GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Jun 2019, 13:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 620 Q46 V30
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.37
Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2019, 13:25
Hello! Please review my profile for HEC MBA program.

Current profession: Engineer in legal conformity assessment
Experience: 3 years in current company (1 year in Shanghai, 2 years in Paris and Lyon, internal mutation)
Frequent team switch and several international projects

post-MBA goals:
Start a career in consulting or analytical service
Run my own consultancy in international trade.

Degrees: Bachelor in science and engineering (China)
French engineering degree + Master in science
GMAT score: 710 Q50 V34. but clearly there was a computer crash right before my IR test so I got 1 point in IR. Previous test showed a 5 as IR score.
Language: French (professional language) Mandarin (Bilingual)

Extracurricular Activities:
- Learning new skills: python, sql and other tools
- Organizer of a cultural association for two years. See BlablaLanguageExchange, you may find one in your city.

Hobbies:
- Running and Volleyball
- Driving
- Sketch and painting
- wide range of musics

Currently taking a block of courses in business foundations through coursera.

Thank you guys. Hope we see each other next year!
B
Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2019, 13:31
Hi I want honest opinion on my chances for HEC Paris. My details are as follows:

Back ground: Indian, Female, will be 27 years old in June
Education: B.Tech in Electronics from West Bengal University of Technology in India
CGPA: 7.75/10
12th: 72%
10th: 87.125%
GMAT Score: 650, I will be taking GMAT again, targeting 700
Domain: Business Improvement—Operational excellence
Experience: 3 years 4months till now

Job description:
I am working with British Telecom. My designation is Operational Continuous Improvement Lead. I work with different teams to cater Lean practice inside their BAU. Also currently working on 6 sigma projects.

Leadership Experience: I have led AIS team and am currently leading IM team for their Bronze accreditation by BQF. AIS team consists of 14 members and IM team consists of 25 members.

Professional Achievements:

1. Best employee
2. Star award
3. Lean Six sigma Green belt certified
4. Lean Practitioner certified
5. Bronze accreditation by BQF for AIS team under my supervision

Extracurricular:
1. State level Bronze medallist in Singing (Rabindra Sangeet)
2. Won some competitions during school and college in Recitation
3. (Not sure whether to mention as entrepreneurial experience) during my graduation I have cofounded a local organisation along with some of my friends. We provided tuition to the students who are not able to pay enough for their education, also introduce them with the part of extracurricular activities, which they find interesting.

International Exposure:
Professional: Not travelled in different countries. But I have worked and am working in Global projects which includes different teams across globe.

Post MBA goals:
Want to join strategy consulting firm
BSchool Thread Master
B
Concentration: General Management, Operations
Schools: HEC '22, IMD '21, IESE '22
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2019, 13:45
Hello HEC MBA aspirants.
If you would like to know your chances except this post, you can meet admissions coordinators in your nearby area. I personally did it in the QS MBA fair and I felt it positive. These coordinators will give you an unofficial feedback, chances and some ideas to improve. You can also ask an unofficial assessment on the HEC website which might not be as beneficial as compared to a face meeting.

For Indian candidates: HEC will be available in Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore around 22-28 April. Check it and take advantage of it.

Enjoy. All the best.

Posted from my mobile device

"Always keep in mind that nobody can predict your chances of admit unless you apply"
Intern
Intern
Schools: HEC Jan19 Intake
GMAT 1: 730 Q52 V40
GPA: 3.13
Re: Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2019, 22:32
Hello all,

I am a mechanical engineer working in the electric drive train design team for 45 months.
Indian Male
GMAT: 730
TOEFL: 108
GPA: 3.1 / 4

Profile:
1. Working in the same company for 45 months and I have received 2 promotions during this period. I am discharging duties as a Associate Project Manager for a team of 4.
I work with myriad cross functional teams and I am responsible a special sample.

I am the Training Coordinator for a group of 150 people too. My work in this role was recognized with a One Time Award.

International work experience:
1 month in 2018 in Germany; 6 months in 2019 in Germany

Extracurricular:
I am the CSR coordinator for a group of 30 at my organization; We have adopted a school and we are working towards uplifting it to a point where students would be able to compete with other schools

Passion:
I am passionate about Automotive clean energy and since my engineering project, I can show that I have worked in clean energy for the automotive sector
I was the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) President in my undergrad and I was the captain of a team of 15.

