Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:19 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 616
Schools: Tepper '18
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 190
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.68
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
ashman843 wrote:
Odds aren't in our favor but yeah, looks like one more week of invites are left.

Ditto. The hope will be quite slim after next week.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
I had my UCLA interview a few days back. I was very pleasantly surprised at the smoothness with which it went. It really felt like a real genuine conversation you would have to know someone better rather than an evaluation with an agenda in mind. Yes, we talked about why MBA and goals etc but also a lot about personal lives and sports and stuff. Made me want to attend Anderson even more..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I have an interview this upcoming week and I'm pretty stressed about it since Anderson is my top choice. From what I've read in this thread it seems like the interview is very casual. Were there any behavioral questions I should prepare for?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Given up hoping for an invite. Time to move on.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V36
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
ashman843 wrote:
Given up hoping for an invite. Time to move on.

Yep
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Ross '19 (M$)
Send PM
JamesDFitz wrote:
I have an interview this upcoming week and I'm pretty stressed about it since Anderson is my top choice. From what I've read in this thread it seems like the interview is very casual. Were there any behavioral questions I should prepare for?

From what I understand it is very dependent on the student interviewing. It's quite conversational but the level of 2 way conversation varies. Mine was somewhat in the middle of the experiences I've heard about. Don't stress though, just make sure you come across well and they understand that Anderson is your #1 and why that's the case.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Guys,
All the best to you all! I have a question for people who have been interviewed (or have been sent interview invitation!). I have been interviewed and I have asked my graduate schools to send transcripts to Anderson, however, due to Holidays in India (owing to festivals), my transcripts would not reach by the deadline ( as set, 3 weeks after the interview invitation date). This is pretty distressing, as I am not sure what happens in that case! Could anybody pls share their experience from current or past admission cycle? Thanks a ton!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.13
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
JamesDFitz wrote:

I interviewed last week, and my experience was not as casual as other interviews: the interviewer was pretty pointed (at least in comparison with other MBA admissions interviews), in particular around my career goals. The interview was pretty standard: career goals, why Anderson, why MBA etc. I don't recall being asked the standard behavioral questions (ex: talk about a failure, what is your leadership style). Given that the interviews are conducted by students who are working off a question bank, everyone's interview questions are likely to vary so you may receive behavioral questions even though I did not.

I think as long as you can answer the standard questions, and you don't just give bs, you'll be fine.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Any interview invites expected now?
Have any Indian candidates got invites post 20th - 22nd October?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 313 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Ah ! Disappointed that I could not get an interview call... Had really tried my best !
I think having a post-MBA technology career plan is a highly negative factor for an Indian aspirant aiming for UCLA . Anyway time to move on I guess :(
(Though I still hope I wake up to that surprise mail from UCLA before it's too late)

All the best to those who secured an interview !
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Well if you look at the profiles of Anderson grads from India, most are in technology post MBA. It's probably something else. But yeah, gutted I didn't get an invite. I worked the hardest on my Anderson application.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
devalmaniar wrote:
Any interview invites expected now?
Have any Indian candidates got invites post 20th - 22nd October?

I am Indian engineer/entrepreneur and got the invite on 25th October. All the best!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.83
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
jophish17 wrote:
I interviewed last week, and my experience was not as casual as other interviews: the interviewer was pretty pointed (at least in comparison with other MBA admissions interviews), in particular around my career goals. The interview was pretty standard: career goals, why Anderson, why MBA etc. I don't recall being asked the standard behavioral questions (ex: talk about a failure, what is your leadership style). Given that the interviews are conducted by students who are working off a question bank, everyone's interview questions are likely to vary so you may receive behavioral questions even though I did not.

I think as long as you can answer the standard questions, and you don't just give bs, you'll be fine.

I had my interview a few weeks back and it wasnt as casual or smooth as others said here.. My interviewer was at work and took out some time in between for interview. Seemed pretty tired (was yawning, rubbing eyes etc.), I felt kind of bad for him.

I was asked about professors, specifically which professor I liked at Anderson. I had not researched prof's and had to admit that... I think my interview sucked :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q42 V42
GPA: 3.27
WE:Sales (Computer Software)
Send PM
Should I give up? Haven't heard a peep from UCLA. A bit disappointing since I went there for undergrad and I have received invites from higher-ranked programs. Maybe my "goals" essay sucked :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Schools: Ross '19 (M$)
Send PM
gdyste wrote:
Should I give up? Haven't heard a peep from UCLA. A bit disappointing since I went there for undergrad and I have received invites from higher-ranked programs. Maybe my "goals" essay sucked :(

Don't give up! There's still over a month to go until decisions released.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mbamsay wrote:
gdyste wrote:

Don't give up! There's still over a month to go until decisions released.

Don't mean to crush anyone's hopes but when I spoke to the Dean on admissions at a information session, I asked him till when do invites come out. He said generally till the second week of November because they need time to review and collate all the information. Still hoping deep down but also being a little pragmatic about the whole thing.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 125
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
WE:Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi guys,
Happy to see the chatter for applying to Anderson!
I'm a first year student at UCLA Anderson and went through similar highs and lows last year. If there are any Qs about the school or Qs on how to showcase your experience in the best light, let me know!
I worked in tech in India before Anderson and am focussing on tech and entrepreneurship while at Anderson.
For any Qs you have, if you feel it'll help everyone, prefer to post it on the forum; else I am reachable via private message.
I just talked to an 2016 alum who mentioned another batchmate holding weekly group google hangouts - something I can take up too if there is interest in it.
All the best for your preps!
#ShareSuccess,
Harshal
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  22   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts