Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 19:50 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.39
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Status:Organised Chaos - aka 'Method to the Madness' aka Mad Maxx
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 87
Concentration: Technology, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Unless you hear straight from the horse's mouth, I would not jump to any conclusions. It could very well be that they are still reviewing applications or that they are sending out invites in the order the applications were received ? The application tracker has invites being sent as late as last Saturday.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 141
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 630 Q43 V33
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.65
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Hey guys : do you know the policies of ucla of r3 international applicants? I know this will be very competitive but do you know if they just disregard r3 international applicants (eu)?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GPA: 2.92
Send PM
Received an interview invitation via e-mail on 27 January.

I am in Brazil and will do the interview via skype.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Did anyone who is not invited to interview notice on their Application Checklist the requirement for a HardCopy of the transcript? Super confused now...

EDIT: Saw the requirement to sent the hard copy transcript in the morning, received interview invite 4:30PM PST.

Originally posted by krishks on 31 Jan 2017, 12:57.
Last edited by krishks on 01 Feb 2017, 13:13, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Schools: CBS '20 (D)
GPA: 3
Send PM
Hi - does the status change from 'submitted' to 'under review' before an interview or rejection email is sent? I applied in R2 and my status is still at submitted. Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Flameboy wrote:
Hi - does the status change from 'submitted' to 'under review' before an interview or rejection email is sent? I applied in R2 and my status is still at submitted. Thanks.

nope, it doesn't change at all
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Expert Reply
beatoy wrote:
Flameboy wrote:

nope, it doesn't change at all

I believe it will directly change to Selected or rejected.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
On the verge of giving up on ever hearing from UCLA :( Ugh I want to go to Anderson so bad!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
deetdeet wrote:
On the verge of giving up on ever hearing from UCLA :( Ugh I want to go to Anderson so bad!

Hi - I received an interview invite around 4:30 PM PST on 1/31. Looks like they're still reviewing applications. The on-site interview dates go out till the week of 2/20- I would wait till at least then before getting worried.

All the best!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
I wont give up hope until mid-Feb. That's when I think thy would exhaust the list. Moreover, all geos have not yet been covered. (Atleast I know India isn't because no R2 invites have floated to Indian applicants).
Still positive!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
deetdeet wrote:

You are from US and given the situation right now with the turmoil n all, I would give some more time before losing hope!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
I'm an Indian applicant, I got my invite long back...No idea how they are evaluating files...Best of luck :thumbup:

SherLocked2018 wrote:
I wont give up hope until mid-Feb. That's when I think thy would exhaust the list. Moreover, all geos have not yet been covered. (Atleast I know India isn't because no R2 invites have floated to Indian applicants).
Still positive!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
rohitbansal1507 wrote:
I'm an Indian applicant, I got my invite long back...No idea how they are evaluating files...Best of luck :thumbup:

SherLocked2018 wrote:
Still positive!

Right! However, you are currently not in India right.. This could be debatable but that's how I am keeping put. :)
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
krishks wrote:
deetdeet wrote:

Hi - I received an interview invite around 4:30 PM PST on 1/31. Looks like they're still reviewing applications. The on-site interview dates go out till the week of 2/20- I would wait till at least then before getting worried.

All the best!

I hope so. I did submit my app down to the wire, but I'm worried that most of the interview invites have already gone out :(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I applied with a very strong story, but pretty terrible GMAT score. Would it be worth it to ask them to defer me to R3 while I take the GRE instead? Doing a Masters separately down the road in a technical field has been kicking around in my head as my post-MBA plans could benefit from one.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
GPA: 3.37
Send PM
deetdeet I received my invite very early and there were limited spaces available, the woman told me they release chunks of time to interview in waves, so they'll probably open more dates
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.33 (UG), 3.61 (Grad)
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
WE:Engineering (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
gxl90 wrote:
I applied with a very strong story, but pretty terrible GMAT score. Would it be worth it to ask them to defer me to R3 while I take the GRE instead? Doing a Masters separately down the road in a technical field has been kicking around in my head as my post-MBA plans could benefit from one.

no. do not defer to R3, R3 is not worth your time to apply to. there's no benefit in pushing yourself into the last pool - which is really just rounding out the class. if you are going to improve your GMAT score, do it now, and update your application with the school.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  22   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts