GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Sep 2018, 17:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Booth 2018 Applicants (Class of 2020)

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Re: Calling all Booth 2018 Applicants (Class of 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2018, 23:20
wallstreetmonkey7 wrote:
Traceeeey wrote:
Just submitted my Booth MBA application very very last second. But it doesn't show complete, as it is waiting for my GMAT score report. I only just requested GMAT score to be sent two hours before the deadline.... Does it mean I didn't make it to R2?
Can anyone please help?

I think you're fine. They only need you to self report when they review. However, they'll need your full GMAT score report before acceptance.

Thank you a lot. I did some digging on their website - it does not say they have to receive the official GMAT score report to consider application COMPLETE... a relief here.

Another problem though. I am in Mountain Standard Time zone, which is one hour later than CST. When I hit submit and paid online, it was extremely close to 10:59pm (11:59 CST). Now it shows I submitted on Jan 04.... does it mean I missed R2 deadline?
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2018, 23:32
Traceeeey wrote:
wallstreetmonkey7 wrote:
Traceeeey wrote:
Just submitted my Booth MBA application very very last second. But it doesn't show complete, as it is waiting for my GMAT score report. I only just requested GMAT score to be sent two hours before the deadline.... Does it mean I didn't make it to R2?
Can anyone please help?

I think you're fine. They only need you to self report when they review. However, they'll need your full GMAT score report before acceptance.

Thank you a lot. I did some digging on their website - it does not say they have to receive the official GMAT score report to consider application COMPLETE... a relief here.

Another problem though. I am in Mountain Standard Time zone, which is one hour later than CST. When I hit submit and paid online, it was extremely close to 10:59pm (11:59 CST). Now it shows I submitted on Jan 04.... does it mean I missed R2 deadline?

Well...that'd be something you'd have to call admissions and confirm. Depends on how strict they are...
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2018, 23:56
I got an automatic reply from Booth Admission email:

"Thank you for contacting the University of Chicago Booth School of Business Full-Time Program Admissions Office. We have been receiving a lot of inquiries regarding the "Red X" that you see next to your test scores on your application checklist (GMAT, GRE, and TOEFL). Please do not be concerned. The "Red X" only indicates that we have not received your official score reports, but we do not need those at this time. As long as you self-reported your scores in your application, you are fine at this point in the process.

If your inquiry is not regarding the "Red X" on your checklist, we will respond to your message as soon as possible.

Regards,
Chicago Booth Full-Time Admissions Team"

hope it helps.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2018, 23:59
I am in Los Angeles which is two hours later than CST. I submitted my application on 9:36 pm local time which is 11:36 pm CST. However, my submitted date and time on the application proof is 00:36 on 1/4/18. Does it mean I didn't make it into R2? Has anyone encountered the same problem? I will give them a call tomorrow morning.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2018, 00:03
MickeyPokey wrote:
I am in Los Angeles which is two hours later than CST. I submitted my application on 9:36 pm local time which is 11:36 pm CST. However, my submitted date and time on the application proof is 00:36 on 1/4/18. Does it mean I didn't make it into R2? Has anyone encountered the same problem? I will give them a call tomorrow morning.

Where are you seeing this timestamp?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2018, 00:05
a2nomad wrote:
MickeyPokey wrote:

I downloaded the application proof on the portal. And you will find the timestamp on the very last page.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2018, 00:18
MickeyPokey wrote:
a2nomad wrote:
MickeyPokey wrote:

I downloaded the application proof on the portal. And you will find the timestamp on the very last page.

Ahh. I think you're fine. I see that my timestamp appears to be in EST as well (meaning that anything between 00:00 and 00:59 would be before 11:59pm CST). Let us know what you hear tomorrow, though.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2018, 00:29
Yeah, I think their application system is based on EST. I once doubted that I incorrectly converted CT to PT. But I will still call them to confirm and let you guys know.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Law (Law)
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2018, 08:07
Submitted on Jan 3! The paranoia is driving me nuts. It's way too early to be feeling like this. I think I might go a little crazy by the time interview invites start being sent out.

Best of luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2018, 10:47
kardonirish24 wrote:
yukidaruma wrote:
"How many times have you received a total GMAT score?"

I'm a bit confused with this question, mainly because I cancelled one of my exams...

Exam 1: accepted the score, but did not send to Booth
Exam 2: cancelled score
Exam 3: accepted the score, sent to Booth

Can anybody advise me on this?

Also, in the instructions, it also mentions: "Please have your official score report(s) sent directly from the test provider." Does that mean I need to send my Exam 1 score to Booth as well (despite the fact that the score is lower than that of Exam 3...)? I'm very confused :dazed

If you cancelled a score, then you don’t have to report it. So for how many times, i would just put 2 times. As for sending the score report, your third exam score report will have all previous accepted scores on it, so you only need to submit the most recent score report. If you put Booth down as one of the 5 free schools when you took the exam, then you don’t need to send it again as they should have received your score report already. Good luck on your application!

Sorry to bother you! (Congrats btw)
I put down all times (including cancelled ones :shocked )... should I contact the school about this?
Also, I didn’t receive my class rank before I submitted the application, so I submitted it without filling that out.
Do you think I should email admission and let them know about the GMAT situation & class rank?

Thank you :thumbup:
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2018, 23:29
Anyone knows how Booth's interview will be carried out? Is it strictly by invitation only, or if I happen to be in Chicago, can I arrange it during the time when I do campus visit?
If not in-person, is it Skype interview or Alumni interview?
Thanks
Waitlisted
07 Dec, 2017
devilsown1 GMAT: 760, Q50, V42; GPA: 4; WE: 72 months; India; via Email
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Booth '20 (M)
WE: Analyst (Venture Capital)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2018, 07:01
Traceeeey wrote:
Anyone knows how Booth's interview will be carried out? Is it strictly by invitation only, or if I happen to be in Chicago, can I arrange it during the time when I do campus visit?
If not in-person, is it Skype interview or Alumni interview?
Thanks

Interviews are by invitation only, but if you are invited to interview you are given the choice of an on-campus interview with a second-year student or an interview in your city with a Booth alumnus.
Intern
Intern
B
Calling all Booth 2018 Applicants (Class of 2020)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2018, 14:54
MickeyPokey wrote:
Yeah, I think their application system is based on EST. I once doubted that I incorrectly converted CT to PT. But I will still call them to confirm and let you guys know.

Did you ever end up calling? My application also seems to be showing up as EST.
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.4
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2018, 17:20
Anyone know when interview invites for R2 will be going out? All I’ve seen is “by January 28th”

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Please give KUDOS if this post was helpful!

CBS Thread Master
B
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.74
WE: Engineering (Transportation)

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2018, 23:45
okay wrote:
Anyone know when interview invites for R2 will be going out? All I’ve seen is “by January 28th”

It should be out by Jan 26th. That is what is listed on the email confirmation that I received, upon submitting my application.

Based on previous posts on the thread, it looks like the bulk of the invites would go on that day or maybe a day before. I do not believe that it would be on a rolling basis till then. Someone please do correct me if I am wrong.
HBS Thread Master
S
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.32
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 02:25
ramachandran163 wrote:
okay wrote:

It should be out by Jan 26th. That is what is listed on the email confirmation that I received, upon submitting my application.

Based on previous posts on the thread, it looks like the bulk of the invites would go on that day or maybe a day before. I do not believe that it would be on a rolling basis till then. Someone please do correct me if I am wrong.

You are right. In the email I've got:

Round 2
Deadline: January 3, 2018
Interview Decision: By January 26, 2018
Final Decision: March 15, 2018
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.1

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 08:39
ramachandran163 wrote:
okay wrote:

Interview invites typically begin rolling out the Tuesday or Wednesday of that week, and the invites will continue through the end of that Friday.
HBS Thread Master
S
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.32
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2018, 15:08
Got email from Booth with subject: Social Impact at Chicago Booth. I think it’s a bit cruel from their side to send such emails in the eve of upcoming week:-)
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2018, 16:16
Evgart wrote:
Got email from Booth with subject: Social Impact at Chicago Booth. I think it’s a bit cruel from their side to send such emails in the eve of upcoming week:-)

Ditto, vicious to see Booth in the subject line (although I did find the content of the email interesting)

What leads you to believe that next week will be interview decisions? I haven't received any communications from Booth indicating that as a deadline.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Booth 2018 Applicants (Class of 2020) &nbs [#permalink] 19 Jan 2018, 16:16

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  21   22   23   24   25   26   27  ...  37    Next  [ 737 posts ] 

Calling all Booth 2018 Applicants (Class of 2020)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: rohan2345

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap