GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Feb 2019, 14:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in February
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Choosing the Right B-School

February 20, 2019

February 20, 2019

06:00 PM EST

07:00 PM EST

Which MBA program is right for me? How can I find the best fit? An experienced senior consultant from our partner MBA admissions consulting firm, mbaMission, will help prospective MBAs understand the differences that exist among top MBA programs.
  • GMAT vs GRE - Insider Insights and Tips to Help You Decide

February 20, 2019

February 20, 2019

12:00 PM EST

01:00 PM EST

Planning to apply to business school? Don't know which standardized test to take? Noodle Pros experts will discuss the nitty gritty of the GMAT vs GRE. Monday, Feb. 11th at 12 PM and 7 PM ET

Calling All Paris HEC MBA Applicants: January 2020 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.2
Re: Calling All Paris HEC MBA Applicants: January 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2019, 23:37
Dino732 wrote:
The decision tracker does not seem to function properly. I have tried multiple times to update my info to 'Application submitted' but it just refuses to update the table.

Didn’t work for me either for HEC Paris. Weird!

I then saw that the info is wrong on others in this thread too, so didn’t bother ;)
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.8
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2019, 11:58
Hi Guys,

I am also an applicant for Jan 2020 intake. I applied in R1, already finished both my alumni interviews last week, and looking forward to results this week (hopefully since they promise results 5 weeks from the deadline).
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: HEC '22
GMAT 1: 600 Q48 V25
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2019, 04:35
Hello Everybody, especially those who have applied in Round 2 for Jan 2020 intake. I just got to know that the pre-selection jury for Round 2 will be held on two days, this friday 8 February and next wednesday 13 February. Fingers crossed for all of us!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.8
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2019, 09:01
Just received an admit call :)

If there's a group for Jan 2020 admits, please let me know.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2019, 06:22
Dino732 wrote:
Hello Everybody, especially those who have applied in Round 2 for Jan 2020 intake. I just got to know that the pre-selection jury for Round 2 will be held on two days, this friday 8 February and next wednesday 13 February. Fingers crossed for all of us!

Hi, did you ask AdCom about this ?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2019, 06:57
zinzin wrote:
Dino732 wrote:

Hi, not the adcom directly. I spoke to the admissions manager.
I am waiting anxiously for their decision :)
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2019, 09:07
Dino732 wrote:
zinzin wrote:
Dino732 wrote:

Hi, not the adcom directly. I spoke to the admissions manager.
I am waiting anxiously for their decision :)

No luck today I guess. All the best !
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2019, 12:30
Me neither. :(

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2019, 13:23
Hey guys, just chill. It is very likely that results of the jury meetings may come either (i) one business day after each meeting - after all, they have to summarize the discussion and organize the outcomes to sent out emails - or (ii) after both meetings happen, because they might want to gather all candidates, compare and select the ones they really want to talk with, no?
I know waiting is nerve wrecking, especially after we have some dates set up, but it is better to stay positive throughout the process. ;)
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2019, 01:02
Hi,

Did anyone,who applied on R2, receive an interview call?

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2019, 01:11
adeetya007 wrote:
Hi,

As per Dino732 & njesus posts earlier in this thread, I understand that the pre-selection jury might still be looking into our applications. I plan to give it time till this Friday before I start pressing the panic button :)
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2019, 01:49
moosicalbovine wrote:
adeetya007 wrote:
Hi,

As per Dino732 & njesus posts earlier in this thread, I understand that the pre-selection jury might still be looking into our applications. I plan to give it time till this Friday before I start pressing the panic button :)

I agree. No one in this thread seems to have received a response yet. Plus, I think the pre-selection was split over these two days (Friday and tomorow, wednesday). So I think we should all receive responses tomorrow evening onwards.
Plus, HEC also says in their official response on application submission, that they reply back within two weeks of the deadline => that is this friday.

So, the wait continues.....
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Hospitality and Tourism)
Calling All Paris HEC MBA Applicants: January 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2019, 08:07
Hi All,

I received a response from HEC Paris today, that

"We have received all the required elements of your application. It will now be submitted for pre-selection.

You will receive an answer regarding your pre-selection status at least two weeks before the next admission jury decision date. "

Does this mean that I am being considered for this round with admission results by 8th March or this means that I have been moved to April decision deadline ?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2019, 23:28
iamaditya1988 wrote:
Hi All,

"We have received all the required elements of your application. It will now be submitted for pre-selection.
You will receive an answer regarding your pre-selection status at least two weeks before the next admission jury decision date. "
Does this mean that I am being considered for this round with admission results by 8th March or this means that I have been moved to April decision deadline ?
Thanks

Hey,
This means they have all your documents.
I got a message saying they do not have all my docs. My references had not sent their recommendations, so I contacted them and now it is done.

The pre-selection jury is today. I think there would be another message at the end of the jury telling us whether our candidature advances to the interviews or not. That is the main message.

By the way, I had a question, in your application, which GMAT score report did you upload? I had uploaded the report I received a week after my test (via gmat's website). HEC, in their message yesterday, said they want the 'Test Taker's score report' (that paper we get immediately after completing the test). I have searched for hours but I am unable to find that paper. Plus HEC confirmed that they did receive my scores from GMAC...
So I am yet to receive the 'all documents received message'.

Today is the big day, fingers crossed!
INSEAD Thread Master
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2019, 23:41
Dino732 wrote:
I submitted my application on 30 January. Fingers crossed.

Good luck moosicalbovine (haha) Dino732 andspetznaz

http://mbaprepcoach.com

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

INSEAD Thread Master
D

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2019, 23:49
Dino732 wrote:
iamaditya1988 wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks

Hey,
I got a message saying they do not have all my docs. My references had not sent their recommendations, so I contacted them and now it is done.

The pre-selection jury is today. I think there would be another message at the end of the jury telling us whether our candidature advances to the interviews or not. That is the main message.

By the way, I had a question, in your application, which GMAT score report did you upload? I had uploaded the report I received a week after my test (via gmat's website). HEC, in their message yesterday, said they want the 'Test Taker's score report' (that paper we get immediately after completing the test). I have searched for hours but I am unable to find that paper. Plus HEC confirmed that they did receive my scores from GMAC...

Dino732 I don't quite understand, it's sounds like they did receive your scores... do you believe that you did not receive the all documents email because it was not the specific test takers report?

I believe they ask for that one specifically because you should have that on your person at the time you're applying, whereas with the other who knows the person could have taken the test moments before submitting.

Farrell Dyan

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Hospitality and Tourism)
Calling All Paris HEC MBA Applicants: January 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 13 Feb 2019, 00:00
Dino732 wrote:
iamaditya1988 wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks

Hey,

I submitted the report that GMAC sends in the mail.
I believe the mail that they send you is a generic one and asks you to cross check all the documents. In my case, also, the recommendation was missing but the mail stated that one or more documents are missing.
If you have submitted the report that GMAC sends on your mail then it should be fine I guess.
All the best for your application. Dino732

Originally posted by iamaditya1988 on 12 Feb 2019, 23:53.
Last edited by iamaditya1988 on 13 Feb 2019, 00:00, edited 3 times in total.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2019, 23:55
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Dino732 I don't quite understand, it's sounds like they did receive your scores... do you believe that you did not receive the all documents email because it was not the specific test takers report?

I believe they ask for that one specifically because you should have that on your person at the time you're applying, whereas with the other who knows the person could have taken the test moments before submitting.

http://mbaprepcoach.com[/quote]

Yes, they have received my scores. They do not have that paper that I received immediately after my test. I am unable to find it myself, have searched for it all evening yesterday.
I do not know how critical this would turn out to be. I have written to them about it last night, they should reply this morning.
INSEAD Thread Master
D

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2019, 23:57
gmatenthureturns wrote:
Just received an admit call :)

If there's a group for Jan 2020 admits, please let me know.
Big congrats gmatenthureturns! Do you plan to matriculate or waiting on other results? Unfortunately I do not have any information about admitted students groups.

Can you share a bit about yourself, your interview experience, why you think you were accepted?

Farrell Dyan

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2019, 00:11
iamaditya1988 wrote:
I submitted the report that GMAC sends in the mail.
I believe the mail that they send you is a generic one and asks you to cross check all the documents. In my case, also, the recommendation was missing but the mail stated that one or more documents are missing.
If you have submitted the report that GMAC sends on your mail then it should be fine I guess.
All the best for your application.

Thanks for your message iamaditya1988. In that case, it should be fine. The GMAC report has all my scores.
In this case, their reminder was just for my recommendations, I got that done last evening.
I hope to get their confirmation soon.
Thank you and all the best for your application too! :)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Paris HEC MBA Applicants: January 2020 Intake   [#permalink] 13 Feb 2019, 00:11

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 69 posts ] 

Calling All Paris HEC MBA Applicants: January 2020 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: gmatexam439

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap