GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Oct 2018, 06:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Retired Moderator
G
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 2.6
WE: Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2018, 19:40
withalittlehelp wrote:
FuturePM91 wrote:
Assignments go out all the way up to the 6 week mark for applicants that aren’t waived which will be most people, especially those located in the US.

FuturePM91 is there somewhere on Kellogg's site where they mention that the interview almost everyone? I've seen many applicants saying, including my friends, that they interview everyone but can't actually confirm it.

Hi! I am not sure if it says so on the site anywhere but I can confirm that they do interview upwards of 80% of candidates. As many as possible. However even though they interview 80%+ it’s highly dependent upon location. Particularly the number of available alums in your area. If there aren’t that many alums in your area the % could’ve much lower.

Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2018, 09:26
Oscar73 wrote:
thejazeffect31 wrote:
gmatpercher wrote:
Anyone else who will be interviewing off campus still not get scheduled yet? Waiting a full 4-6 weeks just doesn't feel like it will leave a lot of time before decisions.

In the same boat! Looking to get an interview in the Boston area, but haven't heard anything yet.

Chicago area applicant here! Haven't gotten anything either.

NYC, still awaiting word!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q45 V48
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2018, 12:58
FuturePM91 thanks for your help!
Intern
Intern
B
Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2018, 17:35
I just got an interview invite about 40 mins ago, 4:57pm PST, for the Los Angeles area! I am so excited! :D

edit: MMM applicant here.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2018, 17:45
BryantCabrera wrote:
I just got an interview invite about 40 mins ago, 4:57pm PST, for the Los Angeles area! I am so excited! :D

Same here, and also MMM! Best of luck!!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2018, 17:56
okaysoanyway wrote:
BryantCabrera wrote:

Same here, and also MMM! Best of luck!!

Thank you, best of luck to you too! :D
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2018, 00:04
Just got at interview invite here in the Philippines!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.35

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2018, 13:32
Got my interview assignment yesterday around 7pm CT! Since I'm in the Chicago area, my interview will be off-campus with an alum.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V49
GPA: 3.5
WE: Corporate Finance (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2018, 10:04
I feel stupid for requesting an interview in my home town. Even though it is a European capital, I expect there to be few if any alumni. Would you recommend to indicate that I'd be willing to interview elsewhere (say, London) or wait until I potentially get an interview waiver?
Stratus Admissions Consultant
P
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2018, 13:11
danpo wrote:
I feel stupid for requesting an interview in my home town. Even though it is a European capital, I expect there to be few if any alumni. Would you recommend to indicate that I'd be willing to interview elsewhere (say, London) or wait until I potentially get an interview waiver?

Don't beat yourself up about this-- but if you want to let them know that you are open to interviewing elsewhere-- go ahead and share this with the admissions team.

Donna | Stratus Admissions | Schedule a Free Consult

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2018, 16:04
maged1893 wrote:
Just got at interview invite here in the Philippines!

Congrats kasama, I'm Filipino too, but from America :D
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2018, 22:44
Has any Indian residing in India got a call for Interview ?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2018, 05:53
Its so hard to wait 2 months after the interview to know the result! I had only two days to prepare and I was a bit nervous because it was my first MBA interview, somehow it felt waaay more important than any job interview before. Crossing fingers until december here!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2018, 00:56
bhanu88 wrote:

Yes , I had mine yesterday . Adcom scheduled one for me in London but I had to cancel that cause I had to fly out urgently , within 48 hrs they scheduled one over Skype ! I guess you might want to follow up with Adcom .

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE: General Management (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2018, 20:13
Hello,

Did your interview was fully in English?

Best,

mandcampos wrote:
Its so hard to wait 2 months after the interview to know the result! I had only two days to prepare and I was a bit nervous because it was my first MBA interview, somehow it felt waaay more important than any job interview before. Crossing fingers until december here!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2018, 23:00
Yes all in english

BSchool Forum Moderator
G
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE: Design (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2018, 22:47
VN26 wrote:
bhanu88 wrote:

Yes , I had mine yesterday . Adcom scheduled one for me in London but I had to cancel that cause I had to fly out urgently , within 48 hrs they scheduled one over Skype ! I guess you might want to follow up with Adcom .

If your interview was scheduled in London, how were you residing in India? :think: You read the question properly, right? I guess there's a communication gap here. Can you please clear the air? Was London your first interview location preference? Also, which city in India are you based out of? Also, if you are done with your interview, do you mind posting your interview debrief and experience to help others? :)

12345aBcDeFgHiJkLmNoPqRsTuVwXyZ67890

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 740 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.8
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2018, 23:58
bhanu88 wrote:

Waiting for the call with fingers crossed.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2018, 00:32
DigitsnLetters wrote:
VN26 wrote:
bhanu88 wrote:

If your interview was scheduled in London, how were you residing in India? :think: You read the question properly, right? I guess there's a communication gap here. Can you please clear the air? Was London your first interview location preference? Also, which city in India are you based out of? Also, if you are done with your interview, do you mind posting your interview debrief and experience to help others? :)

Yes I’m sure I read it properly. Let me rephrase it for you :
1. I am an Indian living in London .
2. I had an interview slot in London as I requested earlier on my application
3. Unfortunately just before the interview, I had to leave UK to go to India for work
4. I informed the adcom and interviewer of my unavailability.
4. After reaching india I requested them to reschedule and within 48 hrs of me reaching india they did exactly that
5. This time it was over Skype and not in person .
5. Hence my advice : contact Adcom
BSchool Forum Moderator
G
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE: Design (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2018, 03:49
VN26 wrote:
Yes I’m sure I read it properly. Let me rephrase it for you :
1. I am an Indian living in London .
2. I had an interview slot in London as I requested earlier on my application
3. Unfortunately just before the interview, I had to leave UK to go to India for work
4. I informed the adcom and interviewer of my unavailability.
4. After reaching india I requested them to reschedule and within 48 hrs of me reaching india they did exactly that
5. This time it was over Skype and not in person .
5. Hence my advice : contact Adcom

Thank you for the clarification. Here's what I can interpret:
1. You had requested for an off-campus interview (apparently, London was your top choice)
2. You were in London when you were extended an interview invite. So ideally, you were not in India.
3. Since you were already extended an interview invitation, on your request Kellogg obliged by extending you a Skype interview.
4. This means that they could not immediately arrange for an alum to interview (don't tell me you are in Mumbai :crazy:).
5. Moreover, this means that still no one residing in India has heard from Kellogg.
6. My take: yes Indian applicants can contact the Adcoms, but they will receive a generic reply that the invites are still going out and that they stay tuned for updates.

Wish you all the very best bud :thumbup:

P.S. I hope this will calm the nerves of Indian applicants residing in India :)

12345aBcDeFgHiJkLmNoPqRsTuVwXyZ67890

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021! &nbs [#permalink] 15 Oct 2018, 03:49

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6    Next  [ 116 posts ] 

Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Gnpth

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap