It is currently 19 Aug 2017, 17:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Do McK, BCG and Bain hire NUS/NTU Grads right after school?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.2
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Do McK, BCG and Bain hire NUS/NTU Grads right after school? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2016, 16:19
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hola Everyone,

I wanted to understand whether MBB (preferably Singapore/India) hire NUS Grads right after school?
And if yes, then how many? I could not find this information anywhere, so hoping some of you could help me out here.

Also, I want to get into Management/Strategy consulting post my MBA, so would be good to know which schools should I target in Asia, or any other part of the world?
I have a budget constraint of 3.5-4 million INR (50-60K USD). Currently I am thinking of ISB, NUS, NTU, HEC Paris (MSc. Fin) in the same preference.

Quick background: I'm a Mechanical Engineer from BITS Pilani, India. Currently working as Senior Strategy Analyst at Goldman Sachs. Will have 4 years of work ex before MBA (targeting 2017). Co-founder of an educational startup during college, with decent grades and good extra-curriculars. GMAT(710) is a bit on the lower side though , writing again in 2 weeks(target 750).

Thank you,
Shubham

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 110

Re: Do McK, BCG and Bain hire NUS/NTU Grads right after school? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2016, 12:04
The probability of getting into MBB from NUS post-MBA would be less than 10% . NUS faces super steep competition from INSEAD, who is the industry leader in Singapore. INSEAD has a tie-up with MBB as a big chunk of their students come in from MBB for career progression. Insea has two campuses and since there are not many jobs in Europe right now, it places a major chunk to Singapore. Having said that, it's not impossible to get into MBB, but it would be very very difficult, unless you have some very influential contacts into those firms an your profile is up to the mark for those firms.

Posted from my mobile device

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2016, 17:43
krutik123 wrote:
The probability of getting into MBB from NUS post-MBA would be less than 10% . NUS faces super steep competition from INSEAD, who is the industry leader in Singapore. INSEAD has a tie-up with MBB as a big chunk of their students come in from MBB for career progression. Insea has two campuses and since there are not many jobs in Europe right now, it places a major chunk to Singapore. Having said that, it's not impossible to get into MBB, but it would be very very difficult, unless you have some very influential contacts into those firms an your profile is up to the mark for those firms.

Thanks for the reply.

2 quick questions.

1) How relevant/credible are NUS/NTU MBA in India, while applying for MBB?

2) Could you please recommend which schools should I target in Asia, or any other part of the world?
I have a budget constraint of 3.5-4 million INR (50-60K USD). Currently I am thinking of ISB, NUS, NTU, HEC Paris (MSc. Fin) in the same preference.

Quick background: I'm a Mechanical Engineer from BITS Pilani, India. Currently working as Senior Strategy Analyst at Goldman Sachs. Will have 4 years of work ex before MBA (targeting 2017). Co-founder of an educational startup during college, with decent grades and good extra-curriculars. GMAT(710) is a bit on the lower side though , writing again in 2 weeks(target 750).

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Strategy, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 2.79
WE: General Management (Real Estate)

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2016, 09:04
krutik123 wrote:

As long as MBB still recruit from NUS as what they did in INSEAD, NUS MBA student will have the chance to test your capabilities.
Think this way, even if you admitted to INSEAD instead of NUS MBA, when coming to recruitment, you will still have to beat the same group of competitors! When selected to interview, you are holding NUS or INSEAD MBA will not make much difference rather how good your case interview performance and interpersonal skills are. If you are smart and hardworking enough, regardless NUS or INSEAD, you will in.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2016, 06:20
Recruitment happens primarily through networking and contacts. Since INSEAD has a tie-up with MBB, students there are more likely to land an interview invite. It's all about probabilities. It is true that it depends on how you perform in the interview, but for that you must first receive an invite. Also, all things remaining same(interview performance and work permit), MBB is much more likely to hire someone from INSEAD than from NUS. Having said that, I have got nothing against NUS, it is still a great program to be in.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2016, 07:41
krutik123 wrote:
Recruitment happens primarily through networking and contacts. Since INSEAD has a tie-up with MBB, students there are more likely to land an interview invite. It's all about probabilities. It is true that it depends on how you perform in the interview, but for that you must first receive an invite. Also, all things remaining same(interview performance and work permit), MBB is much more likely to hire someone from INSEAD than from NUS. Having said that, I have got nothing against NUS, it is still a great program to be in.

I agree that INSEAD is possibly the best program in Singapore for getting into MBB, but if I have a budget constraint, then NUS is number 2 on the list, right?
And what about NTU?, which has a shorter program of 1 year, is it on par with NUS or very low? Or does it come at number 3 in Singapore for Consultancy?

Thanks

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2016, 13:11
I am not sure about others. It would be best to do it from India, preferably ISB- the best brand in the country, considering budget constraints and plans to come back to India.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2016, 22:17
Thanks guys for your valuable opinions above.
Although, I had 2 quick question.

1) Which Management/Strategy consulting firms hire from NUS and NTU , which between these colleges has an edge and by what amount?
2) How advisable is to go to coffee chat sessions of these colleges in India? And to what extent should we discuss about our profile and issues?

Would really appreciate if anyone could help me out with these, as deadlines re approaching fast.

Thanks
Shubham

Re: Do McK, BCG and Bain hire NUS/NTU Grads right after school?   [#permalink] 11 Nov 2016, 22:17