GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Jun 2018, 08:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Yale SOM Calling all 2018 intake applicants - Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
Schools: Darden '20
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.6
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Yale SOM Calling all 2018 intake applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 12:24
Waitlisted R2 last cycle...no admits this time. Heartbroken.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.82
WE: Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 12:33
johndoe2016 wrote:

Same. If I don't get in anywhere round 2, I'm probably going to give up on this MBA dream.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Stanford '20 (S)

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 13:32
did everyone list Yale as their first choice in the post interview survey?
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 14:07
manu723 wrote:
did everyone list Yale as their first choice in the post interview survey?

I think I listed Yale as one of my top choices (I don't remember the options) but did not as the first choice.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 14:52
Damn....waitlisted AGAIN. Frustrating and heart breaking.

Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.49
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 15:15
Ugh, I got rejected without an interview. Does anyone have any idea why they waited to reject me instead of doing it mid round?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q41 V41

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 15:17
I was waitlisted without interview.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Multiple Decisions Reported [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 15:30
Yale DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Denied, 1 minute ago, from United States, GMAT:720 (Q48 V40), GPA: 3.64, Industry: Consulting, WE 50, heard via: email
  • Waitlisted, 11 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:700 (Q41 V41), GPA: 3.6, Industry: Education, WE 48, heard via: email
  • Waitlisted, 24 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:750 (Q48 V44), GPA: 3.85, Industry: Commercial Banking, WE 72, heard via: email
  • Waitlisted, 27 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:760 (Q50 V44), GPA: 3.1, Industry: Consulting, WE 60, heard via: email
  • Waitlisted, 28 minutes ago, from Germany, GMAT:750 (Q50 V41), GPA: 2.8, Industry: Consulting, WE 78, heard via: email
  • Waitlisted, 35 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:730 (Q50 V39), GPA: 3.6, Industry: Insurance, WE 38, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 15:32
Zoomwalt wrote:
johndoe2016 wrote:

Same. If I don't get in anywhere round 2, I'm probably going to give up on this MBA dream.

I feel for you man. This is my third time applying to bschools. I don’t think I’ve even the energy to make a few R2 apps.

Looks like Yale has waitlisted a bunch of us and most likely will keep us on fence till the very end before dumping. Btw, did you interview this time?

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q41 V41

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 15:33
Any advice for those on the waitlist? Can we ask for feedback? If so, how? The FAQ page is somewhat vague here...
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 15:33
GMATfun456 wrote:
Ugh, I got rejected without an interview. Does anyone have any idea why they waited to reject me instead of doing it mid round?

Difficult to say. What’s your profile?

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V46
GRE 1: 334 Q164 V170
GPA: 3
WE: Education (Education)
Yale SOM Calling all 2018 intake applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 15:51
I am kind of in shock that I was rejected and truly saddened. I thought that a round 3 WL would translate to an acceptance or at least another WL, particularly because no concrete reason for the WL and eventual rejection was provided apart from lack of space. I also remained on the WL until the last possible day, which I now know doesn't really mean much. I feel that I must really have rubbed them the wrong way or bombed my interview, which feels deeply personal -- more personal than if it was due to some objective measure. I mean, I am a URM, LGBT, test scores comfortably above SOM's averages, an inconsistent UG record at a top-50 school that was tempered by a good record at an Ivy League grad school with 5/6 years WE (depending on how you count it) in which I progressed as far as I could within my field (no career ladder in teaching). Again, I am BY NO MEANS a perfect candidate, but I don't know why in R1 I went from waitlist-able, to reject-able when I was told I had nothing at all to work on.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 16:13
edgeook8 wrote:
I am kind of in shock that I was rejected and truly saddened. I thought that a round 3 WL would translate to an acceptance or at least another WL, particularly because no concrete reason for the WL and eventual rejection was provided apart from lack of space. I also remained on the WL until the last possible day, which I now know doesn't really mean much. I feel that I must really have rubbed them the wrong way or bombed my interview, which feels deeply personal -- more personal than if it was due to some objective measure. I mean, I am a URM, LGBT, test scores comfortably above SOM's averages, an inconsistent UG record at a top-50 school that was tempered by a good record at an Ivy League grad school with 5/6 years WE (depending on how you count it) in which I progressed as far as I could within my field (no career ladder in teaching). Again, I am BY NO MEANS a perfect candidate, but I don't know why in R1 I went from waitlist-able, to reject-able when I was told I had nothing at all to work on.

Really sorry to hear man. It might be the interview this time. The bschool application process is a big scam - at least that’s what I’ve come to realize. Every applicant’s goal in the essays is to change the world; how many MBAs are actually changing the world? You just didn’t get lucky just like me. Good luck. You will do great :)

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 16:30
Yale DECISION TRACKER

• Denied, 30 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:710 (Q47 V41), GPA: 3.51, Industry: Other, WE 48, heard via: email
  • Denied, 47 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:720 (Q48 V41), GPA: 3.45, Industry: Aerospace and Defense, WE 48, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS

Founder of GMAT Club

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 17:17
edgeook8 wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that - it's definitely a challenging outcome. You gotta let the dust settle, figure out if there's anything you could
Change in your strategy, action it and then move on. You can't change their decision.

Curious to hear what your extra curriculars are like? I'm LGBT as well, and I think it was a strength of my application as I have really strong extra curriculars in that space (eg i wrote about LGBT inclusion as my biggest commitment)

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 17:30
Yale DECISION TRACKER

• Denied, 4 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:730 (Q48 V42), GPA: 3.82, Industry: Investment Banking, WE 70, heard via: email
  • Waitlisted, 8 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:710 (Q44 V44), GPA: 3.98, Industry: Computer Software, WE 60, heard via: email
  • Admitted, 26 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:750 (Q49 V41), GPA: 3.82, Industry: Health Care, WE 48, heard via: phone

UPDATE YOUR STATUS

Founder of GMAT Club

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 19:21
Fellow Indians - how many of you got an admit and how many got waitlisted? Trying to asses my chances to get off the waitlist.

Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.42

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 20:11
I am deliriously happy about receiving an offer, don't get me wrong, but one quick clarifying question. If there was no mention of a scholarship during my phone call or in my offer letter, can I safely assume I did not get a scholarship offer? For those of you who did, was it mentioned in your offer letter?
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Board of Directors
B
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2017, 05:01
Congrats to everyone who heard good news yesterday!!! Go celebrate! @MrAmerica, if you didn't hear on the call about $ typically means no $.

For those of you on the WL, there's still a ton of time in this process. Keep your head up. There's a ton of posts from years past on logical next steps to take, but take some time first for yourself over the holidays.

To those of you without the news you wanted, take a moment to breathe and process. This is just one school. There are many out there. Reflect on what worked and what didn't so you can put forth an even better app -- which I consider to be one that is more true to yourself -- towards another school for R2/R3, and keep your fingers crossed for the rest of your R1 results.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Note: I do not complete individual profile reviews. Please use the Admissions Consultant or Peer Review forums to get feedback on your profile.

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Manager
Manager
B
GPA: 4
WE: Brand Management (Retail)
Reviews Badge
Yale SOM Calling all 2018 intake applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 09 Dec 2017, 20:11

!
Post Removed. Profile evaluation requests are not allowed in bschool threads. Pay attention to forum rules. Thank you!

Originally posted by GoodGuy on 09 Dec 2017, 11:46.
Last edited by Narenn on 09 Dec 2017, 20:11, edited 1 time in total.
Mod Warning
Yale SOM Calling all 2018 intake applicants - Class of 2020   [#permalink] 09 Dec 2017, 11:46

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  23   24   25   26   27   28   29  ...  39    Next  [ 761 posts ] 

Yale SOM Calling all 2018 intake applicants - Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap