Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 17:46 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [3]
Given Kudos: 41
Schools: LBS '21 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V32
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V29
GPA: 3.5
WE:Project Management (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
Hi,

In an application, it has a section of employment history.

But the second area in it is:- Define your current role*

Here, can someone please highlight the verb usage for each sentence while answering this question?
Should we open sentence with a verb in a past tense or in present continuous tense? [Handled xyz or handling xyz]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]
Ppmano wrote:
When should we expect to be hearing back from round2 for the interviews?

Posted from my mobile device

I got a mail that they have received my application and they will inform me about their decision on 16th Friday
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got it too! Wish the best for both of us

dave19 wrote:
Ppmano wrote:
When should we expect to be hearing back from round2 for the interviews?

I got a mail that they have received my application and they will inform me about their decision on 16th Friday
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 620 Q35 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.91
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
Got the invite to interview!
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [3]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
helene wrote:
Got the invite to interview!

Congratulations helene

You can check out a few of the latest Interview debriefs here https://gmatclub.com/forum/said-211/int ... brief.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V32
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
Congratulations. Also got an interview!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

I applied to R2 and had my interview a day back. It went really well. He asked me where else have I applied, he already knew I would have applied to INSEAD. (I attended INSEAD for a small course previously). There was quite a bit of questioning as to why I chose to apply to where I did. I'm a bit worried because I have heard schools not granting acceptance letters to applicants they feel would be admitted somewhere else and not pick their school. (Something to do with maintaining retention rates.)
How often does this happen? And how was everyone else's interview experience?
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8833 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
ayeshaahmed89 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I applied to R2 and had my interview a day back. It went really well. He asked me where else have I applied, he already knew I would have applied to INSEAD. (I attended INSEAD for a small course previously). There was quite a bit of questioning as to why I chose to apply to where I did. I'm a bit worried because I have heard schools not granting acceptance letters to applicants they feel would be admitted somewhere else and not pick their school. (Something to do with maintaining retention rates.)
How often does this happen? And how was everyone else's interview experience?

ayeshaahmed89

You can find others' interview experiences here https://gmatclub.com/forum/said-211/int ... brief.html

I also request you to add you interview experience using the same link and then click on "Add My Interview Debrief"

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: NUS '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Kudos
Hi there. I'm applying to Said for R3. Any idea how competitive is R3 compared to R1 and R2?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
GMAT 1: 750 Q53 V36
GRE 1: Q170 V161
GPA: 3.65
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
veerjhamtani wrote:
Hi there. I'm applying to Said for R3. Any idea how competitive is R3 compared to R1 and R2?

Same here. Any one having any ideas about Round3?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
+1 to this question. Does anybody have any idea about R3 for an average Indian applicant?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: NUS '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
veerjhamtani wrote:

Any thoughts on this, anyone?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
OrielRona wrote:
veerjhamtani wrote:
veerjhamtani wrote:

Any thoughts on this, anyone?

Hi Everyone, I attended Oxford and currently work as an admissions consultant. I have helped many people successfully apply to Oxford.

To answer your question about the competitiveness of R3. The majority of applications and similarity the majority of the intake will come with R3. This means that is slightly more competitive than R1 or R2. However, there are still a lot of seats to be filled and if you are a competitive candidate, your chances should not be lower with this round.

R4 is the more challenging round for Admissions. At this point, you are evaluated less for your own merits and more based on the current class and if you can bring diversity and a unique profile to the people who have already accepted offers.

In summary, your chance of admission during R1, R2 and R3 is fairly equal. Hope this helps!

Rona Aydin
Oriel Admissions, MBA Admissions Consulting

Thanks, Rona. That actually helps a lot.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GPA: 4
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Hello everyone, I just had my interview (R2) and I've read in some places that is recommended to send an email to the interviewer thanking her for the interview? What do you suggest?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
namusoke92 wrote:
Hello everyone, I just had my interview (R2) and I've read in some places that is recommended to send an email to the interviewer thanking her for the interview? What do you suggest?

Hi, you should definitely send a thank you note, but make sure it's not too late(like after 24 hours). Also, can you share your interview experience?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sunnysourav wrote:
namusoke92 wrote:

Hi, you should definitely send a thank you note, but make sure it's not too late(like after 24 hours). Also, can you share your interview experience?

Really i didnt know
Also how do you get the email of your interviewer?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GPA: 4
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
A new Said Oxford Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/said-211/interview_debrief.html
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ppmano wrote:
sunnysourav wrote:
namusoke92 wrote:

Really i didnt know
Also how do you get the email of your interviewer?

Well, you ask them for their contact details before finishing the interview. If you haven't then you can send the thank you note to the common admissions id of the program thanking the team and the interviewer for their time.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts