. Interviewer never cut my answers or cross-questioned. He asked the questions and listened to my answers, taking notes at times. Now the wait begins.

Cheers and good luck!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2018, 09:39
Anyone else who will be interviewing off campus still not get scheduled yet? Waiting a full 4-6 weeks just doesn't feel like it will leave a lot of time before decisions.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q44 V44
WE: Analyst (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2018, 09:52
gmatpercher wrote:
Anyone else who will be interviewing off campus still not get scheduled yet? Waiting a full 4-6 weeks just doesn't feel like it will leave a lot of time before decisions.

In the same boat! Looking to get an interview in the Boston area, but haven't heard anything yet.
BSchool Forum Moderator
D
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2018, 11:52
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.35

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2018, 11:57
thejazeffect31 wrote:
gmatpercher wrote:

In the same boat! Looking to get an interview in the Boston area, but haven't heard anything yet.

Chicago area applicant here! Haven't gotten anything either.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021! &nbs [#permalink] 02 Oct 2018, 11:57

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6    Next  [ 104 posts ] 

Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Gnpth

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap