GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Jan 2019, 01:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in January
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Round 3 vs Next Year: When Should You Apply?

January 16, 2019

January 16, 2019

10:00 AM PST

10:00 AM PST

Learn what distinguishes Round 3 from other rounds and how to assess your profile to decide when to apply to b-school in this live webinar! Wednesday, Jan 16th at 10AM PST / 1PM ET
  • 4 Tips for Interviews

January 18, 2019

January 18, 2019

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

4 tips that will help you prepare for MBA interviews

Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
G
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2018, 04:08
danpo wrote:
hemingway wrote:
So I just had my interview for the 2Y program on campus with an adcom member. I thought it went great but when I left the room and looked at my watch, I realised it only lasted 25 minutes or so. Is that a bad sign?

Posted from my mobile device

Relax. I'm not an admissions expert and nobody here can second-guess about an interview they didn't witness, but a short interview could have many reasons. Think about it from the standpoint of pure logistics: Maybe they went overtime with the person they interviewed before you and tried to keep yours shorter in order to stick with their schedule. Maybe they simply had everything they needed and didn't want to artificially extend it. It even could mean that your interviewer needed to use the bathroom. Sounds funny, but while they are professionals, they are human after all. And yes, it could also mean that it went so bad, they thought it had no sense to continue. However, most likely that wasn't the case if you think it went great (and aren't massively lacking self-awareness and/or didn't prepare well). I don't know if that helps, but you did your best, now it's over. Don't stress out about things you can't change and trust the process!

Good luck!

The whole “it went so bad, they thought it made no sense to continue” thing doesn’t happen. Interviews are pretty standardized you may get some that go over due to a chatty interview but they will never cut off an interview early. They have a certain number of questions they have to ask. You just may have answered them more succinctly than others and that’s not necessarily a bad thing.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Darden & Kenan Flagler Thread Master
S
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2018, 04:13
FuturePM91 wrote:
Amaranth wrote:
Still haven't received a waiver or an interview assignment, not sure what's going on.

I think it’s ok for you to reach out to admissions in this situation particularly because the 6 week notification deadline has past.

Thanks! Yeah, I figured I'd reach out to them sometime next week, especially since other applicants from my city have received waivers. Do you remember if this happened to anyone last year?
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Concentration: Nonprofit
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2018, 04:23
Current Student
G

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2018, 04:24
Amaranth wrote:
FuturePM91 wrote:
Amaranth wrote:
Still haven't received a waiver or an interview assignment, not sure what's going on.

I think it’s ok for you to reach out to admissions in this situation particularly because the 6 week notification deadline has past.

Thanks! Yeah, I figured I'd reach out to them sometime next week, especially since other applicants from my city have received waivers. Do you remember if this happened to anyone last year?

Happened to me actually. I ended up getting a skype interview invite a couple of days after waivers went out.

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2018, 07:05
Did anyone get an e-mail when their interviewer sent in the post-interview form? I didn’t get any.

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V44
GMAT 2: 730 Q47 V44

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2018, 07:19
danpo wrote:
hemingway wrote:
So I just had my interview for the 2Y program on campus with an adcom member. I thought it went great but when I left the room and looked at my watch, I realised it only lasted 25 minutes or so. Is that a bad sign?

Relax. I'm not an admissions expert and nobody here can second-guess about an interview they didn't witness, but a short interview could have many reasons. Think about it from the standpoint of pure logistics: Maybe they went overtime with the person they interviewed before you and tried to keep yours shorter in order to stick with their schedule. Maybe they simply had everything they needed and didn't want to artificially extend it. It even could mean that your interviewer needed to use the bathroom. Sounds funny, but while they are professionals, they are human after all. And yes, it could also mean that it went so bad, they thought it had no sense to continue. However, most likely that wasn't the case if you think it went great (and aren't massively lacking self-awareness and/or didn't prepare well). I don't know if that helps, but you did your best, now it's over. Don't stress out about things you can't change and trust the process!

Good luck!

Thank you! Really needed that sense check from someone with a more realistic perspective. Wish you the best of luck! Let's hope we'll be hearing good news soon.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Kellogg '21 (II)

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2018, 12:37
Amaranth wrote:
FuturePM91 wrote:
Amaranth wrote:

Happened to me as well. Got an interview invite exactly a week after others got waivers.

