GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 28 Jan 2020, 02:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Ross Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Re: Calling all Ross Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 14:36
Did you apply in R2? If so, they already sent out interview invites :( If no invite, WL or Ding.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2016, 08:11
TravelArchitect8 wrote:
tchankwes wrote:
mehuldixit wrote:
Hey tchankwes, could you explain what you mean? Have you been invited to interview? Or are u saying u haven't been invited to interview and they will be reviewing ur application now and may send u an interview invite in the coming weeks. Do clarify if you can.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

They just started reviewing. I'm not sure when the deadline for sending invites is, but i know they just started looking at my files.

Tchankwes I think the reason people are asking questions in response to your statement about being patient is because the Ross Admissions Blog shared that on the 22nd they released the final wave of interview invites for Round 2. So people are wondering if you've received an interview invitation, because if not they are probably hoping there are multiple files still being reviewed (and thus maybe still can receive one-off interview invites).

It's only on the 20th that they confirmed receiving my application, and i'm a second round applicant. I would hope that in a couple of days my fate was decided ... wouldn't be fair, at least i don't think so :-)
CEO
CEO
S
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Calling all Ross Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2016, 14:01
tchankwes wrote:
TravelArchitect8 wrote:

Tchankwes I think the reason people are asking questions in response to your statement about being patient is because the Ross Admissions Blog shared that on the 22nd they released the final wave of interview invites for Round 2. So people are wondering if you've received an interview invitation, because if not they are probably hoping there are multiple files still being reviewed (and thus maybe still can receive one-off interview invites).

It's only on the 20th that they confirmed receiving my application, and i'm a second round applicant. I would hope that in a couple of days my fate was decided ... wouldn't be fair, at least i don't think so :-)

What do you mean that they only confirmed on 20th ? You immediately get an application submission confirmation email once you click on submit button. Did you submit your application by Jan 4th to be considered for R2? With MBA admissions, "fairness" isnt really defined or applicable. If you stuck to the deadlines and had all the materials in by the deadlines, then yes "fair" would be a good assumption but if you only got a confirmation on 20th, then I think you will not be considered R2 applicant,IMO.

Soojin categorically mentioned in her blog that on Jan 22nd , second and final round of invites were sent out for R2. If you didnt get it by 22nd Jan, then I am afraid you will either be wait listed for the next round or dinged.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2016, 22:32
Hi,

Can anyone share their interview/team exercise experience? What can candidates expect in terms of the format, especially for the team exercise?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2016, 01:13
has Ross released all interview invitation for R2 applicants? I still haven't heard anything from them since I submitted the application...am I dinged?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.26
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2016, 02:05
alanray2018 wrote:
has Ross released all interview invitation for R2 applicants? I still haven't heard anything from them since I submitted the application...am I dinged?

Yes they have... if you haven't then its ding or wl
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.6
WE: General Management (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2016, 04:51
mkduke wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone share their interview/team exercise experience? What can candidates expect in terms of the format, especially for the team exercise?

I participated in the team exercise in Ann Arbor. My advice is that you dont be a jerk. The collaborative culture was very much evident when I visited the campus, and the team exercise is one more way to filter applicants and to determine 'fit'. Good luck to everyone.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2016, 09:17
Engr2012 wrote:
tchankwes wrote:
TravelArchitect8 wrote:

What do you mean that they only confirmed on 20th ? You immediately get an application submission confirmation email once you click on submit button. Did you submit your application by Jan 4th to be considered for R2? With MBA admissions, "fairness" isnt really defined or applicable. If you stuck to the deadlines and had all the materials in by the deadlines, then yes "fair" would be a good assumption but if you only got a confirmation on 20th, then I think you will not be considered R2 applicant,IMO.

Soojin categorically mentioned in her blog that on Jan 22nd , second and final round of invites were sent out for R2. If you didnt get it by 22nd Jan, then I am afraid you will either be wait listed for the next round or dinged.

Yikes, i left a major detail out, I applied through the Consortium. My bad.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Technology
GRE 1: Q170 V155
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2016, 22:48
I was checking Livewire and there I saw that people have updated 'Invited to interview' on 9th Feb.... Err... so what is the real deal? Are they still giving out invites sporadically or the people who are updating are just lazy? :?: :|

I know that that Suyin mentioned specifically that the last wave has been sent on 22nd... still just wondering why the discrepancy....
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2016, 17:01
tchankwes wrote:
Engr2012 wrote:
tchankwes wrote:

Yikes, i left a major detail out, I applied through the Consortium. My bad.

I have friends who applied through the Consortium to Ross and they received invites to interview, so at least some of the Consortium applicants (if not all) are on the same timeline for interviewing as other applicants.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2016, 17:02
imanroy wrote:
I was checking Livewire and there I saw that people have updated 'Invited to interview' on 9th Feb.... Err... so what is the real deal? Are they still giving out invites sporadically or the people who are updating are just lazy? :?: :|

I know that that Suyin mentioned specifically that the last wave has been sent on 22nd... still just wondering why the discrepancy....

Lazy, someone updating multiple applications at once, troll, etc. Given how much Ross tries to be transparent it is very unlikely there are any one-off invites remaining.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2016, 11:01
I'm very nervous about how my interview went. I walked out feeling like it went fine, but then I looked at my watch and realized the interview had only lasted 20 min. I sent a follow up email to my interviewer per her request about a question I had asked that she didn't know the answer to during the interview and she did respond so I'm trying to keep my hopes up!

Anyways, now that my interview is over, instead of feeling relaxed and waiting for the decision in March, I'm constantly anxious about what the decision will be and can't stop counting down the days. I'm driving myself crazy! For those of you who have interviewed, how have you been keeping yourself busy?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 640 Q42 V37
GMAT 3: 670 Q42 V40
GPA: 3.03
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge
Calling all Ross Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2016, 01:28
Had my Ross interview yesterday over Skype. I think it went very well. It was highly conversational and the interviewer (2nd year) did his best in the beginning to allay any nervousness that I might have had.

I have never interacted with anyone from the University of Michigan who isn't stoked to be there, and my interviewer was no exception. They are all excellent ambassadors for their program and it is difficult to not want to be a part of that.

Many of the standard "tell me about yourself, goals, why MBA, why Ross" etc. questions were asked, but, there were also behavioral questions about times when I had faced a difficult co-worker and what my greatest professional achievement so far is. Afterwards, there was time for questions and I had questions not just about life at Ross, but also on recruiting and the MAP program and he bad a lot of helpful insights to share.

The whole thing took roughly 55 minutes (according to the Skype timer).

All the best to everyone yet to interview.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2016, 07:39
summerinobx wrote:
I'm very nervous about how my interview went. I walked out feeling like it went fine, but then I looked at my watch and realized the interview had only lasted 20 min. I sent a follow up email to my interviewer per her request about a question I had asked that she didn't know the answer to during the interview and she did respond so I'm trying to keep my hopes up!

Anyways, now that my interview is over, instead of feeling relaxed and waiting for the decision in March, I'm constantly anxious about what the decision will be and can't stop counting down the days. I'm driving myself crazy! For those of you who have interviewed, how have you been keeping yourself busy?

Think positively. Stay busy. Exercise daily. Read the newspaper cover to cover. Catch up with friends on the phone. <- that's what i've been doing... I'm also going on a vacation in a week so that will be a nice distraction!
Retired Moderator
B
Status: Accepting donations for the mohater MBA debt repayment fund
Concentration: Operations, Finance
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2016, 09:16
Hi Folks,

Having gone through this multiple times (I was a re-applicant), I can tell these weeks will be nerve racking.

The best thing to do is go about your life as though nothing is happening. I know it's obvious advice, but believe me, it's much worse sitting in apprehension and getting dinged than going through all of the routine activities.

Don't check the threads, don't read the forums. If you're done with all your inputs, go about life like you never applied, until release week where again, it will be the least productive day of the quarter.

Good luck.

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V44
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2016, 04:23
Hi All

I gave my interview on 2nd Feb, no response yet. Has anyone heard back?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GPA: 2.6

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2016, 15:57
Partook in the on-campus interview/group activity day this past weekend.

Interview with an MBA2 was standard, with some back and forth and no surprise questions.

Group activity was a lot of fun. Try to be creative and have fun with it.
Schools: Olin '18 (S)

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2016, 20:11
Hi guys, do u think there are still chances of being admitted in R3 for international applicants?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2016, 09:22
Hi

I would say there is always a chance but it should be close to zero. You could try, and in worst case reapply in R1 this year again.

However, if your application isn't 100% ready yet, then you might as well skip R3 and go straight for R1.
Manager
Manager
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2016, 03:25
Weren't we supposed to receive a mail on March 4 to the link that would have the result on March 18? I remember the mail from admission team member that was present on team exercise event. He mentioned this. Anyone got such link mail recently?

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Ross Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018   [#permalink] 05 Mar 2016, 03:25

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28  ...  30    Next  [ 598 posts ] 

Calling all Ross Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: variantguy, anjalyly