GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 27 May 2018, 18:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Comparison Thursdays - Weekly Revision!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Expert Post
4 KUDOS received
MBA Section Director
V
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Comparison Thursdays - Weekly Revision! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 May 2018, 11:48
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED

Comparisons Thursdays - Weekly Revision!

For months and years I had this question. How do I answer "I am stuck in my V25-V30. Can you help me to get to V40s" - I used to respond to PMs such as these for a few years, but then I stopped. They were too many, and I got drawn to the MBA side of things. The general piece of advice remained largely similar to everyone struggling with verbal -

Practice Good Questions - Analyze Your Errors - Get Better - Repeat

For theory on verbal topics, I have written literally 100s of articles on different SC and CR concepts but they either get lost in the crowd or are left unread. So I got the idea of creating megathreads. I created 3 giant megathreads on CR, SC, and RC but I always felt that for a regular user, they would seem really complicated and too much work. So when I was thinking about a new verbal project in the summer, I thought about creating a weekly revision thread for verbal concepts. So there we have it :)

Introducing Comparisons Revision - This thread will have most of the resources/articles/readings on Comparisonss in the context of GMAT Sentence Correction, and it will also have weekly questions to flex your GMAT muscles. This week we will post 10 questions and next week you can come back for 10 more. We strongly encourage engaging with the questions in the threads, ask questions, tag experts, and overall just kick some serious Comparisons butt.

Comparisons resources and articles

Comparisons Strategy on SC
Apples to Oranges Comparison
GMAT Prep Comparison Question Analysis
As vs Like on the GMAT
Comparison theory collection
Magoosh - Comparison and Ellipses
Ellipses theory and examples

Comparisons Revision Questions - 10th May 2018

Question 1
Question 2
Question 3
Question 4
Question 5
Question 6
Question 7
Question 8
Question 9
Question 10

Have an MBA application Question? ASK ME ANYTHING!

My Stuff: Four Years to 760 | MBA Trends for Indian Applicants

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Magoosh Discount CodesMath Revolution Discount CodesOptimus Prep Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Comparison Thursdays - Weekly Revision! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 May 2018, 21:11
Very good initiative Souvik. Hopefully, this will help people like me to go from V30's to V40's.
As you are yourself aware there are lot of resources on internet and one can't make judgment what is required to boos the score.
So, I am hopeful the resources shared by you will help in improving the score.
Are you also going to share CR weekly resources?

Please press +1 Kudos if you find my post/reply helpful

BSchool Forum Moderator
G
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2018, 00:55
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2018, 12:04
Gmat800Champ wrote:
Very good initiative Souvik. Hopefully, this will help people like me to go from V30's to V40's.
As you are yourself aware there are lot of resources on internet and one can't make judgment what is required to boos the score.
So, I am hopeful the resources shared by you will help in improving the score.
Are you also going to share CR weekly resources?

I will start CR from next Monday :) The SC stuff was a test to see if people actually want this stuff.

Have an MBA application Question? ASK ME ANYTHING!

My Stuff: Four Years to 760 | MBA Trends for Indian Applicants

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
V
Comparison Thursdays - Weekly Revision! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2018, 09:04
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 460 Q42 V14

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2018, 22:12
Thankyou so much souvik101990 really these are very helpful. I have a doubt whether many of those questions are official one's.
Re: Comparison Thursdays - Weekly Revision!   [#permalink] 20 May 2018, 22:12

Comparison Thursdays - Weekly Revision!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap