GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 06 Jul 2020, 01:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling Mendoza (Notre Dame) Applicants 2yr & 1yr MBA [2020 Intake]

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Current Student
User avatar
B
Joined: 22 Aug 2019
Posts: 8
Location: United States (TN)
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 640 Q35 V42
GPA: 3.4
WE: Sales (Journalism and Publishing)
Re: Calling Mendoza (Notre Dame) Applicants 2yr & 1yr MBA [2020 Intake]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2020, 08:06
3
For my question, the interviewer asked which topic I'd like to look into. I think she gave me two choices, and I picked the one I knew more about. The question was basically, "Your company wants to open a new part of the business in this region. You have to research and provide guidance. What information would you want to know?" She left the room for maybe 5 minutes, and when she came back, I just talked through all the things I'd want to know and why. I had a list of about 15-20 basic questions. I even questioned the whole premise of the project because it was a weird region to open that kind of business, and I think she appreciated that. :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Apr 2018
Posts: 39
Location: Viet Nam
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
Re: Calling Mendoza (Notre Dame) Applicants 2yr & 1yr MBA [2020 Intake]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2020, 08:39
wjhallberg wrote:
For my question, the interviewer asked which topic I'd like to look into. I think she gave me two choices, and I picked the one I knew more about. The question was basically, "Your company wants to open a new part of the business in this region. You have to research and provide guidance. What information would you want to know?" She left the room for maybe 5 minutes, and when she came back, I just talked through all the things I'd want to know and why. I had a list of about 15-20 basic questions. I even questioned the whole premise of the project because, it was a weird region to open that kind of business, and I think she appreciated that. :)

Did the interviewer response or ask follow-up questions while you were explaining ?
How long did your response take?
Oh my god, I am totally new to this and super nervous now.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 07 Jul 2018
Posts: 31
Location: India
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q45 V41
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Mendoza (Notre Dame) Applicants 2yr & 1yr MBA [2020 Intake]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2020, 08:53
2
thuytt wrote:
wjhallberg wrote:
For my question, the interviewer asked which topic I'd like to look into. I think she gave me two choices, and I picked the one I knew more about. The question was basically, "Your company wants to open a new part of the business in this region. You have to research and provide guidance. What information would you want to know?" She left the room for maybe 5 minutes, and when she came back, I just talked through all the things I'd want to know and why. I had a list of about 15-20 basic questions. I even questioned the whole premise of the project because, it was a weird region to open that kind of business, and I think she appreciated that. :)

Did the interviewer response or ask follow-up questions while you were explaining ?
How long did your response take?
Oh my god, I am totally new to this and super nervous now.



Hey! I would suggest you not to worry much about it. If most of the interview goes well it's going to be fine. They will ask you a question and you will get plenty of time to think about it. Just write down about 4-5 good points and explain them confidently. I guess that will do it. And I also confirmed with a member of the adcom they know that not every interviewee has done something like this in his/her profession so they just want to check how you think on your feet.
Nothing to worry about. Take it easy.
You can also check my ND debrief. I hope I could help.

Posted from my mobile device
_________________
~
SH
221B, Baker Street

~
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Apr 2018
Posts: 39
Location: Viet Nam
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
Re: Calling Mendoza (Notre Dame) Applicants 2yr & 1yr MBA [2020 Intake]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2020, 17:54
1
Thanks so much for your sharing. Hope to see you there in ND
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Aug 2019
Posts: 43
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
Re: Calling Mendoza (Notre Dame) Applicants 2yr & 1yr MBA [2020 Intake]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2020, 18:48
learner311

Is it just an idea on how you think?

I've never done one before either. Most questions seem behavioral - ie why notre dame, mba now, ethical leadership...etc.

Then there's this question such as how many backpacks in vietnam as an example. Do we need to really have a concrete number or just show constructive thinking: ie. population in vietnam, population which would be kids. how many people travel there in a given year. do they x% of those people using backpacks. etc.

Pretty difficult stuff.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 07 Jul 2018
Posts: 31
Location: India
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q45 V41
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Mendoza (Notre Dame) Applicants 2yr & 1yr MBA [2020 Intake]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2020, 22:43
GMATAlumni2019 wrote:
learner311

Is it just an idea on how you think?