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.7
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2018, 22:23
I am planning to apply for the 1 yr full time MBA. I am unable to find the class profile of class of 2018.
Anybody aware of the same?
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2018, 22:29
Fervids77 wrote:
I am planning to apply for the 1 yr full time MBA. I am unable to find the class profile of class of 2018.

Fervids77

Not the class of 2018 but did you check class 2016 profile here https://kellogg.campusgroups.com/1yprog ... t-profile/ ?

New project wSTAT(which Schools To Apply To?)

GMATClub School Ambassador

Live Decision Tracker | Interview Debriefs

New - RC Butler - 2 RC's everyday

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V36
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2018, 22:35
workout wrote:
Fervids77 wrote:

Fervids77

Not the class of 2018 but did you check class 2016 profile here https://kellogg.campusgroups.com/1yprog ... t-profile/ ?

Thanks, though this is without academic averages, any idea on those? And has Kelloggs stopped publishing class profiles after 2016?
'
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2018, 22:48
FuturePM91 - Turns out you were right, I got my Skype invitation last night!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2018, 16:18
Did any 1Y applicant get an invite to attend an online chat? Do we need to attend the event, given I am no more interested in applying next year.
P.S. I have received a waiver and haven't received any subsequent skype interview invite.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2018, 19:26
Amaranth wrote:
FuturePM91 - Turns out you were right, I got my Skype invitation last night!

Congrats!!
Did you have a range of dates you could choose from, say over 1 or 2 weeks?
I got an interview waiver sometime back. Expecting to receive an invite sometime next week, that is if I am going to get one. I am travelling for work next week, so wondering if there is some flexibility around dates you can interview on. Or one has to interview within 3-4 days of getting the invite.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2018, 19:38
FuturePM91 wrote:

Happened to me actually. I ended up getting a skype interview invite a couple of days after waivers went out.

For those of us who got waivers, would you know approx till when we can expect the invite if there's one. I guess by end of next week. Would you agree?
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Kellogg '21 (II)

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2018, 19:41
Never heard anyone receive an invite after a waiver. I too didn’t receive a waiver last year and then suddenly one week after some received their waivers I received a Skype interview invite. Figured out that’s a common case.

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing
GRE 1: Q161 V164
GPA: 3.42

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2018, 11:43
Question that perhaps FuturePM91 can help with: Kellogg has an official GMAT score of mine from last year, and also an official GRE score from this year. The GRE score is what I want to be considered in my application, it's much better than the GMAT. However, I can't cancel the GMAT score. Will Kellogg automatically consider my most recent/highest score when reviewing my application? Or is there a way to prioritize or delete a score right in the application?

Thanks!
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2018, 21:49
Had my interview on Skype, but my interviewer didn't share her email ID with me. She mentioned she would get back to me on some information I asked for, do I just skip the thank you note and wait for her to email me? I'm guessing it isn't a big deal, but its hard to not overthink this.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2018, 00:56
I know very few people hear back from Kellogg after receiving a waiver but any clue on by when do they reach out to you if they'd like to interview you? Or in other words, at what point in November, do you just give up hope?
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2018, 00:59
Amaranth wrote:
Had my interview on Skype, but my interviewer didn't share her email ID with me. She mentioned she would get back to me on some information I asked for, do I just skip the thank you note and wait for her to email me? I'm guessing it isn't a big deal, but its hard to not overthink this.

Amaranth

If I were you, I would just wait for her message and then reply to that email thanking her effort in answering the question and organizing the interview in general.

New project wSTAT(which Schools To Apply To?)

GMATClub School Ambassador

Live Decision Tracker | Interview Debriefs

New - RC Butler - 2 RC's everyday

Current Student
G

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2018, 04:41
Mgraynap wrote:
Question that perhaps FuturePM91 can help with: Kellogg has an official GMAT score of mine from last year, and also an official GRE score from this year. The GRE score is what I want to be considered in my application, it's much better than the GMAT. However, I can't cancel the GMAT score. Will Kellogg automatically consider my most recent/highest score when reviewing my application? Or is there a way to prioritize or delete a score right in the application?

Thanks!

Hi! They will just consider your highest score.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021! &nbs [#permalink] 13 Nov 2018, 04:41

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  17    Next  [ 334 posts ] 

Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Gnpth, DigitsnLetters, hanamana

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap