GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Jul 2018, 22:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.86
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 10 Nov 2017, 10:55
Hey, anyone interested in a mock TBD on Skype, Saturday 11th at 4pm PST? If so PM me and let's coordinate something.

(4 of us currently, will update as PMs come in)

Originally posted by Drowsypirate on 08 Nov 2017, 08:05.
Last edited by Drowsypirate on 10 Nov 2017, 10:55, edited 2 times in total.
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
D
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2017, 10:05
LIVE NOW: A Wharton grad is with us in the chat room in case anyone has any questions about TBD and other components of the Wharton application. Join us here.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php?fl=menu. Chat will be open for next 1.5 hours.

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Wharton '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V47
GPA: 3.62

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2017, 12:05
Poll closed, let’s try to do 2pm EST this Sunday the 12th
For everyone who responded to the doodle pls PM me your Skype usernames beforehand

https://doodle.com/poll/gteftne68g2nn9rt
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Wharton '20 (II)

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2017, 14:36
Anyone interviewing in London and attending the reception there?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.86
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2017, 17:35
Hey all, we have 4 people for a mock TBD on Skype, Saturday 11th at 4pm PST. Looking for two more (covers us if someone is a no show).
PM me your Skype ID if interested!

Cheers
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 2.96
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2017, 22:43
I had my interview this week and i twas pretty painless. Don't overprepare guys - just be yourselves!
Manager
Manager
S
GRE 1: Q170 V170
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2017, 16:42
Reminder for those applying for the Dual Wharton MBA Program with Harvard Kennedy School -- the deadline to apply to HKS is December 4th!

It's a really great program for those who (1) want to work in both business and government, (2) those who want to run for office later in their career, and (3) those who want the benefit of the Wharton and Harvard networks.

We put together this handy article all about the various programs at the Harvard Kennedy School, including an overview of the degrees offered and the application requirements. Hope you find it helpful!

Best,
Nate

IvyAdmissionsGroup.com | Want to know your odds of admission? Get our free assessment here.

Apply to business school like you're running for office. You're the candidate. We're your campaign managers.

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2017, 23:34
So, I had my TBD last week. Almost everyone was being polite and contributed to the discussion. I don't know how they will select/ eliminate anyone from the group based on that. The 10 minute follow up was pleasant, but again, really unsure about how it would factor into the decision making. I heard similar stories from other groups. Does anyone have any idea how much weight Wharton gives to this? Since they had the ad com member flying to India, I believe it would have more weight than an alum interview.
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2017, 01:42
hedwig207 wrote:
So, I had my TBD last week. Almost everyone was being polite and contributed to the discussion. I don't know how they will select/ eliminate anyone from the group based on that. The 10 minute follow up was pleasant, but again, really unsure about how it would factor into the decision making. I heard similar stories from other groups. Does anyone have any idea how much weight Wharton gives to this? Since they had the ad com member flying to India, I believe it would have more weight than an alum interview.

Based on our adcom TBD facilitator/interviewer, both the TBD and interview are just one component of the final decision. After the interviewer submits his report, your application (essays, recommendation letters, Gmat etc) will be reread in its entirety and evaluated once again. Thus said, a bad TBD/interview does not equate to rejection nor an awesome TBD/interview to acceptance.
Regarding the adcom vs. alum, I believe their reports would be treated and scored equally. Our interviewer told us that there are many people involved in the evaluation and decision-making process. Even if your interviewer is vying for you, if other people say no then it might be the end of the road for you in Wharton.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.6
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2017, 08:07
Do you guys think if 1:1 is any indication of how your TBD went ?
Say the attitude of the interviewer towards you was not ideal, would that mean you did not do all that well during TBD or vice versa?
1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
G
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 2.6
WE: Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2017, 09:10
knuckleduster wrote:
Do you guys think if 1:1 is any indication of how your TBD went ?
Say the attitude of the interviewer towards you was not ideal, would that mean you did not do all that well during TBD or vice versa?

I see zero benefit to analyzing this interaction...other than giving yourself more anxiety..but for what it's worth your interviewer could have just been having a bad day or had other things going on that had nothing to do with you, as long as you gave it your best shot don't worry about it.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2017, 10:09
hedwig207 wrote:

One of my friends is a current student, and is friends with an Admissions fellow. He gave me the following detail on their process:

-Prior to the interview, they have you presorted into one of three buckets: High likelihood of acceptance, medium, and low.
- The TBD is mainly a check on your ability to work in group settings. It is very hard to win, but very easy to fail. Thus most people simply get a pass.
- The 1v1 is really your opportunity to set yourself apart, and is probably the highest weighted part assuming you didn't fail the TBD.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.85
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2017, 22:31
In the TBD follow-up (1 on 1), if you aren't asked to reflect on the TBD (e.g. how it went), but asked Why Wharton / Why MBA / background questions... is that indicative of anything? I would think that reflecting on the TBD is a standard question, but is that not necessarily the case?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2017, 13:44
In my TBD group, some of the people who were less "traditional" (hate that term) were asked more of the why MBA questions vs. others who were coming from banking, consulting into more straightforward post-MBA roles. I don't think it's a bad thing. If anything, it's an opportunity to convey your clear, concise pitch and differentiate yourself (an opp that other interviewers may not have gotten).
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2017, 13:16
It's so quiet in here. How's everyone holding up for next week's final decision day?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 2.96
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2017, 14:41
TheFightofmylife wrote:
It's so quiet in here. How's everyone holding up for next week's final decision day?

I think it's a credit to Wharton's communications that no one is desperately trying to decipher what their email's mean or when we'll find out. Personally, I've got 3 decisions coming in the next couple weeks, so just trying to keep my head down and wait it out.
V
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2017, 01:09
Absolutely! We can expect the decision by 14th December the same date as Stanford's. All the best Everyone!!

If you liked my post, kindly give me a Kudos. Thanks.

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2017, 09:49
Soo... how does this work? Are the calling the admitted ones on Wednesday or do we just wait the e-mail on Thursday?
V
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2017, 12:22
gosh wrote:
Soo... how does this work? Are the calling the admitted ones on Wednesday or do we just wait the e-mail on Thursday?

Hi gosh,

Actually it quite depends. While they may call some students, most of the students will be notified on the email.

If you liked my post, kindly give me a Kudos. Thanks.

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2017, 19:47
rohan2345 wrote:
gosh wrote:

Hi gosh,

Actually it quite depends. While they may call some students, most of the students will be notified on the email.

Damn.. so phone remains on until the e-mail. Good luck everyone!
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!   [#permalink] 10 Dec 2017, 19:47

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  21    Next  [ 419 posts ] 

Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: gmatexam439, rohan2345

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap