GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Nov 2018, 18:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 4
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2018, 22:14
They will call u for a skype interview if they find your application worthy. No one is admitted without an interview.

krish7 wrote:
maged1893 wrote:
krish7 wrote:

Same.. From Chennai... 2yr mba

Posted from my mobile device

Not yet. But I'm hoping to. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing either. There's not much that you can put on the application. There's so much I wanted to talk in the interview.
Do you guys think we should mail them and request for an interview?[/quote]
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Kellogg '21 (II)
Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2018, 22:33
Waiver is equivalent to a rejection. No point calling the adcom. Suggest to focus on round 2/round 1 interviews.

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V37
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2018, 22:44
Some applicants do get called after getting a waiver but yes, the percentage is pretty low..

schadenfreudehere wrote:
Waiver is equivalent to a rejection. No point calling the adcom. Suggest to focus on round 2/round 1 interviews.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
WE: Operations (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2018, 05:09
I haven't received an interview invite nor a waiver...and it is November now...what is that supposed to mean?
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Kellogg '21 (II)

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2018, 05:31
namusoke92 wrote:
I haven't received an interview invite nor a waiver...and it is November now...what is that supposed to mean?

You might get invited later.

Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
B

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2018, 12:44
You should definitely not email them. They have your materials, and if they've sent you a notice of a waiver, they would probably not appreciate you trying to get them to change their minds. I don't think it could help you -- I think it could only hurt you. Everyone's in the same boat -- just gotta wait it out now!

krish7 wrote:
Same here.. Got a waiver mail at exactly the same time..

Sorry to hear about this guys. Did you at least get an interview?

Not yet. But I'm hoping to. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing either. There's not much that you can put on the application. There's so much I wanted to talk in the interview.
Do you guys think we should mail them and request for an interview?

I've been an admissions consultant with Stacy Blackman Consulting since 2008. I went to Harvard Business School for my MBA and Michigan Ross for my BBA. I have helped clients gain acceptance into all of the top programs and am a big believer in letting your voice and your personality shine through in your application materials. Best of luck!

Interested in a free 30-minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Erika Olson | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com

Retired Moderator
G
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 2.6
WE: Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2018, 13:29
PSA for anyone coming to campus to visit: if you are attending a class please be considerate of the students and the professor teaching.

These classes are not like undergrad. MBA students attend class to learn things not to check boxes. Cell phones are pretty strictly banned in class and most classes do not allow laptops. Although you are not allowed to participate please at least act like you are engaged in what the professor is saying. If you are blatantly uninterested or being distracting admissions will hear about it.

I had someone in my class today that was talking with their partner, blatantly surfing the internet on their laptop (there is no reason for a visitor to have a laptop out) texting, and then literally cleaned out their handbag in the middle of class. This is rude to the students and the professor. The person was directly in my line of sight and it was very distracting to my learning as well. And yes. I reported them.

So please, if you are visiting be on your very best behavior.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Darden & Kenan Flagler Thread Master
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2018, 21:35
namusoke92 wrote:

I'm in the same boat, and I've seen other people from my location get waivers. Not sure what to make of it.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
WE: Operations (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2018, 21:54
Amaranth wrote:
namusoke92 wrote:

I'm in the same boat, and I've seen other people from my location get waivers. Not sure what to make of it.

Where are you located? I live in Uganda (East Africa). I wonder if applicants from my region have received anything...
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2018, 22:08
namusoke92 wrote:
Amaranth wrote:
namusoke92 wrote:

Where are you located? I live in Uganda (East Africa). I wonder if applicants from my region have received anything...

I'm in India, two people from my city have posted waivers in the last couple of days.
Intern
Intern
S
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V39
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2018, 22:12
Amaranth wrote:
namusoke92 wrote:

I think you are going to get a Skype interview call very soon. I heard they send our waivers instead of rejections, I don't know why, may be to mess up with applicants morale.
But they send out interview invite if not the waiver, they donot leave you with nothing, from what I hear.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2018, 23:05
Hi Guys, I’ve been reading few articles and stories that Indian Male IT applicants need to score well beyond 760 even though they have good acad,extra curriculars and stellar story. Can someone weigh in here and tell me have you ever known anyone in the same pool getting admitted in top 20 US bschools? with 720-740 GMAT? If not can you guys tell me which bschools are okay in admitted this over represented pool with higher no. so i will have an idea as to what else need to be targeted.This wil help me a lot. I have asked in various profile evaluation forums but they just gave a diplomatic answer and try to sell their program to me. So hoping you guys will shed some light in this context.

GMAT-730
Story - is in pretty good shape with decent extra curriculars and leadership instances (both at work and at community work)
Work- 3yrs in Accenture as SAP EWM consultant (supply chain stuff but technically falls under teh msot over representative group of Indian male IT )

is this profile good enough as i didn't find simialr profiels in previous kellogg admits? please respond as this will help me in many ways
Retired Moderator
G

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2018, 03:42
krish7 wrote:
Amaranth wrote:
namusoke92 wrote:

I think you are going to get a Skype interview call very soon. I heard they send our waivers instead of rejections, I don't know why, may be to mess up with applicants morale.
But they send out interview invite if not the waiver, they donot leave you with nothing, from what I hear.

Not true...people with waivers get interviews every year. It’s not to “mess with applicant morale” that’s ridiculous. The school is always doing its best to make the process as easy and transparent as possible. They’re not giving out waivers just to upset people. They just have limited resources to interview everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V49
GPA: 3.5
WE: Corporate Finance (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2018, 03:30
Sorry to hear from fellow applicants who received their waivers. Keep your heads up and move on to the next school - you're going to do great!

On a different note, did anyone of you write a thank you note after being interviewed via Skype? I was interviewed by someone in the admissions office and don't have her contact details. I tried to find her email and spent so much time on it, at this point it seams almost creepy. So I'm guessing no thank you note then, but curious to hear from others.

Also, for future applicants, I had previously called them to ask for an in-person interview (that would have required me to travel) but eventually stuck with the Skype interview after they reassured me several times that they had absolutely no preference. There were some technical difficulties causing the interview to start 10 minutes late and, as a consequence, it felt really rushed. It's fair to assume they have a rigid schedule and if you have technical issues, then that cuts down the time for the interview. (We switched to questions exactly 40 minutes after the scheduled beginning and hung up after almost exactly 45 minutes; i.e. we stuck to the original schedule regardless of the delay.) Bottom line is, I should have insisted on an in-person interview and that's the piece of advice I have for future applicants. Judging from my other interviews, it's a MUCH better experience.
MBA Section Director
D
Affiliations: GMATClub
Concentration: Nonprofit
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2018, 06:44
danpo wrote:

On a different note, did anyone of you write a thank you note after being interviewed via Skype? I was interviewed by someone in the admissions office and don't have her contact details. I tried to find her email and spent so much time on it, at this point it seams almost creepy. So I'm guessing no thank you note then, but curious to hear from others.

danpo

IMO, if you had an email conversation with your interviewer prior, then writing a "Thank you" note is recommended. It looks like you didn't have any such formal conversation. So, I would advise against finding her email somehow and writing a note.

If you like my post press kudos +1

New project wSTAT(which Schools To Apply To?)

New - RC Butler - 2 RC's everyday

BSchool Forum Moderator
G
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE: Design (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2018, 06:56
danpo wrote:
Sorry to hear from fellow applicants who received their waivers. Keep your heads up and move on to the next school - you're going to do great!

If you are inclined on sending a Thank You note, then you can send it to the general admissions e-mail ID. As workout correctly pointed out, don't freak out the interviewer if you didn't ask for her e-mail during the interview or if you don't have it already with you. Just drop in an e-mail to the admissions and address the e-mail to the interviewer directly. That would be fine IMO. :)

12345aBcDeFgHiJkLmNoPqRsTuVwXyZ67890

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V44
GMAT 2: 730 Q47 V44

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2018, 13:18
So I just had my interview for the 2Y program on campus with an adcom member. I thought it went great but when I left the room and looked at my watch, I realised it only lasted 25 minutes or so. Is that a bad sign?

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V49
GPA: 3.5
WE: Corporate Finance (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2018, 02:12
hemingway wrote:
So I just had my interview for the 2Y program on campus with an adcom member. I thought it went great but when I left the room and looked at my watch, I realised it only lasted 25 minutes or so. Is that a bad sign?

Relax. I'm not an admissions expert and nobody here can second-guess about an interview they didn't witness, but a short interview could have many reasons. Think about it from the standpoint of pure logistics: Maybe they went overtime with the person they interviewed before you and tried to keep yours shorter in order to stick with their schedule. Maybe they simply had everything they needed and didn't want to artificially extend it. It even could mean that your interviewer needed to use the bathroom. Sounds funny, but while they are professionals, they are human after all. And yes, it could also mean that it went so bad, they thought it had no sense to continue. However, most likely that wasn't the case if you think it went great (and aren't massively lacking self-awareness and/or didn't prepare well). I don't know if that helps, but you did your best, now it's over. Don't stress out about things you can't change and trust the process!

Good luck!
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2018, 04:01
Still haven't received a waiver or an interview assignment, not sure what's going on.
Retired Moderator
G

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2018, 04:04
Amaranth wrote:
Still haven't received a waiver or an interview assignment, not sure what's going on.

I think it’s ok for you to reach out to admissions in this situation particularly because the 6 week notification deadline has past.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021! &nbs [#permalink] 06 Nov 2018, 04:04

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11    Next  [ 211 posts ] 

Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Gnpth, DigitsnLetters, hanamana

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap