Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:30 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Stern '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.01
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Denied
12 Dec, 2017
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.19
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V53
GPA: 3.34
Send PM
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
No news here. I know they were off until 1/3, and there was that snow day on 1/4 where most businesses in NYC were closed (though for some reason, looks like Columbia was making calls on 1/4), and I imagine they're probably busy with rescheduling interviews for people affected by the weather this week. So I would guess maybe some calls next week

But man am I anxious... They say so themselves to relax, since they accept ~70% of people interviewed, but I can't help but feel like I might be in the 30% the more I think about my iffy responses lol
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
Re: Calling All NYU Stern MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
I interviewed on 12/4 and haven't heard back yet. Since we're only on the 16th business day since that interview (discounting the entire week between Christmas and New Years as well as 1/2 and yesterday, 1/4, since they were off) we're really only barely into the fourth business week as it were since I interviewed, and the rule of thumb I've seen has been 3-4 weeks, so I'd expect to hear back sometime next week.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 131 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Send PM
kayjaysay wrote:
I interviewed on 12/4 and haven't heard back yet. Since we're only on the 16th business day since that interview (discounting the entire week between Christmas and New Years as well as 1/2 and yesterday, 1/4, since they were off) we're really only barely into the fourth business week as it were since I interviewed, and the rule of thumb I've seen has been 3-4 weeks, so I'd expect to hear back sometime next week.

Do keep in mind they are short staffed entire january due to storm.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
kayjaysay wrote:

Second this. Even though they say 3-4 weeks. I was told specifically that I would know some time mid-Jan. Now that’s 3 weeks after my interview (including holidays). And last year saw a lot of decisions within 10-15th Jan.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GRE 1: Q166 V160
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Any 15 nov applicant still waiting for initial notification ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Send PM
thatmbahope wrote:
No news here. I know they were off until 1/3, and there was that snow day on 1/4 where most businesses in NYC were closed (though for some reason, looks like Columbia was making calls on 1/4), and I imagine they're probably busy with rescheduling interviews for people affected by the weather this week. So I would guess maybe some calls next week

But man am I anxious... They say so themselves to relax, since they accept ~70% of people interviewed, but I can't help but feel like I might be in the 30% the more I think about my iffy responses lol

Where did you get the 70% number for interview invite acceptances?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
icanandwill wrote:

Me! I applied for 2-year full time MBA in round 2 and still waiting for a response. Hopefully we'll hear back in January.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.66
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
cheesecake070707 wrote:
icanandwill wrote:

Me! I applied for 2-year full time MBA in round 2 and still waiting for a response. Hopefully we'll hear back in January.

I thought the 2-year round 2 deadline isn't until January 15th? I don't think we will receive the invitation to interview until late February.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
Send PM
Filthydelphia wrote:
cheesecake070707 wrote:
icanandwill wrote:

I thought the 2-year round 2 deadline isn't until January 15th? I don't think we will receive the invitation to interview until late February.

This is correct, although it may be early to mid February if you're lucky
Intern
Intern
Send PM
True. 2 year R2 deadline is Jan 15. I applied to R2 deadline for Tech MBA which was 15 Nov. I did reach out to admissions and sent them additional courses that I completed after submitting the application but I havent heard back anything. My application status shows as 'Subitted' Anyone who applied to R2 Tech MBA and still waiting to hear back? They have Tech MBA R3 coming up on 15 Jan.

Cesky wrote:
Filthydelphia wrote:
cheesecake070707 wrote:

This is correct, although it may be early to mid February if you're lucky
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.19
Send PM
sidiitm2004 wrote:
kayjaysay wrote:

Second this. Even though they say 3-4 weeks. I was told specifically that I would know some time mid-Jan. Now that’s 3 weeks after my interview (including holidays). And last year saw a lot of decisions within 10-15th Jan.

Interesting.

Well then I still have some hope! Best of luck to you all :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
WE:Business Development (Retail)
Send PM
Is there a thread for Waitlisted students? Haven't seen much movement on that front, considering a few students from R1 were waitlisted by mid-december.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
CantonasRaisedCollar wrote:
Is there a thread for Waitlisted students? Haven't seen much movement on that front, considering a few students from R1 were waitlisted by mid-december.

Agreed, I was waitlisted in R1 and I was wondering when someone would post a waitlist thread.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey- Those of you who have been interviewed, where did you see the status change from 'Submitted' to 'under review' or 'invited for interview'? Once we log in to application, there is a pop up that has application status and then after login, there is another section for application status. Is there any other place within or outside application from where the status of application can be checked?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.8
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
thinmint wrote:

Agreed, I was waitlisted in R1 and I was wondering when someone would post a waitlist thread.

Hey Guys!

I too am a waitlisted R1 applicant. Did you guys sent any email or tried any form of contact with the admissions committee after WL decision?

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
golumolu wrote:
thinmint wrote:

Hey Guys!

I too am a waitlisted R1 applicant. Did you guys sent any email or tried any form of contact with the admissions committee after WL decision?

Thanks!

Hey mate. Waitlisted before or after interview?

Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.8
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Hey mate. Waitlisted before or after interview?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app[/quote]

Hey, I got waitlisted after an interview at campus.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20  ...  31   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts