Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:42 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.26
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Send PM
Re: Good MBA admission consultants in India [#permalink]
hi
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 72
Send PM
Hi, My name is Ashish Khanna. I understand the pain and struggle of going through finding the right MBA admissions consultant who can help you sail through the turbulence of the b-school applications. I went through the same struggle while applying for B-schools in 2019. The struggle is then added with exorbitant prices and charges that the different MBA admissions consulting services cost the applicant.

I eventually understood it is not worth the money and effort to hire an MBA consultant. I ended up applying to b-schools and writing my own applications. To build some credibility here- I applied to IESE, INSEAD, LBS, Cambridge, and Oxford with a GMAT score of 690 and got an interview call from all the colleges and ended up doing my MBA from Cambridge (which was worth every penny). With a sub-standard GMAT score, every one in the MBA consulting space asked me to write the exam again and mentioned that my chances of even getting an interview call are very slim but I knew GMAT score is just one part of the application and I packed a good application all together and I applied anyways and the rest is history.

Now, I am writing this message for people who are looking for help in their MBA application journey and who don't want to splash a lot of money. I believe if I was able to do write my MBA application and get calls for A-list b-school, then I can help others too. One of the key aspects while choosing a consultant is compatibility with the admission's consultant and if interested to know more, no need of an email or filling a form, just WA me on +919742696849 and we can take it from there :)
PM Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 182 [0]
Given Kudos: 197
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
Send PM
Background:

Let me begin this LONG story with my pre-MBA experience.

I did my B. Tech in Computer Engineering and have been working with Adobe Systems since then. My job at Adobe mainly involved the development and testing of new features, automating tasks, and collaborating with teams to define feature requirements. However, being very passionate about product management, I spent a lot of time understanding user workflows, conducting user surveys, and drawing product roadmaps.

I had been thinking of pursuing an MBA since 2018. After working at Adobe for close to 4 years, I wanted to get a role from where I could drive product and business strategy/vision. To kickstart my career in Product Management, I believed a full-time MBA is imperative. Though I was confused about whether to apply to schools in India or the USA, the first step, irrespective of the choice, was to prepare, appear, and score well on the GMAT exam.

After my first attempt, I again scored a 720. Because the score is okayish as per Indian standards, I had little hope of getting interview calls from any of the T20 schools. Coming from an extremely competitive applicant pool – Indian + IT + Male Engineer - I knew the road ahead would be extremely challenging.

Nevertheless, I wanted to give it a shot since I did not want to study again for GMAT.

Why select “MBA Dream”?

The real struggle began after the GMAT.

After a quick Google search, I realized that there was a lot that I need to start thinking about. Filtering b-schools, improving my profile (LinkedIn, resume, etc), drafting essays, submitting applications, prepping for the interviews, and figuring out expenses were just a few items on the list. It was obvious that without proper guidance, I will end up floundering in the vast ocean of B-school applications.

I needed a mentor to discuss my MBA plans and seek clarity on my post MBA career goals, and an expert who could also take a dispassionate look at my profile and give me unbiased advice on where I need to improve.

During my lookout for such an expert, I stumbled upon MBA Dreams. Seeing that most MBA consultants charge bombs (>1 lac for 5 schools), I was relieved to discover that there was someone to help me at an affordable price.

After having done my research and comparison with numerous other consultants, I decided to schedule a free profile evaluation with MBA Dreams. Immediately, I was contacted by Rahul from MBA Dreams.

Right from the first call, Rahul demonstrated a keen passion for understanding my profile. As a nervous student, I remember asking him very silly questions. Rahul’s patience in answering every query implied that he would go beyond the call of his duty.

MBA Application Strategy:

I started to work closely with Rahul. The period between July and March tested me as no other and Rahul helped me in all stages. For simplicity, I broke down the 10-month period into stages.

Call, Discuss, Repeat: During the first few days, Rahul and I worked endlessly to discuss my career goals over phonecalls. For once I thought that working with MBA Dream is a waste of time. However, later I realized that through these conversations, Rahul was actually building up the base for the entire application process. Not only did these conversations helped me write better essays but also made the B-School shortlisting process a lot easier. In just about a week, I had a very realistic picture of my profile.

School Selection: Next, he helped me to shortlist the schools that resonate with career goals. Keeping my profile, interests, and finances in mind, we divided the target schools as “Stretch schools”, “Realistic schools”, and “Safe schools”. I believe this was an important step that helped me to remain sane and not be depressed later! I finally applied to 2, 4, and 2 schools from the categories, respectively.

Finalize stories: Right from Day 1, Rahul asked me to start thinking and listing the life events that I value the most (I never had exceptional stories to tell). He also stressed the importance of check-in in with myself. I had a fair idea why I wanted to do an MBA right, but Rahul’s honest feedback cleared the remaining cobwebs in my mind. By asking to me list down answers to tough questions like- “Why MBA?”, “Post MBA goals?”, “Why now?”, we were able to filter out the key stories that I would re-use in my essays. This pre-work process elucidated some blind spots and helped me to be more self-aware.

Essay drafting and editing: This was the most important and time-consuming part of the application. I knew that I had worthy experiences and numerous stories to tell, but it was important to convey those to the admissions team succinctly- and this is exactly what Rahul helped me with. Before diving into the essays, he made a point to talk about the School’s principles and values. We then discussed the essay prompts and what qualities the admissions team would want in the candidates.

Rahul pushed me on my essays. After reviewing my first draft, he interrogated the intent of my stories and the impact of the events. Later he would polish the rough edges so that the essays convey the message effectively. This is where, our initial calls and pre-work helped him to add genuine insights to my essays. Rahul ensured that the final draft was not only crisp but that it reflected the same original story written tenfold better. All thanks to his efficient team!

Interview Prep: I was overwhelmed to get interview calls from 60% of the schools that I applied to. In my opinion, interviews serve to gauge whether one can not only 'get in' but 'get through the MBA program. After getting an interview call, one is already more than halfway through the application and so it is paramount to prepare for this step and put forth all the points that set one apart as an applicant.

After giving me a list of questions that I could expect, Rahul conducted two mock interviews with me. He helped me structure my responses well. Not only did he focussed his feedback on the content, but also on the way I delivered my responses.

All coming to an end: Once I got the admits, Rahul helped me to finalize the school that was best for me. No matter how deep the pocket is, no one looks at the MBA costs without blinking. Rahul was quick enough to give me some realistic cost estimates and how I must budget for my MBA. His first-hand experience was an invaluable asset in this regard. His desire to help even after all the terms of our deal were completed, is the hallmark of a person who is there not just for the financial gain but to genuinely make a difference in the lives of MBA candidates.

More to it? What differentiates Rahul from other consultants is his nature to go above and beyond to provide a personalized coaching. Below, I have written three examples elucidating how Rahul helped me arm myself in the MBA battle.

First, Rahul is a very resourceful and friendly person. He helped me connect with some of his past students, get support letters, and make new friends.

Second, he shared his insights about job markets in India, the USA, and Canada and how things might change in future. We even talked a lot about life in general and Covid-19.

The best thing about Rahul is that rather than spoon-feeding me, he brainstormed, gave examples, and explained the right approach- thus helping me to evolve during the process.

Not to forget, Rahul always kept a watchful eye on my preparations. I can never forget the time when he called me to remind me about an application deadline!

MBA Application Results:

Apart from a few other admits, I got an offer from Kelley School of Business, which I finally accepted. To my surprise, I was also offered a generous scholarship.

To get 5-6 interview calls in one of the MOST competitive years in the past decade is an accomplishment that I feel proud of. I also feel more confident in my abilities. Without Rahul’s effort and constant motivation, I would not have been able to achieve such impeccable results.

Few Final thoughts:

The process of applying for MBA abroad is long and tiring, so it is important to have a plan. Give yourself ample time so that you do not need to rush at the last moment or compromise on quality. Having said that, it is okay to be clueless and blank at times. Never lose hope in yourself.

MBA application journey is a roller coaster ride and Rahul from MBA Dreams is exactly the kind of friend whom you would want to enjoy this ride with. He is my go-to guy- he listened to my cribbing with the same level of interest with which he he congratulated me when I received an admit. His calm and friendly attitude transformed a dreadful application process into a pleasing and stress-free one.

After working so closely with him for almost a year and discussing all my highs and lows, I feel that more than a consultant, Rahul is an amazing friend, a guide, and a confidante. Without his efforts and belief in my abilities, I would not have been able to secure admits from dream schools.

In the end, I would like to extend my gratitude to the entire team at MBA Dream (Best MBA Admissions Consultants for ISB). I highly recommend MBA Dream to all Indian applicants
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GRE 1: Q164 V159
GPA: 3.7
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Look at MBA Dream's website (might be a little outdated in terms of pricing) for help with MBA applications.
Working with Rahul is easy. He is to the point and supports you exactly how you need it. Applications are overwhelming, but he can help with whatever you need, whenever you need it, irrespective of how tough a time he's going through. He makes the whole thing seem achievable.
I would recommend Rahul and MBA Dream to anyone looking for a no-nonsense approach for their applications.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33 (Online)
Send PM
I remember I had spoken to Rahul for the first time in March'21 and instantly felt that it would be a great decision to work along with him. One of my undergrad seniors had worked with him for his MBA applications an year before and he was all in praise. Rahul did mention to me that I should be done with my GMAT urgently in next couple of months, so that we have ample amount of time to prep for applications.

Post giving my GMAT, I gave a call to Rahul the very same day and started working to shortlist schools for my MBA in US and Canada. We had multiple discussions on college shortlisting, my background and profile built-up and how I should frameup my stories for the essays. The part I really appreciated about working with Rahul was his approachability and keen sense of understanding what the schools want to read from our applications.

Once we started submitting essays, we immediately started to prepare for our interviews and that helped me work upon myself to make me better prepared. Even though, I didn't get admits from our first round of applications, Rahul pushed me to constantly apply to other schools without considering the number of newer essays and iterations we would jointly would have to do. This motivated to further apply to few other schools.

In an overview, I ended up getting shortlisted for interviews from approx. three-fifths of the schools I had applied and while I am still waiting to hear from one-fifth of the schools on waitlist decisions, I have secured admits from one-fifth of the schools I have applied in US & Canada. The feather in the cap was receiving approx. 80% scholarship from one of the schools. I narrowed it down to joining Schulich School of Business in Toronto, Canada which was one of the schools in my top considerations.

I would sincerely recommend anyone thinking of applying to schools for their MBA to work with Rahul. My entire journey over the past 8 months of working with him is a testimony to his working experience & knowledge in this field, from which a lot of prospective applicants could benefit from.

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 103 [0]
Given Kudos: 120
Concentration: Leadership, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.02
Send PM
Good MBA admission consultants in India [#permalink]
MBA DREAM (Rahul Arora): https://www.mbadream.in/

When I started my MBA application journey, I was already late to the party. Most of my friends had either submitted their applications or were already working with an admission consultant. I started reaching out to all the admission consultants in the industry, only to realize that they were either supremely overpriced or not accommodating last minute entrants like me.

A friend of mine then recommended me to get in touch with Rahul bhai (as I call him) from "mbadream". Based on the initial call itself, I knew I found my mentor who will help me navigate this arduous and daunting journey. He was extremely calm and assured me that I will still be able to meet my deadlines. I felt as if I won half the battle that day itself.

Over the next 2 months, I worked on 7-8 different applications (with overlapping deadlines) but I always had Rahul and the exceptionally talented team at mbadreams to support me throughout the process. Whether it be the brainstorming sessions, or the essay, or the mock interviews, mbadream is a one stop shop for all the needs.

Rahul was ever approachable even during the toughest days of the pandemic and that reflects his commitment to the candidate's success story. One thing that makes Rahul stand out from the other admission consultants is that he is brutally honest. In hindsight, I attribute my success to those harsh yet honest feedback sessions which were instrumental in crafting a convincing story for the applications.

I genuinely wouldn't have made it to the University of Oxford (Saïd Business School) if it weren't for Rahul & mbadream. To sum it up, one can only imagine to get this kind of an industry expertise at this price anywhere else. Put your trust in mbadream and you'll definitely cross the finish line!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
1siriusblack wrote:
Hi

Excuse me if this topic is a little out of place.

I wanted to know which are the best admission consultants in India. If anyone can share reviews, it will be very helpful for me.

Thank you

Really not out of place. TBH, I can see why it would be more concerning with the number of those.
Strongly recommend the consultants that help you personalize application.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GRE 1: Q167 V164
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
I would highly recommend Rahul from MBA Dream to anyone seeking an MBA application consultant, he is both knowledgeable and dedicated. I have worked with him while applying for bunch of international MBA programs. He took a very systematic approach to the application process. He encouraged me to disregard my low GPA, educational gap, and higher experience (10+ years) and instead concentrate on my primary areas of strength. He helped me in crafting my story, guided me on how to highlight certain key points and helped me give the overall profile a logical structure and flow. He is proactive in following up and giving constant reminders for deadlines. With his guidance, we shortlisted few international programs and I received interview calls from almost from all the schools I applied. Finally, I received admits from USC Marshall, William & Mary ($28k scholarship), Katz ($48K scholarship +GA) and Weatherhead ($60 k+ GA). I wanted to take a moment to express my sincere gratitude for all the incredible help and support MBA Dream provided me during my MBA application process. Your dedication, expertise, and guidance truly made a remarkable difference in my life and I cannot thank you enough.
GMAT Club Bot