It is currently 17 Jan 2018, 12:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 56

Schools: ISB '20 (WD)
GMAT 1: 610 Q38 V35
GPA: 3.82
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2017, 01:22
Hi,

Anyone has any idea in how many days the recommendors receive their forms?

It has been 3 days since I put in their details in the online application form and the status in the supplemental section shows 'sent', however, my references still haven't received any email from the school.

Thanks!

Consider giving me Kudos if you find my posts useful, challenging and helpful!

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 56

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2017, 06:22
abhimahna wrote:
Divyangana Negi wrote:
Hi,
I have certain doubts, would like if someone could clarify:
I) When you write WE:60, does it mean that it's 60 at time of submitting the application or at the time of material at noon, i.e. entering the class in September 2018?
II) Is it important to send scanned copy of your transcripts with the application? Would the scanned copy of all semester marksheets and degree be enough to calculate the the GPA and as a confirmation that I completed my undergrad course? I might not be able to arrange for the marksheets as my ungrad college is closed for a whole week for Christmas.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Hey divyangana Negi ,

Here are the answers:

1) When you write WE:60, does it mean that it's 60 at time of submitting the application or at the time of material at noon, i.e. entering the class in September 2018? --> It will be until September 2018. :)

2) Is it important to send scanned copy of your transcripts with the application? Would the scanned copy of all semester marksheets and degree be enough to calculate the the GPA and as a confirmation that I completed my undergrad course? I might not be able to arrange for the marksheets as my ungrad college is closed for a whole week for Christmas. --> As far as I know, you need to upload scanned copy of transcript with your application. If you don't have one, seek the advice of admission committee and request them to consider all marksheets at the moment and give you some time to upload the consolidated marksheet(aka Transcript). I think this should work.

All the best :)

Thanks for the information, abhimahna :)

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2017, 11:11
Hey guys - since Rotman has 5 rounds of admissions - is applying round 3 a viable option for US students in terms of acceptance rates/scholarships Etc.?

I was initially pushing for round 2 but given that the deadline is the day before my GMAT retake - I'm considering the Feb round 3 deadline instead.

Just don't know if round 3 is considered as bad here as with most other schools that only have 4 rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

BSchool Forum Moderator
G

Kudos [?]: 100 [0], given: 46

GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE: Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2017, 11:55
JAE18 wrote:
Hey guys - since Rotman has 5 rounds of admissions - is applying round 3 a viable option for US students in terms of acceptance rates/scholarships Etc.?

I was initially pushing for round 2 but given that the deadline is the day before my GMAT retake - I'm considering the Feb round 3 deadline instead.

Just don't know if round 3 is considered as bad here as with most other schools that only have 4 rounds.

Nah, just apply whenever you're ready. They got rolling invites anyway

My MBA Journey - https://smalldoubledouble.com

Kudos [?]: 100 [0], given: 46

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2017, 20:48
Oh cool, I didn't know they're on a rolling basis..so what are the set deadlines for?

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 3

Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2017, 21:50
Erabm1439s wrote:
Hi,

On the website I found that the minimum GPA requirement for an Indian citizen is 7.5/10 if graduated from IIT or 8/10 for any other institute in the last year of the 4 year undergrad course. Is this really true? I've a significantly lower GPA 7.5/10 in the last year (non-II), should I even apply this year?

Just checking if anyone has answer to my query :) My apologies if the question is a little silly

Denied
11 Dec, 2017
somtsat99 GMAT: 620, Q47, V29; GPA: 4; WE: 36 months; India; via Email
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 27

Schools: Rotman '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 2.67

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2017, 07:43
Erabm1439s wrote:
Erabm1439s wrote:
Hi,

On the website I found that the minimum GPA requirement for an Indian citizen is 7.5/10 if graduated from IIT or 8/10 for any other institute in the last year of the 4 year undergrad course. Is this really true? I've a significantly lower GPA 7.5/10 in the last year (non-II), should I even apply this year?

Just checking if anyone has answer to my query :) My apologies if the question is a little silly

The GPA is a soft cutoff. Don't worry about it. A good GMAT can compensate for it. Did for me!

Intern
Intern
B

Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2017, 07:46
HoneyBadgerAK wrote:
Erabm1439s wrote:
Erabm1439s wrote:
Hi,

The GPA is a soft cutoff. Don't worry about it. A good GMAT can compensate for it. Did for me!

Thanks man! Do you think 730 is good enough? I had applied last year with 700 but hadn’t received an interview invite.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 2.67

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2017, 04:52
Erabm1439s wrote:
HoneyBadgerAK wrote:
Erabm1439s wrote:

Thanks man! Do you think 730 is good enough? I had applied last year with 700 but hadn’t received an interview invite.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

I don't think the GMAT is going to be a factor considering you've got a 730. That checks the academic calibre box. Round up the rest of the parts of your application well and you should be sorted.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 12

GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2017, 10:45
abhisu30 wrote:
Hi Guys,

I am applying to the Rotman MBA program as an International student and have a few queries. I know that I'm a bit late but I am trying to submit the application as soon as possible. Here's my profile summary and question:

My experience is as follows - 2 years in IT, 2 years in Digital marketing and almost 4 years of entrepreneurship with my own digital marketing company.

I have been an entrepreneur for almost 4 years and want to showcase this experience. I have few good corporate clients who could give me recommendations. Would that be a strong enough case for Rotman or would I need to provide recommendations from my ex-employers?

Seeking advice from admitted students, current students or anyone with any similar experience or knowledge of the same.

Thanks!

Could someone help with this? Not sure whom to contact as they are shut for the next few days.

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 12

BSchool Forum Moderator
D

Kudos [?]: 823 [0], given: 22

Concentration: General Management, Leadership
WE: Sales (Retail)
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2017, 07:12
Though I have not been admitted, speaking purely from the experience that I have gained from this forum

I would recommend you to use one of your corporate clients and another from your ex- employers where you could showcase the impact that you made when you worked for your company.
Alternatively you could try and contact some of the current students via LinkedIn.

Hope this helps you.

P.S I shall PM you the username of some of the current students who were part of the chat we had here at GMATCLUB.

Stay hungry, Stay foolish

2017-2018 MBA Deadlines

Class of 2020: Rotman Thread | Schulich Thread
Class of 2019: Sauder Thread

Kudos [?]: 823 [0], given: 22

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2018, 04:09
Hi, I was planning to go ahead with the video interviews. Wanted to know if I can check in and practice for sometime, and then give the video interviews on some other day?
Thanks in advance :)

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 41

Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3
WE: Marketing (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2018, 09:55
Just curious about this - the issue of sending transcripts to Rotman. Do I need to have my University mail the physical copies or can I do it too? The website isn't honestly clear about this.

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 41

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.43
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2018, 21:11
vp101 wrote:
Just curious about this - the issue of sending transcripts to Rotman. Do I need to have my University mail the physical copies or can I do it too? The website isn't honestly clear about this.

I collected my transcripts physically from my University and then express couriered it to Rotman myself. As long as the transcripts are in a university envelope with a stamp/seal of your university it shouldn't be a problem.

PS: Some couriers (DHL in my case) offer student discounts if you are sending any couriers to a university. Worth a shot to ask in your country?

Cheers!

Intern
Intern

GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.43
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 01 Jan 2018, 21:20
Divyangana Negi wrote:
Hi, I was planning to go ahead with the video interviews. Wanted to know if I can check in and practice for sometime, and then give the video interviews on some other day?
Thanks in advance :)

Hi

Had that same question when prepping for the video interviews but i found the response on the FAQ for "KIRA Talent" (The portal used by Rotman for recording the interviews) which should answer your question.

"Q: How many times can I do my practice questions?

A: You can complete your practice questions as many times as you’d like! You can even leave the page and come back at a later time. Your reviewer will never know how many times you completed the practice questions, so feel free to practice twice, or 20 times!

Just make sure you complete your actual assessment before the deadline your organization has set for you."

https://kiratalent.zendesk.com/hc/en-us ... Questions-

Cheers and Best of Luck!
eXo

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 18

CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2018, 02:23
Hello All,

I found this information here (http://www.rotman.utoronto.ca/Degrees/M ... nDeadlines)

You do not have to write the GMAT or GRE before you begin the application process. GMAT or GRE scores, transcripts and letters of reference may be submitted after the deadline, following submission of the application.

Just wanted to confirm that we can submit our GMAT score after deadlines?

Can someone help me with more info on this.

Regards

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 18

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [1], given: 0

GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.68
WE: Securities Sales and Trading (Other)

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2018, 03:03
This post received
KUDOS
unbroken wrote:
Hello All,

I found this information here (http://www.rotman.utoronto.ca/Degrees/M ... nDeadlines)

You do not have to write the GMAT or GRE before you begin the application process. GMAT or GRE scores, transcripts and letters of reference may be submitted after the deadline, following submission of the application.

Just wanted to confirm that we can submit our GMAT score after deadlines?

Can someone help me with more info on this.

Regards

This is under the Morning Evening MBA category, not sure if it applies to full time

Kudos [?]: 9 [1], given: 0

Admitted
15 Dec, 2017
Private, via Phone
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 8

Concentration: General Management, Operations

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2018, 12:48
flora111 wrote:
Admitted on: 2017/12/15
Heard back via: Phone

Congrats!

Sent from my SM-N910C using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 8

Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020   [#permalink] 04 Jan 2018, 12:48

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36    Next  [ 711 posts ] 

Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: mihir0710, pushpitkc

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap