Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 20:30 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 20:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GRE 1: Q164 V168
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 339 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]
jwang516 wrote:
I just received my Interview Assignment! Both exciting and scary at the same time. I thought I would have a lot more time to prepare (they said 4 - 6 weeks for offsite interviews! ha!) and I'm still in the process of completing a few other applications.

My email said I will need to complete the interview within 14 days of today. Does anyone know how stringent this deadline is? I am traveling for work the next two weeks and would love to be able to extend this deadline by a week or so.

Thanks

Congratulations, that's so exciting!! Where did they give the 4-6 week estimate, did you receive some sort of email? Anxiously awaiting word, and wondering how long after the deadline I should start worrying if I haven't heard!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V44
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
WE:Analyst (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]
Bookmarks
maximlew wrote:
Hi R1 submitters:

Did you actually receive any kind of confirmation that everything is well and that your R1 application is final and will now be checked?

Wondering the same thing- I didn't receive any confirmation that my application was complete. In the portal it shows that all my materials are in, I just didn't receive a confirmation on or around the app deadline. Did those that have received their interview invite receive any form of confirmation?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thejazeffect31 wrote:
maximlew wrote:
Hi R1 submitters:

Did you actually receive any kind of confirmation that everything is well and that your R1 application is final and will now be checked?

Wondering the same thing- I didn't receive any confirmation that my application was complete. In the portal it shows that all my materials are in, I just didn't receive a confirmation on or around the app deadline. Did those that have received their interview invite receive any form of confirmation?

Third-ed. I'm in the same boat and wondering how bad of a look it is to reach out to admissions to check.

bschool2019 wrote:
Looks like we (off-campus interviews) will be notified 4-6weeks after the application deadline

"If you request an off-campus interview, you will be notified of your assignment or waiver via email within four to six weeks from the application deadline. Off-campus interviews are conducted by members of Kellogg’s Alumni Admissions Organization."

bschool2019, where did you read the above? Did you get an email or some kind of confirmation after hitting submit?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V42
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39
GMAT 3: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
okaysoanyway wrote:
thejazeffect31 wrote:
maximlew wrote:
Hi R1 submitters:

Third-ed. I'm in the same boat and wondering how bad of a look it is to reach out to admissions to check.

bschool2019 wrote:
Looks like we (off-campus interviews) will be notified 4-6weeks after the application deadline

"If you request an off-campus interview, you will be notified of your assignment or waiver via email within four to six weeks from the application deadline. Off-campus interviews are conducted by members of Kellogg’s Alumni Admissions Organization."

bschool2019, where did you read the above? Did you get an email or some kind of confirmation after hitting submit?

I received an email after submitting my application (before the video essays). That quote about the off-campus interviews is in that email.

I think you should be fine, especially if your portal has all the checkmarks. It does say within 4 - 6 weeks which is a substantial amount of time. I live in a fairly large city in the US so it may just have been that alumnis were available and easy to match with
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bschool2019 wrote:
I received an email after submitting my application (before the video essays). That quote about the off-campus interviews is in that email.

I think you should be fine, especially if your portal has all the checkmarks. It does say within 4 - 6 weeks which is a substantial amount of time. I live in a fairly large city in the US so it may just have been that alumnis were available and easy to match with

Ah, gotcha. Thanks! I'm in NYC, so my sense of unease at the wait isn't totally abated, but appreciate the info. :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 339 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
okaysoanyway wrote:
thejazeffect31 wrote:
maximlew wrote:
Hi R1 submitters:

Nope didn't receive any confirmation as such. Just received an automated 'thank you for submitting' mail immediately after clicking on submit.

The next communication was the interview assignment.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [3]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Guys, current student here...was in your shoe recently so to clarify some questions that were asked:

Your interviewer does not see any part of your application except for your resume. Interviews are blind.

Don’t stress if you don’t have an interview assignment yet. Assignments go out all the way up to the 6 week mark for applicants that aren’t waived which will be most people, especially those located in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 339 [0]
Send PM
What areas are usually probed during the interviews? Other than the expected 'Why MBA', 'Why Kellogg' stuff?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [3]
Given Kudos: 12
GRE 1: Q167 V164
GPA: 3.78
Send PM
Kudos
For my interview which I had recently on campus they focused on the following:

- Initial explanation of my positions. Since I am a nonstandard applicant they wanted details and explanation of selectivity for each position.

- Why an MBA

- Short and long term goals

- How co-workers describe you, good and bad

- Extra cirriculars

They then switched to ask more leadership questions

- How leadership style has changed throughout career

- Explain a time where you were resilent as a leader

- Anything else we should know.

Be prepared for questions on your leadership and have some solid examples of each. Should be easy since you have your whole application to pull from so reinforcing those examples probably would help as it strengthens them with a fresh perspective. The interviewer will not be reviewing your application before or after so keep that in mind as you prepare. Of course who is interviewing you matters too. As long as you practice the questions available from the debriefs from various sites and the ones above you should do great. Best of luck to everyone going for the interview!

nishantd88 wrote:
What areas are usually probed during the interviews? Other than the expected 'Why MBA', 'Why Kellogg' stuff?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
NVM

Originally posted by gmatpercher on 27 Sep 2018, 11:00.
Last edited by gmatpercher on 15 Nov 2018, 11:00, edited 1 time in total.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
gmatpercher wrote:
Hey guys, Chicago resident here waiting on an invite for an off-campus interview. Given that they've already started scheduling many on and off campus interviews, when do we think is the latest that will come through?

I got mine the day after waiver notifications went out. (I didn’t get a waiver notification so I was still in the “normal” process). So basically it could be awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 750 Q45 V48
GPA: 3
Send PM
FuturePM91 wrote:
Assignments go out all the way up to the 6 week mark for applicants that aren’t waived which will be most people, especially those located in the US.

FuturePM91 is there somewhere on Kellogg's site where they mention that the interview almost everyone? I've seen many applicants saying, including my friends, that they interview everyone but can't actually confirm it.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 339 [4]
Send PM
Kudos