Post-MBA Plans:
I would like to move into Strategy preferably in the same domain (Electric vehicles domain)

Target schools:
1. Rotterdam school of Management: This is my safe school
2. HEC Paris: This is my ambitious school
3. INSEAD: This is my dream school. I know I am going to waste my application fee but I really want to give this a shot.
4. Mannheim Berlin: This is my safe school
5. ESMT: This is my safe school

I would really appreciate if you can suggest any new schools to apply.

Thank you very much in advance!

Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
WE: Other (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 28 May 2019, 22:19
Hello Sughosh9055,

Your profile is impressive. If you are aiming for Fall 2020, you will have approx. 5 years of experience by then. Working as Associate Project Manager, with cross functional international teams and recognitions, is cherry on the top.

I would love to hear more from you.

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Schedule a Free Intro Session here.

sughosh9055 wrote:
Hello all,

I am a mechanical engineer working in the electric drive train design team for 45 months.
Indian Male

Profile:
1. Working in the same company for 45 months and I have received 2 promotions during this period. I am discharging duties as a Associate Project Manager for a team of 4.
I work with myriad cross functional teams and I am responsible a special sample.

I am the Training Coordinator for a group of 150 people too. My work in this role was recognized with a One Time Award.

Extracurricular:
I am the CSR coordinator for a group of 30 at my organization; We have adopted a school and we are working towards uplifting it to a point where students would be able to compete with other schools

Passion:
I am passionate about Automotive clean energy and since my engineering project, I can show that I have worked in clean energy for the automotive sector
I was the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) President in my undergrad and I was the captain of a team of 15.

Post-MBA Plans:
I would like to move into Strategy preferably in the same domain (Electric vehicles domain)

Target schools:
3. INSEAD: This is my dream school. I know I am going to waste my application fee but I really want to give this a shot.

Originally posted by MBAnBConsulting on 21 May 2019, 21:32.
Last edited by MBAnBConsulting on 28 May 2019, 22:19, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2019, 02:09
Hi Experts!

I'd like to kindly request you for your feedback on my profile. Here goes.

Background:
Indian Male
Age 27
GMAT 720
Industry: Consulting (Front end consulting role in one of the largest HR Consulting organizations in the world, typically held by Tier-1 MBA professionals)

Education:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from IIT Delhi (CGPA – 7.0)

Work Experience: Total 4+ years (in india)
Worked for over 2 years in a social sector consulting startup and 1 year in an election campaign strategy firm (a SuperPAC). Working in the strategic HR consulting for last 1 year.

Extra curriculars – Won international competitions and worked on two international projects in Europe. Worked as Coordinator in various campus festivals and a student association club.

Post MBA Goal – Work in MBB strategy consulting firms

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2019, 10:50
Dear all,

Please evaluate my profile for 2020 intake

Personal profile: 25 years, female, Indian

Academic background:
Msc.(Hons.) Mathematics and B.E. Hons(Mechanical) from BITS PILANI PILANI CAMPUS (Tier -1 college which ranks at par with IIT's)
10th from CBSE: 92.7%
12th from CBSE: 91.4%
GMAT: Total score : 710 (Q50 V35 AWA 4.5 and IR 8)

Professional background:
Quant Analyst in financial services risk mananagement in one of the big four accounting firms.
Worked as a consultant to major US banks for developing their internal models as per latest FRTB regulations.
Performed annual model review for credit, market models as per SR11-7 regulations.

Extracurriculars :Organized cultural events of a regional association as the secretary , conducted several events during cultural fests as the joint coordinator of a club.

Total Work experience: 22 months (as on May 2019)
BSchool Thread Master
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2019, 00:57
Hi,
Your academics are strong and hope you carry a good brand name professionally. There is an important thing required to give you more clear information, i.e. Post MBA goals. Your experience is quite less as compared to the avg. If you apply for Sep'20 intake, you will have close to 3 years of experience. Do not worry, people got in there with 3-4 yrs of experience. In the meantime, you can also improve your extra curricular.

Thanks.

Sam4u wrote:
Dear all,

Academic background:
Msc.(Hons.) Mathematics and B.E. Hons(Mechanical) from BITS PILANI PILANI CAMPUS (Tier -1 college which ranks at par with IIT's)

Professional background:
Quant Analyst in financial services risk mananagement in one of the big four accounting firms.
Worked as a consultant to major US banks for developing their internal models as per latest FRTB regulations.
Performed annual model review for credit, market models as per SR11-7 regulations.

Extracurriculars :Organized cultural events of a regional association as the secretary , conducted several events during cultural fests as the joint coordinator of a club.

"Always keep in mind that nobody can predict your chances of admit unless you apply"
BSchool Thread Master
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2019, 01:09
Hi,
You have a strong overall profile, academics, well known college and clear goals in going to consulting sector. I think you should look at some other schools (INSEAD, LBS) as well.

Thanks.

Sid5050 wrote:
Hi Experts!

I'd like to kindly request you for your feedback on my profile. Here goes.

Background:
Indian Male
Age 27
GMAT 720
Industry: Consulting (Front end consulting role in one of the largest HR Consulting organizations in the world, typically held by Tier-1 MBA professionals)

Education:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from IIT Delhi (CGPA – 7.0)

Work Experience: Total 4+ years (in india)
Worked for over 2 years in a social sector consulting startup and 1 year in an election campaign strategy firm (a SuperPAC). Working in the strategic HR consulting for last 1 year.

Extra curriculars – Won international competitions and worked on two international projects in Europe. Worked as Coordinator in various campus festivals and a student association club.

Post MBA Goal – Work in MBB strategy consulting firms

Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
WE: Other (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2019, 04:57
Hey Sam4u,

Here is the analysis:

- Academics Capacity: Your GMAT score, Engineering College, Xth and XIIth percentages are good.
- Leadership: Can't comment, do not have much visibility from your post.
- Work Experience: Though you will just touch 3 years of work exp, if you apply to Fall 2020, but big names (big four accounting firms and consultant to major US banks) matter in such cases.
- ECs: Need more input from you on recent years, not just from your college.

Can you expand more on Leadership, ability to contribute and current ECs?

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Schedule a Free 45 min Session here.

Sam4u wrote:
Dear all,

Academic background:

Professional background:

Experts' Global Representative
S

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2019, 03:18
sughosh9055 wrote:
Hello all,

Indian Male

Profile:

Extracurricular:

Passion:

Post-MBA Plans:

Target schools:

Hello sughosh9055,

Thanks for writing in.

Considering your GMAT score, international work experience, leadership potential, and project management skills, you will have a strong chance at cracking HEC Paris.

It is recommended that you focus on preparing your essays now. Use your essays to convey your skills and achievements in an appropriate manner and focus on putting forth a set of logical career goals.

If you are able to take care of the above, you will have a strong chance at your "ambitious school" :-)

All the best!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation
BSchool Thread Master
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2019, 05:03
Hi,
You have got impressive profile and good chances to get in. I would suggest you to look at some Alumni, who has gone to Automotive Industry after the MBA. As you want to go into Electric Vehicle domain, you must target GERMANY. As far as I know, German auto manufacturers are quite slow in adapting EV domain, but now it's the time for them to run quickly with many EU regulations coming up.

sughosh9055 wrote:
Hello all,

Indian Male

Profile:

Extracurricular:

Passion:

Post-MBA Plans:

Target schools:

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2019, 06:27
Background and Nationality:
Indian, Male, Age 23

Undergrad Information:
B.Tech in Computer Science from Manipal Institute of Technology with a CGPA of 8.4 (10 point scale).

GMAT:
760 (Q49, V44)

Work experience and achievements:
1. 3 years at Microsoft India Development Center as a software engineer.
2. Decent international exposure:
2 month internship at Atos GmbH Munich.
Multiple hackathon wins, one of which allowed me to pitch to investors in San Francisco as part of a hackathon series in which 12 teams were selected from across the world.
Have traveled to 10 different countries (in Europe, Asia Pacific and North America).
3. Have a published patent.

Additional thoughts:
I'm looking to target the top MBA schools in Europe (HEC, LBS, INSEAD). From what I gather, a few weaknesses in my profile include:
1. Relatively less work ex
2. Indian IT Male
3. Not a top tier undergrad college

Would be grateful for any feedback.
BSchool Thread Master
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2019, 07:16
Hi,
I want to start from your weaknesses (as per you), which in reality aren't (as per me):

1. Relatively less work ex - yes a bit, if you compare with avg. of schools in Europe and acceptable for the US B-schools
2. Indian IT Male - Do not worry about it. You have strong academics and spectacular GMAT score to keep you at the top of the pool
3. Not a top tier undergrad college - again, no worries. Strong CGPA and GMAT have proven your academic capability by default

You MUST apply to top B-schools not only in Europe but also in US. You will stand a great chance depending upon your essays, post MBA-goals, LOR, etc.

Info. missing - your Post MBA goals, Extra curricular, social cause .. Reply about them and I will provide you more information.

senko0296 wrote:
Background and Nationality:
Indian, Male, Age 23

Undergrad Information:
B.Tech in Computer Science from Manipal Institute of Technology with a CGPA of 8.4 (10 point scale).

GMAT:
760 (Q49, V44)

Work experience and achievements:
1. 3 years at Microsoft India Development Center as a software engineer.
2. Decent international exposure:
2 month internship at Atos GmbH Munich.
Multiple hackathon wins, one of which allowed me to pitch to investors in San Francisco as part of a hackathon series in which 12 teams were selected from across the world.
Have traveled to 10 different countries (in Europe, Asia Pacific and North America).
3. Have a published patent.

Additional thoughts:
I'm looking to target the top MBA schools in Europe (HEC, LBS, INSEAD). From what I gather, a few weaknesses in my profile include:
1. Relatively less work ex
2. Indian IT Male
3. Not a top tier undergrad college

Would be grateful for any feedback.

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '20

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2019, 05:38
Hi, Can you please help me in evaluating my profile for MBA at HEC Paris, Class of 2021

Nationality: Indian, Female, 24 years

Graduation(B.Tech.) - Tier 2 college-7.5 CGPA

GMAT:710(Q49,V36)

Work-Ex: 4 years in Data Analytics and Business Analysis field
2 years: ZS Associates
2 years: BCG

Extra Curricular:
-Leading the CSR group (60 people) at BCG and managing their monthly activities
-Active member of Robinhood army
-Core member of Women Leadership Initiatives at BCG, Events Team at BCG

Post MBA goals: Front end Consulting

Anything else:
12th - 91.4%
10th - 89%

BSchool Thread Master
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2019, 08:12
Hi,
Your overall profile seems interesting. Carrying a brand name like BCG is going to help. I think, you should focus on the essays and highlighting the women leadership initiatives at BCG.

I also suggest you to look more B-schools like INSEAD which are more into consulting.

letsnailit wrote:
Hi, Can you please help me in evaluating my profile for MBA at HEC Paris, Class of 2021

Nationality: Indian, Female, 24 years

Graduation(B.Tech.) - Tier 2 college-7.5 CGPA

GMAT:710(Q49,V36)

Work-Ex: 4 years in Data Analytics and Business Analysis field
2 years: ZS Associates
2 years: BCG

Extra Curricular:
-Leading the CSR group (60 people) at BCG and managing their monthly activities
-Active member of Robinhood army
-Core member of Women Leadership Initiatives at BCG, Events Team at BCG

Post MBA goals: Front end Consulting

Anything else:
12th - 91.4%
10th - 89%

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 620 Q46 V30
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.37

Show Tags

New post 13 Jun 2019, 05:47
Hi friends!

I had asked a profile evaluation before I took the tests. Now please help me with my IELTS score.

Overall Band 7.5
Listening 8.5
Reading and Speaking 7.5
Writing 6
(I'm a non-native speaker.)

I saw on HEC's website that they require 6.5 in each section. This puts some stress on me. Please kindly give me your advice!
Should I retake the IELTS?
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 13 Jun 2019, 09:18
Hi,
I think you should re-take it to avoid delay in your application submission. Do not stress. You should practice a bit and attempt it again. I hope you will get it.

PierreWU wrote:
Hi friends!

I had asked a profile evaluation before I took the tests. Now please help me with my IELTS score.

Overall Band 7.5
Listening 8.5
Reading and Speaking 7.5
Writing 6
(I'm a non-native speaker.)

I saw on HEC's website that they require 6.5 in each section. This puts some stress on me. Please kindly give me your advice!
Should I retake the IELTS?

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here   [#permalink] 13 Jun 2019, 09:18

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   [ 138 posts ] 

Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: gmatexam439