It is currently 20 Jan 2018, 22:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Yale SOM Calling all 2018 intake applicants - Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 15 [1], given: 7

Re: Yale SOM Calling all 2018 intake applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 16:17
This post received
KUDOS
edgeook8 wrote:
I am kind of in shock that I was rejected and truly saddened. I thought that a round 3 WL would translate to an acceptance or at least another WL, particularly because no concrete reason for the WL and eventual rejection was provided apart from lack of space. I also remained on the WL until the last possible day, which I now know doesn't really mean much. I feel that I must really have rubbed them the wrong way or bombed my interview, which feels deeply personal -- more personal than if it was due to some objective measure. I mean, I am a URM, LGBT, test scores comfortably above SOM's averages, an inconsistent UG record at a top-50 school that was tempered by a good record at an Ivy League grad school with 5/6 years WE (depending on how you count it) in which I progressed as far as I could within my field (no career ladder in teaching). Again, I am BY NO MEANS a perfect candidate, but I don't know why in R1 I went from waitlist-able, to reject-able when I was told I had nothing at all to work on.

I'm sorry to hear that - it's definitely a challenging outcome. You gotta let the dust settle, figure out if there's anything you could
Change in your strategy, action it and then move on. You can't change their decision.

Curious to hear what your extra curriculars are like? I'm LGBT as well, and I think it was a strength of my application as I have really strong extra curriculars in that space (eg i wrote about LGBT inclusion as my biggest commitment)

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 15 [1], given: 7

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
D

Kudos [?]: 30032 [0], given: 5462

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Multiple Decisions Reported [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 16:30
Yale DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Denied, 4 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:730 (Q48 V42), GPA: 3.82, Industry: Investment Banking, WE 70, heard via: email
  • Waitlisted, 8 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:710 (Q44 V44), GPA: 3.98, Industry: Computer Software, WE 60, heard via: email
  • Admitted, 26 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:750 (Q49 V41), GPA: 3.82, Industry: Health Care, WE 48, heard via: phone

UPDATE YOUR STATUS

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 30032 [0], given: 5462

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 17

Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
Schools: Darden '20
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.6
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 18:21
Fellow Indians - how many of you got an admit and how many got waitlisted? Trying to asses my chances to get off the waitlist.

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 17

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.42

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 19:11
I am deliriously happy about receiving an offer, don't get me wrong, but one quick clarifying question. If there was no mention of a scholarship during my phone call or in my offer letter, can I safely assume I did not get a scholarship offer? For those of you who did, was it mentioned in your offer letter?

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Board of Directors
B

Kudos [?]: 575 [1], given: 345

Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2017, 04:01
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Congrats to everyone who heard good news yesterday!!! Go celebrate! @MrAmerica, if you didn't hear on the call about $ typically means no $.

For those of you on the WL, there's still a ton of time in this process. Keep your head up. There's a ton of posts from years past on logical next steps to take, but take some time first for yourself over the holidays.

To those of you without the news you wanted, take a moment to breathe and process. This is just one school. There are many out there. Reflect on what worked and what didn't so you can put forth an even better app -- which I consider to be one that is more true to yourself -- towards another school for R2/R3, and keep your fingers crossed for the rest of your R1 results.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Note: I do not complete individual profile reviews. Please use the Admissions Consultant or Peer Review forums to get feedback on your profile.

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 575 [1], given: 345

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 15

GPA: 4
WE: Brand Management (Retail)
Reviews Badge
Yale SOM Calling all 2018 intake applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2017, 10:46

!
Post Removed. Profile evaluation requests are not allowed in bschool threads. Pay attention to forum rules. Thank you!

Last edited by Narenn on 09 Dec 2017, 19:11, edited 1 time in total.
Mod Warning

Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 70

GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2017, 12:09
Jeez man. You’ve posted this in 30 different threads.
One thing that will really help in the application process is “patience”. Wait for all the admission consultants to respond to you.

Also, read some other profile reviews and you’ll also develop a better sense of where you stand currently.

700 for an Indian applicant is low for Top 15 US schools.

GMAT Debrief - 770
bb's "The Definitive GMAT Study Plan" - 2016 Edition
Must read forum topics before you start your MBA application

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 70

Manager
Manager
B

GPA: 4
WE: Brand Management (Retail)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2017, 21:54
stoiczoan wrote:
Jeez man. You’ve posted this in 30 different threads.
One thing that will really help in the application process is “patience”. Wait for all the admission consultants to respond to you.

Also, read some other profile reviews and you’ll also develop a better sense of where you stand currently.

700 for an Indian applicant is low for Top 15 US schools.

Hi Stoiczoan,

I am really sorry mate. I am still very new to GMAT Club. I didn't realize my posts were against GMAT Club posting rules. Got slightly misguided because of some info on the forum. Have deleted most of the posts. Kindly remove if there is anything still left. Will make sure the same is not repeated anytime in future. Please forgive for any inconvenience caused.

2 KUDOS received
Current Student
B

Kudos [?]: 41 [2], given: 26

Schools: Yale '18 (M)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2017, 07:29
This post received
KUDOS
edgeook8 wrote:
I am kind of in shock that I was rejected and truly saddened. I thought that a round 3 WL would translate to an acceptance or at least another WL, particularly because no concrete reason for the WL and eventual rejection was provided apart from lack of space. I also remained on the WL until the last possible day, which I now know doesn't really mean much. I feel that I must really have rubbed them the wrong way or bombed my interview, which feels deeply personal -- more personal than if it was due to some objective measure. I mean, I am a URM, LGBT, test scores comfortably above SOM's averages, an inconsistent UG record at a top-50 school that was tempered by a good record at an Ivy League grad school with 5/6 years WE (depending on how you count it) in which I progressed as far as I could within my field (no career ladder in teaching). Again, I am BY NO MEANS a perfect candidate, but I don't know why in R1 I went from waitlist-able, to reject-able when I was told I had nothing at all to work on.

Sounds like you're a strong candidate. I wouldn't let this get you down. On paper, my profile is much weaker than yours and had you asked anyone familiar with the MBA application process, they'd probably favor your profile over mine. Unless your resume is absolutely gold plated and diamond studded, admissions is a game of luck. A friend of mine was rejected by a handful of schools without interview, including Yale, but was given a full scholarship at Booth.

Take some time off to reflect. Talk to others and look for weaknesses in your application. Don't give up & keep applying.

Kudos [?]: 41 [2], given: 26

Admitted
06 Dec, 2017
chanlex GMAT: 750, Q49, V42; GPA: 3.74; WE: 96 months; United States; via Phone
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2017, 06:07
Do I need to live in USA to be accepted to yale.?
I'm from Frankfurt, Germany
Where do I need to send the application?
Thanks, Guys!

Admitted
06 Dec, 2017
Private, GMAT: 720, Q46, V42; GPA: 3.66; WE: 36 months; United States; via Phone
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [1], given: 1

GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
WE: Other (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2017, 02:44
This post received
KUDOS
Wilch wrote:
edgeook8 wrote:

Sounds like you're a strong candidate. I wouldn't let this get you down. On paper, my profile is much weaker than yours and had you asked anyone familiar with the MBA application process, they'd probably favor your profile over mine. Unless your resume is absolutely gold plated and diamond studded, admissions is a game of luck. A friend of mine was rejected by a handful of schools without interview, including Yale, but was given a full scholarship at Booth.

Take some time off to reflect. Talk to others and look for weaknesses in your application. Don't give up & keep applying.

Humility, empathy, self-awareness, perfect example of implicit leadership! I can see why you are matriculating from Yale Wilch.

Kudos [?]: 7 [1], given: 1

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
WE: Other (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2017, 03:11
alex3215 wrote:
Do I need to live in USA to be accepted to yale.?
I'm from Frankfurt, Germany
Where do I need to send the application?
Thanks, Guys!

Hey alex3215! I don't believe there's any such pre-requisite for being accepted to Yale. In fact, 45% of SOM's class of 2019 are international passport holders. You can check out the entire class profile here: https://som.yale.edu/programs/mba/admis ... ss-profile

You will need to fill an online application form which you can access here: https://admissions.som.yale.edu/apply/

Hope this helps!

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 7

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2017, 04:15
Can anyone else confirm if there is grade non-disclosure at Yale? My research suggests not / a hybrid system has been implemented whereby the top two grades are disclosed on your transcript (ie still disclosed partially) but not others.

But Wilch, as a current student has confirmed that Yale does have grade non-disclosure. Which is (good) news to me!

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 7

BSchool Forum Moderator
G

Kudos [?]: 78 [0], given: 42

Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 2.6
WE: Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2017, 08:41
fullns wrote:
Can anyone else confirm if there is grade non-disclosure at Yale? My research suggests not / a hybrid system has been implemented whereby the top two grades are disclosed on your transcript (ie still disclosed partially) but not others.

But Wilch, as a current student has confirmed that Yale does have grade non-disclosure. Which is (good) news to me!

I’m not sure what the current policy is but I do remember reading about it because it was under debate recently at Yale. Usually you can find the grading policy in the student handbook for the school though. Also a current student would probably be the next most accurate source of information.

Kudos [?]: 78 [0], given: 42

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2017, 12:48
abhishekmdb88

Wow thanks mate, This helps me a lot :D
Thank youuu ! :* hehe

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 11

Concentration: Healthcare
Schools: Yale '19 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2017, 10:22
FuturePM91 wrote:
fullns wrote:

I’m not sure what the current policy is but I do remember reading about it because it was under debate recently at Yale. Usually you can find the grading policy in the student handbook for the school though. Also a current student would probably be the next most accurate source of information.

Current first-year at SOM here. You are correct--the grading policy can be found here (Ctrl+F for "Grades"): http://bulletin.printer.yale.edu/htmlfi ... ogram.html

Only High Honors (top 10%) and Honors (next 25%) are noted on transcripts.

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 11

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Yale SOM Calling all 2018 intake applicants - Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2017, 13:58
Almost ready with the application.
GRE - 339/340 (V: 169, Q: 170)
UG GPA - 85/100, MS GPA - 3.7/4.0 (Reputed US School)
WE - 72 Months (Software Engineer/Tech Lead in the US subsidiary of a top MNC)
Applying from: USA (Living here for last 6 years)
Citizenship: India

Last edited by knowledgeforaction on 03 Jan 2018, 23:15, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 13

Show Tags

New post 31 Dec 2017, 06:06
I had a question on the application.

On the Activities page, I need to list out two undergrad activities and two post-undergrad activities.

I have a post-graduate degree as well. Where do the activities from there go - in the undergrad section or the post-undergrad? From what it looks like to me, by post-undergrad, Yale means 'while working'. Or does it?

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 13

Re: Yale SOM Calling all 2018 intake applicants - Class of 2020   [#permalink] 31 Dec 2017, 06:06

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29    Next  [ 573 posts ] 

Yale SOM Calling all 2018 intake applicants - Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap