It is currently 19 Sep 2017, 15:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Aug 2016
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Location: India
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.1
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2017, 04:29
Hi all!

I received an interview invite last night and have scheduled it on Skype for 23rd. Any tips and suggestions for the interview will be great!
Also, the mail mentioned that we can schedule interviews after the 19th deadline. I hope I won't be at a disadvantage as mine is on 23rd!
Since there are very few slots, should I consider my application to be slightly weaker than the rest of the round 2 applicants?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Oct 2016
Posts: 35

Kudos [?]: 12 [1], given: 0

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.91
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
My Kenan-Flagler Review [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2017, 04:17
1
This post received
KUDOS

Kudos [?]: 12 [1], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 27 Sep 2013
Posts: 34

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 5

GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.65
Reviews Badge
My Kenan-Flagler Review [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2017, 04:20

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 5

BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 295

Kudos [?]: 129 [0], given: 183

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
WE: Marketing (Retail)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
My Kenan-Flagler Review [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2017, 04:24

Kudos [?]: 129 [0], given: 183

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
P
Status: Back to work...
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 4633

Kudos [?]: 3617 [0], given: 2403

Location: India
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2017, 08:53

Kudos [?]: 3617 [0], given: 2403

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
P
Status: Back to work...
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 4633

Kudos [?]: 3617 [0], given: 2403

Location: India
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2017, 09:29
Expert's post
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED

Tips for UNC Skype by Donna Bauman..



  • Make sure you are ready to go at least 5 minutes before start time.
  • Try to have a secure internet connection with a cord connecting computer to internet.
  • Do not initiate the skype call if interviewer is running behind- sometimes they are doing 8 in a row and can get behind.
  • Smile, look into camera when talking, have a plain background behind you.
  • Show how you can improve the school- have ideas for how you can improve a club, start a new club, etc
  • Follow up with email thank you within 24 hours- and even sooner if you can. The interviewer will complete their review usually in few hours after interview....


Join us in the chat here.... mchat.php?fl=menu


_________________

Every Wednesday: Meet MBA Experts in Chat Room and Ask Your Most-Pressing MBA Admission Questions to them in a Live Chat.

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Kudos [?]: 3617 [0], given: 2403

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Jan 2016
Posts: 46

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2017, 11:29
Hi y'all.. quick question about KF. Darden has 'morning coffee' and Fuqua hosts 'Fuqua Fridays.' Is there any such gathering at KF?

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Apr 2015
Posts: 65

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 7

Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.1
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2017, 19:50
Heard that UNC is providing an application fee waiver for those who have score 730 or above in GMAT.
Has anyone received the waiver for R2 from the school?

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 7

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Jan 2017
Posts: 25

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 37

Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.88
WE: Engineering (Consumer Products)
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2017, 21:15
whittleman wrote:
Heard that UNC is providing an application fee waiver for those who have score 730 or above in GMAT.
Has anyone received the waiver for R2 from the school?


Yes, scored 740 and have a fee waiver for UNC. The email from UNC said:

"Your performance on the GMAT suggests that you could be a successful candidate for UNC Kenan-Flagler's full-time MBA program. We aim to admit the world's best students, so we invite you to apply for our 2017 entering class.

Your GMAT score places you within the range of candidates who have earned merit fellowships (scholarships) at UNC Kenan-Flagler. Merit fellowships are awarded to approximately one-third of our students. Your GMAT score provides you with an excellent start. Of course, the GMAT score is only one of the attributes we will evaluate for admission and fellowship awards. We also will examine your leadership skills, success working in teams, prior academic performance, career accomplishments and your overall fit with the UNC Kenan-Flagler culture.

Take a closer look at UNC Kenan-Flagler by downloading our latest full-time MBA program brochure. If you find us to be a good fit for you, we want you to apply!

Please accept this $150 application fee waiver to our full-time MBA program for 2017 entry. This application fee waiver has been applied to your record and will be activated when you submit your application; you do not need to do anything further. Please note: this fee waiver is only good for applications submitted to the full-time MBA program during the current application year. This fee waiver cannot be used when applying via The Consortium for Graduate Study in Management common application, nor can it be used for UNC Kenan-Flagler's other MBA platforms.

Thank you for your consideration. We are confident you will find that UNC Kenan-Flagler has much to offer you."

This is technically R3 now... so I'm not sure how many scholarships are still available, but I'm remaining hopeful!

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 37

Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 18

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 10

GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Reviews Badge
My Kenan-Flagler Review [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2017, 21:55

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 10

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Apr 2015
Posts: 65

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 7

Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.1
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2017, 23:02
nathank wrote:
whittleman wrote:
Heard that UNC is providing an application fee waiver for those who have score 730 or above in GMAT.
Has anyone received the waiver for R2 from the school?


Yes, scored 740 and have a fee waiver for UNC. The email from UNC said:

"Your performance on the GMAT suggests that you could be a successful candidate for UNC Kenan-Flagler's full-time MBA program. We aim to admit the world's best students, so we invite you to apply for our 2017 entering class.

Your GMAT score places you within the range of candidates who have earned merit fellowships (scholarships) at UNC Kenan-Flagler. Merit fellowships are awarded to approximately one-third of our students. Your GMAT score provides you with an excellent start. Of course, the GMAT score is only one of the attributes we will evaluate for admission and fellowship awards. We also will examine your leadership skills, success working in teams, prior academic performance, career accomplishments and your overall fit with the UNC Kenan-Flagler culture.

Take a closer look at UNC Kenan-Flagler by downloading our latest full-time MBA program brochure. If you find us to be a good fit for you, we want you to apply!

Please accept this $150 application fee waiver to our full-time MBA program for 2017 entry. This application fee waiver has been applied to your record and will be activated when you submit your application; you do not need to do anything further. Please note: this fee waiver is only good for applications submitted to the full-time MBA program during the current application year. This fee waiver cannot be used when applying via The Consortium for Graduate Study in Management common application, nor can it be used for UNC Kenan-Flagler's other MBA platforms.

Thank you for your consideration. We are confident you will find that UNC Kenan-Flagler has much to offer you."

This is technically R3 now... so I'm not sure how many scholarships are still available, but I'm remaining hopeful!



Thanks man. When did you receive the waiver? I know that they were giving the waiver for 730 and above. Might have increased to 740 this year. I guess Ill have to do this without the waiver then.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 7

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Oct 2016
Posts: 21

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Location: India
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2017, 23:58
Hey!

Any idea when they might release the decision for Round 2? I was interviewed on 14 December but haven't heard from them.

I know the deadline is 30th Jan but I have to make a deposit elsewhere by 15th Jan.

Thanks.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Aug 2016
Posts: 40

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Location: India
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V30
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.67
Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2017, 06:01
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
whittleman wrote:
nathank wrote:
whittleman wrote:
Heard that UNC is providing an application fee waiver for those who have score 730 or above in GMAT.
Has anyone received the waiver for R2 from the school?


Yes, scored 740 and have a fee waiver for UNC. The email from UNC said:

"Your performance on the GMAT suggests that you could be a successful candidate for UNC Kenan-Flagler's full-time MBA program. We aim to admit the world's best students, so we invite you to apply for our 2017 entering class.

Your GMAT score places you within the range of candidates who have earned merit fellowships (scholarships) at UNC Kenan-Flagler. Merit fellowships are awarded to approximately one-third of our students. Your GMAT score provides you with an excellent start. Of course, the GMAT score is only one of the attributes we will evaluate for admission and fellowship awards. We also will examine your leadership skills, success working in teams, prior academic performance, career accomplishments and your overall fit with the UNC Kenan-Flagler culture.

Take a closer look at UNC Kenan-Flagler by downloading our latest full-time MBA program brochure. If you find us to be a good fit for you, we want you to apply!

Please accept this $150 application fee waiver to our full-time MBA program for 2017 entry. This application fee waiver has been applied to your record and will be activated when you submit your application; you do not need to do anything further. Please note: this fee waiver is only good for applications submitted to the full-time MBA program during the current application year. This fee waiver cannot be used when applying via The Consortium for Graduate Study in Management common application, nor can it be used for UNC Kenan-Flagler's other MBA platforms.

Thank you for your consideration. We are confident you will find that UNC Kenan-Flagler has much to offer you."

This is technically R3 now... so I'm not sure how many scholarships are still available, but I'm remaining hopeful!



Thanks man. When did you receive the waiver? I know that they were giving the waiver for 730 and above. Might have increased to 740 this year. I guess Ill have to do this without the waiver then.

I am about to apply for R3 but being an international student, I’m not sure if I should since it’s generally only till R2 that international students apply. Besides I did not get any waiver. Was there any method or just selected candidates?

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Jan 2016
Posts: 29

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 5

GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 3: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE: Other (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2017, 19:12
In for R3!

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 03 Dec 2016
Posts: 27

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Location: United States (IL)
Concentration: Real Estate
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Real Estate (Real Estate)
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2017, 20:55
I'm in for Round 3 as well...I received a fee waiver, but I'm not sure it it worked correctly. It was supposed to already be applied to my application but I suppose I'll find out soon.

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Apr 2015
Posts: 65

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 7

Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.1
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2017, 21:05
nileshsharma2105 wrote:
I am about to apply for R3 but being an international student, I’m not sure if I should since it’s generally only till R2 that international students apply. Besides I did not get any waiver. Was there any method or just selected candidates?


While you are right in saying that R3 is pretty late for internationals, in UNC, that is not the case. I happened to speak to a current student, a couple of weeks ago, when he said that internationals not only get admits but also manage to receive scholarships in R3.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 7

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 May 2015
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2017, 21:21
I submitted my application on 2nd Dec. I haven't heard anything from them yet. Shall I consider it a reject as the result date is 31st Jan?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Jan 2017
Posts: 25

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 37

Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.88
WE: Engineering (Consumer Products)
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2017, 15:00
whittleman wrote:
nathank wrote:
whittleman wrote:
Heard that UNC is providing an application fee waiver for those who have score 730 or above in GMAT.
Has anyone received the waiver for R2 from the school?


Yes, scored 740 and have a fee waiver for UNC. The email from UNC said:

"Your performance on the GMAT suggests that you could be a successful candidate for UNC Kenan-Flagler's full-time MBA program. We aim to admit the world's best students, so we invite you to apply for our 2017 entering class.

Your GMAT score places you within the range of candidates who have earned merit fellowships (scholarships) at UNC Kenan-Flagler. Merit fellowships are awarded to approximately one-third of our students. Your GMAT score provides you with an excellent start. Of course, the GMAT score is only one of the attributes we will evaluate for admission and fellowship awards. We also will examine your leadership skills, success working in teams, prior academic performance, career accomplishments and your overall fit with the UNC Kenan-Flagler culture.

Take a closer look at UNC Kenan-Flagler by downloading our latest full-time MBA program brochure. If you find us to be a good fit for you, we want you to apply!

Please accept this $150 application fee waiver to our full-time MBA program for 2017 entry. This application fee waiver has been applied to your record and will be activated when you submit your application; you do not need to do anything further. Please note: this fee waiver is only good for applications submitted to the full-time MBA program during the current application year. This fee waiver cannot be used when applying via The Consortium for Graduate Study in Management common application, nor can it be used for UNC Kenan-Flagler's other MBA platforms.

Thank you for your consideration. We are confident you will find that UNC Kenan-Flagler has much to offer you."

This is technically R3 now... so I'm not sure how many scholarships are still available, but I'm remaining hopeful!



Thanks man. When did you receive the waiver? I know that they were giving the waiver for 730 and above. Might have increased to 740 this year. I guess Ill have to do this without the waiver then.


I got the waiver 10 days after I took my GMAT. I opted to share my GMAT results with schools (whatever that checkbox is on the test), so I think they got my information directly from the kind people at GMAC.

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 37

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Dec 2015
Posts: 27

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Location: United States
GRE 1: 325 Q157 V168
GPA: 3.62
WE: Account Management (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2017, 16:19
Does any other R2 applicant's application status still say "submitted"? I applied well before the R2 deadline back in December and interviewed on campus during the "Open Interview" period. With R2 decisions a couple weeks away I went to check my application status and it still was marked as "submitted". I'm not particularly concerned, but wanted to check if this was normal or not.

Thanks!

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Sep 2015
Posts: 44

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 35

Location: Viet Nam
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.1
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2017, 12:11
I am a Round 2 applicant who just finished the interview several hours ago with John Hughes. By far the most pleasant experience with MBA interviews. It was a blind one: John said he had my resume only, and would not see the rest of my application until the interview is done. Now begins the waiting game^^

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 35

Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!   [#permalink] 18 Jan 2017, 12:11

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  21    Next  [ 413 posts ] 

    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
2 Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! abhimahna 13 19 Aug 2017, 03:02
234 EXPERTS_POSTS_IN_THIS_TOPIC Calling all (UNC) Kenan-Flagler Applicants - Class of 2017 ankurgupta03 940 14 Oct 2015, 18:31
3 EXPERTS_POSTS_IN_THIS_TOPIC UNC Kenan-Flagler Class of 2017: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! Narenn 24 13 May 2015, 15:10
EXPERTS_POSTS_IN_THIS_TOPIC Kenan-Flagler Online MBAatUNC (2017 Intake): Calling all Applicants! Narenn 5 14 Aug 2017, 15:32
1 EXPERTS_POSTS_IN_THIS_TOPIC UNC Kenan-Flagler Class of 2019: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants!! Narenn 5 18 Mar 2017, 13:30
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.