GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Dec 2018, 02:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
2526272829301
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
303112345
Open Detailed Calendar
  • MBA Admissions Consulting: Five-Day Special for Hourly Services

     December 17, 2018

     December 17, 2018

     09:00 PM PST

     10:00 PM PST

    There’s still time to enhance your resume, essays, and applications! Avanti Prep is offering Hourly Services for a flat rate of $175 per hour (no minimum) – a significantly below-market offer for one of the most well-regarded services available.
  • R1 Admission Decisions: Estimated Decision Timelines and Chat Links for Major BSchools

     December 17, 2018

     December 17, 2018

     10:00 PM PST

     11:00 PM PST

    From Dec 5th onward, American programs will start releasing R1 decisions. Chat Rooms: We have also assigned chat rooms for every school so that applicants can stay in touch and exchange information/update during decision period.

Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Nov 2018
Posts: 1
Location: Taiwan
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.86
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2018, 05:25
FuturePM91 wrote:
schadenfreudehere wrote:
Amaranth wrote:
Had my interview on Skype, but my interviewer didn't share her email ID with me. She mentioned she would get back to me on some information I asked for, do I just skip the thank you note and wait for her to email me? I'm guessing it isn't a big deal, but its hard to not overthink this.


Thanks for this, its kinda what I figured. I'm assuming that I don't need to worry about getting her info, especially since she mentioned that she would get back to me on a couple of things? FWIW I did thank her on the call and she did explicitly mention that I can get in touch with the general email ID if I had questions and that she would send me some information in the next few days.


I would just wait for her to reach out. If you really want to send a note I would send it through the general email and they will get it to your interviewer. It would be weird if I received a note to my Kellogg email from someone outside of Kellogg that I didn’t give it to..it would come off a bit creepy.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app



I also experienced the exactly same situation. I finished Skype interview without her email address. As a result, I cannot send a note to thank. However, today I received the follow up email from the interview coordinator. Is this a good sign? Really makes me nervous today...
Current Student
User avatar
G
Joined: 05 Nov 2015
Posts: 450
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2018, 05:43
mlj15512930 wrote:
FuturePM91 wrote:
schadenfreudehere wrote:
[quote="Amaranth"]Had my interview on Skype, but my interviewer didn't share her email ID with me. She mentioned she would get back to me on some information I asked for, do I just skip the thank you note and wait for her to email me? I'm guessing it isn't a big deal, but its hard to not overthink this.


Thanks for this, its kinda what I figured. I'm assuming that I don't need to worry about getting her info, especially since she mentioned that she would get back to me on a couple of things? FWIW I did thank her on the call and she did explicitly mention that I can get in touch with the general email ID if I had questions and that she would send me some information in the next few days.


I would just wait for her to reach out. If you really want to send a note I would send it through the general email and they will get it to your interviewer. It would be weird if I received a note to my Kellogg email from someone outside of Kellogg that I didn’t give it to..it would come off a bit creepy.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app



I also experienced the exactly same situation. I finished Skype interview without her email address. As a result, I cannot send a note to thank. However, today I received the follow up email from the interview coordinator. Is this a good sign? Really makes me nervous today...[/quote]

I wouldn’t take it as either positive or negative. He/she is just following through with what they said they would do. Also your interviewer does not see the rest of your application.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 May 2018
Posts: 1
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2018, 08:28
Does anyone know which cities Kellogg does the brunch/dinners for? And if you are not in those cities, could you get an invite to another city? I heard Houston, NYC, Chicago...
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Sep 2017
Posts: 24
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q44 V44
WE: Analyst (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2018, 09:49
se8ft wrote:
Does anyone know which cities Kellogg does the brunch/dinners for? And if you are not in those cities, could you get an invite to another city? I heard Houston, NYC, Chicago...


Mine's in Boston but it is only for women.
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Status: Winter is coming
Joined: 10 May 2015
Posts: 262
Location: United States
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2018, 10:13
I like how your brain works :lol: :lol:
You have good analytical aptitude :P
thejazeffect31 wrote:
FuturePM91 wrote:
I agree it probably means nothing (I got an invite so it pains me to say that). That being said, if people get invited to dinner and then rejected and people don’t get invited and then accepted, the only thing left, if in fact the dinner has meaning, is Kellogg is looking for one more data point on us. We are applicants toeing the line between acceptance and rejection (or waitlisting), and they want to interact with us one more time to make a decision. Pure conjecture though ?

Posted from my mobile device
[/quote]
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Sep 2017
Posts: 24
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q44 V44
WE: Analyst (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2018, 10:24
1
MV23 wrote:
I like how your brain works :lol: :lol:
You have good analytical aptitude :P
thejazeffect31 wrote:
FuturePM91 wrote:
I agree it probably means nothing (I got an invite so it pains me to say that). That being said, if people get invited to dinner and then rejected and people don’t get invited and then accepted, the only thing left, if in fact the dinner has meaning, is Kellogg is looking for one more data point on us. We are applicants toeing the line between acceptance and rejection (or waitlisting), and they want to interact with us one more time to make a decision. Pure conjecture though ?

Posted from my mobile device
[/quote]

Ha, tell that to the admissions committee so they let me in :-D
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jun 2018
Posts: 36
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2018, 13:24
FuturePM91 wrote:
gmatpercher wrote:
FuturePM91 wrote:
These “exclusive” invites happened last year. There was no correlation to the admission decision. I’m not sure how they chose ppl to go but many that were selected did not get admitted and vice versa.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Looking back at last year's forum, this doesn't really seem totally accurate to me. It looks like pretty much everyone who got invited to one ended up being accepted. Obviously not a deal breaker to not get one, but it feels as if getting one is a very good sign.


It’s not..................I’m telling you. It means nothing.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

I mean this in a totally non-combative way, but what evidence do you have as your basis for being so sure that it means absolutely nothing?

It seems to me that if it meant nothing at all, they simply wouldn't host such events with exclusive invite lists.
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Status: Winter is coming
Joined: 10 May 2015
Posts: 262
Location: United States
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2018, 13:45
2
umm, she's a current student and is in the know of things? Hopefully a second-year student helping with the admissions?
gmatpercher wrote:
FuturePM91 wrote:
gmatpercher wrote:

It’s not..................I’m telling you. It means nothing.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

I mean this in a totally non-combative way, but what evidence do you have as your basis for being so sure that it means absolutely nothing?

It seems to me that if it meant nothing at all, they simply wouldn't host such events with exclusive invite lists.
Current Student
User avatar
G
Joined: 05 Nov 2015
Posts: 450
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2018, 14:09
gmatpercher wrote:
FuturePM91 wrote:
gmatpercher wrote:
[quote="FuturePM91"]These “exclusive” invites happened last year. There was no correlation to the admission decision. I’m not sure how they chose ppl to go but many that were selected did not get admitted and vice versa.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Looking back at last year's forum, this doesn't really seem totally accurate to me. It looks like pretty much everyone who got invited to one ended up being accepted. Obviously not a deal breaker to not get one, but it feels as if getting one is a very good sign.


It’s not..................I’m telling you. It means nothing.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

I mean this in a totally non-combative way, but what evidence do you have as your basis for being so sure that it means absolutely nothing?

It seems to me that if it meant nothing at all, they simply wouldn't host such events with exclusive invite lists.[/quote]

They are “exclusive” only in the sense that they have limited space. I’m not in the know on whether or not that they are evaluative.

To make it 100% clear: I am not speaking for admissions. AT ALL.

Speaking from personal experience based on my classmates and others I know whether or not you are invited has no correlation with whether or not you get in. I know more classmates that were not invited than that were and of the ones that were I know many who made friends at those events who did not get in.

My advise on the events is therefore to let it go and to just always remember that anything can be evaluative so present yourself well if you do go but do not base your hopes of admission on whether or not you get an invite. (Either positive or negative)


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 24 Sep 2017
Posts: 24
Location: Brazil
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE: General Management (Computer Software)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2018, 14:26
Hello,

My bet (not a fact) about the 'diner invite':

- Admissions committee schedules diners in some cities and invite people geografically closer to the places where the diners will happen. Maybe the target public is broader than just the people who applied: some people who subscribed (but not applied) could have been invited too;

- One thing I honestly believe: being invited (or not) means nothing to acceptance status. If the contrary was true (invitations do influence acceptance), the diners would be part of the formal application process, e.g., other's schools assesment workshops.

Resume: chill out.

Best,
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 3
Schools: Tuck '21 (S)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2018, 11:30
I am following this thread a little late. Which Dinner invitation are you guys talking about? When was it send and can someone share what the content was?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Aug 2018
Posts: 38
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Marketing
GRE 1: Q161 V164
GPA: 3.42
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2018, 14:07
I just submitted for R2 (paid fee and submitted video essay as well), but I still don't see a link on my status portal to schedule an on-campus interview (as the confirmation email said to expect a link once the fee had been paid). Anyone else have this issue, either R1 or R2?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Nov 2018
Posts: 13
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2018, 07:35
1
Mgraynap wrote:
I just submitted for R2 (paid fee and submitted video essay as well), but I still don't see a link on my status portal to schedule an on-campus interview (as the confirmation email said to expect a link once the fee had been paid). Anyone else have this issue, either R1 or R2?


One of my client had the same problem in R1. Just wait for few days and the link will appear.
_________________

Regards,
Sandip Bhattacharya
Founder, MBAEssayConsultant

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Sep 2018
Posts: 5
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2018, 02:53
Hi,

I understand that interviews for R2 have to be scheduled by 12 January, so does that imply that interview invites will have rolled out by then? Or will every applicant book an interview date and then only a few will get invited?

Can anyone please help me understand the timeline of Kellog's interviews in January, specifically, when will invite roll out and when will the actual interviews happen?
_________________

https://www.mymbasage.com

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 31 May 2016
Posts: 19
Location: Austria
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V49
GPA: 3.5
WE: Corporate Finance (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2018, 04:08
mbasage2 wrote:
Hi,

I understand that interviews for R2 have to be scheduled by 12 January, so does that imply that interview invites will have rolled out by then? Or will every applicant book an interview date and then only a few will get invited?

Can anyone please help me understand the timeline of Kellog's interviews in January, specifically, when will invite roll out and when will the actual interviews happen?

Everyone who schedules an on-campus interview will be interviewed. If you can't come to campus, then you have to indicate a preferred interview location in your app and will receive an invitation (or waiver) within 4-6 weeks.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Sep 2018
Posts: 5
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2018, 04:47
danpo wrote:
mbasage2 wrote:
Hi,

I understand that interviews for R2 have to be scheduled by 12 January, so does that imply that interview invites will have rolled out by then? Or will every applicant book an interview date and then only a few will get invited?

Can anyone please help me understand the timeline of Kellog's interviews in January, specifically, when will invite roll out and when will the actual interviews happen?

Everyone who schedules an on-campus interview will be interviewed. If you can't come to campus, then you have to indicate a preferred interview location in your app and will receive an invitation (or waiver) within 4-6 weeks.


That's quite different from what I've seen in other schools.
So everyone who submits their application, and is willing to interview at the campus will get an interview?
But people who don't want to visit the campus for an interview, will only get an interview invite or a waiver?

Any idea on the number of people in each bracket?
_________________

https://www.mymbasage.com

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Aug 2018
Posts: 38
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Marketing
GRE 1: Q161 V164
GPA: 3.42
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2018, 04:50
mbasage2 wrote:
danpo wrote:
mbasage2 wrote:
Hi,

I understand that interviews for R2 have to be scheduled by 12 January, so does that imply that interview invites will have rolled out by then? Or will every applicant book an interview date and then only a few will get invited?

Can anyone please help me understand the timeline of Kellog's interviews in January, specifically, when will invite roll out and when will the actual interviews happen?

Everyone who schedules an on-campus interview will be interviewed. If you can't come to campus, then you have to indicate a preferred interview location in your app and will receive an invitation (or waiver) within 4-6 weeks.


That's quite different from what I've seen in other schools.
So everyone who submits their application, and is willing to interview at the campus will get an interview?
But people who don't want to visit the campus for an interview, will only get an interview invite or a waiver?

Any idea on the number of people in each bracket?


Yup that’s how it works. When you submit your app, you can select on or off campus. If you select on campus, starting in a week or two they’ll make a link available on your portal for you to schedule an interview, and they will interview you.

I’ve already submitted my R2 app, selected on campus but didn’t see a link so I emailed admissions to clarify. They confirmed all of the above, and suggested the interview schedule would be coming out in another week or so, and would be making scheduling links available then.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Sep 2018
Posts: 5
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2018, 07:54
Thanks. This was very helpful.
_________________

https://www.mymbasage.com

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Sep 2014
Posts: 6
Location: United States
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2018, 10:08
Looks like someone's reporting admission. Seems very early?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Feb 2018
Posts: 20
Location: United States
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2018, 10:12
Maybe Executive MBA or Evenings/Weekends?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021! &nbs [#permalink] 04 Dec 2018, 10:12

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16    Next  [ 317 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling All Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants(2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Gnpth, DigitsnLetters, hanamana



Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.