Summer is Coming! Join the Game of Timers Competition to Win Epic Prizes. Registration is Open. Game starts Mon July 1st.

It is currently 18 Jul 2019, 23:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020!

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Multiple Decisions Reported  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2019, 07:30
Said Oxford DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Invited to interview, 28 minutes ago, from Bolivia, GMAT:600, GPA: 3.2, Industry: Real Estate, WE 72, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 52 minutes ago, from Canada, GMAT:660, GPA: 4, Industry: Other, WE 114, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2019, 08:30

• Invited to interview, 20 minutes ago, from Costa Rica, GMAT:700, GPA: 2.98, Industry: Investment Banking, heard via: email
  • Denied, 31 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:680 (Q49 V34), Industry: Internet and New Media, WE 74, heard via: portal_update
  • Invited to interview, 33 minutes ago, from Canada, GMAT:700 (Q50 V34), GPA: 3.58, Industry: Other, WE 62, heard via: email
  • Denied, 38 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:690, GPA: 3.26, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2019, 09:30

• Invited to interview, 15 minutes ago, from Peru, GMAT:710, Industry: Consulting, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 29 minutes ago, from Mexico, GMAT:500, GPA: 3.8, Industry: Commercial Banking, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2019, 10:30

• Denied, 14 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:650 (Q47 V32), Industry: Consulting, WE 60, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 54 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:680 (Q45 V38), GPA: 3.95, Industry: Investment Banking, WE 84, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2019, 13:30

• Invited to interview, 18 minutes ago, from Sweden, GMAT:690 (Q47 V38), Industry: Consumer Electronics, WE 84, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 48 minutes ago, from Canada, GMAT:680 (Q44 V39), heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
V
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2019, 14:26
Hi Expert,
Here is the link of Said (Oxford) Interview process.

https://www.sbs.ox.ac.uk/programmes/oxf ... gmatandgre

Quote:
Do I have to come to Oxford for an interview?

If you are selected for interview, you will be invited to come to the School and have your interview here. This gives you the opportunity to see the School and meet some of our current students. We also offer interviews at key locations in other countries where possible, - your invitation to interview will specify all options available at that time. However, if you are not able to attend in person we will arrange a Skype interview for you. This will not affect our final decision, we treat interviews via Skype, in Oxford, or in other cities equally.

One stupid question: who will pay the plane fare to attend the university to face the interview?

I'm from out of England.

Do you need official questions for Quant?
3700 Unique Official GMAT Quant Questions
------
SEARCH FOR ALL TAGS
GMAT Club Tests
MBA Section Director
V
Re: Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2019, 19:51
hammadmisbah wrote:
Just received a mail from Said school for interviewing shortlisting.
Can someone provide guidance as to how to approach it?
I do know the basic MBA questions.
Would love anybody's experience for interviews.

hammadmisbah

Check out the following link to read some of the latest Oxford Said interview experiences.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/said-211/int ... brief.html

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2019, 19:55
AsadAbu wrote:
Hi Expert,
Here is the link of Said (Oxford) Interview process.

https://www.sbs.ox.ac.uk/programmes/oxf ... gmatandgre

Quote:
Do I have to come to Oxford for an interview?

If you are selected for interview, you will be invited to come to the School and have your interview here. This gives you the opportunity to see the School and meet some of our current students. We also offer interviews at key locations in other countries where possible, - your invitation to interview will specify all options available at that time. However, if you are not able to attend in person we will arrange a Skype interview for you. This will not affect our final decision, we treat interviews via Skype, in Oxford, or in other cities equally.

One stupid question: who will pay the plane fare to attend the university to face the interview?

I'm from out of England.

AsadAbu

Unless stated otherwise, you have to pay for all your interview expenses.
Schools: Oxford"20 (A$)
GRE 1: Q161 V164
GPA: 3.93

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2019, 19:16
Hi guys! I received the interview invitation on Jan 31st. But the admission team requested me to send the original transcript to them on Feb 4th. Just wondering if this is normal practice?
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Schools: Oxford"20 (II)
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.59
WE: Engineering (Other)

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2019, 19:42
alexisfromhkms wrote:
Hi guys! I received the interview invitation on Jan 31st. But the admission team requested me to send the original transcript to them on Feb 4th. Just wondering if this is normal practice?

It seems so. I have also been asked for transcripts

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2019, 19:46
hammadmisbah wrote:
alexisfromhkms wrote:

It seems so. I have also been asked for transcripts

Posted from my mobile device

Many thanks!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GRE 1: Q160 V161
GPA: 3.95

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2019, 00:19
alexisfromhkms wrote:

Same here! I decided to attend the interview in the UK (on campus) for a chance to see and meet people and will bring my transcript in person. My university's transcript service wanted to charge me $73 to post it to Oxford - no way! For that, I'll just bring it myself.
Intern
Intern
Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2019, 23:32
I will be flying from Canada to Oxford, for my interviews at Said this week, on 21st February 2019. Would any one of you want to meet up or share accommodation? Kindly message me or leave your contact information! Would be lovely to connect before we meet at the dinner on Thursday :)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2019, 05:38
A new Said Oxford Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/said-211/interview_debrief.html#debrief-908
BSchool Thread Master
B
Schools: LBS '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
WE: Operations (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2019, 08:51
Shoutout to those who have received results for R3 - please help us update your results!
It will go a long way in helping us obtain accurate statistics :)
Best of luck for those gunning for R4!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V39

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2019, 18:56
Hi all - Best of luck to everyone who just did in-person interviews this past Thursday and Friday! I'm going to the interviews this upcoming week.

Any thoughts on the dress code for the Thursday dinner and Friday interview day?

The invitation for Thursday says business attire. Does this mean dress as if you work on Wall St/ banker and meeting with a client? For women: black, navy or grey pant or skirt suit? I'm guessing it's best have the same dress code on the Friday?

Really appreciate any feedback!
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2019, 21:27
naturalfibres wrote:
Hi all - Best of luck to everyone who just did in-person interviews this past Thursday and Friday! I'm going to the interviews this upcoming week.

Any thoughts on the dress code for the Thursday dinner and Friday interview day?

The invitation for Thursday says business attire. Does this mean dress as if you work on Wall St/ banker and meeting with a client? For women: black, navy or grey pant or skirt suit? I'm guessing it's best have the same dress code on the Friday?

Really appreciate any feedback!

naturalfibres

I was able to find the following threads dedicated to business attire. See if they will be of any help to you.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/business-att ... 58705.html
https://gmatclub.com/forum/jb-s-guide-t ... 01527.html
https://gmatclub.com/forum/search-resul ... or%20girls
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V39

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2019, 15:33
Thanks workout!
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: HEC '22
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2019, 06:07
Is anyone applying in last round ? Do you think it’s worth to give a try in last round or should I delay to round 1 in Sept?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2019, 06:17
htkv0902 wrote:
Is anyone applying in last round ? Do you think it’s worth to give a try in last round or should I delay to round 1 in Sept?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

htkv0902

Check the topics in the following link.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/search-resul ... ext%20year

Also, I advise you to go to the decision tracker and see how your profile compares to other applicants' You can access Oxford decision tracker here https://gmatclub.com/forum/said-211/dec ... acker.html
Re: Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020!   [#permalink] 13 Mar 2019, 06:17

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13    Next  [ 247 posts ] 

Calling all Said (Oxford) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2020!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: SamuelWitwicky