GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 27 Jan 2020, 12:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!

new topic post reply Update application status  
BSchool Moderator
G
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Marketing (Computer Software)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2019, 21:58
Since there's no fixed window in which the invites roll out, I'd say that no word yet may not indicate much. They might simply be trying to find an alumnus to interview you (in case you opted for that) or there could be an order in which they are rolling out the invites (I have no information or basis to validate or nullify this). In either case, no word won't necessarily indicate a negative outcome since it's still early in the process. Hang in there! :)

alyssaposk wrote:
Hi all - any insight as to what no word at all from Kellogg yet means? I submitted on 9/10 and am located in Atlanta - I see that some people in Atlanta do appear to have been contacted.

Posted from my mobile device

Is Berkeley Haas your dream school?
Join the applicant conversation on this thread.

My GMAT debrief: 12 weeks to 720 --> 3 weeks to 750
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2019, 23:58
I am from India and I applied on deadline day. I got an invitation today to schedule a Skype interview on either 7th or 8th October (quite the short notice).
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2019, 06:56
alyssaposk wrote:
Hi all - any insight as to what no word at all from Kellogg yet means? I submitted on 9/10 and am located in Atlanta - I see that some people in Atlanta do appear to have been contacted.

Hi! Also in Atlanta. I wouldn’t really read into it at this stage. We’re less than 4 weeks out from the deadline, and they’re probably just doing it based on alumni availability when they receive your completed application.

I also get the sense they’re aren’t many alumni in Atlanta, so they could be waiting to send out Skype invites. Again, since they try to interview every applicant, I wouldn't worry!

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2019, 09:05
A new Kellogg Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/kellogg-191/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1030
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Kellogg '22 (A)

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2019, 18:04
I received an email from kellogg AO with a title called "Connecting you with Kellogg". says She will "call me this week or early next week to learn more about my interest in Kellogg". Do you guys know what the call will be about? I have not recieved the interview invitation yet...Thanks!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.97

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2019, 18:08
goformba2020 wrote:
I received an email from kellogg AO with a title called "Connecting you with Kellogg". says She will "call me this week or early next week to learn more about my interest in Kellogg". Do you guys know what the call will be about? I have not recieved the interview invitation yet...Thanks!

I received it and had my call yesterday. It was pretty informal. Discussed my interest in Kellogg, how I was considering different business schools, and just learned more about me as a candidate. Also gave me the opportunity to ask some questions at the end.

I'm not sure why some people receive this email and others do not. It did feel like there were times during the call where the AO was trying to slide in selling points and differentiators, so take that as you will.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2019, 18:16
kvatl1234 wrote:
goformba2020 wrote:

I received it and had my call yesterday. It was pretty informal. Discussed my interest in Kellogg, how I was considering different business schools, and just learned more about me as a candidate. Also gave me the opportunity to ask some questions at the end.

I'm not sure why some people receive this email and others do not. It did feel like there were times during the call where the AO was trying to slide in selling points and differentiators, so take that as you will.

Thanks for your reply! So is this a positive sign somehow? and how long does the call last?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.97

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2019, 20:46
goformba2020 wrote:
kvatl1234 wrote:
goformba2020 wrote:

Thanks for your reply! So is this a positive sign somehow? and how long does the call last?

I think it's more likely a positive sign than not, but can't say for certain. It lasted ~20 minutes (15 minutes with 5 at the end for questions). I would give yourself up to 30 minutes for the call though to be safe.
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.99

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2019, 21:37
Hi!
I also got the invitation for the non-evaluated call from admission com.

I applied for the R1 and already did the interview with the alumni.

I'm in SEA though.

Just wanna know what this call is about. Someone told me that it is to test my English skill...
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2019, 00:15
kvatl1234 wrote:
goformba2020 wrote:

I received this email yesterday. Just curious- did they set up a time before calling?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2019, 03:02
kalraswati wrote:
kvatl1234 wrote:
goformba2020 wrote:

I received this email yesterday. Just curious- did they set up a time before calling?

They did. I got the email saying they will call me this Saturday morning.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2019, 03:03
Helloitsmesub wrote:
Hi!
I also got the invitation for the non-evaluated call from admission com.

I applied for the R1 and already did the interview with the alumni.

I'm in SEA though.

Just wanna know what this call is about. Someone told me that it is to test my English skill...

Really? I thought the video essay has already tested the English skills...
BSchool Moderator
G
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
WE: Marketing (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2019, 03:25
Any perspectives on what these 'non-evaluative' calls could mean, from current Kellogg students, alumni, or people who've interviewed at Kellogg before, would be much appreciated! As someone who's not received such a call, I don't know whether to feel happy or sad or remain neutral! :| :|

Is Berkeley Haas your dream school?
Join the applicant conversation on this thread.

My GMAT debrief: 12 weeks to 720 --> 3 weeks to 750
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: LBS '22 (S)
GPA: 3.83
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2019, 07:04
Hi,

Just wondering what is a good answer for number 9? Do you follow that up with "i'm working on this said weakness"?

Sowmya Kora wrote:
I was interviewed by an alum and the interviewer was very warm and friendly. The whole interview lasted for 30-40 minutes and he asked me the below standard questions.

1. Walk me through your resume
2. Which was your favorite work experience among all the jobs you held
3. Best achievement at work?
4. The time when you led a team and things did not go well
5. Time when you worked with a diverse team
6. Tell me about the constructive feedback you have received
7. Strengths
8. If you could redo, will you choose a different career path?
9. What do you think your weakness is in the whole application?
10. What type of leader are you?
11. How would your colleagues describe you? in three words?
12. What's your leadership style?
13. Time when you were not a designated team lead but had to lead the team? What were the reasons?
14. Why Kellogg?
15. Short and long term goals?
16. What clubs will you join in Kellogg?
17. How do you see yourself contributing to the class?
18. Do you want to add anything else?
19. Questions for me?
CBS School Moderator
S
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.67
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2019, 11:28
nyc20 wrote:
Hi,

Just wondering what is a good answer for number 9? Do you follow that up with "i'm working on this said weakness"?

I got asked about a personal weakness, not just application, but still similar question. I don't think there is a "right" or "good" answer, answer truthfully. Then try to explain that you are aware of this weakness and either are currently or planning on working on it. I think a huge sign of maturity is being able to clearly identify a small area of weakness and have some example to back it up.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Health Care)

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2019, 12:23
A new Kellogg Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/kellogg-191/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1032
Manager
Manager
B
Schools: LBS '22 (I)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.35

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2019, 23:07
Hello fellas, I’m getting worried. There are many people on my city got the interview invite, many of those submitted later than I did. Does the adcom roll out interview invitations based on some rules, maybe alphabetically? Or am I done?

Kellogg School Moderator
B
GRE 1: Q170 V164

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2019, 23:23
Not alphabetically for sure. I got my invite in 27th Sep.

However, since I was traveling I asked for a reschedule.

They agreed to the same on 30th, and then never got back. I wrote to them twice and no response.

I am starting to get worried too.

Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.65
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2019, 05:58
Hoagie wrote:
Hello fellas, I’m getting worried. There are many people on my city got the interview invite, many of those submitted later than I did. Does the adcom roll out interview invitations based on some rules, maybe alphabetically? Or am I done?

I wouldn’t worry - all alums told me Kellogg interviews everyone. I genuinely think its because there is not enough match yet. Given the deadline was just not long ago, they wouldnt have enough time to review everyones application and decide that you are not qualified for interview. Good luck to all of us!!!
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2019, 06:27
Dont want to burst anyone's bubble. But its a lie that Kellogg interviews everyone. They "try to" interview everyone but sometimes because of limited off-campus interviewer availability, they cant.

I requested an off-campus interview last year, got an interview waiver after 6 weeks and was eventually rejected. And I live in a big metropolitian city in the United States and found it hard to believe that there weren't many alumni interviewers in my city.

Didn't want to risk that again this year and hence signed up for on-campus.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!   [#permalink] 10 Oct 2019, 06:27

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  17    Next  [ 330 posts ] 

Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Lekoben, tanmay1392