GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Nov 2018, 05:21

ISB R1 results on Nov 15:

Join Chat Room for Live Updates


Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
28293031123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
2526272829301
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Advice For Applicants Considering Round 2

     November 16, 2018

     November 16, 2018

     10:00 PM MST

     11:00 PM MST

    Many of you may be wondering whether you should pull the trigger and apply to business school during round 2 this winter.
  • Crafting Your Post-MBA Career Goals

     November 17, 2018

     November 17, 2018

     10:00 PM MST

     11:00 PM MST

    How to think about crafting your Post-MBA career goals

Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Feb 2016
Posts: 82
GMAT 1: 600 Q47 V25
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2018, 09:05
Guys, need your inputs on this:
Kellogg's 1 year program will start in June'19 and the deadline for Round 2 are such that the results will be declared only by Mar'19 end. As an international applicant, does it makes sense to apply as even if one gets in, the visa approval process might deter one to join the program on time.
How much time do you guys think it should take for visa approval. I guess if it goes beyond 2 months, it will be a tight situation.
Does Kellogg accommodates international applicants early in the process knowing these challenges?
Any information regarding this will be helpful.
Thanks!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Jun 2018
Posts: 21
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 4
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2018, 09:08
For the 1 year Program?

schadenfreudehere wrote:
In fact I know other people from India who have received interview invites too. A couple of them received much before I did.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Jan 2018
Posts: 19
Schools: Kellogg '21 (II)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2018, 09:10
bhaskarpandey wrote:
For the 1 year Program?

schadenfreudehere wrote:
In fact I know other people from India who have received interview invites too. A couple of them received much before I did.

Posted from my mobile device

I have applied for the one year. I know one more person who applied for one year and has recieve invite.

The two who got invites in early October have applied for two year.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Dec 2010
Posts: 13
Location: India
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
Premium Member
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2018, 20:28
Have waivers started rolling in?
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 18 Dec 2014
Posts: 316
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE: Design (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2018, 20:31
bhanu88 wrote:
Have waivers started rolling in?

Only a matter of time now I guess :roll: :dazed
_________________

12345aBcDeFgHiJkLmNoPqRsTuVwXyZ67890

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 24 Sep 2017
Posts: 23
Location: Brazil
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE: General Management (Computer Software)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2018, 16:54
Hello,

I was interviewed today (for the two-year program).

Some insights:

1) The whole interview was in English;

2) It last about 45-50 minutes;

3) The questions were the standard ones: Walkthrough your resume, some specific questions about the resume, Why Kellogg, What are your goals after the MBA, What will you bring to Kellogg;

4) Because during the answers I have broaden my response (talking about other subjects), I believe I had less questions (total of 6 or 7 during the whole interview);

5) My impression about the notes and the report to Kellogg (by the interviewer): it seems is not an evaluation, but just comments about some of the school principles. It was clear to me that, to highlight possible fit, he wrote every time I said something related to Kellogg values.

Best,
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Feb 2017
Posts: 11
Location: United States (VA)
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.15
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2018, 18:10
Does anyone know what percentage of applicants Kellogg interviews? I’ve heard varying opinions ranging from 25% to someone saying they interview 100% of applicants
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Feb 2018
Posts: 17
Location: Philippines
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.75
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2018, 19:01
sheehanj wrote:
Does anyone know what percentage of applicants Kellogg interviews? I’ve heard varying opinions ranging from 25% to someone saying they interview 100% of applicants


I heard from an alum there were applicants who didn’t get interviews in previous years, but sround 80% get interviews.

Posted from my mobile device
Retired Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 05 Nov 2015
Posts: 442
Location: United States (GA)
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 2.6
WE: Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2018, 19:24
maged1893 wrote:
sheehanj wrote:
Does anyone know what percentage of applicants Kellogg interviews? I’ve heard varying opinions ranging from 25% to someone saying they interview 100% of applicants


I heard from an alum there were applicants who didn’t get interviews in previous years, but sround 80% get interviews.

Posted from my mobile device


80% seems about right but it varies by region.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Sep 2018
Posts: 5
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 750 Q45 V48
GPA: 3
Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2018, 15:43
One colleague at work received a waiver. In one of the big northeast cities and now they are not feeling great about Kellogg. Looking back on forums it looks like waivers are not as common in the US as other countries?
Retired Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 05 Nov 2015
Posts: 442
Location: United States (GA)
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 2.6
WE: Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2018, 16:47
withalittlehelp wrote:
One colleague at work received a waiver. In one of the big northeast cities and now they are not feeling great about Kellogg. Looking back on forums it looks like waivers are not as common in the US as other countries?


I think it’s more common than ppl realize. Most people on here are international so you don’t often hear about domestic waivers but they happen every round.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Retired Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 05 Nov 2015
Posts: 442
Location: United States (GA)
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 2.6
WE: Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2018, 16:48
FuturePM91 wrote:
withalittlehelp wrote:
One colleague at work received a waiver. In one of the big northeast cities and now they are not feeling great about Kellogg. Looking back on forums it looks like waivers are not as common in the US as other countries?


I think it’s more common than ppl realize. Most people on here are international so you don’t often hear about domestic waivers but they happen every round.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Hence why I recommend going on campus to interview if at all possible.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 24 Sep 2017
Posts: 23
Location: Brazil
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE: General Management (Computer Software)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2018, 17:22
FuturePM91 wrote:
maged1893 wrote:
sheehanj wrote:
Does anyone know what percentage of applicants Kellogg interviews? I’ve heard varying opinions ranging from 25% to someone saying they interview 100% of applicants


I heard from an alum there were applicants who didn’t get interviews in previous years, but sround 80% get interviews.

Posted from my mobile device


80% seems about right but it varies by region.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


80% seems fair accordingly to MBADataGuru (http://www.mbadataguru.com/blog/mba/mba ... t-and-gpa/).

Besides, I heard from an alumni that they aim to interview everyone who apply for the MBA Program.

Best,
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 May 2014
Posts: 9
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2018, 18:14
Hi everyone,

I'm applying for 1year and I received my interview assignment last week. (sf bay area)
Wish me luck!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Aug 2016
Posts: 12
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.2
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2018, 19:00
Mumbai candidate here. Got my waiver 3-36 AM IST today. Bummed out.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Jun 2018
Posts: 21
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 4
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2018, 19:24
Same here.. Got a waiver mail at exactly the same time..

adiakhau wrote:
Mumbai candidate here. Got my waiver 3-36 AM IST today. Bummed out.
Intern
Intern
avatar
S
Joined: 27 Oct 2017
Posts: 38
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 740 Q51 V39
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge
Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2018, 21:49
bhaskarpandey wrote:
Same here.. Got a waiver mail at exactly the same time..

adiakhau wrote:
Mumbai candidate here. Got my waiver 3-36 AM IST today. Bummed out.


Same.. From Chennai... 2yr mba

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Feb 2018
Posts: 17
Location: Philippines
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.75
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2018, 22:06
krish7 wrote:
bhaskarpandey wrote:
Same here.. Got a waiver mail at exactly the same time..

adiakhau wrote:
Mumbai candidate here. Got my waiver 3-36 AM IST today. Bummed out.


Same.. From Chennai... 2yr mba

Posted from my mobile device


Sorry to hear about this guys. Did you at least get an interview?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Jun 2018
Posts: 21
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 4
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2018, 22:09
The waiver was for the interview..

adiakhau wrote:
Mumbai candidate here. Got my waiver 3-36 AM IST today. Bummed out.
[/quote]

Same.. From Chennai... 2yr mba

Posted from my mobile device[/quote]

Sorry to hear about this guys. Did you at least get an interview?[/quote]
Intern
Intern
avatar
S
Joined: 27 Oct 2017
Posts: 38
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 740 Q51 V39
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2018, 22:10
maged1893 wrote:
krish7 wrote:
bhaskarpandey wrote:
Same here.. Got a waiver mail at exactly the same time..

Same.. From Chennai... 2yr mba

Posted from my mobile device


Sorry to hear about this guys. Did you at least get an interview?


Not yet. But I'm hoping to. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing either. There's not much that you can put on the application. There's so much I wanted to talk in the interview.
Do you guys think we should mail them and request for an interview?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021! &nbs [#permalink] 31 Oct 2018, 22:10

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11    Next  [ 211 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Gnpth, DigitsnLetters, hanamana



Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.