I've never done one before either. Most questions seem behavioral - ie why notre dame, mba now, ethical leadership...etc.

Then there's this question such as how many backpacks in vietnam as an example. Do we need to really have a concrete number or just show constructive thinking: ie. population in vietnam, population which would be kids. how many people travel there in a given year. do they x% of those people using backpacks. etc.

Pretty difficult stuff.


Hello! Yes this particular question is mostly about how you approach the problem statement in a limited timeframe.
In my case I focused on the behavioral questions and that helped. Owing to the nature of a case question it might seem a bit challenging, but I believe that if you have some good points and valid explanations, you're good.

All the best!

Posted from my mobile device
_________________
~
SH
221B, Baker Street

~
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Feb 2020
Posts: 20
Re: Calling Mendoza (Notre Dame) Applicants 2yr & 1yr MBA [2020 Intake]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2020, 22:10
Hi, I applied to Mendoza's MBA program on Jan 7 2020. Within a day, I received invitation for Kira assessment. However, it has been almost a month since the assessment yet I received no interview calls. Could you guys tell me usually how soon are the interview invitations sent out following the Kira video assessment?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Feb 2020
Posts: 20
Re: Calling Mendoza (Notre Dame) Applicants 2yr & 1yr MBA [2020 Intake]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2020, 23:19
ssonesh wrote:
gvishu78 wrote:
yes.. i did..

Posted from my mobile device


Hi gvishu,

I'm done with my video assessment now and received an email for the interview.

Are you done with the interview?
Any tips?
how lobg after the Kira assessment did you receive the interview call? I took the assessment on Jan 15 but unfortunately there was no intimation for interview
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Feb 2020
Posts: 4
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
WE: General Management (Health Care)
Re: Calling Mendoza (Notre Dame) Applicants 2yr & 1yr MBA [2020 Intake]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2020, 23:22
Hi ssonesh11,

You are from the energy and utilities industry. That is where I would like to be after my MBA. Would you possibly know how will that play in my interview process and if there's anything I could ask the adcom regarding this industry in the US?

Thanks.




ssonesh11 wrote:
My interview was with Stephanie Brown. It was my first interview for an MBA college and what I really liked about the interview was that it was not as formal as a job interview. She was casual and made me comfortable.

Questions asked:
1. Why did you select the MBA/MSBA dual degree?
2. Why Notre Dame?
3. How will you contribute to the program?
4. Which concentration will you select if you're admitted?
5. Tell me about an achievement in your personal or professional life?
6. After you graduate from ND, how would you like your cohort to remember you?
7. Which companies are you looking forward to working at after your MBA?
8. Tell me about an incident when you disagreed with your senior, how did you react?
9. Tell me about an initiative you took and what was the result.
10. Describe yourself in three words.
11. Last one was a case study question. 5 minutes time is given to come up with an 'approach' to the problem? This is common to ND interviews.

After the interview, ample time was given to ask questions to the interviewer. Interview time was about 40 minutes.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Feb 2020
Posts: 20
Re: Calling Mendoza (Notre Dame) Applicants 2yr & 1yr MBA [2020 Intake]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2020, 04:40
ssonesh wrote:
helencwq wrote:
I received mine earlier today via call with a email shortly after.

Posted from my mobile device


Congratulations on the admit.
Hi....could you kindly tell me that how long after the Kira assessment did you receive the interview call?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Jun 2019
Posts: 7
Location: India
Re: Calling Mendoza (Notre Dame) Applicants 2yr & 1yr MBA [2020 Intake]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2020, 21:48
Has Mendoza started to roll out interview invites for R2 applicants? I can see people posting their interview debriefs, and I would like to know what Round you guys have applied in. I have completed the assessment and awaiting an interview invite. Is it worth to be hopeful or should I consider it a ding?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Aug 2019
Posts: 43
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
Re: Calling Mendoza (Notre Dame) Applicants 2yr & 1yr MBA [2020 Intake]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2020, 04:39
2
saratsuman wrote:
Has Mendoza started to roll out interview invites for R2 applicants? I can see people posting their interview debriefs, and I would like to know what Round you guys have applied in. I have completed the assessment and awaiting an interview invite. Is it worth to be hopeful or should I consider it a ding?


