Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:21 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.34
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V42
GRE 1: Q163 V163
GPA: 3.39
Send PM
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
weezyf wrote:
I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere, but does anyone know if Kellogg tries to call admitted students? And, if so, do they call admitted students on the decision date?

Yup! International calls start first, but they normally start on the decision date (or slightly before depending on timezone).
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [1]
Given Kudos: 33
GPA: 4
WE:Brand Management (Retail)
Send PM
Kudos

!
Post Removed. Profile evaluation requests are not allowed in bschool threads. Pay attention to forum rules. Thank you!

Originally posted by GoodGuy on 09 Dec 2017, 07:12.
Last edited by Narenn on 09 Dec 2017, 20:15, edited 1 time in total.
Mod Warning
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Somnath1234 wrote:
Hello All,

I am planning to apply in Kellogg either in R2 this year or in R1 next year. There are few doubts which I have regarding my candidature and overall job prospects for international candidates in US.

Kindly review my profile and share your valuable inputs.

Profile: I completed my graduation in Fashion designing from one of the top 3 colleges in Asia in 2014 with a CGPA of 7.43. I have been working with the biggest apparel organization in India for past 4 years. Have a healthy work experience across 2 different roles.

Extra-curricular: I am a national level athlete and I am regularly involved in different sports.
Have also won national level quiz competitions. Have been involved with couple of NGOs during my college days.

GMAT (Oct’2017) : 700 (Q-50, V-34, IR-8, AWA-5).

Areas of interest : 1) General Management, 2) Marketing

I need your help in deciding whether I should apply in Kellogg with my current profile?

Also, should I target US B schools? Employment after completing MBA is an important criterion to decide which schools to apply. From few current students in US I have heard really negative reviews regarding job scenario for international MBA students in US. The situation is not bright in even top 15 colleges. Under the current geo-political situation, will it be a viable option to try for any US school?

Also, I will be looking for a scholarship. Earlier I was targeting top 15 US B schools. Though my profile is extremely unique, my GMAT score is on a lower side. Being from India would go against me. Are there any colleges in top 15 where I can expect admission with scholarship?

I am okay to give GMAT again and if required then wait for one year before applying.

Will be obliged if someone can take out time and suggest the future course of action.

I can shed some light on 'From few current students in US I have heard really negative reviews regarding job scenario for international MBA students in US. ' I do have a few friends who passed out from decent colleges in the US, got a consulting job with amazing pay (140K plus benefits) and got their H1b rejected even after getting through the lottery. I will have to say that the current situation is extremely bad even after you get a good job.

I am an Indian living in the US, and I had the same concerns. I ended up applying to Kellogg but I am mostly going to look elsewhere finally [currently, EU and Asia markets look much stronger in terms of immigration].
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Duke '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
ad1234 wrote:

I can shed some light on 'From few current students in US I have heard really negative reviews regarding job scenario for international MBA students in US. ' I do have a few friends who passed out from decent colleges in the US, got a consulting job with amazing pay (140K plus benefits) and got their H1b rejected even after getting through the lottery. I will have to say that the current situation is extremely bad even after you get a good job.

I am an Indian living in the US, and I had the same concerns. I ended up applying to Kellogg but I am mostly going to look elsewhere finally [currently, EU and Asia markets look much stronger in terms of immigration].

Even though there are recent troubles with H1b, I still believe US is the most immigrant friendly nation. Personally, I ended up not applying to LBS because of recent change in Britain's immigration policies and unfortunately INSEAD is an one year MBA program ( I am a career switcher and need an internship).
If you are an Indian working in US, I am assuming that you already have a H1b and don't have to go through lottery again. Would you still look outside US if you get admitted at Kellogg?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sveniga4 wrote:
ad1234 wrote:

Even though there are recent troubles with H1b, I still believe US is the most immigrant friendly nation. Personally I ended up not applying to LBS because of recent change in Britain's immigration policies and unfortunately INSEAD is an one year MBA program ( I am a career switcher and need an internship).
If you are an Indian working in US, I am assuming that you already have a H1b and don't have to go through lottery again. Would you still look outside US if you get admitted at Kellogg?

Agreed that the US is very immigrant friendly, and based on feedback from so many friends already doing their MBA in the US, the job market is not at all bad for internationals here. The problem is visa. Even if i have an H1b, it is very risky. The problem with H1b is that it is tied to a company and when you need to switch companies, the new company has to justify your H1b status again (you don't need to go through the lottery though). Unfortunately, one of my friends had to go back to India just because he switched companies and the consulate didn't accept it.

Agreed on LBS and UK, and hence I am very inclined towards INSEAD.

I have to say though - The risk and finances are the only things that turns me away from Kellogg. If I were to choose objectively between all the schools I applied to (removing all visa and finance concerns 200K USD vs. 135K USD), i would choose Kellogg.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Duke '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
ad1234 wrote:
sveniga4 wrote:
ad1234 wrote:

Even though there are recent troubles with H1b, I still believe US is the most immigrant friendly nation. Personally I ended up not applying to LBS because of recent change in Britain's immigration policies and unfortunately INSEAD is an one year MBA program ( I am a career switcher and need an internship).

Agreed that the US is very immigrant friendly, and based on feedback from so many friends already doing their MBA in the US, the job market is not at all bad for internationals here. The problem is visa. Even if i have an H1b, it is very risky. The problem with H1b is that it is tied to a company and when you need to switch companies, the new company has to justify your H1b status again (you don't need to go through the lottery though). Unfortunately, one of my friends had to go back to India just because he switched companies and the consulate didn't accept it.

Agree with everything that you have said. I did not get my H1b in the first two attempts (not picked in lottery). I got lucky the third time. OPT and STEM extension saved me. I hate that there is no freedom to move until we get Green Card, which usually takes 10 to 15 years for Indians.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sveniga4 wrote:
ad1234 wrote:
sveniga4 wrote:

Agree with everything that you have said. I did not get my H1b in the first two attempts (not picked in lottery). I got lucky the third time. OPT and STEM extension saved me. I hate that there is no freedom to move until we get Green Card, which usually takes 10 to 15 years for Indians.

Yup, I got an L1 rejected once and didn't get through H1b lottery once. Third time was the sweet spot for me. It really depends on how much risk you are willing to take finally. Many get amazing opportunities and many don't. Matter of luck :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q42 V47
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
ilc22 wrote:
sabtr9 wrote:
ilc22 wrote:
Have any of you been reached out to by a current first year student? Out of the blue a student from a club (marketing, PE, etc.) reached out to me and offered to share his thought process on his/her decision to attend Kellogg. He reached out because he had similar pre-MBA experience to mine and wanted to share his rationale.

I'm wondering if (a) I should view this as a positive sign (b) this is normal and many people have been reached out to.

any color would be really helpful

***forgot to mention that i already had an interview and am waiting for the decision in a couple of weeks***

Nothing on my end. What city are you in?

I am in the mid-Atlantic U.S. I currently work in an area of finance (IB, VC, PE, etc.). I am trying to be vague...

Literally the same experience, and I imagine I'm in a similar industry to you based on your desc. (I'm located in the Midwest, however). My conversation with the current student was very informal - he described his time at Kellogg, how he had moved toward his post-graduation goal while at school, how I might frame my time at b-school, among a few other topics. Well, only 48 hrs to wait at this point and it will all be over. Good luck, all.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
Anyone getting anxiety? My confidence has continuously gone down since my interview

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
It seems like the last 72 hours have been worse than the past 2 months of waiting. Hopefully tomorrow will be a life changing day.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Kudos
Same here. I'm hopeful but also thinking I shouldn't be hopeful so a ding wouldn't hurt as much.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Gah, getting waitlisted from Booth has definitely shot my confidence down. Hoping for good news tomorrow. Good luck, compadres!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
I saw one "admitted" post at clear admit. I think they have started calls

Sent from my SM-G930F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [0]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
9SidMn wrote:
Can anyone get waitlisted after interview waiver at Kellogg ?

Unfortunately, no. You must be interviewed for getting waitlisted as well.

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
anupsreekumar wrote:

Was that the one posted earlier this week? Because that was a troll.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
FuturePM91 wrote:
anupsreekumar wrote:

Was that the one posted earlier this week? Because that was a troll.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

No it was posted today ( maybe a hour back ). But i do not know whether its a troll or not.
Any post with "kellogg" in it , is like a bullet.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Good luck, guys. Hope tomorrow brings good news for everyone!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  31   32   33   34   35   36   37  ...  66   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts