GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 12 Jul 2020, 21:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
G
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2020, 15:00
icanhazmba wrote:
I have a quick question for people who have interviewed already. So I understand that I'm required to upload my resume to the portal for the interviewer. My question is, do I have any leeway on making minor cosmetic changes to the resume I submitted when I applied, and also possibly add some more content that will help explain my experiences a little bit better? I wonder if anybody has experience with that? Also, I'm assuming the formatting requirements (1" margins, 1 page) still stand, right?

I interviewed in R2. I made slight cosmetic changes like making margins wider (the one I uploaded with application had very narrow margins that would make it harder to hold/read a hard copy).
I had a blind interview on-campus with an MBA2. The interviewer only had my resume, no other notes from AdCom members about my essays or application. So, I don't think whether you make changes or not makes any difference.
Good luck!
Admitted
17 Mar, 2020
14 Apr 2020, 13:22
saeco GMAT: 650, Q34, V34; GPA: 3.73; WE: 42 months; United States; via Phone
Call came at 7 PM [#permalink]
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.66
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2020, 20:54
A new Ross Michigan Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/ross-196/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1301
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2020, 21:30
Anyone know if Ross is going to allow deferrals this year? Especially if the reason is related to COVID-19. (Internationals- can't get visa, pushing back semester start affecting visa status for summer internship, etc)
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2020, 21:40
nuboard wrote:
Anyone know if Ross is going to allow deferrals this year? Especially if the reason is related to COVID-19. (Internationals- can't get visa, pushing back semester start affecting visa status for summer internship, etc)

I don't have specific information about Ross but all programs are expecting a substantial increase in the deferral requests (mainly from international admits for obvious vias reasons) and preparing themselves to cope with the situation. According to one estimate, 20% admits are likely to seek deferrals this year. You should talk to Ross admissions and find out what is their policy with respect to deferrals.
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2020, 08:04
Anyone interviewed with the Tauber Institute? Would really appreciate few inputs about what questions to expect. Thanks.
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GRE 1: Q168 V154

GRE 2: Q169 V152
GPA: 3.49
WE: Engineering (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2020, 13:05
btharun2008 wrote:
Anyone interviewed with the Tauber Institute? Would really appreciate few inputs about what questions to expect. Thanks.

btharun2008

Sorry for asking but what is Tauber Institute?
G
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2020, 17:09
workout wrote:
btharun2008 wrote:

btharun2008

Tauber Institute for global operations at the University of Michigan.

2019 Class Profile
Students in 8 different degree programs participate in the Tauber Institute. Through the Tauber Institute, all students complete a rigorous joint business and engineering curriculum and participate in a Tauber Team Project. There were 69 students from the following degree programs who graduated between August 2018 and May 2019:

MBA 46%
Engineering Graduate Program and Engineering Global Leadership Honors Program (BSE/MSE) 54%

https://tauber.umich.edu/

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2020, 05:48
s1lntz wrote:
workout wrote:
btharun2008 wrote:

btharun2008

Tauber Institute for global operations at the University of Michigan.

2019 Class Profile
Students in 8 different degree programs participate in the Tauber Institute. Through the Tauber Institute, all students complete a rigorous joint business and engineering curriculum and participate in a Tauber Team Project. There were 69 students from the following degree programs who graduated between August 2018 and May 2019:

MBA 46%
Engineering Graduate Program and Engineering Global Leadership Honors Program (BSE/MSE) 54%

https://tauber.umich.edu/

Thanks s1lntz

Tauber institute focuses on technology driven solutions to operational problems in various industries. For those who are interested in Operations, Ross+Tauber is a great combination, I feel. Just want to know if anyone has interviewed, so that I can prepare better.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2020, 21:36
Attended the Ross webinar for admitted students yesterday. I must say, this webinar fell significantly short of my expectations of Ross as a student-friendly B-school. The hosts Dean DeRue and Soojin were defensive throughout, and transparency regarding the deferrals process was only possible after some nudging. Given these uncertain coronavirus times, I would have expected some empathy and flexibility on the part of the AdCom.

Even though Ross was my #1 choice, I am considering a lower ranked B-School that has shown a much more positive response to me in this time.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.13

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2020, 06:42
Imbroglio wrote:
Attended the Ross webinar for admitted students yesterday. I must say, this webinar fell significantly short of my expectations of Ross as a student-friendly B-school. The hosts Dean DeRue and Soojin were defensive throughout, and transparency regarding the deferrals process was only possible after some nudging. Given these uncertain coronavirus times, I would have expected some empathy and flexibility on the part of the AdCom.

Even though Ross was my #1 choice, I am considering a lower ranked B-School that has shown a much more positive response to me in this time.

Do what’s best for you but...
Don’t let your personal feelings about the adcom effect your decision. They aren’t going to be your teachers or your classmates. They’re just setting up the system. If the system they set up isn’t a good fit for your circumstances then don’t attend but I would personally leave that negative experience out of your decision making process.

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.73

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2020, 08:44
Imbroglio wrote:

Also, keep in mind this situation is extremely fluid.

Schools probably have no idea what their yield will look like so talking about deferrals and making promises is dangerous.

You expect empathy from the AdCom but try to have some empathy for what they are dealing with too. They're trying to figure out what their calss will look like in September while we have no idea what the world situation will be next week.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2020, 08:39
A new Ross Michigan Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/ross-196/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1311
BSchool Moderator
G
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Marketing (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2020, 08:53
Imbroglio wrote:

I can imagine what you're feeling, but as DChockey08 also mentioned, these are unprecedented times and I don't think anyone was ready for normal life to be disrupted to the extent that it has been. The fact that you have an expectation from Ross tells me that they have been able to demonstrate that student-friendliness in the past to you. :) So, my suggestion to you would be to give the situation some more time and not make any decision based on the current flux (of course, if you do feel that the other school makes more sense, you should attend there). We're all waiting to get more clarity and certainty but unfortunately, it will take a while before we get that.

Is Berkeley Haas your dream school?
Join the applicant conversation on this thread.

My GMAT debrief: 12 weeks to 720 --> 3 weeks to 750
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Ross '22 (WL)

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2020, 08:15
Anyone on the WL hear from Adcoms this week on whether or not they were still interested in the program?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2020, 09:12
FinalCountdown321 wrote:
Anyone on the WL hear from Adcoms this week on whether or not they were still interested in the program?

I'm on the waitlist and I didn't get hear from them about this. Did you get a notification?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2020, 09:23
Haven't heard anything yet
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2020, 09:52
Is there anyone here who is still on the waitlist without interview?

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38

Show Tags

New post 30 Apr 2020, 01:14
vimas wrote:

Are you guys international students?
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 30 Apr 2020, 01:42
mayank330 wrote:
vimas wrote:

Are you guys international students?

Yes I am an international candidate. Don't think there is any hope because I haven't interviewed yet. Would like to know your perspective.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]   [#permalink] 30 Apr 2020, 01:42

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14    Next  [ 271 posts ] 

Calling All Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: variantguy, sj24