I would be hopeful. It should be 4-6 weeks after you applied for most schools. Poets and Quants mentioned that applications are up 35% this year for Mendoza as well.

Most schools I think release you early if they don’t think you are the right “fit”.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Apr 2018
Posts: 5
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
Re: Calling Mendoza (Notre Dame) Applicants 2yr & 1yr MBA [2020 Intake]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2020, 05:15
I'm planning to apply to Notre Dame MBA/MSBA. Does the school offer any scholarships to R3 international applicants?
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Apr 2017
Posts: 127
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.75
Re: Calling Mendoza (Notre Dame) Applicants 2yr & 1yr MBA [2020 Intake]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2020, 08:20
tadtoad wrote:
ajtmatch wrote:
Can one still expect interview invites or the decision has already been made? (applied in on the last day of R1)


I got an interview invite last night and was speechless cuz I had already given up hope.

I too submitted hours before the deadline. Weird thing is the only interview days available were in mid December. Since decision deadline is 13th December, I'm thinking it's either that I've been pushed to round two or decision date has been extended. The former is more likely.

So I guess an invite might still be possible.



Hey tadtoad,

I was wondering if you received a decision in R1 or are you still awaiting any notification.

Posted from my mobile device
_________________
Best,
Kabir
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 31 Aug 2018
Posts: 25
Location: Nigeria
WE: Programming (Internet and New Media)
Re: Calling Mendoza (Notre Dame) Applicants 2yr & 1yr MBA [2020 Intake]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2020, 08:33
roykabir772 Yes, I did sometime in December before the holidays. It was an admit but I've accepted another offer. Had to turn ND down.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Jun 2019
Posts: 7
Location: India
Re: Calling Mendoza (Notre Dame) Applicants 2yr & 1yr MBA [2020 Intake]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2020, 06:02
Just 15 days until the decision deadline and I haven't received an invite for interview. Is there anyone who's still awaiting the invite like I am?

Should I be expecting the invite anymore or should I give it up and consider it a ding?

I can only see a couple of people who updated their status on the decision tracker.

Please help.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Jun 2019
Posts: 7
Location: India
Re: Calling Mendoza (Notre Dame) Applicants 2yr & 1yr MBA [2020 Intake]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2020, 06:02
3
Just 15 days until the decision deadline and I haven't received an invite for interview. Is there anyone who's still awaiting the invite like I am?

Should I be expecting the invite anymore or should I give it up and consider it a ding?

I can only see a couple of people who updated their status on the decision tracker.

Please help.

[size=80][b][i]Posted from my mobile device[/i][/b][/size]
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Aug 2019
Posts: 43
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
Re: Calling Mendoza (Notre Dame) Applicants 2yr & 1yr MBA [2020 Intake]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2020, 17:30
Does anyone know if admissions will wait till the date to release all acceptances? I’m asking as for some schools I have gotten early notifications prior to the imposed deadline

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Oct 2018
Posts: 19
Location: United States (IN)
Re: Calling Mendoza (Notre Dame) Applicants 2yr & 1yr MBA [2020 Intake]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2020, 05:14
1
GMATAlumni2019 wrote:
Does anyone know if admissions will wait till the date to release all acceptances? I’m asking as for some schools I have gotten early notifications prior to the imposed deadline

Posted from my mobile device



During round 1 they did not release any information before the day of their deadline. Some internationals did get phone calls the day/night before, but that is most likely just do to timezone stuff than anything.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 May 2019
Posts: 20
Location: Viet Nam
Re: Calling Mendoza (Notre Dame) Applicants 2yr & 1yr MBA [2020 Intake]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2020, 04:07
I just posted my interview debrief, wish you guys best of luck!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling Mendoza (Notre Dame) Applicants 2yr & 1yr MBA [2020 Intake]   [#permalink] 03 Mar 2020, 04:07

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6    Next  [ 119 posts ] 

Calling Mendoza (Notre Dame) Applicants 2yr & 1yr MBA [2020 Intake]

  new topic post reply Update application status  





Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne