It is currently 18 Jan 2018, 23:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Yale SOM Calling all 2018 intake applicants - Class of 2020

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 10 May 2016
Posts: 44

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 3

Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
Re: Yale SOM Calling all 2018 intake applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2017, 01:59
5 to go! This group has been quiet lately. Anyone heard back with event invites or anything else?

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Jul 2015
Posts: 16

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Location: United States (NY)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.42
Re: Yale SOM Calling all 2018 intake applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2017, 02:07
MBAfreako wrote:
5 to go! This group has been quiet lately. Anyone heard back with event invites or anything else?
I haven’t heard anything from Yale since my interview. Is that normal? Do you think they have different communication plans for people who they are going to admit vs. reject? See how my mind races to the worst possible scenario ? lol.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 10 May 2016
Posts: 44

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 3

Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
Re: Yale SOM Calling all 2018 intake applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2017, 02:09
MrAmerica wrote:
MBAfreako wrote:
5 to go! This group has been quiet lately. Anyone heard back with event invites or anything else?
I haven’t heard anything from Yale since my interview. Is that normal? Do you think they have different communication plans for people who they are going to admit vs. reject? See how my mind races to the worst possible scenario ? lol.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Even I haven’t heard back on anything since my interview. Probably they call the admits? And mail the rejects?! Haha anxiety is killing me!


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 3

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Mar 2015
Posts: 50

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 8

GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Yale SOM Calling all 2018 intake applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2017, 21:49
Does anyone know the situation with Dean Snyder? Is he on sabbatical? Will the current acting dean eventually become the dean?

Sent from my MI 6 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 8

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Mar 2017
Posts: 40

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 32

Location: United States (FL)
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V46
GRE 1: 334 Q164 V170
GPA: 3
WE: Education (Education)
Yale SOM Calling all 2018 intake applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2017, 07:06
MBAfreako wrote:
MrAmerica wrote:
MBAfreako wrote:
5 to go! This group has been quiet lately. Anyone heard back with event invites or anything else?
I haven’t heard anything from Yale since my interview. Is that normal? Do you think they have different communication plans for people who they are going to admit vs. reject? See how my mind races to the worst possible scenario ? lol.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Even I haven’t heard back on anything since my interview. Probably they call the admits? And mail the rejects?! Haha anxiety is killing me!


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


No, there isn't any communication between interview and admissions outcome day (December 6th for R1), unless of course you initiate it.

Last edited by edgeook8 on 02 Dec 2017, 08:48, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 32

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Mar 2017
Posts: 40

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 32

Location: United States (FL)
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V46
GRE 1: 334 Q164 V170
GPA: 3
WE: Education (Education)
Re: Yale SOM Calling all 2018 intake applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2017, 07:09
CorporateFinancier wrote:
Does anyone know the situation with Dean Snyder? Is he on sabbatical? Will the current acting dean eventually become the dean?

Sent from my MI 6 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


During Interview Day, the acting dean said that Dean Snyder was on sabbatical specifically to travel to the Global Network schools to strengthen those relationships and build up that program. So I'd imagine he is truly expecting to return. I believe I also read this somewhere.

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 32

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Mar 2015
Posts: 50

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 8

GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Yale SOM Calling all 2018 intake applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2017, 10:01
edgeook8 wrote:
CorporateFinancier wrote:
Does anyone know the situation with Dean Snyder? Is he on sabbatical? Will the current acting dean eventually become the dean?

Sent from my MI 6 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


During Interview Day, the acting dean said that Dean Snyder was on sabbatical specifically to travel to the Global Network schools to strengthen those relationships and build up that program. So I'd imagine he is truly expecting to return. I believe I also read this somewhere.

OK, thanks for the info!

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 8

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Apr 2015
Posts: 77

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 7

Location: Australia
Re: Yale SOM Calling all 2018 intake applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2017, 02:05
Today is Monday. Decisions come out on Wednesday. Not long now! fingers crossed for everyone.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 7

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Dec 2017
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Yale SOM Calling all 2018 intake applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2017, 06:05
Do you know if they call admitted students the day before?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Mar 2017
Posts: 40

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 32

Location: United States (FL)
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V46
GRE 1: 334 Q164 V170
GPA: 3
WE: Education (Education)
Re: Yale SOM Calling all 2018 intake applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2017, 10:06
otmanzort12 wrote:
Do you know if they call admitted students the day before?


No, it is on the day of at sometime before 5 p.m., at which time all WL and rejected candidates will receive an email.

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 32

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Apr 2016
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 5

Location: United States (NY)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.51
Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM Calling all 2018 intake applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2017, 12:35
edgeook8 wrote:
otmanzort12 wrote:
Do you know if they call admitted students the day before?


No, it is on the day of at sometime before 5 p.m., at which time all WL and rejected candidates will receive an email.


I was actually just going to ask the same thing. So nervous about when to expect a phone call (hopefully) vs. email!!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 5

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 15 Nov 2015
Posts: 71

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

Re: Yale SOM Calling all 2018 intake applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2017, 13:24
So excited to hear the news. Good luck to everyone!

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Mar 2017
Posts: 40

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 32

Location: United States (FL)
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V46
GRE 1: 334 Q164 V170
GPA: 3
WE: Education (Education)
Re: Yale SOM Calling all 2018 intake applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2017, 04:12
Tooooo... morrow! Tomorrow! You're always a day away...

Nervous, guys. Good luck, all.

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 32

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Apr 2015
Posts: 77

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 7

Location: Australia
Re: Yale SOM Calling all 2018 intake applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2017, 04:39
Eeek! Need to distract myself.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 7

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Feb 2014
Posts: 25

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.82
WE: Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Re: Yale SOM Calling all 2018 intake applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2017, 14:55
I'm so nervous! Good luck everyone!

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Apr 2015
Posts: 77

Kudos [?]: 14 [1], given: 7

Location: Australia
Re: Yale SOM Calling all 2018 intake applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2017, 19:45
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hey guys - I got the call. Admitted for Class of 2020.

So emotional...it's been a long and difficult year!

Kudos [?]: 14 [1], given: 7

Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 23 Nov 2016
Posts: 119

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 70

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM Calling all 2018 intake applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2017, 20:06
Congrats @fullns
Well deserved!


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
_________________

.
.
.
.
.
GMAT Debrief - 770
bb's "The Definitive GMAT Study Plan" - 2016 Edition
Must read forum topics before you start your MBA application

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 70

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Mar 2015
Posts: 4

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 27

Location: United States
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
GPA: 3
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Yale SOM Calling all 2018 intake applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2017, 20:18
What?! Its like midnight Yale time, those Admission Officers must be up early

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 27

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Apr 2015
Posts: 77

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 7

Location: Australia
Re: Yale SOM Calling all 2018 intake applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2017, 20:21
lavon wrote:
What?! Its like midnight Yale time, those Admission Officers must be up early


She explained that because I'm based on Oceania, and it's the 6th where I am - I was getting the call early.

Also, it was a few hours ago so probs 8pm or so their time.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 7

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
D
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 16320

Kudos [?]: 30007 [0], given: 5458

Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Multiple Decisions Reported [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2017, 20:30
Yale DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

  • Admitted, 11 minutes ago, from Korea, Republic of, GMAT:740 (Q50 V40), Industry: Consumer Electronics, WE 80, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 42 minutes ago, from Australia, GPA: 3.3, Industry: Accounting, WE 79, heard via: phone

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan


Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 30007 [0], given: 5458

Multiple Decisions Reported   [#permalink] 05 Dec 2017, 20:30

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26  ...  29    Next  [ 571 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Yale SOM Calling all 2018 intake applicants - Class of 2020

  new topic post reply Update application status  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.