Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:54 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Given Kudos: 77
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [1]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: Calling All Rotman Applicants - Class Of 2023 (2021 Intake) [#permalink]
Kudos
Not a lot of recent interview debriefs in the Debrief section. Would be great if some of the recent interviewees could share their experiences/stories in this thread. Appreciate in advance!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
fasih96 wrote:
Got invited for an interview for the coming week!
Super excited for it, bit nervous too actually but looking forward to it.

Heyy how did the interview go? Possible to share the interview experience?
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
rotmanhopeful21 wrote:
Not a lot of recent interview debriefs in the Debrief section. Would be great if some of the recent interviewees could share their experiences/stories in this thread. Appreciate in advance!

bschoolNew Avengers0703 Onyiyi Zawad12 SabinoM JingboChen94 dxu firsttimenoob VINEETA9 Tejasvee Phemyodu58 Russthemann theweeknd jk11 fasih96 deekshajuneja Slimshady8564 PranaviKr eshita3 khyatibansal1 @chetanm10 @nmt2617

I see you all are done with your Rotman interviews. Please consider adding your interview experiences in the following link :)

https://gmatclub.com/forum/rotman-toron ... brief.html
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [2]
Given Kudos: 27
Send PM
Kudos
Nikhil wrote:
rotmanhopeful21 wrote:

bschoolNew Avengers0703 Onyiyi Zawad12 SabinoM JingboChen94 dxu firsttimenoob VINEETA9 Tejasvee Phemyodu58 Russthemann theweeknd jk11 fasih96 deekshajuneja Slimshady8564 PranaviKr eshita3 khyatibansal1 @chetanm10 @nmt2617

I see you all are done with your Rotman interviews. Please consider adding your interview experiences in the following link :)

https://gmatclub.com/forum/rotman-toron ... brief.html

I don't remember it exactly, but ill add what I remember
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Those who got admission to Rotman, please consider sharing a bit more about your profile in the following link. Thank you :)

https://gmatclub.com/forum/admitted-pro ... 39853.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38 (Online)
GPA: 3.16
Send PM
Kudos
rotmanhopeful21 wrote:
fasih96 wrote:

Hi yeah I just added my interview to the debriefs section. It's pasted below as well for your convenience.

"I had an interview with Danielle Spence over Skype. She asked me eight questions in total of which I only remember the ones below but all of them were from debriefs I had read earlier on the GMATClub.

1-Explain in two minutes or less your career journey?
2-What are your short and long-term goals?
3-How will you contribute to the MBA program?
4-Why Rotman and why now?
5-In case you don't get into the companies you're targeting what is your Plan-B
6-If Rotman could grant you three wishes what would they be?

She was a great interviewer and helped put me at ease as well. The first question threw me off just a bit since I wasn't expecting the need for brevity and I'm sure I went at least a minute above required but I made sure the overall interview ended in time for me to ask some questions and some chitchat as well. We talked briefly about the program and the surge of applications and the workload she must be facing before finishing the interview. She promised to get back to me within two weeks so I'm expecting a response any day now. She also seemed fairly positive about my chances and told me that getting an interview was a great step."
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
fasih96 wrote:
rotmanhopeful21 wrote:
fasih96 wrote:

Hi yeah I just added my interview to the debriefs section. It's pasted below as well for your convenience.

"I had an interview with Danielle Spence over Skype. She asked me eight questions in total of which I only remember the ones below but all of them were from debriefs I had read earlier on the GMATClub.

1-Explain in two minutes or less your career journey?
2-What are your short and long-term goals?
3-How will you contribute to the MBA program?
4-Why Rotman and why now?
5-In case you don't get into the companies you're targeting what is your Plan-B
6-If Rotman could grant you three wishes what would they be?

She was a great interviewer and helped put me at ease as well. The first question threw me off just a bit since I wasn't expecting the need for brevity and I'm sure I went at least a minute above required but I made sure the overall interview ended in time for me to ask some questions and some chitchat as well. We talked briefly about the program and the surge of applications and the workload she must be facing before finishing the interview. She promised to get back to me within two weeks so I'm expecting a response any day now. She also seemed fairly positive about my chances and told me that getting an interview was a great step."

Thank you a ton for the response. Would you mind sharing the three wishes you had for Rotman? I just wanted to get a lay of the land re: this question is all.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
Thank you a ton for the response. Would you mind sharing the three wishes you had for Rotman? I just wanted to get a lay of the land re: this question is all.[/quote]

No worries and sure yeah.
My three wishes:
1-Relationships during the program that I could rely on after the MBA ended both with students and teachers alike.
2-Some degree of certainty about my future in terms of professions. I told her that while I did have my short and long term goals already decided I was hoping the MBA would help me shape them better.
3-Personal and professional betterment, that I could come out of the MBA program as a better person in everyway possible.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Hi fasih96

Did your status change to WL for Rotman just recently?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
28958601189 wrote:
Hi fasih96

Did your status change to WL for Rotman just recently?

