Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 16:20 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 16:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1586 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi,

Could anyone please evaluate my profile. I am looking for 2018 admissions and my target schools are IIMB EPGP, IIMC PGPEX and ISB.

My GMAT score:680

Academics:
Studied in JNTU. 68%
10th : 87 %
12th: 94%

I am 27 years male working in Product based IT (NetCracker Technology) in area of Quality Assurance.
Have 6.5 years working experience with 10 months of Onsite experience (Canada). Currently working as Test Analyst in Canada at client place.

Received Spotlight Excellence award in 2011 and 2014 for T-Mobile and Viasat projects.
Received ACE award for T-Mobile in 2011.
Certified SME in PERL and Unix.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Susheel
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

Could anyone please evaluate my profile. I am looking for 2018 admissions and my target schools are IIMB EPGP, IIMC PGPEX and ISB.

Academics:
Studied in JNTU. 68%

I am 27 years male working in Product based IT (NetCracker Technology) in area of Quality Assurance.
Have 6.5 years working experience with 10 months of Onsite experience (Canada). Currently working as Test Analyst in Canada at client place.

Received Spotlight Excellence award in 2011 and 2014 for T-Mobile and Viasat projects.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Susheel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 77
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,
Please evaluate my profile
I have 7-8 years of working experience in power sector as an executive engineer in nuclear power corporation of India limited (a PSU).
I have done my BE in mechanical engg. with70%.
12th with 70%.
What GMAT score do I need to get into ISB this year.
I am a creative person actively participate in many extra curricular activities. I have so many certificates also.
I am a 30 years old female.

Thanks & regards
ISB School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
Send PM
chinnasusheel15 wrote:
Hi,

Academics:
Studied in JNTU. 68%

Please advise.

Thanks,
Susheel

From post ISB employ-ability point of view, you have a decent profile though you fall in the pool of applicants which is most common at ISB. One thing which could help you in standing apart from the average pool could be a good GMAT score (anything above 720). So, you should try to improve your score given that time is available for R1 deadline.

I dont know whether IIM B or IIM C executive programs would be a right fit for you because in my view the batch profile there is more tilted towards middle-to-senior level executives with experience of around 8-10 years. You should also do some research on other b-schools which give 1 year MBA like HEC, IE and INSEAD depending upon your long-term goals and aspirations.

Wish you luck.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
VJtalk wrote:
Hi,
I have 7-8 years of working experience in power sector as an executive engineer in nuclear power corporation of India limited (a PSU).
12th with 70%.
I am a creative person actively participate in many extra curricular activities. I have so many certificates also.

Thanks & regards

Your work ex looks good and diverse. ISB gets few female applicants with your kind of experience. Target a 700 on GMAT and with decent essays you should get an interview call.

Feel free to contact us for any queries.

Apphelp Team
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Hi, can you please evaluate my profile for ISB 2017 batch?

Nationality- Indian
Age- 26
Gender- Male
GMAT- 680(Q49, V33)
- 710(Q50, V34)
Graduation- Mechanical Engineer with 2.76/4 GPA

Work Experience- 4 years, will be 5 by the time of enrollment
Owner of Polymer India- We deal with various types of industrial packaging products(like Pail Containers, Hdpe bottles, Pet bottles, Hdpe Drums) & Recycling plastic raw material(HDPE, LDPE, PP). Our suppliers are companies who deal with pesticides and chemicals, so quality has been one of our trademark from the very first day.
P.S- This is not a family business. It's an enterprise started solely by me after my graduation.

Key Responsibilities-

Maintaining relationships with suppliers as well as distributors.

Held numerous training seminars to teach as well as learn from the staff of manufacturing unit as well as office staff- These seminars not only increased the knowledge of everyone but increased productivity and led to better team work and understanding in everyone.

Ensuring product specifications and quality remain up to date.

Devising new promotional activities and schemes for marketing the products.

Ensuring all the billing and paperwork is done in a systematic way.

Achievements-

Increasing the product portfolio from five products in 2012 to more than fifty products today.

Improved designs and high quality increased the turnover by more than 200% in three years(In the first year, i designed a mold of pail container which not only reduced the weight of the container by more than a 100grams but also maintained the same strength- a design which is followed by all our competitors today)

Reducing the manufacturing costs by more than 50% in the span of two years.

The growth of the team from five members in 2012 to more than thirty members today.

Other Activities-

Presently learning French- course A1
Worked on a project titled "Benchmarking Automobile Industry" for Mahle Filters India for 4 months
Stood first in Junkyard competiton organised by our University.
Organised "Treasure Hunt" in our University annual fest.

Active member of Kreyan- an NGO which aims at working towards underprivileged and blind children since the last 2 years. Primary responsibility includes teaching the kids.

Thank You
Ashutosh Aggarwal
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
<Apologies for the double post>. <Moderators please remove this one. Thanks!>

Originally posted by GyanOne on 22 May 2016, 21:24.
Last edited by GyanOne on 22 May 2016, 21:29, edited 1 time in total.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
ashutosh1617 wrote:

Nationality- Indian
Age- 26
Gender- Male
GMAT- 680(Q49, V33)
- 710(Q50, V34)

Owner of Polymer India- We deal with various types of industrial packaging products(like Pail Containers, Hdpe bottles, Pet bottles, Hdpe Drums) & Recycling plastic raw material(HDPE, LDPE, PP). Our suppliers are companies who deal with pesticides and chemicals, so quality has been one of our trademark from the very first day.
P.S- This is not a family business. It's an enterprise started solely by me after my graduation.

Key Responsibilities-

Held numerous training seminars to teach as well as learn from the staff of manufacturing unit as well as office staff- These seminars not only increased the knowledge of everyone but increased productivity and led to better team work and understanding in everyone.

Achievements-

Increasing the product portfolio from five products in 2012 to more than fifty products today.

Improved designs and high quality increased the turnover by more than 200% in three years(In the first year, i designed a mold of pail container which not only reduced the weight of the container by more than a 100grams but also maintained the same strength- a design which is followed by all our competitors today)

The growth of the team from five members in 2012 to more than thirty members today.

Other Activities-

Worked on a project titled "Benchmarking Automobile Industry" for Mahle Filters India for 4 months

Active member of Kreyan- an NGO which aims at working towards underprivileged and blind children since the last 2 years. Primary responsibility includes teaching the kids.

Thank You
Ashutosh Aggarwal

Hi Ashutosh

Your entrepreneurial experience stands you in good stead. Your GMAT score is decent, and your ECA and achievements at work help you stand out in spite of your average acads. The fact that you founded your own concern and grew it, rather than managed a family business, really helps. What is now needed is for you to build a strong connect with your future goals through ISB, and show how an MBA can help you grow further. You are very well-placed in terms of an application to ISB right now. All the best and feel free to come back with further questions as needed.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
ashutosh1617 wrote:

Nationality- Indian
Age- 26
Gender- Male
GMAT- 680(Q49, V33)
- 710(Q50, V34)

Key Responsibilities-

Achievements-

Other Activities-

Thank You
Ashutosh Aggarwal

Hi Ashutosh,

Your overall candidature is strong. ISB ( or any Bschool for that matter) values first gen entrepreneurs. 710 on GMAT is fine. Access the gaps in your skillset and need of MBA and align your goals essay accordingly.

You are good to start working on essays. Feel free to contact us for any queries.

Apphelp Team
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1586 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
VJtalk wrote:
Hi,
12th with 70%.

Thanks & regards

VJtalk, your academics are average, but your overall profile is excellent. The key question you will need to answer with as much experience in a PSU is - what do you wish to do now, and how does ISB fit in between? While even a 680 could work very well for you, if you aim, aim high - so go for 700 and beyond. Should you be able to do that, you will have bright chances of making it.

Feel free to get in touch with us for further queries as needed.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
chinnasusheel15 wrote:
Hi,

Academics:
Studied in JNTU. 68%

Please advise.

Thanks,
Susheel

Hi Susheel

While the magnitude of your work experience is fine, and your onsite experience adds further to your profile, they key issue you will need to tackle in your apps is using your excellent QA background to show a relevance with business and technology skills for the future. While your profile is good, QA candidates can sometimes be looked upon as lacking client management experience and management insight, so make sure that you highlight these.

Also, if you can increase your GMAT score by a further 20 points, it would help. The category of applicants you are coming from is very competitive, so a strong GMAT score is important. IIMB EPGP and IIMC PGPEX seem good choices in addition to ISB.

All the best and feel free to come back with further queries or to contact us.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Work Ex: 6 yrs (4.5 years in IT. Then switched from IT to a well known online media startup)

X - 87%
XII - 81 %
B. E - First class with distinction
Previous GMAT attempt : 630

1. Do I stand a chance at the current score? If not, what should be a good score?
2. I under that cracker of essays are, if not more, equally important. Should I be looking at any other important aspect?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Work Ex: 6 yrs (4.5 years in IT. Then switched from IT to a well known online media startup)

Work experience

IT work ex:
1. Joined as a trainee and was hand picked by the India director for Life Sciences (vertical that deals with pharmas) to work as a Business Analyst. Joined the bid response team
2. Chosen to mentor the new batches recruited by the company
3. Mentor at the company's public speaking skills workshop
4. Also did a fair bit of branding for the vertical

Startup work ex:
1. Gave up H1B to jump into the startup world
2. Lead a content heavy vertical
3. Exposed to content creation and generation
4. Worked on online growth strategy
5. Organising interactive meetups

Academic details
X - 87%
XII - 81 %
Previous GMAT attempt (2014) : 630

Extra Curriclar
1. Extremely active in extra curriculars and sports. Have won numerous prizes as well
2. Was awarded the best speaker at the college seminar as well
3. Extremely passionate about fitness and nutrition. Run a (semi active) blog about the same

Questions
1. Do I stand a chance at the current score? If not, what should be a good score?
2. I under that cracker of essays are, if not more, equally important. Should I be looking at any other important aspect?
3. Other schools in my list - IIM A/B/C, INSEAD (Singapore), and NUS. If you can answer question 1 and 2 around these schools, I'll be grateful.

Thank you!
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Thanks for sharing.

Your GMAT score is on the low side. Consider retaking, doing better than the average at your respective target schools would help your chances of admissions.

You would also want strong recommendation letters that would play up your leadership potential and ability to collaborate. It would also be a good way to address other potential concerns about your profile.

Wish you all the best!
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1586 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
ss18 wrote:

Work experience

IT work ex:
1. Joined as a trainee and was hand picked by the India director for Life Sciences (vertical that deals with pharmas) to work as a Business Analyst. Joined the bid response team
2. Chosen to mentor the new batches recruited by the company
3. Mentor at the company's public speaking skills workshop
4. Also did a fair bit of branding for the vertical

Startup work ex:
1. Gave up H1B to jump into the startup world
2. Lead a content heavy vertical
3. Exposed to content creation and generation
4. Worked on online growth strategy
5. Organising interactive meetups

Academic details
X - 87%
XII - 81 %
Previous GMAT attempt (2014) : 630

Extra Curriclar
1. Extremely active in extra curriculars and sports. Have won numerous prizes as well
2. Was awarded the best speaker at the college seminar as well
3. Extremely passionate about fitness and nutrition. Run a (semi active) blog about the same

Questions
3. Other schools in my list - IIM A/B/C, INSEAD (Singapore), and NUS. If you can answer question 1 and 2 around these schools, I'll be grateful.

Thank you!

Hi

While your profile looks promising, your GMAT score will be insufficient at all of the schools you mention. Try and raise it to 700 and above, and if possible try to hit 720. Cannot comment on your current work ex without more information on what the startup you are part of deals with, and what your contributions there have been. The work experience you classify as IT too will not really be classified as IT, so a bit of an advantage there. Provided you can improve your GMAT, ISB and the IIMs become realistic options for you, and so does NUS. INSEAD may remain a tough nut to crack.

Feel free to come back with further questions as needed or to contact us directly with any queries.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 95
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: NUS '18
GPA: 2.08
WE:Business Development (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile below:

10th - 74.8%
12th - 61.2%
B.E (2013 Batch) - 69.9%
Total work experience - Overall of 4+ years of work experience in sales, marketing, operations, Alliances, Business Strategies, relationship management and so on along with 1+ year of entrepreneurial experience.
GMAT - Yet not taken
Target schools - ISB, INSEAD, IIMs

Extra Curricular: (mentioning only what I have done in college)
1. I worked as a core member for the social welfare club of my college.
2. Started one Youth Oriented weekly newspaper in the city. Ran it for almost a year and then it got shut down. I was mainly responsible for generating the revenue by getting the advertisements for the newspaper which was completely unknown for the city.
3. Hosted Kumar Vishwas in the college fest.

Work Experience: (I have worked only with start-ups)
1. Started as a Business Development Executive with a start-up company based out in Bangalore.
2. Before I started sales I worked as customer care executive for one month that too in night shift when the company was getting the maximum complaints. I did so because I believed that for an Business Developer it is of paramount importance to understand the product thoroughly and how exactly your product can solve your customer’s problem. I got a total of 100 clients for the company during my tenure of work.
3. Awarded as star performer in the month of September 2013 for getting the maximum number of clients on board in a particular month.
4. Wrote few case studies and did some video presentations one of which got published on the company’s official website.

5. After working for 1 year, joined another start-up. I was leading the overall sales and marketing and was responsible for getting the first 25 clients on board.
6. Got promoted as senior manager within 5 months and after that I was handling a team of 5 other people.

7. After working for another 9 months, I finally ended up co-founding my own start-up.
8. It was an e-commerce start-up and being the only guy from the sales background, I was responsible for the survival of the company.
9. During my tenure, I successfully took the company to 10,000 bookings and took the start-up to break even point. (Ran for almost 1.3 years before I took the exit)

Please evaluate my profile and do let me know if I have a chance to make it to my target schools? Do poor acads matter when it comes to our applications? How much GMAT score I should target for to make it to my target B-schools.

Thanks in advance
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thank you GyanOne! I'll come back with more questions. INSEAD remains the top choice for me and if you suggest a specific area I should work on, I'll be happy to do so.

Best,
SS18

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  307