Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 23:40 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 23:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 618653 [8]
Given Kudos: 81563
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.11
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Stern '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.01
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Rotman Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi All

Congratulations to all those who got the admits!!

I am based out of India and I am planning to apply to Rotman in R3. Some evaluation on my profile will help me put the best foot forward.

Please find below the details of my work experience.

GMAT-710( Q49, V37, IR5, AWA-5)

WORK EXPERIENCE:

RLARD ENGITECH PVT.LTD (Start-up) (August 2016-Present)
Head-Sales & Marketing

•Implemented ideas to expand the customer base and helped in streamlining the online product channel.
•Hosted workshops to spread awareness about the product.

AXIS RISK CONSULTING PVT.LTD. (March 2015-July 2016)
Associate Consultant

•Member of IC COE team for Mondelez International- designed the RCM and monitored the risk and control framework of North America and Bratislava Region.
•Member of Internal Audit Team for Dabur International- Independently reviewed -Sales, Logistics, Production and Payroll processes- highlighted process loopholes and provided recommendations to the top management
•Lead the GE India Dresser site and ensured ICFR compliance
•Independently handled the ANZ region for GlaxoSmithKline and ensured appropriate documentation, adequate testing and accurate reporting on financial control activities

SKYTEX INDUSTRIES PVT.LTD. (December 2014-March 2015)
Associate Director

•Oversaw Sales and Marketing for company products
•Provided valuable inputs to minimize production costs and to ensure optimum utilization of resources
•Streamlined the distributor channel to maximize profits.

AXIS RISK CONSULTING PVT.LTD. (July 2013- November 2014)
Senior Analyst

•Independently lead the Beverage Division (North-East Region) and Stales Process (North Region), which included over 100 audits per months, for PepsiCo India and trained over 50 CA Firms
•Received Gold Team Appreciation Award for contribution to Claim Management Project for PepisCo India.
•Regularly inspected Distributor sites of PepsiCo India across the Northern Region of India
•Managed Store Inventory for Vishal Mega Mart which resulted in optimization of the STR (stock transfer ratio) throughout India, reducing the client’s annual inventory management cost by INR 30 Cr.

INTERNSHIPS:

•Finance Intern at Indian Oil Corporation Limited - June 2012 to August 2012
•Marketing Intern at Viacom 18 - January 2012 to February 2012

ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS:

2010-2013
University of Delhi ( 3 year Degree)
Hansraj College (B.A. Eco (H))
75.7%

C.B.S.E (XII)
D.P.S, Mathura Road, New Delhi
94%

C.B.S.E (X )
90.33%

EXTRACURRICULAR INTERESTS, ACTIVITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS:

•Member, Axis’ Fun@ Work Team - organised Fresher’s training, day outs and sports competitions (2014-2016)
•Participated in Axis’ CSR Initiatives (2013-2015) - plantation drive, blood donation drive etc.
•All India Crime Reform Organisation (2011-present) -worked with Delhi Police to reduce the crime rate in locality, made people aware about their rights and civic responsibilities.
•Member, Axis Recruitment Team 2014 – helped in recruitment process and took 1st Round of interviews accompanied by Senior Managers in Delhi University Colleges- SRCC, Hansraj, SSCBS
•Volunteer, AISEC UDAAN 2011- held cultural workshops and various competitions for underprivileged children.
•Dance Society, Hansraj College - represented college at college festivals - BITS OASIS 2010, Rendezvous 2010
•Event Management, Dance, Basketball and meeting new people
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [1]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 590 Q46 V25
GPA: 3.84
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Rotman Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Sagarkalra92 wrote:
Hi All

Congratulations to all those who got the admits!!

I am based out of India and I am planning to apply to Rotman in R3. Some evaluation on my profile will help me put the best foot forward.

Please find below the details of my work experience.

GMAT-710( Q49, V37, IR5, AWA-5)

WORK EXPERIENCE:

RLARD ENGITECH PVT.LTD (Start-up) (August 2016-Present)
Head-Sales & Marketing

•Implemented ideas to expand the customer base and helped in streamlining the online product channel.
•Hosted workshops to spread awareness about the product.

AXIS RISK CONSULTING PVT.LTD. (March 2015-July 2016)
Associate Consultant

•Member of IC COE team for Mondelez International- designed the RCM and monitored the risk and control framework of North America and Bratislava Region.
•Member of Internal Audit Team for Dabur International- Independently reviewed -Sales, Logistics, Production and Payroll processes- highlighted process loopholes and provided recommendations to the top management
•Lead the GE India Dresser site and ensured ICFR compliance
•Independently handled the ANZ region for GlaxoSmithKline and ensured appropriate documentation, adequate testing and accurate reporting on financial control activities

SKYTEX INDUSTRIES PVT.LTD. (December 2014-March 2015)
Associate Director

•Oversaw Sales and Marketing for company products
•Provided valuable inputs to minimize production costs and to ensure optimum utilization of resources
•Streamlined the distributor channel to maximize profits.

AXIS RISK CONSULTING PVT.LTD. (July 2013- November 2014)
Senior Analyst

•Independently lead the Beverage Division (North-East Region) and Stales Process (North Region), which included over 100 audits per months, for PepsiCo India and trained over 50 CA Firms
•Received Gold Team Appreciation Award for contribution to Claim Management Project for PepisCo India.
•Regularly inspected Distributor sites of PepsiCo India across the Northern Region of India
•Managed Store Inventory for Vishal Mega Mart which resulted in optimization of the STR (stock transfer ratio) throughout India, reducing the client’s annual inventory management cost by INR 30 Cr.

INTERNSHIPS:

•Finance Intern at Indian Oil Corporation Limited - June 2012 to August 2012
•Marketing Intern at Viacom 18 - January 2012 to February 2012

ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS:

2010-2013
University of Delhi ( 3 year Degree)
Hansraj College (B.A. Eco (H))
75.7%

C.B.S.E (XII)
94%

C.B.S.E (X )
90.33%

EXTRACURRICULAR INTERESTS, ACTIVITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS:

•Member, Axis’ Fun@ Work Team - organised Fresher’s training, day outs and sports competitions (2014-2016)
•Participated in Axis’ CSR Initiatives (2013-2015) - plantation drive, blood donation drive etc.
•All India Crime Reform Organisation (2011-present) -worked with Delhi Police to reduce the crime rate in locality, made people aware about their rights and civic responsibilities.
•Member, Axis Recruitment Team 2014 – helped in recruitment process and took 1st Round of interviews accompanied by Senior Managers in Delhi University Colleges- SRCC, Hansraj, SSCBS
•Volunteer, AISEC UDAAN 2011- held cultural workshops and various competitions for underprivileged children.
•Dance Society, Hansraj College - represented college at college festivals - BITS OASIS 2010, Rendezvous 2010
•Event Management, Dance, Basketball and meeting new people

Hi,

Congratulations for your GMAT score.

you have 50-50 chance of getting into, because i know people with your same score have been selected and also rejected.

IMO i dont know how hey will see your professional experience, you have rapid growth at the same time you stayed very less time at each company.

if you wanna enter this year itself , you will have to apply to safe school also.

if you ready to enter 2018 or 19 , you can concentrate on how to build the application such as social activity etc.

And more important of all you have 3-year degree some schools have restriction on that, please check with admission once.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [1]
Given Kudos: 1220
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V29
GMAT 2: 670 Q50 V31
GPA: 4
WE:Business Development (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi everyone.

Is there any chance for me to make it at Rotman with my profile ?
Indian, 3 years exp in international Business Development and operations at French based MNC. B.Tech and M.tech (chemical Engg). M.tech from IIT. GMAT score 620 q47v29. TOEFL yet to give.
GPA~3.5.

Any suggestions for me will be really appreciated.
Thanks and congrats to all admits.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GRE 1: Q162 V157
GPA: 2.84
WE:Business Development (Real Estate)
Send PM
Your gmat is too low for rotmon in my opinion. Also work experience is on the lower side. Do you have any managerial experience. I had gre score of 319 (gmat 640) and managerial experience of 3 years startup but was rejected. For asians like us gmat is the deal breaker. Try to get 670 plus or wait for couple of more years to get more experience for good chances

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [2]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
Kudos
somtsat99 wrote:
Hi everyone.

Indian, 3 years exp in international Business Development and operations at French based MNC. B.Tech and M.tech (chemical Engg). M.tech from IIT. GMAT score 620 q47v29. TOEFL yet to give.
GPA~3.5.

GPA is good enough, but GMAT is on a lower side. If you followed this year's trend, earlier rounds hold more water.
I'd say, two things.
Try if you have money and be ready to be rejected. And in that case, BE READY TO SHOW IMPROVEMENT next year. If you don't have a way to show improvement, DON'T Apply.
Or increase your GMAT and apply next year.

But this late in the game, if you are only based in India (eventhough you worked for a French MNC), I'd say slim chance. Keep in mind though, if you really have a very interesting story, experience and you can convey it, nothing is out of bounds.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V40
GRE 1: Q161 V164
GPA: 3.7
WE:General Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
somtsat99 wrote:
Hi everyone.

GPA~3.5.

Hi Somtsat99, ask yourself this question. What is the catch? Even if you were Canadian, what do you think is the catch on your profile? especially when other applicants from your country are applying with +700 score and some years of experience up their sleeves. 3yrs of work experience suggest limited responsibility at work, so GMAT can be better.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
Your work experience is interesting, and I like the multicultural dimension of it, but ya, GMAT too low. IMO Indians should not apply to schools where their GMAT is below the average in 99% of the cases. If you can truly articulate diversity/unique contribution then sometimes you can submit a GRE - if it is still unpublished for Rotman - so they are inspired to accept you and it won't hurt them to do so from a rankings perspective. Reach out of you would like some 1-1 with GMAT verbal.
Senior PS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 5204 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
Welcome everybody to the Rotman profile evaluation request thread!

Suggested Template

Background and nationality
Undergrad Information
GMAT:
Work experience and leadership
Community and others
International experience(if any)
Post MBA goals
X-Factor - What makes you different?

Share your profile here and we'll get some experts to review it!
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
I would recommend that you add international work experience to this template

MBA Prep Coach
https://MBAPrepCoach.com
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 254
Send PM
Hi Guys,

I gave my GMAT last week and scored 660. I would however want someone to review my overall profile and give me an idea regarding my applicability to get into Rotman.
My profile details are as follows:-

Completed Bachelor's in Engineering from Mumbai University , India in 2012 with an aggregate of 74%.
I have a total work experience of 5 years in Software Industry and have worked for TIBCO , and now working for a startup.
I have worked for a variety of clients under Retail, Telecom,Travel and Banking domain. My telecom client is one of the upcoming telecom giant in India .My work primarily included software development.
I have got ample opportunities to work directly with the client since I was working on site. On my work, I have experience in various cycles of project development like Design, Development, Testing and support.

As a part of my work, I have trained juniors and have co-leaded a team of around 5-6 people.
I am sure of getting good recommendation letters from my managers/seniors.
For my work I have also been awarded as a Best Team Player.
I have volunteering experience for quiet a few years, but I am not sure of getting a proof for the same as I have been out of touch with the organisation since past two years.

Please evaluate my profile.
Your comments and suggestions will be very helpful. :-D :) :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V39
GPA: 3.4
WE:Science (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
adityapareshshah wrote:
Hi Guys,

I gave my GMAT last week and scored 660. I would however want someone to review my overall profile and give me an idea regarding my applicability to get into Rotman.

Completed Bachelor's in Engineering from Mumbai University , India in 2012 with an aggregate of 74%.
I have a total work experience of 5 years in Software Industry and have worked for TIBCO , and now working for a startup.
I have worked for a variety of clients under Retail, Telecom,Travel and Banking domain. My telecom client is one of the upcoming telecom giant in India .My work primarily included software development.
I have got ample opportunities to work directly with the client since I was working on site. On my work, I have experience in various cycles of project development like Design, Development, Testing and support.

As a part of my work, I have trained juniors and have co-leaded a team of around 5-6 people.
I have volunteering experience for quiet a few years, but I am not sure of getting a proof for the same as I have been out of touch with the organisation since past two years.

Good varied experience but you need to improve your GMAT. Candidates from India for Rotman are typically in the 700+ range, I'd say a 690 would be okay too if you can sell yourself well but I would definitely advise on writing the GMAT again.

Rotman has a very standard and straightforward criteria wherein your profile counts holistically. Point being, there's less of a chance of you being a great interviewer and making up for deficiencies elsewhere. You have lots of time so make sure you work on all aspects of your application. The GPA and WE is good so focus on a) GMAT, b) essays and c) the interview
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [1]
Given Kudos: 52
Send PM
Kudos
adityapareshshah wrote:
Hi Guys,

Hi Aditya,
Your profile is good not great. Top Canadian schools have become more competitive since the uncertainty over H-1B in the US. Agree with advise above that Rotman puts more emphasis on academic record and hence, your GMAT score is low. Because you represent a "typical Indian candidate" pool you need to have a solid 700+ GMAT score for Rotman.
Other attributes of your profile are very good. 5 years of work ex, and I hope the move to a start up is a career progression. No proof is usually required for demonstrating your community involvement. You do however need to display leadership and team work experience which I'm guessing from your profile shouldn't be a problem.
If you have any international work ex that would be helpful too. Other Industry specific certifications ? Having good LORs goes a long way too.

Which other schools are you considering ? Ivey, Schulihc, Sauder ? Are you focusing only in Canada or in US of A too ? Hope this helps.

Best,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi All,

Please evaluate my profile as an international applicant for the MBA program at Rotman

Nationality: Indian
Undergraduate Qualification: Btech (6.4/10)
Masters Qualification: MBA (Marketing) (6.7/10)
GMAT: 700
Work experience: Total 5yrs (4years with 2leading NBFCs in Sales and Marketing as a manager (team size 30+)..good performer, but no execptional; currently running a small business which i would wind up and return to job (hence GMAT for better opportunities))

Extracurriculars: Moderate: College Football team captain. President of environment club of my MBA college.

How good are my chances for Rotman?
Name few good colleges in EU where i have good chance of getting into.

Thanks in advance!

Shekhar
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [0]
Send PM
SHEKHAR1504 wrote:
Hi All,

Please evaluate my profile as an international applicant for the MBA program at Rotman

Nationality: Indian
Undergraduate Qualification: Btech (6.4/10)
Masters Qualification: MBA (Marketing) (6.7/10)
GMAT: 700
Work experience: Total 5yrs (4years with 2leading NBFCs in Sales and Marketing as a manager (team size 30+)..good performer, but no execptional; currently running a small business which i would wind up and return to job (hence GMAT for better opportunities))

Extracurriculars: Moderate: College Football team captain. President of environment club of my MBA college.

How good are my chances for Rotman?
Name few good colleges in EU where i have good chance of getting into.

Thanks in advance!

Shekhar

Hi Shekhar,
You have a good profile. Above average GMAT score. Nice leadership and team work experience. Couple of pointers:
1. You already have an MBA. While there is no specific rule against it, you may want to clarify it with the adcoms. Also, you should have a strong reason to pursue a second MBA
2. Most people are actively involved during their undergrad, it is important that you're involved in community and extra curricular even when you work.

There are quite a few schools you can apply to in EU. Depending on your post MBA goals you may want to look at IESE, Rotterdam or IMD. Hope this helps.

Best,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Great thread guys!

would love if someone could evaluate my profile

Background and nationality - Indian origin canadian citizen female
Undergrad Information - B.tech in Chemical Engineering,National Institute of technology,Surat,India with 8.03/10 GPA. Last 2 semesters being 8.64 and 9.41
GMAT: a disappointing 640 (Q-45 V-34), this is best out of 3
Work experience and leadership - 1 year as Production Engineer in Cairn Energy, Rajasthan, India and consequent 3 years as Process engineer in McDermott Middle East, Dubai,UAE. Throughout the 4 years of work ex, i have had technicians report to me, had to deal with clients and vendors, and have worked in remote locations and fabrication yards in harsh conditions
Talent Management Liason in Graduate council - was responsible for representing graduate program union to the management in McDermott. In the process, organized various team events, brainstorming sessions and lunch and learns with senior management
Community and others -
1. Participated in CSR activities in Cairn energy. Organized women's day on behalf on Cairn in which we visited a remote village near our plant and motivated women and their daughters to avail education to the best of their abilities
2. Was part of I-India in college. Visited old age homes to spend time with the residents and organize "Joy of Giving week" where we personally served children from residents with entertainment,food and fun.
3. Currently part pf dance classes where we perform every 6 months at annual gatherings.
4. Travelled to Austria,Switzerland,Germany,France,Kenya,
Post MBA goals
1. Plans to get into consulting and eventually into strategic management of FMCG/Energy industry.

Appreciate any one who can provide some insights!
Thank you
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [2]
Send PM
Kudos