It did indeed, received an email this week that they can offer to keep me on their waitlist and will revisit when the next round deadline passes.
Bit of a bummer but I guess that's how it is for now. I don't think a lot of people make it past the wait list :p
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V32
GPA: 4
WE:Brand Management (Retail)
Send PM
I am joining this conversation pretty late, is it too late to apply now? I believe Jan 4 is the deadline.

Also, could someone share their thoughts on my profile and chances to get into Rotman:
32 years old. Female.
9+ years of experience in Retail.
Currently working with a large conglomerate's Retail Division at managerial level.
2+ years International work experience.
X/Xll 82/76.4
BFTech NIFT Hyderabad 8/10 CGPA
Exec PG Certificate from IIFT Delhi 3.2/5 CGPA
3-4 internships in textile and apparel industry for more tha 4weeks.
No worthwhile EC
GMAT: 660

Thanks in advance

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
fasih96

Sorry to hear about that. It's odd because you have a strong profile and, as you said, the interview went well. I would potentially ask them what factors contributed to WL and if there is anything you can improve in in the interim?

Best of luck.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Send PM
fasih96 wrote:
Thank you a ton for the response. Would you mind sharing the three wishes you had for Rotman? I just wanted to get a lay of the land re: this question is all.

No worries and sure yeah.
My three wishes:
1-Relationships during the program that I could rely on after the MBA ended both with students and teachers alike.
2-Some degree of certainty about my future in terms of professions. I told her that while I did have my short and long term goals already decided I was hoping the MBA would help me shape them better.
3-Personal and professional betterment, that I could come out of the MBA program as a better person in everyway possible.[/quote]

That's a pretty good answer. I wonder what other people said. Would love to hear other answers.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
WE:Brand Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hi All
I am planning to apply to Rotman in R2. Some evaluation on my profile will help me put the best foot forward.
Please find below the details of my work experience.
GMAT-700(Q49, V35, IR5, AWA- Yet to receive)
POST GRAD GOALS:
Work as a Strategy Consultant in a good Consulting firm.
WORK EXPERIENCE:
HONDA TWO WHEELERS INDIA PVT LTD
Associate Product Manager (Mar 2018 – Till Date)
• Product Incharge of overall Scooter portfolio (Total: $950 million/yr. revenue)
• Responsible for developing new price perception based model (Segment top priority features & perceived values) for 125cc ATSC Segment. It provides a key understanding on perceived feature prices of the customers which led to a more feature based approach towards the pricing strategy of new BS-VI (new emission standards) models.
• Successfully lead the cross-functional team for Bharat Stage-VI lineup introduction, finalized key strategies for product mix, pricing and marketing; successfully becoming the first maker to introduce BSVI vehicles in India.
• Using market analytics, finalized three key states in which industry was growing and Honda was stagnant; created positioning and profitability scenario for Honda Dio (Scooter), improving market share by 6% (9200 Units).

YAMAHA INDIA PVT LTD
Supply Chain Analyst (Feb 2015-Mar 2018)
• Responsible for Procuring Plastic, Proprietary Parts as direct Material for Production Line. Also manage identification and forecasting of suppliers that may impact production, ensuring smooth supply.
• Responsible for activity based Costing & Zero based Costing based on type of Part & Supplier.
• Reduced the discrepancy rate from 1100ppm to 500ppm of assigned vendors by applying Pareto principle.
• Implemented the supply of colored parts as disintegrated units, reducing backorders by 36%.
• Analyzed market requirements and redeveloped 3 RX 100 parts, re-gaining lost profit of 2.2 Million INR.
• Implemented Purchase Order Stabilization activity, which increased the target day wise PO receiving by 12%.
AWARDS AND RECOGNISATION:
• Awarded 2nd position in overall GET batch of 2015 for effectively analyzing and proposing a restructuring of warehouse which in turn reduced the overall parts receiving to binning time by 25%.
• Awarded for creating a two-wheeler industry SEC (Socio Economic Classification) database for ~34000 customers
• Captain of Volleyball team that was interschool winner for 2 years - 2008 & 2009.

ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS:
2010-2014: Maharishi Dayanand University (B-Tech Mechanical) - First Division (62.4%)
2010: CBSE 12th Std – 60%

EXTRACURRICULAR INTERESTS, ACTIVITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS:
• Work for a nationally recognised NGO as funds manager for raising funds and other types of financial support and have also designed a unique system to effectively check whether the applicant profile is worthy/correct for support.
• Volunteer with a Foundation for events such as cultural event, job fairs, and information seminars.
• Avid motorcycle rider – Done Khardungla pass (Height – 18380 feet) twice, and multiple intercity long rides.
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi nikhilbhat,

Since this is not the profile evaluation thread, I am only giving my two cents here to briefly evaluate your chances.

I believe your professional experience is the highlight of your profile with many big impacts and recognitions. You have had a pretty rich leadership experience in the current company. You should talk about the skills you build here, the experience you had and what you gained from this whole journey. You have good stats for Rotman and some really interesting ECs which you should definitely talk about. So, you do have a competitive profile and should consider applying to the school.

You can make your profile unique and appealing by two things. One, making the case for how Rotman is the right fit. For this, connect your professional experience to your goal of the strategy consultant. How your career inspired you to pursue it and what are you trying to gain from your future experience of strategy consultant and what are the companies you're targeting? Connect the later part to your long-term goal as to how strategy consulting can help you achieve the bigger aspirations of yours and then finally link the whole narrative to how Rotman will be a catalyst in this journey. Try to go as much deeper as you can while you introspect on these points.

Second, your personality. Try to determine if your personality, values and belief are aligned with those of Rotman and how it's MBA program can help in your personal growth?

I believe all the recent admits will agree to this and MBA and Beyond is here to help you strategize better and connect with people who had the same journey as you and now are Rotman admits. Feel free to connect with us as per your convenience.

Shantanu Sharma, Linkedin
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525

nikhilbhat wrote:
Hi All
I am planning to apply to Rotman in R2. Some evaluation on my profile will help me put the best foot forward.
Please find below the details of my work experience.
GMAT-700(Q49, V35, IR5, AWA- Yet to receive)
POST GRAD GOALS:
Work as a Strategy Consultant in a good Consulting firm.
WORK EXPERIENCE:
HONDA TWO WHEELERS INDIA PVT LTD
Associate Product Manager (Mar 2018 – Till Date)
• Product Incharge of overall Scooter portfolio (Total: $950 million/yr. revenue)
• Responsible for developing new price perception based model (Segment top priority features & perceived values) for 125cc ATSC Segment. It provides a key understanding on perceived feature prices of the customers which led to a more feature based approach towards the pricing strategy of new BS-VI (new emission standards) models.
• Successfully lead the cross-functional team for Bharat Stage-VI lineup introduction, finalized key strategies for product mix, pricing and marketing; successfully becoming the first maker to introduce BSVI vehicles in India.
• Using market analytics, finalized three key states in which industry was growing and Honda was stagnant; created positioning and profitability scenario for Honda Dio (Scooter), improving market share by 6% (9200 Units).

YAMAHA INDIA PVT LTD
Supply Chain Analyst (Feb 2015-Mar 2018)
• Responsible for Procuring Plastic, Proprietary Parts as direct Material for Production Line. Also manage identification and forecasting of suppliers that may impact production, ensuring smooth supply.
• Responsible for activity based Costing & Zero based Costing based on type of Part & Supplier.
• Reduced the discrepancy rate from 1100ppm to 500ppm of assigned vendors by applying Pareto principle.
• Implemented the supply of colored parts as disintegrated units, reducing backorders by 36%.
• Analyzed market requirements and redeveloped 3 RX 100 parts, re-gaining lost profit of 2.2 Million INR.
• Implemented Purchase Order Stabilization activity, which increased the target day wise PO receiving by 12%.
AWARDS AND RECOGNISATION:
• Awarded 2nd position in overall GET batch of 2015 for effectively analyzing and proposing a restructuring of warehouse which in turn reduced the overall parts receiving to binning time by 25%.
• Awarded for creating a two-wheeler industry SEC (Socio Economic Classification) database for ~34000 customers
• Captain of Volleyball team that was interschool winner for 2 years - 2008 & 2009.

ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS:
2010-2014: Maharishi Dayanand University (B-Tech Mechanical) - First Division (62.4%)
2010: CBSE 12th Std – 60%

EXTRACURRICULAR INTERESTS, ACTIVITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS:
• Work for a nationally recognised NGO as funds manager for raising funds and other types of financial support and have also designed a unique system to effectively check whether the applicant profile is worthy/correct for support.
• Volunteer with a Foundation for events such as cultural event, job fairs, and information seminars.
• Avid motorcycle rider – Done Khardungla pass (Height – 18380 feet) twice, and multiple intercity long rides.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

I have received my acceptance email from Rotman for fall-2021 intake. It took almost 11 weeks since I submitted my application. Now, I am wondering about the student visa process for India and when should I initiate it, and how much time do I have to submit my visa details to Rotman?

For Indians who have been accepted, How are you planning to fund your MBA?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
When I tried to book a coffee chat meet, I was denied one. When I tried to contact another admission's officer, I was finally given a coffee chat slot. During the chat this person was exceptionally unprofessional and rude and kept rambling about how bad my profile was. I have a 710 on GMAT and a 3.3 GPA in civil engineering, but I have gap in employment because I migrated to a new country. I tried to explain that I worked part time and that I have volunteered at non profit organizations, but she did not want to hear anything. I thanked her for the meeting and ended it as she was not letting me talk and had already made up her mind. She said - what have you studied? I said engineering. To which she said - everybody in India is an engineer.

Compared to Rotman, Ivey Adcom was definitely more professional and mature.

Originally posted by Amelia414 on 03 Dec 2020, 14:23.
Last edited by Amelia414 on 09 Dec 2020, 08:23, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22  ...  29   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts