GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 11 Aug 2020, 14:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Intern
Intern
Schools: Johnson '22 (I)
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 4
WE:Corporate Finance (Telecommunications)
Intern
Intern
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
CBS School Moderator
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.67
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.86
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Booth Moderator
Schools: Booth '22 (M)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Invited to Interview
08 Sep, 2019
31 Oct 2019, 06:54
Alohomora GMAT: 720, Q49, V39; GPA: 3; WE: 60 months; Singapore; via Email
Skype Interview [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants (2020 Intake) Class of 2022! [#permalink]
mazenosman unfortunately, fatmike is (likely) correct. Based on interview waivers from prior years, this looks like boilerplate language, so I wouldn't take it literally. An interview (either on-campus, off-campus, or Skype) is required for admission.

The reason I say likely is that sometimes adcom will send out interview waivers to regions with high demand (China, India, etc.), review applications, and then send Skype invites out, which is what you've referred to. Not saying this won't happen in your case (certainly hope it does!), but this isn't that common outside of these high demand regions and generally interview waivers are not great news.
Manager
Manager
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants (2020 Intake) Class of 2022! [#permalink]
I received a waiver last year - there were a few of us in the United States - none of whom got Skype invitations and all of whom were ultimately rejected.

I certainly hope that isnt the case for you. If you do get invited, post on the site to give others in similar positions some hope.

Good luck and fingers crossed for you.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Duke '22 (A$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Hi All,

I have a question concerning interview scheduling for those who applied in R1. The website says you can schedule an interview after a completed application is submitted. When exactly does Kellogg consider your application complete:

1. Once you submit your materials and pay? That is letters of recommendation may still be outstanding.
2. All materials are in, including letters of recommendation, BUT you have not done the video essay. That is can you schedule an interview in the two day gap between application deadline and video essay deadline?
3. ALL materials are in AND you have also submitted your video essays?
BSchool Moderator
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
WE:Marketing (Computer Software)
Sharing the verbatim answer to this from the email I received upon submitting my application in R1:

"If you requested an on-campus interview, a link will be made available on your status portal after you have paid your application fee. Please use this link to schedule your interview. Interview slots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. All on-campus interviews must be scheduled within 48 hours of the application deadline for each round. Interviews not scheduled by the appropriate deadline will be waived."

So, looks like it will be scenario 1 from your list. Hope this helps!

ricyan11 wrote:
Hi All,

I have a question concerning interview scheduling for those who applied in R1. The website says you can schedule an interview after a completed application is submitted. When exactly does Kellogg consider your application complete:

1. Once you submit your materials and pay? That is letters of recommendation may still be outstanding.
2. All materials are in, including letters of recommendation, BUT you have not done the video essay. That is can you schedule an interview in the two day gap between application deadline and video essay deadline?

Is Berkeley Haas your dream school?
Join the applicant conversation on this thread.

My GMAT debrief: 12 weeks to 720 --> 3 weeks to 750
Intern
Intern
Schools: Duke '22 (A$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Thanks, variant. Can I assume that you submitted your application before your recommenders submitted their letters?

variantguy wrote:
Sharing the verbatim answer to this from the email I received upon submitting my application in R1:

"If you requested an on-campus interview, a link will be made available on your status portal after you have paid your application fee. Please use this link to schedule your interview. Interview slots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. All on-campus interviews must be scheduled within 48 hours of the application deadline for each round. Interviews not scheduled by the appropriate deadline will be waived."

ricyan11 wrote:
Hi All,

BSchool Moderator
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
WE:Marketing (Computer Software)
No, actually I submitted the complete application by the deadline, including the two LoRs. But I think the link to schedule interview will be available to you as soon as you make the payment. I don't remember if you can proceed to the payment link without both the recommendations submitted, so you'll have to check that for yourself. Sorry about that! Hope this helps!

ricyan11 wrote:
Thanks, variant. Can I assume that you submitted your application before your recommenders submitted their letters?

variantguy wrote:

ricyan11 wrote:
Hi All,

Posted from my mobile device

Is Berkeley Haas your dream school?
Join the applicant conversation on this thread.

My GMAT debrief: 12 weeks to 720 --> 3 weeks to 750
Kellogg School Moderator
GRE 1: Q170 V164
Recommendations have nothing to do with payment.

You can pay soon as you complete your part of application - which includes registering your recommenders.

Some schools like Booth give an extra week for your recommenders AFTER the deadline.

Manager
Manager
I was able to schedule my interview even when both recommenders had not submitted their letters.

Also each school has a different grace period for recommenders. Kellogg told me my recommenders had to submit the letters 2 days after deadline

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  53   
Moderators:
Kellogg School Moderator
58 posts
Kellogg School Moderator
79 posts
BSchool Moderator
39 posts
Feedback