Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:44 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 131 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.32
Send PM
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]
gumbyland wrote:
Just submitted my application for R2! Best of luck to everyone who's in the same boat.

This may be the most paranoid question on this forum, but...I took a look through the PDF that the system generates after you hit submit, and I couldn't see any of the attachments I uploaded (resume, transcript, essay, additional info). With the other schools I applied to, I either could actually read the essays themselves, or at least see that I've added a file.

...I'm sure I'm just being extra-paranoid, since there were no error messages indicating any missing info in my application. But this entire MBA-seeking process has made me a bit stir-crazy.

Is this just a weird thing with the GSB application system? Is there anyone here that can see their attachments?

Thanks!

Same here, don’t worry, before submitting, I went through View version and it was available!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]
Evgart wrote:
gumbyland wrote:
Just submitted my application for R2! Best of luck to everyone who's in the same boat.

This may be the most paranoid question on this forum, but...I took a look through the PDF that the system generates after you hit submit, and I couldn't see any of the attachments I uploaded (resume, transcript, essay, additional info). With the other schools I applied to, I either could actually read the essays themselves, or at least see that I've added a file.

...I'm sure I'm just being extra-paranoid, since there were no error messages indicating any missing info in my application. But this entire MBA-seeking process has made me a bit stir-crazy.

Is this just a weird thing with the GSB application system? Is there anyone here that can see their attachments?

Thanks!

Same here, don’t worry, before submitting, I went through View version and it was available!

Phew. That's good to hear. Thanks!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
just submitted my application. Starting the essays couple hour before deadline wasn't a good idea but atleast the adrenaline rush helped me express myself more vividly hahah
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Other
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
mbsingh wrote:
just submitted my application. Starting the essays couple hour before deadline wasn't a good idea but atleast the adrenaline rush helped me express myself more vividly hahah

Lol good luck

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
HeadingEast wrote:
mbsingh wrote:

Lol good luck

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

lol Thanks, ill need all the good luck.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
GMAT 1: 200 Q1 V1
GPA: 1
Send PM
In for the ride. Saved the Stanford App for last as I could draw from my other essays and then added some personal touches.
Intern
Intern
WE:Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
mbsingh wrote:

hey, just wondering, did your recommenders have time to fill out their references?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
katran wrote:
mbsingh wrote:

hey, just wondering, did your recommenders have time to fill out their references?

yeah i was bugging them for a year so during holidays i started the applications and sent them links.
They finished the recommendations, all i had to was finish the app and submit it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mbsingh wrote:
katran wrote:
mbsingh wrote:

yeah i was bugging them for a year so during holidays i started the applications and sent them links.
They finished the recommendations, all i had to was finish the app and submit it.

that's cool! good luck!)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
What scared me was that even after 10am on Wednesday, I could still unsubmit my application.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
diverboy1988 wrote:
What scared me was that even after 10am on Wednesday, I could still unsubmit my application.

I notice that as well. I assume it was a manual set up.
Now the status "In Review".
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
When do you think we will hear from them next?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
mbsingh wrote:

I also like live dangerously.

But seriously, my best essay drafts were written when I was either short on time or drunk (no joke). Best of luck mate!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.32
Send PM
Kudos
Just got an email from GSB re next steps:

"5 February through 6 March 2018: Interview Invitations
During this period, we will extend interview invitations daily via email. Interviews are by invitation only, and an interview is required for admission. We hope to interview roughly 1,000 applicants this application year.

If you are invited to interview, you will receive an invitation between 5 February and 6 March. We will send Round 2 interview invitations once each weekday at 10:30 am Pacific Time (so no need to refresh your email all day).

If you have not received an interview invitation by 6 March, you will not be interviewed in this round.

Please do not submit additional materials in support of your application. Rest assured that there is nothing more you need to do to get our attention or improve your chances for an interview; your application speaks for itself.

6 March 2018: Application Status Update
On 6 March, you may log in to your online application for an update on the status of your application. At this stage, there will be three possibilities:

You have already been invited to interview, and will receive a final decision on 29 March. At that time you will be admitted, denied, or offered a spot in the waitpool.
You were not selected for an interview, and your application is denied. This decision is final.
You are being offered a spot in the waitpool with the possibility of being invited to interview at a future date.
29 March 2018: Decision Notification Date
All official decisions will be released and available when you log in to your online application on 29 March."

Now long-long-long process to wait...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [4]
Given Kudos: 101
Schools: Booth '21 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
With hat tip to great person whodis who did some cool analysis last year (and also made it to Stanford).
It's going to be a long wait, and real action will only start in 3rd week of Feb..

https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... l#p1817360
Attachments

R2D31.png
R2D31.png [ 155.1 KiB | Viewed 6122 times ]

Denied
14 Nov, 2017
13 Jan 2018, 23:22
Private, GMAT: 730, Q48, V42; GPA: 3.26; WE: 76 months; United States, CA; via Email [#permalink]
Denied
18 Oct, 2017
14 Jan 2018, 10:10
Private, GMAT: 730, Q51, V36; GPA: 4; WE: 37 months; India; via Email [#permalink]
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  24   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts