GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 21 Jan 2020, 21:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2019, 15:12
variantguy yes, I see what you mean. I took this to mean that interview invites will be released within 6 weeks. It may be earlier (hence the 4 weeks) but you should expect some news within that timeframe. Of course, in the past they’ve released invites at the end of September, so it could be before the 4-week mark. Overall, I believe they release the invites based on alumni availability (assuming you opted for that in your application) and thus your location might impact this.

I see your point about earlier interviewees getting an apparent “advantage” over later ones because it seems like a positive indicator from admissions. But I really do think that since Kellogg tries to interview everyone (save for some circumstances), you probably shouldn’t view the timing of your invite as a reflection of anything more than the interviewer’s availability. Just my opinion based on what I’ve heard from past applicants, but others should feel free to chime in if they feel differently!

This is all to say that you probably shouldn’t stress about interview invites between now and the 4-to-6-week mark. Just take a moment, relax, and celebrate submitting your application!

And to answer your last question: Nope, not interviewing on campus! I actually visited over Labor Day Weekend, so it was tough to take time from work to go back to campus so soon after.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2019, 15:16
fatmike what exactly did you find disheartening in the newest batch of numbers? I thought it was overall fairly positive (from an applicant’s perspective) since apps fell 16% and the average GMAT fell 2 points.

Booth Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2019, 15:24
[quote="coltaylo94"]fatmike what exactly did you find disheartening in the newest batch of numbers? I thought it was overall fairly positive (from an applicant’s perspective) since apps fell 16% and the average GMAT fell 2 points.

https://poetsandquants.com/2019/09/20/n ... admissions

There’s a reason numbers are down. Kellogg has diluted their brand to a point beyond repair. When you really think about the one year MBA program, that was the nail in the coffin. If you don’t get into the full time program... just do one of the other ones and you’ll have the same piece of paper at the end. The Kellogg MBA can’t compete with the other M7s, especially with Booth down the road. Sorry to be blunt. Planned on submitting, but decided against it.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2019, 15:51
Wow, okay so I completely disagree with almost everything you said, but that’s not the point. This is a thread for Kellogg applicants. If you aren’t applying to Kellogg and have no intention of doing so, please refrain from posting hostile comments about the school and its brand on this thread.

Best of luck with your other applications!

Booth Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2019, 15:59
[quote="coltaylo94"]Wow, okay so I completely disagree with almost everything you said, but that’s not the point. This is a thread for Kellogg applicants. If you aren’t applying to Kellogg and have no intention of doing so, please refrain from posting hostile comments about the school and its brand on this thread.

Best of luck with your other applications!

Sorry you’re offended. You asked me a question and I replied. Have a nice day! Good luck.

BSchool Moderator
G
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
WE: Marketing (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2019, 05:51
Yeah, I agree that logistics would be a big factor considering they try to schedule an interview for everyone. On the plus side, as you said, there's more time to relax and prepare even!

All the best for the next phase!

coltaylo94 wrote:
variantguy yes, I see what you mean. I took this to mean that interview invites will be released within 6 weeks. It may be earlier (hence the 4 weeks) but you should expect some news within that timeframe. Of course, in the past they’ve released invites at the end of September, so it could be before the 4-week mark. Overall, I believe they release the invites based on alumni availability (assuming you opted for that in your application) and thus your location might impact this.

I see your point about earlier interviewees getting an apparent “advantage” over later ones because it seems like a positive indicator from admissions. But I really do think that since Kellogg tries to interview everyone (save for some circumstances), you probably shouldn’t view the timing of your invite as a reflection of anything more than the interviewer’s availability. Just my opinion based on what I’ve heard from past applicants, but others should feel free to chime in if they feel differently!

This is all to say that you probably shouldn’t stress about interview invites between now and the 4-to-6-week mark. Just take a moment, relax, and celebrate submitting your application!

Is Berkeley Haas your dream school?
Join the applicant conversation on this thread.

My GMAT debrief: 12 weeks to 720 --> 3 weeks to 750
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE: Advertising (Advertising and PR)

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2019, 15:58
I got my interview invite today! I'm pretty surprised at how fast it was considering I only submitted the video responses on 9/20 and they said it would be 4-6 weeks, but I guess since I am in New York it was easy to find someone to match me with.

Best of luck to everyone!!
BSchool Moderator
G

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2019, 04:23
Wow, congratulations mbagirl2020! That was indeed very quick!

All the best for your interview! :thumbup:

mbagirl2020 wrote:
I got my interview invite today! I'm pretty surprised at how fast it was considering I only submitted the video responses on 9/20 and they said it would be 4-6 weeks, but I guess since I am in New York it was easy to find someone to match me with.

Best of luck to everyone!!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2019, 05:30
Received an interview invite with an alum last night as well! I'm located in Atlanta.

Looks like they released invitations in a batch based on interviewer availability.
BSchool Moderator
G

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2019, 10:03
Congratulations, and all the best for the interview!

What you said about interviewer availability is quite possible, and would make sense too!

I'm located in Chennai, India, so I think it would definitely take much longer to find an available alum around here (if they can find anyone at all). I first thought of opting for Bangalore as I felt it might be easier to find an alum there, but then the potential prospect of having to make a day trip >600kms on a weekday/take a couple of days off from work didn't seem realistic.

coltaylo94 wrote:
Received an interview invite with an alum last night as well! I'm located in Atlanta.

Looks like they released invitations in a batch based on interviewer availability.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2019, 10:45
variantguy thank you!

I think in your case, it's understandable why you're opting to interview in your city as opposed to traveling such a long distance at short notice. I don't think the adcom expect applicants to do something so intensive--both in terms of time and money--and they certainly won't penalize you for being honest about your interview preferences.

Also, unsure if you've already seen this, but since you're in India, this was posted a couple of years ago and will probably be helpful: https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all-kellogg-mba-applicants-2018-intake-class-of-242005-200.html#p1935922.

Best of luck!
Kellogg School Moderator
B
GRE 1: Q170 V164

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2019, 08:50
Located in India.

Got my interview invite (to be scheduled through skype) today!

Did anyone else from India hear?
BSchool Moderator
G

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2019, 11:11
Hey tanmay1392, I'm from India as well. I also received a Skype interview invite today.

All the best for your interview! :)

tanmay1392 wrote:
Located in India.

Got my interview invite (to be scheduled through skype) today!

Did anyone else from India hear?

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2019, 15:09
Anyone else get a reach out from admissions about a "non evaluative" phone call next week? Curious what to expect? Wondering what's prompting the call or if this is run of the mill for Kellogg?

For context submitted app for the R1 deadline and scheduled for an on-campus interview.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE: Advertising (Advertising and PR)

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2019, 15:26
2020dc wrote:
Anyone else get a reach out from admissions about a "non evaluative" phone call next week? Curious what to expect? Wondering what's prompting the call or if this is run of the mill for Kellogg?

For context submitted app for the R1 deadline and scheduled for an on-campus interview.

I just got this also! Not sure what to expect either. For reference, I also submitted for R1 but am scheduled for an off-campus interview.

Kellogg School Moderator
B
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2019, 17:35
2020dc wrote:

I didn't get this and now I'm a bit worried haha, although I did talk with admissions about a month ago on a call.
CBS School Moderator
S
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.67
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2019, 08:12
1) I also got an email about a call with admissions early/mid this week. If anyone has had this any guidance would be appreciated, otherwise I will update after mine. Email says it is "non-evaluative"

2) For alumni interview, is it the wrong move to add my GMAT score (a high point of my app) to my resume, since that is all the alumn will see? Seems like it could come across wrong, but also it is a strong point of my application. I'm leaning towards no because the interview seems more targeted at personality
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.5
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2019, 08:19
Hey wraider84, from what I know, GMAT score must go on your resume. Put it up there.

Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2019, 11:37
wraider84 wrote:
1) I also got an email about a call with admissions early/mid this week. If anyone has had this any guidance would be appreciated, otherwise I will update after mine. Email says it is "non-evaluative"

2) For alumni interview, is it the wrong move to add my GMAT score (a high point of my app) to my resume, since that is all the alumn will see? Seems like it could come across wrong, but also it is a strong point of my application. I'm leaning towards no because the interview seems more targeted at personality

Has anyone delimited who is getting these non evaluative call invites? Where did you receive these invites?

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.86
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2019, 13:10
Can ya'll let us know what happens in these non-evaluative calls?

Also with regard to the video essays, does anyone know how much weight they have in the application process?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!   [#permalink] 30 Sep 2019, 13:10

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  15    Next  [ 299 posts ] 

Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Lekoben, tanmay1392