Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 04:46 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 04:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [2]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.3
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [2]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.33 (UG), 3.61 (Grad)
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
WE:Engineering (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
dLo wrote:
Purvil311 wrote:
Update from Satiya from admissions through the chat:
"Interview invites have started going out and will continue to go out for the next few weeks. No particular order :) "

Keep your fingers crossed! :D

EDIT: Another small update, I asked about a cutoff date and if it was location driven:
"There’s really no cutoff since we try to interview people who are admissible as much as we can. It’s not location-driven."

To add to this: There is no specific algorithm that you guys can reverse-engineer regarding when interview invites are sent with any relation to submission time, profile, scores, green check marks, weather, mood of Dean Olian, etc. It is not worth your anxiety to try to figure out the system because these factors don't correlate. I was in this position a year ago and went through the same anxiety. your best bet is to just go outside, take a walk, pick up a hobby, let the time pass until you get a response. No use pulling your hair out :)

Thanks again Ryan! Was great to have some insight. It's hard not to be anxious when it's your top choice school :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 190
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.68
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Narenn wrote:
UCLA chat will start @8AM PDT, in 90 minutes approx. Join the chat room if you are around.. mchat.php?fl=menu

Narenn wrote:
Tuesday, October 25: Live Chat with UCLA Adcom and Current Students

Dear Applicants, First live chat of this season with UCLA admissions is scheduled for the Tuesday, Oct 25. We hope all of you will attend this chat. If anyone can't attend the session but has questions for adcom/students, you can PM your questions to me and I will try to get their answers from UCLA team. Thank you! See y'all in the event.

UCLA Team Participating in the Session
  • Satiya Witzer - Associate Director of MBA Admissions
  • Tiffany Lu - Second-year MBA Student
  • Ryan Dumlao - First-year MBA Student (Note: Ryan is the UCLA ThreadMaster on forum and known by username dLo on GMATClub)

October 25, 2016 | Tuesday | 8:00 AM Pacific Time; 11:00 AM Eastern Time; 3:00 PM GMT. | Place: New Chat Room
Add this event to your Google calendar

Hey Narenn, any chance we can get the transcript of the chat please
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.8
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
I got the interview invite today at 5:00 AM IST. :)
Kindly share tips on the interview.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
xploSID wrote:

Congratulations! Can you share your profile stats please?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
ashman843 wrote:
xploSID wrote:

Thanks.
Ethnicity: Indian
GMAT: Above school average
Work-ex: 6 years
Profession: Strategy Consultant at a tier-1 firm
Co-Founder of a successful startup
Goals: Entrepreneurship

I hope it helps.
Dont loose hope guys. Invites have started rolling in.
All the best.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
xploSID wrote:
ashman843 wrote:
xploSID wrote:

Thanks.
Ethnicity: Indian
GMAT: Above school average
Work-ex: 6 years
Profession: Strategy Consultant at a tier-1 firm
Co-Founder of a successful startup
Goals: Entrepreneurship

I hope it helps.
Dont loose hope guys. Invites have started rolling in.
All the best.

Nice! GMAT?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
Send PM
dLo wrote:
Purvil311 wrote:
Update from Satiya from admissions through the chat:
"Interview invites have started going out and will continue to go out for the next few weeks. No particular order :) "

Keep your fingers crossed! :D

EDIT: Another small update, I asked about a cutoff date and if it was location driven:
"There’s really no cutoff since we try to interview people who are admissible as much as we can. It’s not location-driven."

To add to this: There is no specific algorithm that you guys can reverse-engineer regarding when interview invites are sent with any relation to submission time, profile, scores, green check marks, weather, mood of Dean Olian, etc. It is not worth your anxiety to try to figure out the system because these factors don't correlate. I was in this position a year ago and went through the same anxiety. your best bet is to just go outside, take a walk, pick up a hobby, let the time pass until you get a response. No use pulling your hair out :)

Have been trying to keep from constantly refreshing my email, no invite yet. Guess I'll have to just be patient. It is helpful to know there's no pattern to it though, one less thing to obsess about ;)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V38
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
UCLA chat will start @8AM PDT, in 90 minutes approx. Join the chat room if you are around.. mchat.php?fl=menu

Narenn wrote:
Tuesday, October 25: Live Chat with UCLA Adcom and Current Students

Dear Applicants, First live chat of this season with UCLA admissions is scheduled for the Tuesday, Oct 25. We hope all of you will attend this chat. If anyone can't attend the session but has questions for adcom/students, you can PM your questions to me and I will try to get their answers from UCLA team. Thank you! See y'all in the event.

UCLA Team Participating in the Session
  • Satiya Witzer - Associate Director of MBA Admissions
  • Tiffany Lu - Second-year MBA Student
  • Ryan Dumlao - First-year MBA Student (Note: Ryan is the UCLA ThreadMaster on forum and known by username dLo on GMATClub)

October 25, 2016 | Tuesday | 8:00 AM Pacific Time; 11:00 AM Eastern Time; 3:00 PM GMT. | Place: New Chat Room
Add this event to your Google calendar

Any way we could get a transcript? Sorry, could not attend due to work commitments.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.26
Send PM
Got an interview invite yesterday! As a re-applicant from last year getting the email was a relief.

Any other re-applicants here who received an invite? I wanted to ask that do I need to send a copy of transcripts and degree certificates if I sent them as a part of last years application?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
I was a reapplicant and got an invite. I sent in one of two transcripts again and saw the X turn to a check mark. Presumably I didn't need to send anything. Call them to confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Engineering (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Anyone mind sharing their interview experience?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
It was pretty standard:

-Why MBA
-Career Goals
-Why Anderson
-What is your plan if your career goal doesn't work out
-Talk about a time you were a leader
-What role do you play in groups
-Biggest failure
-Strengths and weaknesses
-Would you change anything about this interview
Manager
Manager
Send PM
How much weightage does Anderson put on interviews? Mine went not as good as I had expected. The call started with connection issues and we finally settled for a phone call. However much time was wasted in the process and we couldn't get in depth. :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
HaddyPainkiller wrote:
How much weightage does Anderson put on interviews? Mine went not as good as I had expected. The call started with connection issues and we finally settled for a phone call. However much time was wasted in the process and we couldn't get in depth. :(

From the website:

"Interviews are conducted on an invitation-only basis and one is required before admission can be offered. Applications are re-read after the interview comments are added, and then the Admissions Committee decides whether to make an admission offer.
Interviews are rarely the deciding factor in an admissions decision; instead they typically mirror or round out information already provided in the application. We are interested in getting to know you as an individual and understanding how you'll fit into the next class. We assess your communication skills, social skills, and readiness for our program."
Manager
Manager
Send PM
billybob2 wrote:
HaddyPainkiller wrote:

From the website:

"Interviews are conducted on an invitation-only basis and one is required before admission can be offered. Applications are re-read after the interview comments are added, and then the Admissions Committee decides whether to make an admission offer.
Interviews are rarely the deciding factor in an admissions decision; instead they typically mirror or round out information already provided in the application. We are interested in getting to know you as an individual and understanding how you'll fit into the next class. We assess your communication skills, social skills, and readiness for our program."

I had already read that piece of information, but wanted a personal opinion. Thanks anyway.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Send PM
Still nothing from my end :( Seems I might be dinged.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Purvil311 wrote:
Still nothing from my end :( Seems I might be dinged.

Same here. Anyways it is what it is. We all have to hold on for a another couple of weeks.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  22   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts